Shizukana Kaze - Chapter X - Left Behind - 16/8/12

• Thread starter Ryou
  • 406 comments
United States
United States
Shizukana Kaze (Silent Breeze), is about an 18 year old boy, Tsukiko Chikamatsu, a descendant of a Japanese renown rally driver, Kenji Chikamatsu. He must follow in his father's footsteps to become a legendary racer. It won't be that easy, though, considering he has school and much to handle with..

Table of Contents:

Prologue
Chapter I - That One Step
Chapter II - Father's Encouragement?
Chapter III - Night of Fate
Chapter IV - The Story of Aki and Aoi
Chapter V - A Peculiar Amendment of Change
Chapter VI - A Gift
Chapter VII - A White Christmas
Chapter VIII - Abandoned
Chapter IX - Removal
Chapter X - Left Behind.

----

Biographies

Prologue
Shizukana Kaze

"I don't want to be a rally driver like you! How many times must I explain this to you, dumbass?! Rally is crap!"

Those were my last words to him.. That day, the dark, rainy day.. Before the tragedy that occurred in my life. A truly horrendous tragedy..

December 11, 2009, 10 PM - Night of the Incident

"Reports say that a tragedy has occurred on the rally course at Hokkaido.", the anchorman said. "It appears that the legendary, world renown rally driver, Kenji Chikamatsu, has died in a terrible wreck. It occurred on the fourth corner. We have been told that Kenji's Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution slid out of control, hitting about 4 other vehicles, before heading into a guard rail, in which his car hit, and remained still. But it was not over. Another vehicle, which was a Subaru Impreza, had rammed into him. The driver of the Subaru was said to have no headlights on his car, causing poor view. Kenji's car was then sent through the guard rail, in which the car flipped, and caught fire. All the drivers were evacuated, and the fire department had begun to head there. This is supposedly all the news we have recieved on this. . . And now, back to the weather."
"Thank you Ken, now, before we.."
I sat there in dismay after what I just watched. My father.. He had just died, and I had everything said right there, right in front of me. I couldn't believe it, I hadn't even said a proper "Bye", or "Love you", to him. I felt really empty, alone, abandoned.. What am I going to do?.. How am I going to live?..
"🤬!", I shouted.

December 12, 2011, 6:30 AM

"Tsukiko! Wake up already! We have to get ready for school, damn it!"
"Ugh.", I replied.. "Can't we just skip?"
"You can't miss it! Get your lazy self off the bed and get dressed!"
"Fine..", I murmured.
It has been 2 years since my fathers fatal end. This is the day after the eleventh, though. And that person there.. That, I must say, is my friend, Kyoko. She's crazy. But since my fathers death, things have really changed. I didn't have a car, a house, or much money. I lived with Kyoko ever since my father passed away. She agreed to let me live with her, in her house. I do have some money though, as I have a part time job at the local store a few miles away.. And for years, I have planned on saving up for an automobile to follow in my fathers footsteps.. You see, driving has never been much of a huge concern of mine. I could really care less. Ever since my father died, I just can never stop thinking about automobiles.. It's quite crazy, honestly. I'm beginning to feel they're all I have left to think of him.
"Come on!", Kyoko yelled across the hallway.
"Coming!", I yelled as I grabbed my bag, and ran toward the door.

Prologue - End

-----------​

This is.. My last try at a Fan fiction. So.. What do you think? Promising, or, eh? Comments and criticism very much appreciated.

Last edited:
Looks pretty promising, I like it; I like it a lot, actually. I'm interested to see where this goes. Good job, man. 👍

I like it. Would be quite interesting of how this will go 👍

This is.. My last try at a Fan fiction. So.. What do you think? Promising, or, eh? Comments and criticism very much appreciated.

I have a similar problem for my fan fic..

I hope you don't abandon this story, it has potential.

Oh. I suppose more audience than what I thought out. Lovely. Arigatou. An actual chapter will be released sometime soon.

It has potential and is quite different from the others for the fact that the main character is going to do rally instead of circuit racing. Keep it coming!

Good!! Rally!!! :D Being the rallying lover I am I appreciate this, only if Mr. Chikamatsu didn't pop it on my birthday. :P Once again I would love to hear more. 👍

Chapter I - That One Step
Shizukana Kaze
冬

"Tsukiko-Kun, you're so lazy! You can't even run fast."
"But we.. Can walk.. C-Can't we?" I replied, panting. My forehead was covered in sweat. I don't know why, but Kyoko is so insane. She's very tomboyish and energetic. And I must say, she can be hard to live with sometimes..
"Idiot.", Kyoko said to me quickly.
"Shut up.", I replied with a bit of a false, angry attitude in a joking way (I guess).
Anyways, another usual, boring day at school it was. Of course, I am in the higher intelligent classes, and so is Kyoko, oddly enough I suppose. My intelligence was high since my father died, I guess. As I remember, things really began to drastically change in my life. I felt lonely, abandoned. Like I was left out there by my family to live alone. That, of course, is why I decided to move in with Kyoko. Afterward, I felt like I needed to do more. So out of boredom and despair, I had decided to enter school again, and I got to studying. I've learned a lot recently, and once I start racing, it will probably guide me well.
"Stop zoning out or whatever and hurry up! We need to get to class!", Kyoko shouted enthusiastically, with a tad of hot-headed anger.
"Coming!", I yelled. I ran toward the entrance of the School-building. Once inside I put my things away in my locker, and ran to the classroom with all I needed. All in a quite quick flash, I guess.

