Shelby GT350 Super Lap: Willow Springs (Big Willow)

• Thread starter JogoAsobi
  • 59 comments

JogoAsobi

Premium
WS_SGT.jpg

Seasonal ^ image insert courtesy @GRANKUSTOM's GT6 Seasonal Events DATABASE thread.

Period of Availability: 04/23/2014 – 05/21/2014
Ratings Registration: 04/23/2014 – 05/07/2014

Times:

Bronze: 1:40:000
Silver: 1:34:000
Gold: 1:31:000

Prizes:
Bronze: Cr.15,000
Silver: Cr.23,000
Gold Cr.47,000 + GT GREY 010-N paint chip.

SRF is OPTIONAL in Driving Options menu. Tires: SH.
Brake Bias is set to 5/5, not adjustable via RA menu.

Car is supplied for event: Shelby GT 350 '65.
Tunes: Not Applicable to event. PP454/305HP/1270KG.

And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high.
Ayrton Senna
------------------------------------------------------

Big Willow Corner-by-Corner TT Instruction

There are a couple of turn-in landmarks (T9) that are not in GT6's Big Willow.
PD may have modeled the outer track periphery before mid-spring 2012. (11:50 mark)

Insane 5.0 Mustang Jump & Crash @ Willow Springs (Big Willow T8)

Running off the track at Big Willow can be potentially hazardous to your health...
...unlike GT6. :sly:

Last edited:
Does anyone else's track have like a Red glow to it? The lighting really seems to be messed up on this event. Spots where its really, really bright and then an annoying Red glow to parts of the track. :odd: Let me know please if this is the case for everyone or if its just me....what I'm seeing looks pretty bad.

I wouldn't say white but I drive from chase cam and my car was glowing :lol:. I turned it down to -3.

I wouldn't say white but I drive from chase cam and my car was glowing :lol:. I turned it down to -3.

Yea, forgot to say I'm using bumper cam. That slight Redish glow is what's bothersome to me though. The brights spots don't help either though. Its a shame as I like the car and the track doesn't bother me that much anymore....I have ran it so much in other events I know it as good as the back of my hand. They could have used Laguna Seca though, I love running muscle cars there. At any rate, another challenge set before us. Peace.

EDIT: Like I said in the other thread, even though I'm wrapped up in the Academy events, I'll still take the time to post a tune here for anyone that would like to try it out. Good luck everyone, stay fast.

Does anyone else's track have like a Red glow to it? The lighting really seems to be messed up on this event. Spots where its really, really bright and then an annoying Red glow to parts of the track. :odd: Let me know please if this is the case for everyone or if its just me....what I'm seeing looks pretty bad.

Didn't really notice it using bumper cam, though I am blind in one eye and can't see out the other :D

Did some laps with this one and managed to get in 11th position last i looked. Not one of my favourite combo's so i'm leaving it there. Gotta mention that i'm getting a strange green glow on the bonnet view and things moving about in the horizon. Not good on the eyes.

I just golded the seasonal and didn't see any red glow on the track. Only a light green glow around the car at some parts of the track. My Tv is really old and I dond't know if is normal or a TV issue...

Did some laps with this one and managed to get in 11th position last i looked. Not one of my favourite combo's so i'm leaving it there. Gotta mention that i'm getting a strange green glow on the bonnet view and things moving about in the horizon. Not good on the eyes.

Yea, I forgot to mention that too. I'm also experiencing the same thing. Strange and it is kinda distracting.

2nd lap gold. Car handled good compared to other cars from that era. Autum Ring seasonal causing my ps3 to shutdown. Anyone else?

I have to turn my brightness down to -0.8 for it to not look washed out and blurry!

I have to turn my brightness down to -0.8 for it to not look washed out and blurry!

Looks like its just not me then, which is good to know. Every other track seems fine, its just this particular event that seems to have some weird goings on. Another great job by PD. :rolleyes:

Looks perfectly fine to me! :)

Also what a nice car, haven't driven it before I believe. These newer time trials are oddly more fun.

Looks perfectly fine to me! :)

Also what a nice car, haven't driven it before I believe. These newer time trials are oddly more fun.

Well I know its not my TV because everything else looks perfectly fine, its just this event at this track.

The Shelby reflects a lot of light which could be something? Other then that it looks the same to me wherever else I go. (I also set the time to be the exact same)

Definitely up and around corners 3 and 4 there is some weird lighting reflecting on and around the car/track:

oU8ppy9.png

I had a green glow around left and right edges of hood when in roof cam view, otherwise track and scenery very bright and clear. Fairly easy gold, car seems better than GT5 versions.

Great car and very manageable, even on DS3 but it's like some weird pink sun is beaming down over Willow Springs at the time of the day of this seasonal.

Such pink. Much psychedelic. Wow.

Looks like its just not me then, which is good to know. Every other track seems fine, its just this particular event that seems to have some weird goings on. Another great job by PD. :rolleyes:

Its only occurs at the time of track between 10 am to 3 pm

Trying to lower my time. Does anyone have tips for turn 8 and 9? Are you on the gas than break to gas again or is there more on the gas to coasting? I can't seem to find a smooth rhythm and feel I'm loosing a lot of time here.

I have another question as well. When the wheels are screeching while turning, either coasting a turn or accelerating an braking in/out of turn, does that always mean "not optimal" driving? I understand there is going to be some skidding and screeching here and there but if you can make the same turn without screeching, is that fastest?

Thanks in advance

What I did for 8 and 9 is flat out through 8 and I got hard on the break towards the inside of the corner, then I kicked it down to 3rd to get it to rotate a bit with a little sliding. I aimed for the inside apex curb (try not to touch it though) and from there you should be safe. (Sorry about foggy details been a couple days)

there are a few turn I spun a tire purposely (2, 4 and 9). Turn 2 I went through with my right tire lit up the entire way but straighten out to stop the wheelspin as soon as you feel you can exit the corner. Turn 4 it was just a quick jab to rotate a bit tighter (as I kept flying off the track :lol:) and turn 9 for the reasons I stated. I try to stop the wheelspin asap when I see corner exit between turns 4 and 5 I shift up to forth and right after turn 5 as well.

I'm currently in the 50th-100th range I believe in position so if others are going faster with no wheel spin. I'd like to know as well.

Back