Share your GTS car setups, List on post #1

• Thread starter diesel97
  • 1,242 comments
So, whats the ideal way to go about making setups? My attempts have been laughable at best, I want my GR.3 cars to turn better and not kill me so much even on miniscule throttle application and I'd like to improve the understeery nature on the FF cars (especially the Focus as I intend on bringing back my CTSC setup from GT6).

How many set-up saves are there now? I surely hope it's more than three....

Its Eight.

Last edited:
I have a method. I soften the front springs just a little (5 clicks), maybe lower front and back by 3-4 clicks, put in about -.02 toe in, reduce rear camber about 10 clicks, reduce all LSD values about 10%, adjust brake bias to rear by 10%, reduce traction control to 1, install adjustable transmission and adjust for the track. Evaluate and adjust further.

For help with tunes, my go to is Priaino.

mustang gr3.jpg

Ford Mustang GR.3 B.Hatch.jpg

For the gears , do the same as GT6.
-Final gear maximum
-Top speed minimum
-Set each gear ratio
-Then final gear again

Enjoy your drive.

><(((((°>°°°°°

Last edited:
So, whats the ideal way to go about making setups? My attempts have been laughable at best, I want my GR.3 cars to turn better and not kill me so much even on miniscule throttle application and I'd like to improve the understeery nature on the FF cars (especially the Focus as I intend on bringing back my CTSC setup from GT6).

Its Eight.
Here are my thoughts on tuning.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gt-sport-beta-physics-discussion.354702/page-9#post-11773755

LSD and gearing can be very useful in the Gr.3 RWD cars. Lengthen the gears a bit and it will help with the crazy snap.

I have the Corvette C7 and really like it as compared to the other Gr.3 cars. I was trying the Mustang and it was not working out well for me.

I messed with the FF cars and rotation a lot more than RWD, so my thoughts on RWD are going to be immature right now.

But if you follow that general direction I gave on FF, I think you will be pleased.

I will pull out my Scirocco tune tonight and post it up in here.

EDK
Here are my thoughts on tuning.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gt-sport-beta-physics-discussion.354702/page-9#post-11773755

LSD and gearing can be very useful in the Gr.3 RWD cars. Lengthen the gears a bit and it will help with the crazy snap.

I have the Corvette C7 and really like it as compared to the other Gr.3 cars. I was trying the Mustang and it was not working out well for me.

I messed with the FF cars and rotation a lot more than RWD, so my thoughts on RWD are going to be immature right now.

But if you follow that general direction I gave on FF, I think you will be pleased.

I will pull out my Scirocco tune tonight and post it up in here.

Good info, I can never tune FF cars correctly in the GT series. I'm going to try this out and see if it helps. That focus is the only N300 car I have and it's miserable to drive. The only thing I've found to work is make it a drift machine and wait to accelerate until I'm almost out of the corner. All adjustments seem to make the car worse. Good looking out

Good info, I can never tune FF cars correctly in the GT series. I'm going to try this out and see if it helps. That focus is the only N300 car I have and it's miserable to drive. The only thing I've found to work is make it a drift machine and wait to accelerate until I'm almost out of the corner. All adjustments seem to make the car worse. Good looking out
Yeah I hate the focus, and generally most FF cars period, but the Scirocco stops me from hating them all.
I like my Subaru Impreza N300 though. Now if only I can get a GTR for Gr. 4. :)

View attachment 640221
View attachment 640222
-Final gear maximum
-Top speed minimum
-Set each gear ratio
-Then final gear again

Enjoy your drive.

><(((((°>°°°°°​
Is there any place where I can download your setup spread sheet, if it isn't public? ( is that the right word, spread sheet? In Portuguese I would say "o teu Excel pra preencher a tabela é público? Onde baixo?").

I quite disagree about the Evora, I like the Cars appearance but I hate driving it. That car can't be trusted, it loves to betray me.

Praiano
Admiro muito o seu papel aqui na GTP, sempre tentando ajudar.
Fica aqui os meus sinceros agradecimentos pelo empenho e tempo dedicado as configurações.
O mundo GTP agradece o seu comprometimento.
Abrç e obrigado
Brasil
Thank you, obrigado amigo, grande abraço.
@praino63 do you have a tune for the Audi TT yet and can you share a link in your description for your garage, having a hard time finding it. I had it locked in a while back but lost it. Thanks
Sorry i don´t have any for the moment. I just can tune on Brands Hatch Arcade because it´s impossible for me at the moment to enter PSN.... IP problems again (error WS-37397-9)
I will wait to be back online to do some tunes again with the cars i have.
@praiano63 it is bloody marvellous to see my favourite tuner back in action. Have you done any tuning in Assetto Corsa?
Thanks, yes i´ve tuned some cars for AC already but the PS4 game. I don´t think i´ll stick to this version of the game. I pretend to buy a computer to play only the PC version. I´m crazy to play GT sport full game when it will be released.I´m a GT fan forever ,this is and will be the only reason to still have a PS4.
Is there any place where I can download your setup spread sheet, if it isn't public? ( is that the right word, spread sheet? In Portuguese I would say "o teu Excel pra preencher a tabela é público? Onde baixo?").

