Camber angle: F 2.0 - R 1.5
Toe angle: F 0.05 - R 0.10
Brake balance: 5

Differential:
Initial Torque: F 5 - R 5
Acceleration Sensitivity: F 30 - R 20
Braking Sensitivity: F 5 - R 5

Transmission:
Leave Max Speed at 350, set Final Gear to 4.085 and then set each gear(I believe this is how I did it. You'll find out.)
1st: 3.135
2nd: 1.980
3rd: 1.460
4th: 1.155
5th: 0.953
6th: 0.778

Comment:
I did a decent time of 1:56.339, but I think with a few more laps I'd get it below 1:55. I'm not a pro racer, nor do I use a wheel at the moment, this time was set with a casual attitude. I think the tune is fun, uses all the gear ranges well, but has some understeering problems if you come in too fast. I was able to take the corners a lot faster than I thought though (without the tune / praiano's Brands Hatch tune I had to take the corners slower).

Test it out and give me your thoughts. I'm not pro at making tunes either, but I'm trying my best. Feedback is greatly apreciated so I can get better 👍

Glad you like it :cheers: yeah I came in too fast sometimes too on the last turn. :lol: that oversteer you speak of can be eliminated if you set Active Steering to Mild, I had to try it myself when others said it helped with the twitchy feeling of using controller. It actually helps :)
So you won't lose time in some way with this active steering?

So you won't lose time in some way with this active steering?
Never tested it too much to tell you, I'm afraid. It seems to make you faster because the rear end of the car stays more stable, but what would I know, didn't test it too much as I said :)

Never tested it too much to tell you, I'm afraid. It seems to make you faster because the rear end of the car stays more stable, but what would I know, didn't test it too much as I said :)
Okey! :)

Now, is there a setup for the genesis gr. 4 around dragon tail?

Attachments

• 20170417_094431.jpg
    20170417_094431.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 491
Thanks @praiano63 for Evora tune. Got the car other day, got around to driving it today at Willow Springs and feels like car is good enough to get current first position, not sure if others are sandbagging though. I struggle to nail the lap especially the last corner but at least managed to get into the 1:28's, also into top 4 and fastest with car and also in UK currently.

Bit annoying final corner though as I think I lost about couple of tenths on that compared to my previous fastest lap, would have made it quite close with the top 3 if I nailed it. Feels so good to drive using a DS4, enjoying challenge of trying to drive with controller. Can be quite consistent now in terms of pace with it. :)

Gran Turismo™Sport Closed Beta Test Version_20170417154504.jpg

Anyone with a decent Corvette C7 Gr.3 setup for Nurb? I feel like I need a better one.. 7:19 so far. Not good enough :nervous:

Anyone with a decent Corvette C7 Gr.3 setup for Nurb? I feel like I need a better one.. 7:19 so far. Not good enough :nervous:
I plan on working on that during the week. I have yet to tackle RWD tuning in earnest, so am going to start with that car.

I managed to set a 6:57 with it very close to stock, but am not happy with the stability. Going to work to fix that.

Will post in here when I have something I like, likely by tomorrow or Wednesday, as long as the event remains.

Nissan GT-R Gr.4 tune for Dragon Trail:

Suspension:

Ride height (mm): F 70 - R 80
Spring rate (kgf/mm): F 23.80 - R 23.30
Stabilizers: F 3 - R 4
Dampers (Compression): F 4 - R 6
Dampers (Rebound): F 3 - R 3
Camber angle: F 2.0 - R 1.5
Toe angle: F 0.05 - R 0.10
Brake balance: 5

Differential:
Initial Torque: F 5 - R 5
Acceleration Sensitivity: F 30 - R 20
Braking Sensitivity: F 5 - R 5

Transmission:
Leave Max Speed at 350, set Final Gear to 4.085 and then set each gear(I believe this is how I did it. You'll find out.)
1st: 3.135
2nd: 1.980
3rd: 1.460
4th: 1.155
5th: 0.953
6th: 0.778

Comment:
I did a decent time of 1:56.339, but I think with a few more laps I'd get it below 1:55. I'm not a pro racer, nor do I use a wheel at the moment, this time was set with a casual attitude. I think the tune is fun, uses all the gear ranges well, but has some understeering problems if you come in too fast. I was able to take the corners a lot faster than I thought though (without the tune / praiano's Brands Hatch tune I had to take the corners slower).

Test it out and give me your thoughts. I'm not pro at making tunes either, but I'm trying my best. Feedback is greatly apreciated so I can get better 👍

Glad you like it :cheers: yeah I came in too fast sometimes too on the last turn. :lol: that oversteer you speak of can be eliminated if you set Active Steering to Mild, I had to try it myself when others said it helped with the twitchy feeling of using controller. It actually helps :)

Tried your setup. While I felt safer, I couldn't manage to do faster lap. In fact, there's too much understeer, especially in the 4th corner (the fast right hander).

Still prefer the praiano's tune, sorry :D I hope you'll get it better next time maybe :cheers:

Mercedes AMG GT3 setup Nords

With this setup I get 7:0X
Setups is not my specialty so if anyone has some hints /tips?
I see on the top 10 leaderboard a <6:40 with the same Merc AMG. Hopefully @good_playerGTR34 and @majkl_1- are also on this GTP, read this post and are willing to share their setups? With the same setup I want to test if also this driver needs improvement (which is probably the case...)

Gran Turismo™Sport Besloten bèta - testversie_20170417143535.jpg
Gran Turismo™Sport Besloten bèta - testversie_20170417171546.jpg
Gran Turismo™Sport Besloten bèta - testversie_20170417171557.jpg

Tried your setup. While I felt safer, I couldn't manage to do faster lap. In fact, there's too much understeer, especially in the 4th corner (the fast right hander).