1:10 PM - Lunch Time

"Ah, lunch time. I time I can enjoy peace and quiet".
I could always enjoy lunch time. I would just sit up there, alone, on top of the school building. Not like anyone cares. I just like feeling the cold breeze. Also watching the cars and people pass by, down there below me.
"I'm here!", Kyoko shouted.
"You're not supposed to be here.. You never even knew I come here to eat.. How did you.. Just now.. Ah, whatever."
There was a brief silence, everything felt quiet, oddly enough.
"So, how are you?", she asked.
"I'm fine.. I've just been thinking.."
"That you're missing something?"
"Yeah.. How did you know?"
"Look, Tsukiko-Kun, you're easily simple to understand. The way you always are. You always seem desperate and sad. Really, what's bothering you?"
"And why do you care so much?"
"I just want to know!"
"Haha, okay. Come over here, take a seat."
I patted the ground right beside me, and Kyoko walked over, then sat down.
"Okay, so what did you want to tell me?", she asked.
"You see those down there?", I asked.
"Yes, of course.. Automobiles.. But what does that have to do with..". She paused for a moment. "Oh. I see.. Tsukiko-Kun, you know, everything isn't lost."
"Of course I know.", I said, letting out a chuckle as I slightly bumped her. "I've just been thinking over the past two years. I've been saving up my money, and I've gotten so close.. But do you really think my father would want me to follow his footsteps."
"He was always telling you he wanted to, duh!"
"Oh right. Yeah, I remember.."
"Tsukiko-Kun, I didn't mean to.."
She realized that she had hurt me in one way, remembrance. Thus, the rest of lunch was just us staring down at the roads/sidewalks, with a cold breeze passing by.. Honestly, this was a quite dreary moment.

4:30 - Departure from school

"Alright," I said. "I'll see you once I get home! I have to head to the market now!"
"Okay!", she replied to me. "Go make some money."
"Yes."
Ah yes, my daily, after-school part-time job at the "Food Stop" market. Quite a stupid name, I know. It's a fairly good job, though. My payment is about 1500 yen a day, so I don't really mind. It's a good enough payment. And it is quite a long walk from here to there.. It's bothersome sometimes, but eh..

5:15 - "Food Stop"

