Sharing your created track

Malta
Malta
TechnoIsLove
Hi guys,

This is my first ever post as I joined this forum as I have nobody to share my passion for GT. Have beaten all 4 previous games and loving GT5 even more đź‘Ť

I just created a track which I think will be fun to race maybe against 5 other cars. Have two questions though...

1 - How do you make it available online?
2 - How can you make it visible for others to see?

Appreciate the replies!

vvtli18

You can share it by selecting it in your tracks list and setting sharing to on. You can only share one track at a time. Sharing allows your friends to download the track and use it. Custom tracks do not have to be shared to use them online.

You can use it online by going to open lobby and opening a room at any track, then going into the track menu and changing to your custom track. It will be public and others will be able to see it.

You can share it by selecting it in your tracks list and setting sharing to on. You can only share one track at a time. Sharing allows your friends to download the track and use it. Custom tracks do not have to be shared to use them online.

You can use it online by going to open lobby and opening a room at any track, then going into the track menu and changing to your custom track. It will be public and others will be able to see it.

Thank you man! Will try it tonight

Well if anyone wants to add me as a friend, PSN ID is vvtli18

Got a bunch of friends but nobody plays GT5, only Black Ops...

As I've often complained, sharing is one of the aspects of this game that is still broken, and oddly it seems to be one that few GT5 players are interested in seeing fixed. If this worked like Forza 3, you could upload not just one but several tracks (FM3 doesn't have a Course Maker, of course, but this is if it worked like FM3) at the same time and people wouldn't need to friend-request you to view or download them. Instead, you would simply upload them for the entire six million GT5 owners to have access to without ever needing to even know that you personally exist and without needing to send you a single message or friend request.

Sadly, it doesn't work this way, so instead you have to advertise your track on a board, hope that a few people are interested, and exchange friend requests just for the sake of a couple people getting one of your tracks. It's far more of a chore and far more limited than it should be, but nobody seems to mind. I only hope that some day I can convince people to start standing behind me on this one.

Of course, this includes my gripe that we should also be able to share tuning setups and replays with the entire community, but so far can't even share those with our friends. Heck, we can't even share tuning setups with ourselves since we can't save those. But I digress....

I will add you to view your track and maybe catch you on it too to have a run around it. I have also got hooked on creating tracks and created a few but like you everyone else is on black opps and not bothered with playing on uploaded created courses.
Agree with above poster too that it would have been better to be able to just upload your course for anyone to use it without having to add your psn.

Can someone help please?

I've created my first track 'Desert Storm', but when I go to my track in my track lists, I press 'triangle' and the option to share with friends doesn't appear??

The only options I have are EDIT, FAVOURITES & DELETE.

Is there something else I need to do or another way of doing it??

I can access my track in free practice and also in my lounge online, but can't seem to find where I can switch on the share with friends option, can someone advise??

Many thanks
H

Maybe you weren't online at the time?

Were you using the course list on the gt life menu? Thats where you can set it to share.

It sounds like you were in the course maker menu, which i dont think has that option.

Cool, many thanks, yep, 100% right..

That was the first time I'd tried to create a track, never noticed that icon on GT Life menu before!

My track is now shared with friends - many thanks..
:D

As I've often complained, sharing is one of the aspects of this game that is still broken, and oddly it seems to be one that few GT5 players are interested in seeing fixed. If this worked like Forza 3, you could upload not just one but several tracks (FM3 doesn't have a Course Maker, of course, but this is if it worked like FM3) at the same time and people wouldn't need to friend-request you to view or download them. Instead, you would simply upload them for the entire six million GT5 owners to have access to without ever needing to even know that you personally exist and without needing to send you a single message or friend request.

Sadly, it doesn't work this way, so instead you have to advertise your track on a board, hope that a few people are interested, and exchange friend requests just for the sake of a couple people getting one of your tracks. It's far more of a chore and far more limited than it should be, but nobody seems to mind. I only hope that some day I can convince people to start standing behind me on this one.

Of course, this includes my gripe that we should also be able to share tuning setups and replays with the entire community, but so far can't even share those with our friends. Heck, we can't even share tuning setups with ourselves since we can't save those. But I digress....

Yep. Track ratings and rankings, track of the week etc etc, the possibilities are obvious. Although perhaps all it would do is draw attention to deficiencies of the Course Maker, and make it seem even more difficult to create something at all unique.

You guys should join us for our weekly track creator series if you want to run some races on your tracks and ours. You can see the details in the other thread.

quick question, can your friends view your lap times on your shared track?

i want to make a track and then have my friends try to beat my lap time. will they be able to see my lap time?

thanks

quick question, can your friends view your lap times on your shared track?

i want to make a track and then have my friends try to beat my lap time. will they be able to see my lap time?

thanks

No you just get the track, no stats come with them. You could post the time on your message board.

vvtli18
Thank you man! Will try it tonight

Well if anyone wants to add me as a friend, PSN ID is vvtli18

Got a bunch of friends but nobody plays GT5, only Black Ops...

I'm going to add you

Back