Still prefer the praiano's tune, sorry :D I hope you'll get it better next time maybe :cheers:
Yeah the understeer takes some time to get used to. :lol: If I think of the same fast right hander; you need to lay in exactly the right spot and turn at just the right time into the corner to be able to tackle it without lifting the throttle. It is doable :)
Appreciate the feedback though :) for me it works, but I need to put in more work so others (like you) can enjoy it too. :cheers:

Got a 1:28.316 on Willow with the Evora last night. Here's my setup for it. Hope it helps! :)

c Screenshot 2017-04-17 12-00-26.png
c Screenshot 2017-04-17 12-00-38.png

Forgot to take a screenshot of the LSD settings. They are 8/20/8

To get my gear ratios, reset to default, set final to max, then top speed to minimum and you should be able to match my values.

Got a 1:28.316 on Willow with the Evora last night. Here's my setup for it. Hope it helps! :)

View attachment 641754 View attachment 641755
Forgot to take a screenshot of the LSD settings. They are 8/20/8

To get my gear ratios, reset to default, set final to max, then top speed to minimum and you should be able to match my values.
The event is no longer showing up for me, would have liked to give it a go and see if I could come close to your time and feel difference between the tunes posted. Are you using DS4 or T300, how much more time do you think is left to find on track? 1:27's possible?

The event is no longer showing up for me, would have liked to give it a go and see if I could come close to your time and feel difference between the tunes posted. Are you using DS4 or T300, how much more time do you think is left to find on track? 1:27's possible?

Ah yeah I forgot about the European races already happening now. Would've done it earlier but sleep and school got the best of me :P

I used the T300 and I don't think 27 is possible quite yet, maybe 28.0. My DS4 triggers are broken so I'm not able to test it out sadly.

Ah yeah I forgot about the European races already happening now. Would've done it earlier but sleep and school got the best of me :P

I used the T300 and I don't think 27 is possible quite yet, maybe 28.0. My DS4 triggers are broken so I'm not able to test it out sadly.

goes so fast it breaks the triggers

Thanks @praiano63 for Evora tune. Got the car other day, got around to driving it today at Willow Springs and feels like car is good enough to get current first position, not sure if others are sandbagging though. I struggle to nail the lap especially the last corner but at least managed to get into the 1:28's, also into top 4 and fastest with car and also in UK currently.

Bit annoying final corner though as I think I lost about couple of tenths on that compared to my previous fastest lap, would have made it quite close with the top 3 if I nailed it. Feels so good to drive using a DS4, enjoying challenge of trying to drive with controller. Can be quite consistent now in terms of pace with it. :)

View attachment 641718
You´re welcome. I can´t play for the moment, still PSN error and also the baddest mosquito of south america catch me. I have the chikungunya, fever pain in the bones ....... very bad. I hope to get better soon.

You´re welcome. I can´t play for the moment, still PSN error and also the baddest mosquito of south america catch me. I have the chikungunya, fever pain in the bones ....... very bad. I hope to get better soon.
hope you get better soon :)

can anyone tell me why is it important to set final gear as low as possible and then set each gear? I tried setting final ratio as high as possible and couldn't see a lap time difference in my laps :confused:

hope you get better soon :)

can anyone tell me why is it important to set final gear as low as possible and then set each gear? I tried setting final ratio as high as possible and couldn't see a lap time difference in my laps :confused:

You set final all the way to the right, then max speed above the gears all the way to the left then adjust your gears and then the final so that on the longest straight you're right at the end of peak power for the last gear. It also helps with acceleration.

You set final all the way to the right, then max speed above the gears all the way to the left then adjust your gears and then the final so that on the longest straight you're right at the end of peak power for the last gear. It also helps with acceleration.
that you can do way easier... just set max speed for example 240 and then just adjust the final gear so that on the longest straight you're right at the end of peak power for the last gear... isn't that the same, just simplier?

that you can do way easier... just set max speed for example 240 and then just adjust the final gear so that on the longest straight you're right at the end of peak power for the last gear... isn't that the same, just simplier?

No idea. I've never done it that way. I just do what's above and make sure there's a nice even gap between gears and then Use the final to make sure I stay in the power band. But then again I have no idea what I'm doing.

It came back a few hours later, saw someone had done a 1:21 with an Evo though, not sure if glitch or the car has that much pace over the others but ruined any motivation to try and go for a top time. Still don't have any top leaderboard cars, wanted to give the Dragon Trail event a competitive go as I think I should be quite close to top on that but think due to RWD cars I have, always a few seconds off.
Wishing you a speedy recovery.

It came back a few hours later, saw someone had done a 1:21 with an Evo though, not sure if glitch or the car has that much pace over the others but ruined any motivation to try and go for a top time. Still don't have any top leaderboard cars, wanted to give the Dragon Trail event a competitive go as I think I should be quite close to top on that but think due to RWD cars I have, always a few seconds off.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

What's the car class for DragonTail? Wondering if it's worth turning the PS4 on when I get home from work.

IIRC need a Gr.4 GT-R to be competitive, traction advantage is huge. Probably change for US though to new events so maybe Gr.3 next.
I don't have the GT-R, but I have the Genesis and I have to be gentle with the throttle at the first chicane, the hairpin and last turn. I bet those with GT-R can just mash the gas pedal.

I don't have the GT-R, but I have the Genesis and I have to be gentle with the throttle at the first chicane, the hairpin and last turn. I bet those with GT-R can just mash the gas pedal.

Nope. Still slides out in 2nd and 3rd with the setup I use but it's controllable.

Back