"Hey! Tsukiko!", John said to me.
"Huh?", I said, as I put down my coat, and got behind the cash register. I'm a Cashier, of course.. It was a simple job!.. I just wanted money.. And that guy, he's John. He's the manager of this market (surprise?). Him and his family moved here from Britain, according to him.. And he even uses British wording in the Japanese langauge, which didn't sound quite well..
"Bloody hell, where have you been?", he asked.
"I'm sorry I was late, sir. It's really cold outside, you know.."
"Yes, but I expect better timing!"
"I'm sorry. I promise it won't happen again."
This always happened between me and John, but it seems he forgets we always have them. I sometimes sit and wonder what goes on in his mind.
"Okay.. Now get to work!", he said. "We can't keep customers waiting."
"Yes sir."
Being a cashier was a tad boring, I admit. Actually, very. All I had was customers to look at, and a Grocery Bagger to talk to. Aki. Aki was a bit like your average teenage boy. Calm, sometimes playful, talkative, and loves things like Sports and Cars. He wasn't here at the market today, as it seems. But maybe my timing is off, we'll see..
Then I zoned out, for I don't know, 10 minutes?
"Sir", a lady said, standing right in front of the counter, waiting for me to scan her items.
"Oh, sorry.", I replied. I began bagging items, but then I just remembered.. I didn't have a bagger. I actually had a small spaz panic for a moment, but when I looked to my left, Aki was right there, staring at me with a straight face. I mouthed "Oh" to him. After a minute or two of scanning and bagging items, the lady was gone.
"So.. Aki..", I said.
"Eh?", he asked.
"How was your day at school?"
"Oh, fine, yeah.
"Ah. I see.. How's your Nissan?"
"Oh, it's lovely he said. She's still running well."
"Nice to know. What model is it?"
"It's an S15."
"Ah, and that is?", I asked.
Aki face-palmed himself, and from my experiences, I knew that meant they were mocking you.
"Never mind", I said.
"And when do you plan on getting your car, Tsukiko-San?"
"E-Eh?", I stuttered. I felt a bit odd at the moment, considering the fact I had remembered.. That incident.. "I-I plan on getting it soon."
"Ah. Which model?"
"I don't know. But anything lower than 1 million and 500 thousand yen is what I'm looking for."
"Ah, cool."
A man had come up, and of course I had to scan his items.
"Don't you play on a baseball team for your school, Aki?", I asked, as I scanned the items.
"Yeah, why?"
"How have your games been lately?"
"We don't play much in the Winter time.. Our team is crap, though. All they ever do is slack off and text to their snobby girlfriends. Fat bastards.."
"Ah, I see. Well, I hope you get a better team."
"In my dreams! In my dreams..", he said, and let out a faint chuckle.
I finished scanning the mans items by then, and I pushed them all to the side.
"Here, bag these, 'Bagger Boy'.", I said.
"I told you not to call me that, dumbass!"
"Oh? C'mon, just bag them."
"Ugh, I know I have to. Just stop calling me that, got it?"
"I can't make any promises.."
A few moments passed, the man grabbed his items, and walked away.
"So,", I said. "What do you plan on doing when you get home."
"Home? I would rather go for an hour-long drive before I head back home."
"You do that..", I replied.
"Shut up. Then once I get home, I will probably get on Gran Turismo 5 and go online in my X2011."
"Noob.."
"What was that?"
"Nothing.."
"That's what I thought."
"What exactly is so fun about driving anyway?", I asked.
"What.. Wha-.. What exactly?!". He froze in an awkward position, his mouth looking like he just saw 3 ghosts looking through his secret stash of magazines hidden under his lamp. (Don't ask how I know). But, as I should say in this case, it looked like he wanted to slap me in the face, then run off yelling with laughter.
"Idiot!", he said. "You don't know?! Gahhhhhh!!!"
"Hey, calm down. You'll scare the kids."
"But you!.. But!.. But you don't know!"
"You're crazy."
"IDIOT! I am not!"
"Just tell me what's so fun about driving already.."
"You'll have to find that out by yourself, no-life loser.."
"Hey..", I said, as I bumped him, and let out a friendly laugh.
"Ugh.. Today is so exhausting.". he said, and let a yawn.
"Yeah, it is."
I think we almost ran out of things to sat, because the last 2 and a half hours of my job were quite quiet. Just scanning and bagging. Things like Eggs, Milk, Butter, Rice, Chicken, Fish, Sushi, Ramen, you name it. And Aki didn't look too happy either when bagging.
"So.. Only 10 minutes left of our shift, then we're off for the day.", I said.
"Yeah."
"Going to go get your prissy self on your PS3 and drive your noobmobile whilst shouting "You idiot!" down your microphone?"
"Noooooooo..."
"Okay then.."
"Idiot.."
"Hey.."
"What exactly is an X2011 anyway? I heard it's a noob car, but what?"
"What?!.. Wha-!?.. WHAT DO YOU MEAN WHAT IS AN X2011?!!!"
"Here we go again.."
"GAHHHHH! IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT!!!"
"I think you're scaring everyone now.."
"Ughhhh!!!"
"I think you're even more hot-headed than Kyoko-Chan! Wow!"
"🤬 asshole."
"Wow, watch your language.."
"OH. MY. GOD!"
"Okay then," I said, realizing my shift was over, so while Aki was sitting there being his spazzy, hot-headed self, I ran out of the market, and began my way home.

8:26 PM - Home

"Kyoko-Chan, I'm back from the market!", I said. I swear every-time I say that I sound like her husband..
"Tsukiko-Kun! Hurry, quick! Put your coat back on and follow me!", she yelled, running out the door.
"Ugh.. This better not be one of her 'Strange Object Sightings' again."So I followed her around the place, blah blah. She then stopped as at a bridge, and covered my eyes.
"Umm..", I said. "Kyoko-Chan, what exactly is this?"
"Shh", she replied.
I noticed she was trying to get us to walk forward whilst she kept her hands over my eyes, so I kept with her pace.
"Look.", she told me, and she took her hands off my eyes. And what I saw before me was something great. Something beautiful. I had no idea what it was, but I loved it immediately. It looked, wonderful..
"Happy Early Birthday.", She said.
kyotogion9y.jpg

"Oh my.. It's beautiful.", I told her.
"Yeah. I know how badly you wanted a car, so I decided to get you one. After all you've done for me, you deserve it."
"All the things you forced me to do.", I murmured.
"What was that?"
"Nothing. But thank you so much, Kyoko-Chan!", I said, then walked over to her. I gave her a hug, and she began to blush.
"Hey.. Tsukiko-Kun..", She said to me.
"Can I look inside?!" I asked, and I think I interrupted, but I couldn't bother at the moment.
"Yeah, sure. It's your car.", She said to me, then smiled.
lucernechapelbridge1e.jpg

"Wow Kyoko-Chan.. This is..
lucernechapelbridge2.jpg

Beautiful"
"Yeah, it is. And it was quite cheap too. Right at your price level."
"And you didn't mind paying for it."
"Nope. But this is my birthday gift to you.", She said, and stuck her tongue out at me.
"Ah. What model is this. I know it's Nissan, but what?", I asked.
"Nissan GT-R Spec V R33"
"Wow, that's a nice name. I've heard about them from Aki-San before, they're quite nice."
"They seem like it!", Kyoko said to me.
"But do you think this could handle Rally?"
"Hmm.. I don't know, but we'll just see. As the Wise Chinese man said, 'A journey of a million miles begins with one small step.'.. This is That One Step"
"You're correct.", I said. "Well, this means new beginnings, doesn't it? My journey starts here, and it's all thanks to you."
Kyoko blushed after I said that.
"Now let's head inside, and have some of your delicious Yakisoba.", I said, a smile on my face for an actual reason.
"Yeah!", she said.
And we both headed indoors to enjoy a nice meal.