I quite disagree about the Evora, I like the Cars appearance but I hate driving it. That car can't be trusted, it loves to betray me.
Hello , there is no place to download this excel spread sheet. For the beta version i can send it to anybody who want it. For this just send me a mail at praiano63@gmail.com .
Test my evora tune and tell me after what do you think about it ,i´m sure you´ll change your mind. It´s not the same car, this is the way i love to drive it and i can do 10 nordschleife laps smiling doing this.
Have a good day .

I'm using the Mitsubishi Lancer Evoution Final Edition '15. On the Nurburgring I've gotten my lap time down to 8:16.856. I know I can get my time lower but I'm having major issues with the oversteer in the car. I've tried everything I know in tuning for oversteer and I'm unsuccessful. Do anyone have any suggestions?

I'm using the Mitsubishi Lancer Evoution Final Edition '15. On the Nurburgring I've gotten my lap time down to 8:16.856. I know I can get my time lower but I'm having major issues with the oversteer in the car. I've tried everything I know in tuning for oversteer and I'm unsuccessful. Do anyone have any suggestions?
What are your current LSD settings?

I don't have the car, so not sure if that adjustment is AYS only, or if they have LSD settings for each diff?

If you want oversteer out, I would balance the rear to the front. The accel setting is going to be the main thing, I would try up around 40 on both to begin with, balance from there.

Maybe try something like 10/40/10 on each end, and then make small tweaks to dial in the behavior. Higher relative front accel will make the car more taily, higher relative rear will make it tighter.

The other things to try are to get rear ride height around even with front (not lower than front), you could potentially up your rear stabilizer relative to the front, and same with spring rates.

Basically, if you stiffen up the back end and/or soften the front end, it should help with balance.

Toe and camber are generally going to be finer adjustments here, but I would recommend zeroing out toe to begin with and tweaking the rear for the behavior you want. A small amount of + toe in the back might help you.

And camber is going to be more a matter of balance, but I think generally numbers in the rane of 1.0-2.0 on each end should be your starting points. Try 1 front and 2 rear, and vice versa, see which you like better. Which should help to balance the car as well.

I think the LSD and suspension settings are going to do more for you, I kind of listed this in what would be my priority order, based on what I have learned so far.

EDK
What are your current LSD settings?

I don't have the car, so not sure if that adjustment is AYS only, or if they have LSD settings for each diff?

If you want oversteer out, I would balance the rear to the front. The accel setting is going to be the main thing, I would try up around 40 on both to begin with, balance from there.

Maybe try something like 10/40/10 on each end, and then make small tweaks to dial in the behavior. Higher relative front accel will make the car more taily, higher relative rear will make it tighter.

The other things to try are to get rear ride height around even with front (not lower than front), you could potentially up your rear stabilizer relative to the front, and same with spring rates.

Basically, if you stiffen up the back end and/or soften the front end, it should help with balance.

Toe and camber are generally going to be finer adjustments here, but I would recommend zeroing out toe to begin with and tweaking the rear for the behavior you want. A small amount of + toe in the back might help you.

And camber is going to be more a matter of balance, but I think generally numbers in the rane of 1.0-2.0 on each end should be your starting points. Try 1 front and 2 rear, and vice versa, see which you like better. Which should help to balance the car as well.

I think the LSD and suspension settings are going to do more for you, I kind of listed this in what would be my priority order, based on what I have learned so far.

I'm using AYC control set now at 110. I will try using the LSD and lowering the rear even with the front. Hopefully that will do the trick.

I'm using AYC control set now at 110. I will try using the LSD and lowering the rear even with the front. Hopefully that will do the trick.
Play with the AYC if you want, before going to LSD.

I honestly don't recall how it affected the cars on GT6, and have not been able to mess with it on GT Sport, since I don't have a Lancer.

But try all the way up, all the way down, just to see what the adjustment does to the car behavior. Then use that knowledge to dial it in.

Might be AYC works OK, but as you have said, I would also try LSD.

AYC at 110 will make the car loose, lower it to either 57 or 70 first before trying the LSD route. AYC works well.

Use this for reference or if you are curious, try adapt it :

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...em-s2000-cizeta.294814/page-115#post-10696426

For the tune linked ( Ralliart Evo X )
Spring rate in lb/in would be front 600lb/in, rear 450 lb/in, ride height : front 3.35 in, rear 3.75 in.

Last edited:
I can´t enter PSN since 2 days because the WS-37387-9 error again and that´s why i´m stucked to arcade Brands hatch. I´m publishing all this in a row also because i don´t know if i will able to play after 1.14 , no offline session anymore it seems.... Anyway, i´m loading it and i´ll see if my problem resolve by itself.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
-Final gear maximum
-Top speed minimum
-Set each gear ratio
-Then final gear again

Have a good drive

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°

Group 4 cars
Chevrolet corvette c7 gr4 brands hatch.jpg

Nissan gtr gr4 BH.jpg

Group 3 cars
Audi r8 lms (ASTW) ´15.jpg

ferrari 458 italia gt3.jpg

renault sport rs01gt3 16 b hatch.jpg

Toyota FT-1 VGT (GR.3).jpg

Last edited:
@praiano63 Thanks. I like your tunes the best so I'll try these out if I get into the beta.

By the way I have assetto Corso on PS4, if you've done some tunes for that could you post them in the assetto Corso forum?

Latest Posts

Back