To Be Continued. . .​

Last edited:
Whoa, Tsukiko has an awesome friend. :D

Well, maybe there could have been more photography, but then I would have to rush the story 2X as fast, maybe 3X.

I am currently creating a new chapter. Please expect a release Wednesday, or Thursday. Arigato.

Edit - Should be released today for the reason there was a delay. The delay was due to a replay malfunction.

Edit - Delayed due to the fact of illness.

Last edited:
Chapter II - Father's Encouragement?
Shizukana Kaze
冬

"Well, Chikamatsu Tsukiko, it's time you finally met your death.", A strange man snickered a few feet away from me.
I was standing there, in an audience. I wasn't myself, I don't know who I was, to be exact. Maybe Kyoko, or Aki? Though in the distance I could see a Matte Gray Nissan, mine. And from the looks, I was in the lead. I was driving with such incredible speed, but that wasn't amusing me. This man, just a few feet away from me, was planning on doing something to Tsukiko. I had to stop him, but I couldn't move any part of this person's body. What was this? I can hear and see, but I can't control the person I am? It was then only a matter of seconds before I realized what was going to occur this sadistic moment.
"Eliminate.". The man said.
And the next thing I noticed, a Pitch black Subaru hits Tsukiko's Nissan straight in the rear. I saw his troubled face as he struggled to get the car in control, but it just.. Spun. He hit the guardrail right in front of me. The person I was backed up. And I felt the despair/hatred they felt. And the next thing I know.. The Nissan caught on fire. And then this person I was in screamed, "Tsukiko!!", and began to run over to the car. Officials wouldn't allow this person to do that, though. And the next thing I realized.. The man who ended Tsukiko's life.. Soyoki Makiato.

I woke up to a frightened start. What was that I just felt? Why was I someone else? And why did the man who 'accidentally' ended my fathers life, end mine? All those questions I were too afraid to answer. It's not normal I get nightmares, tad freaky. I lifted my body up from the bed and turned to my right. Kyoko, on her bed a few feet away from mine, was still asleep, cuddling with a stuffed animal. I stared at the clock for a quick moment, it said 2:35 AM.
"Great, up 4 hours early.", I said quietly.
I walked over to the balcony doors, and slid them open. It was a cold, tad dreary experience outside. I sat there, staring at the ground, the glowing lights of Kyoto illuminating the sky just a bit. Then, the next thing I know, a small flurry of snow fell on my nose.
"Snow..", I thought.
I had remembered what my father told me.. 7 years ago, when I was just 11, my mother was stabbed to death, and I was going through a hard time.
Not every day has it's sunshine, Tsukiko. The light will not always reach you. But in other prefectures, it may be shining. Just search those factions, Tsukiko. Maybe you might even find snow!
That quote has been a part of my life, even though it's quite small.
"Father, you were sad too, weren't you? Are you feeling the troubles in life I am?", I said.
More snow flurries fell to the ground, and only in a matter of time, snow drops. A tear fell from my eye, if I could only tell one thing to my father, just one..

6:40 AM - Wake Up

"Tsukiko-Kun.. Wake up.."
"Tsukiko-Kun!!! Wake up, idiot!"
I jumped out from under my covers.
"Kyoko-Chan..", I said, scratching my head, "That's not the right way to wake someone. You could of just shaked me.."
"Shake you? Why would I do that?"
"To be friendly?"
"Well I would probably shake you until you awoke, but you're too lazy."
"Hey.."
"Well, come on! We're going to be late!"
"Fine, fine."
I got out of bed and stretched. Kyoko had left the room to change, and I was in the room alone. After getting changed, I opened the doors to the balcony to see if it was snowing still.. It was.
"Tsukiko!", Kyoko busted into the room, yelling, "It's snowing!"
"Huh? Yeah, I know."
"I absolutely love snow!", Kyoko replied.
"It seems like it."
"Come on! Hurry! I want to walk in the snow on the way to school!"
"Okay, okay."
She couldn't wait any longer. She just walked over, grabbed my hand, and dragged me out with her.
"Wait! I forgot my-"
"No time!"
"Ugh.."
We were out the front door in seconds, after Kyoko grabbed her coat and scarf, and I got my coat, of course. She was like this last December. And worse (Can it be best?) of all, I think she's gaining an affection for me.
"Wow, Tsukiko-Kun. It's nice out here."
"Um. Yeah."
"It's not everyday you get an experience like this."
"You are right."
"It's been quite a mild Winter recently, it's nice to get this."
"Yeah.", I replied, gloomy.
"What's wrong, Tsukiko-Kun?"
"Nothing, why do you ask?"
"You seem sad."
"Really, it's nothing.."
"Well, whatever floats your boat. Hey, race you to school!"
"Hey!", I said.
I ran after her, it's not everyday I can be a child again. I was practically a young adult, but the feeling isn't as nostalgic. Growing older may be something many kids desire, but for me, I just didn't feel the vibe, I guess.
A few minutes later, Kyoko and I stopped running as we became tired.
"Wow, that was a lot of running. You're actually not that bad, Tsukiko-Kun.", Kyoko said to me.
"But just yesterday.. You said.. Gah, forget it."
"Hahaha."
"So, Kyoko-Chan..", I asked, "May I ask you something?"
"Sure. What is it?"
"Rally.. Do you think I could really do it?"
"Well, sure. Anything is possible, right?"
"Yeah, but.. Where should I start? I'm a novice.."
Just then, Kyoko got a look on her face, a look of remembering something, or excitement. I hope it's excitement.
"I just remembered.. I read in the Article yesterday that there's a Novice Rally Event going on tomorrow around Mt. Zao."
"Mount Zao? But that's about 500 miles away!"
Mount Zao was one of Japan's most famous Mountains. It was a cold place during the winter, and even had a Ski Resort. It was also famous for rally racers. My father had taken me once when I was 13.
"Yeah, but if we leave around 5:30 PM after-school, we can get to Yamagachi Prefecture at about 4 AM."
"You are right.. I'll think about it. Meet me at lunch and we can speak about it, okay?"
"Okay!"
We reached the school building at this time, Kyoko went on with her other female friends, as I just did the usual. Put my things in my locker, head to class, and get through work. It's a simple enough schedule.

1:06 PM - Lunch (I have a chat with Kyoko)

"Over here, Kyoko-Chan.", I said.
"Oh, okay."
She took a seat near me, and began eating.
"So, about Zao..", I said. "We're leaving around 5:30?"
"Yes."
"So I have to skip work?"
"Yes you must."
"Sure, I'll call John right now."
I reached in my pocket, and remembered I lost my phone 2 months ago.
"Gahhh.. Kyoko, do you have your phone with you?", I asked.
"Yeah, sure. Do you need to borrow it?"
"Yes, I do."
"Okay, here you go."
She handed it to me. It was bright pink, typical for a girl? Whatever.
I dialed John's number in, and he should be there. The shop opened 3 hours ago.
"Hello, Food Stop, how may I help you?", John said into the phone.
"Hello John, it's me, Tsukiko."
"You sure? That's not your Caller ID."
"It's me, idiot."
"Okay, okay."
"Anyways.. I won't be able to make it to work today."
"Why not?", he asked, a tad of a temper.
"I have a race to attend tomorrow morning. It's important. Please, may I take the day off?"
"Ugh.. You know what, chap? Take the rest of the week off. I'll have your mate Aki do the bagging and cashiering. He's been quite a lazy bum lately, I suppose I could get him to do more."
"Ahaha. Thank you, sir. Bye."
I hung up the phone, and handed it back to Kyoko.
"All set. But now, what about luggage? We are going to stay at a hotel, right?"
"Yeah, of course."
"Okay, but luggage? Will we even have the time to pack after school?"
"Of course! If you're fast enough."
"Okay, okay.", I said.
"But what should we pack?", I asked.
"Anything you want. I prefer clothing. Just clothing."
"Okay.", I said.
"And I will too.", Kyoko said to me.
"Ooh, what specifically?", I had said, joking around, a slight smile on my face.
"Stop it, pervert!"
"Haha, okay."

4:26 PM - Departure From School (Let's begin the trip)

"Okay, ready to go?", Kyoko asked.
"Yeah, sure. Ugh.. Mathematics bored me today.."
"Enough with the school talk, I'm over school.", She said.
"Fine.", I said.
"Let's run home."
"No. No. Not that again. Besides, it's cold, and still snowing."
"And why do I care? We can't sweat as easily!"
"Yeah but.."
She picked up a clump of snow, formed a snowball, and threw it at me.
"What was that for?!"
"Head start!", She said, and ran away.
"Kyoko-Chan!", I shouted, and ran after her.

5:08 PM - Home

Don't call me an idiot, but Kyoko is a fast runner. Are all females fast? I could never even bother..
"Haha, I won. And two minutes early!", She said to me.
"Because you're lighter."
"That could be so.", She replied. "Anyways, let's go pack, quick. We must get moving!"
"Fine."
I went upstairs and packed all I needed. Simple as that. In a matter of seconds, I was standing outside, waiting for Kyoko. What was taking her so long? It's already been about 14 minutes. Come on..
"I'm done!", She said to me, coming outside 6 minutes later.
"Ugh. Finally, that took you forever. Come on, get in the car."
We both got in the car, and I was just about to ignite the engine when Kyoko stopped me.
"Wait. Have you ever learned how to use a manual?"
"No. I haven't."
"Idiot.. Ugh.. You see that thing to your left? Near the seat?"
"That thing with the numbers and lines?"
"Yes.. Put that into Neutral and press down on the clutch."
"Clutch?"
"The small pedal. The smallest one."
"Oh.."
"Now you may ignite the engine."
I put in the key, and started up the engine. It was a marvelous sound, I must say.
"Now..", Kyoko said, "Whenever you want to shift, press down the clutch, and move that stick thing in the direction where the numbers are, okay?"
"Got it."
"Alright, let's go!", She shouted. And off the two of us went. On a fairly long trip.. To Zao.

8:43 PM - [!] In-between Moment
(It has an importance varying on later chapters)
Kyoko was fast asleep. That look on her face.. Gahh, why must I admit this? She looked quite adorable, actually. I must be going insane lately. Me and Kyoko as lovers? Preposterous. But, that poor girl.. If she loved me, could she be badly hurt by me denying her?
"Gahhh! This is so complicated!", I accidentally yelled.
"T-Ts-Tsukiko-Kun? What was that?", Kyoko asked.
"Nothing, Kyoko-Chan. I didn't mean to do that, I'm sorry."
"Okay.. Can we stop at a Rest Area, please?"
"Sure, there's one nearby."
In a matter of moments, I had arrived at the rest stop.
"I have to use the restroom, badly.", Kyoko said, and ran away from my car.
"I guess I'll go get something to drink.."
I got out of the car, and walked over to the vending area. I got myself a cold coffee, because I needed to stay awake. It took a few more moments until Kyoko got back into the car, and we began to drive again.
"Kyoko I..", I said. But she was asleep before I knew it, and I guess it was best to leave it that way.

2:30 AM - [!] The Call

"Hello, you have Tsukiko on the line."
"Hey! Tsukiko! You son of a bitch!", Aki yelled into the phone.
"Jeez, I never knew my mom was a female dog.."
"Shut the hell up! You gave me so much work to do yesterday!"
"Why are you even up this early, Aki-San?"
"No! That's my question to you!"
"Oh, I'm with Kyoko-Chan. We're.."
"With Kyoko?! What have you been doing?! You dirty bastard!"
"I'm not doing what you think I would have done.. We're heading to Zao, for a Novice Rally Racing event."
"Idiot. Why do you get to do that?"
"Because.."
I then hung up the phone, I really have had enough of Aki's nonsense for the night. Besides, he cold have woken Kyoko.

5:20 - Arrival at the Hotel

"Alright Kyoko-Chan, we're here.", I told her.
"W-Where?"
"The hotel."
"But I'm not tired."
"Well I am. I'll go check us in, okay?"
"Whatever.."
I walked in the hotel, fairly nice place.
"Hello sir, I would like a cheap, well hotel room please.", I asked.
"Here you go. That will be 4900 Yen."
I handed the Yen to him, he handed me the room key. Simple. I walked back over to the car, Kyoko got out, we grabbed our luggage, headed into the hotel, got in the elevator, then went to our floor. Floor 4. We then went to our room, and I prepared to go to sleep.
"Alright Kyoko-Chan, I'm going to sleep. If you're not tired, do whatever you like. Just.. Don't mess with me please."
"Okay. Good night."
I dozed off, and prepared for the upcoming event that starts everything.

10:23 AM - Hurry Up

"Wake up, Tsukiko!", Kyoko yelled to me.
"Eh?"
"We're going to be late! Hurry up!"
"Oh, right, the race."
The race starts at 11:40. We did have to hurry. I got dressed, and by the time I was done, Kyoko was too. We both headed downstairs around 10:35 and got some breakfast from the Morning Cafe/Buffet. And by the time we left, the clock was at 11:07.

11:38 AM - Preparation

"Okay, you're all set, Mr. Chikamatsu.", Kyoko said to me.
"Don't call me that."
She stuck her tongue out at me and winked. She loves to joke around.
"Hey.", She said. "Do you think I can ride beside you in the race? As a passenger?"
"I don't know."
"I don't think they'll care."
"Okay."
We both got in the car, preparing for something new.

11:40 AM - The Race Begins

Race Line-Up:

1. Nissan GT-R Nurburgring Spec II (R34)
2. Nissan GT-R Spec V (R34)
3. Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI
4. Nissan GT-R Spec V (R33)

chamonixmainn.jpg

"Okay, Tsukiko-Kun. Are you ready?", Kyoko asked me.
"Yes, I am."
"Alright! Now when we pass that line up there, we step on the throttle, okay?"
"Sure."
"Good!"

chamonixmain1.jpg

chamonixmain2.jpg

"And off we go!", Kyoko yelled.
"Yes. Here we go!"

chamonixmain3.jpg

"Why is everyone getting so far? Why is my car going so slow? I remembered to get petrol, but I'm going so slow!"
"Idiot!", Kyoko yelled. "You're forgetting to shift."
"Oh.. Right.. Haha"

chamonixmain4.jpg

"Good, I've managed to pick up speed now, Kyoko."
"Good."
"Now I'm going to catch up and take on the rest."
I pressed down the throttle farther, and headed toward the first, fairly large corner.

chamonixmain5.jpg

I was heading around the corner with a fairly nice speed, but then the tires began to spin.
"Damn it."
"Press the brake, idiot!"
"Okay, okay."

chamonixmain6.jpg

I quickly steered myself into the right direction. It's not actually much of a difficult challenge.
"Oh cool, look. A straight.", I said to Kyoko.
"You don't say."
"This should be fairly fun."
I pushed down the throttle.

chamonixmain7.jpg

I released the throttle and pressed the brake once we reached the end corner.
"Hey Kyoko-Chan, how do you know so much about racing?", I asked her.
I am taking the corner quite nicely right now, to be honest.
"I don't know anything about racing, I've just driven before!"
"Oh, right."
"Hey! Watch the corner!"
"I am!"
"You are.. Well then, that's a fairly good turn."

chamonixmain8.jpg

"They're up ahead, on the next corner.", I said.
"You can catch them!"
"I don't know if I can.."

chamonixmain9.jpg

This was what they call a Chicane, I believe. I took the first turn well, scratched a few seconds off my distance from them. But the next corner went a bit iffy.
"Careful of Oversteer.", Kyoko told me.
"Oversteer? Is that what's causing my car to slide?"
"Yes."
"Damn it."
"You can still maintain the corner, just keep sliding without spinning out."
"Got it."

chamonixmain10.jpg

I exited the corner cleanly, and thoroughly. It was good to get out of a possible spin. I wonder how that looked to the crowd.
"Wow Tsukiko-Kun.. That was good.", Kyoko said.
"Are you blushing?"
"No!", She replied, and turned her face to the window.
Oh Kyoko..
"Hey,", I said. "I see the Mitsubishi going around the next corner."
"Well, try and overtake him."
"Sure."

chamonixmain11.jpg

I pushed on the throttle a bit more, and switched to the next gear. I needed to overtake him. I wanted to.
"Tsukiko-Kun! There's a corner ahead! Don't speed up!", Kyoko told me.
"Crap."
I slowed down, desperate to get things working. It worked out, but I got near the guardrail. A bit too much near it.
"Careful!", Kyoko yelled.

chamonixmain12.jpg

I slammed the brake, slowing down the car to ensure I'm safe. The Mitsubishi had left, though. It had left me. I was now going to lower the distance between it and I.. Again.

chamonixmain13.jpg

"I will close the gap.", I said.
"Are you sure?"
"Yes, I will."

chamonixmain14.jpg

"Here comes the next corner.", Kyoko told me.
"Thank you."
I let off the throttle, touched the brake a tad, and shifted down. I pressed the throttle again, and it may have been a bit to early. My car began to slide, again.

chamonixmain15.jpg

I tried and maintained the slide throughout the corner, though the exit was a tad incorrect. I began to slide to the other direction. I had to let off the throttle and quickly press the brake to avoid collision.
"Tsukiko-Kun.."

chamonixmain16.jpg

Everything went fine, and then came another straight. A large straight.
"Alright. Here's a large straight, Kyoko-Chan."

chamonixmain17.jpg

"Okay, Tsukiko-Kun. Be cautious. You don't know what's up ahead after this straight.."
But I pressed down on the throttle. Regardless.

chamonixmain18.jpg

"Watch out!", Kyoko yelled
I was driving so fast behind the snowy dust the other cars left behind that I could barely see the right bank ahead of me.
"Crap!"
I quickly slammed the breaks and down shifted. I handled the right bank fine, but I didn't notice the left hairpin ahead until a few seconds later.
"Okay! I'll take this correctly."

chamonixmain19.jpg

I drove straight ahead and I came to another corner. This one had some lump in the middle, so I drove onto that.
"Is that even allowed?", Kyoko asked.
"I don't know! But it's fun."

chamonixmain20.jpg

"I see them! We're catching up!", I squealed. Which is actually quite odd, I usually never squeal.
"I see that, Tsukiko-Kun. Keep it up!"

chamonixmain21.jpg

"Alright, let's get off this thing.", I said.

chamonixmain22.jpg

"The next corner ahead looks tricky, but I believe I can handle it."
"Yeah! Catch up to them!"

chamonixmain23.jpg

I pressed the brakes, and slowly pressed the throttle throughout the next corner. But I believe I pushed the throttle too much. My car began to spin at the end of the corner.
"This can't be good."
"Tsukiko-Kun.."

chamonixmain24.jpg

It was kind of too late, sadly.
"Damn it!", I yelled. I had ruined the corner. I spun out. The thought of speed won. It got ahead of me.

chamonixmain25.jpg

"Tsukiko-Kun.."
"This won't happen! It can't!"
I immediately pressed down the throttle, and steered back to the straightaway.
"I want.. To show them.."

chamonixmain26.jpg

I increased the speed, I felt the tension rising.. Rising inside my mind.

chamonixmain27.jpg

I drove on, faster as I went.
"Tsukiko-Kun.. You passed the line, we're on the second run. This is the last try."
"Alright. Then let's try it!"

chamonixmain28.jpg

I went through the next corners swiftly, and accurately. Maintaining a high speed. I wasn't going to let the other competitors just leave me.
"Alright Tsukiko-Kun, remember. Be careful on this corner."
"I know, Kyoko."

chamonixmain29.jpg

I did what Kyoko said, be careful. I did everything correctly as I needed. Except for when I drove to fast on the corner. Speed had gotten ahead of me, once again. I spun, the rear of my car slightly hitting the guard rail.

chamonixmain30.jpg

"No.. No.."
"Tsukiko-Kun?"
"This will not happen.."
"Umm.. Tsukikoo-Kunnn?"

chamonixmain31.jpg

What will you do when lightning strikes in a blizzard, straight in front of you? The unknown always shall remain unexpected. But what you should expect, is your plan.
"I will.. I will win this race! For my father encourages the very depths of my racing bloodline.."

chamonixmain32.jpg

"I am.. Chikamatsu."
I reversed the car, and began to press the throttle. Nothing was going to stop me here.

chamonixmain33.jpg

"Wow Tsukiko-Kun.. I see you really meant it."
"Of course I did, Kyoko-Chan. Now hold on."

chamonixmain34.jpg

I pressed the throttle, and reached gear 5 by the time I reached the next corner.
"Kyoko-Chan! Hold on!"
I brought the car into a sliding form, and slid through the corner.

chamonixmain35.jpg

But maybe I slid a bit to far, because my car spun again.
"Damn it!"
"Tsukiko-Kun, it's okay."
"I know.. I'm not giving up. Not now."

chamonixmain36.jpg

"Let's get back to this! The competitors aren't that far! I know they aren't.."
"You can do it, Tsukiko-Kun."

chamonixmain37.jpg

After that last mistake, I really felt it would actually be my last. As the tension rose, so did my tendency to not make a mistake. I was going all-out by this point, trying my hardest not to screw up.

chamonixmain38.jpg

"Alright Tsukiko-Kun! Go for it!"
"Yes! I will!"

chamonixmain39.jpg

I pressed the throttle even more, a desperate/competitive look on my face. I will not lose. My car was going quite faster now, as I could see the rising snow from behind.

chamonixmain40.jpg

And before I knew it, I was going the fastest I've gone in this race.

chamonixmain41.jpg

"Wow Tsukiko! The car feels so fast!"
"Good, and it'll stay this way."
The speed was improving quite drastically. I enjoyed the feeling, maybe this is why my father loved the sport.

chamonixmain42.jpg

I noticed the corner up ahead, a small bank. But I would still have to slow down, of course. I was going too fast. I slammed the brakes, released the throttle, and shifted down.

chamonixmain44.jpg

I handled the corner smoothly. My car actually stayed straight.
"Wow, Tsukiko-Kun! That went good."
"I know. And if you thought that was fun, look at the next corner.."

chamonixmain45.jpg

She saw what I meant, probably. After that corner was the long, bumpy straight. I handled the corner nicely once again, my line was fair, and my speed was too. Then here came the straight.
"The straight!", Kyoko said.
"Indeed."

chamonixmain46.jpg

Amongst the end of the straight was the chicane with the two, bumps, as I call them.
"Alright!"
I pressed the brakes and released the throttle. Shifted down too.
The next thing I know is that I'm on the bump.

chamonixmain47.jpg

And I could make out the other cars right there, in front on the second corner.
"I told you that you could do it, Tsukiko-Kun!"

chamonixmain48.jpg

I immediately sped off the first bump, and rushed toward the second. There's no stopping me now. No.

chamonixmain49.jpg

"I see them, right there. Straight ahead of us."
"Good! Go for the victory!"
"I will."

chamonixmain50.jpg

I sped off the bump and drove straight ahead.

chamonixmain52.jpg

"Here I go!", I yelled, and went through the next corner.
"Good luck, Tsukiko-Kun!"
I think I screwed it up a tad, though. As I slightly touched the barrier

chamonixmain53.jpg

I sped up instantly, I could see the other two drivers ahead of me.
"Here goes nothing. No turning back!"

chamonixmain54.jpg

I reached the Mitsubishi and one of the GT-R's in a quick matter of time.
"Draft them! Drive directly behind them!", Kyoko told me.
I followed those rules, and I had sped up to them. I see drafting altered the aerodynamics, adding an extra speed boost. Now all I had to do, was overtake them.
"Here I go.."

chamonixmain55.jpg

I overtook the Mitsubishi, and the next thing I know, the GT-R.
"Wow Tsukiko-Kun, that was fast!"
"Yeah. Now all that's left is the other GT-R"

chamonixmain56.jpg

I looked straight ahead, the end of the race was near.

chamonixmain57.jpg

I could see the lead GT-R, just waiting for someone. That someone, is me..

chamonixmain58.jpg

"Okay Tsukiko, try to do this last corner correctly!"
"Mhm.", I said quickly.
I payed attention to the road. I broke, let off the throttle, and down-shifted. Once the right moment came, I stepped on the throttle. But I believe it was a bit too late.

chamonixmain59.jpg

And the GT-R remained first, and he had won first. Though, the thrill of the race I enjoyed, and now I see how my father had enjoyed what he did so much. I just might continue with this too..

chamonixmain60.jpg

12:06 - After the race

"Wow Tsukiko-Kun, you did wonderful in that race! Even though you didn't win the gold, you still won second!"
"Yeah. But it couldn't have been without your help too, y'know.", I winked.
"Yes, I know."
Kyoko walked over to me, grabbed my hand, and reached toward my face with her face.
"Um.. Kyoko-Chan?.."
"Shhh.."
She slowly kissed me. and my eyes opened. A romantic scene.
"Kyoko-Chan.. What was that?"
"Huh?"
She smiled at me, and I smiled back. Though I may have been blushing.
"Tsukiko-Kun.. I-I.."
"You know what, Kyoko? Hold that thought, let's talk about it back at the hotel, okay?"
"Okay!"
And off we went to the GT-R to head back to the hotel. What a wonderful day.

Last edited:
Nice chapter. Kyoko seems a little bossy...

Back