Shizukana Kaze - Chapter X - Left Behind - 16/8/12

• Thread starter Ryou
  • 406 comments
You kept a promise, surprisingly. :P Nice return chapter, actually...nice is an understatement, amazing chapter! This is the way to reboot a story.

I hope you show why Tsukiko was a marked man later on.

PS: Seeing as it ends in "-ko", wouldn't Tsukiko be a girl's name? ;)

^ Yes. It was.

DK
I hope you show why Tsukiko was a marked man later on.

PS: Seeing as it ends in "-ko", wouldn't Tsukiko be a girl's name? ;)

The next chapter will be short, and released Monday. Don't worry, it will do all the explaining. Anyways, I've planned farther ahead than you all think. ;)

And, yes. It was a girl's name. I was trying to see who could finally figure that out. :sly:

Chapter XI - Removal
Shizukana Kaze
冬

January 1st - 12:35 AM

My father had sat me down in a chair by his desk as he prepared me a drink. I sat there looking at the papers scattered all over the table. There were a few documents, letters, notes, maps, books.. I wanted to know what he was doing with all of this, and first of all.. why he abandoned me and left me on my own that day.
"Dad.. I just want to know what is going on."
"That can wait a minute, Tsukiko.", he told me.
"What do you mean it can wait?"
"It will require a lot of explaining, Tsukiko. Just be patient and wait."
"Okay, I will.."
I took a look through my pockets. I found my cell phone, luckily, but the signal from this location was low. Good enough to text someone. I thought I should probably call the police for them to check my house.
"No, Tsukiko.", he said.
"Why not?"
"If you call them, we could be at risk of being discovered!"
"By who?"
"I told you to wait for that.."
"Oh, right."
I had to sit and do nothing for a few minutes whilst my father made us both some cups of coffee using a coffee maker powered by some sort of generator he must have built. Do not get me wrong, my father was a smart and ingenious man, which is most likely how he was still living and breathing.. right in front of my eyes at this very moment. A few seconds later, he was finally finished, and he brought us both a cup.
"Thank you..", I said.
"You're welcome."
He took a seat in the seat in front of me, and we both discussed.
"Alright..", he said. "Now we can discuss this. So you said you came here due to running from a small Yakuza group, correct?"
"Yes, I did."
"Well, I'm sure you are wondering why I survived the accident, too. The accident was also tied to this, Tsukiko.."
"It was?"
"Yes. Now, please be quiet. I will tell you it all as thoroughly and quickly as possible."
"Okay.."
"So, listen closely.. it's quite a long explanation.."

----

"It all started when your mother died that one day. Yes, I lied. It was not a heart attack at all, she was hunted down and killed by a Yakuza from the city of Tokyo. Ever since I began racing, I've gotten myself in a bit of trouble with a gang or two. Either it was street racing or being involved in certain crimes that I interrupted. Some wanted me dead, and some wanted me captured. I have been cautious to keep you safe ever since she was assassinated, bringing you everywhere with me, and keeping you close to me. I began hearing rumours from other racers that a recent Yakuza gang member had gained an interest in rally, and entered a team. It wasn't too long from then that he had appeared in that race. I knew that day would be the day I came to my final threat, and I left you home for that reason. When nearing the end of the race, I knew it could only be the black Subaru that was there to end me. So I took my chances, and when the car stopped rolling, I found out I was still alive. I quickly crawled out of the car and hid before the race officials found me. Once the car caught fire by the time they reached it, the news made the assumption that I died from the crash and the fire finished me. If the Yakuza wanted me dead, I knew I had to fake it. I wanted to return to you, but to keep you safe, I went on my own and went to look for somewhere else to live. Once I found a good place to hide, which is this sewer, I called Kyoko and asked her if you could live with her. She accepted it, and later you find yourself living with her. I told her to keep the news of me being alive a secret, so you couldn't spread the word. A few years later, I heard suspicion was being raised about you ever since you had started racing, and I told Kyoko to protect you from such people. I didn't say she had to sacrifice herself like she did, but I told her to assist you in survival. Those guys following you were the Yakuza, Tsukiko, and they are after you. One of the few living in our family, and now that you're here, I have something to say.."

----

"What is it you have to say, then?", I asked.
"It's not safe for us here, anymore. By now, they have probably learned I am still alive and they are looking for us.."
"What do you mean it's not safe?!"
"Tsukiko, I know this is hard, but.."
"What?"
"We must go into exile. We need a new identity, and a new location. They're constantly on the hunt for us, and it is time for us to leave."
"But.. why?!"
"Tsukiko.."
"Tell me why, old man!", I yelled. I probably shouldn't have, as there was a small moment of silence.
"Tsukiko.. I only want to protect you. Do not think I ran away to leave you on your own and am now forcing us to leave because I hate you."
"B-But.."
"We have to leave it all behind, Tsukiko. I know it is hard, but we must. I already have bought tickets for the plane, and we will leave later today. Get whatever items you want, and your car. That is all you will need."
"Why, dad?..", I asked.
I tried to hold back the tears, but I just couldn't. I saw my friend assassinated right in front of me, and now my father is saying we have to go.
"I'm sorry, Tsukiko, but we must. Also, you can tell no one about this. Not even your closest friends."
"Dad.."
"No.. I'm sorry Tsukiko. We must go."
"Okay.."
"Good. Well, now that we've had that discussion, are you finished with your coffee?"
"No.."
I tipped the cup over from my disappointment, and it spilled all over the papers.
"Tsukiko!"
"Sorry about that.. but, what are these papers exactly?"
"They're newspapers, letters, and notes I have written and read. About your races, and the crime going on.."
"Y-You listened to how my races went?"
"Well, of course I would, Tsukiko."
"Well, that's nice, I guess."
"You performed very well, and I'm sure you will be able to continue somewhere else.."
"But, wait.. Dad! What about Kyoko?!"
"I'm sorry, but I do not believe we can check on him.."
"Why not, dad?"
"Well, because.. oh, look. It is your bed time.."
"I need an explanation. I demand it."
"I can explain more later! For now, please just go to sleep.."
"Fine, I will.."
"Good, Tsukiko."
I looked around for a bed that he didn't sleep one, and found it in a corner. A small, not too clean bed, but it would last me for the night. I walked over, got under the covers, and attempted to go to sleep. Hoping to stay away from all of this silly nonsense..
"Good night."

Very nice chapter, even if it is kind of short. I like where this is heading.
Edit: OOPS

Last edited:
Is it just me or do the best of GT5 fanfics feature criminal bosses? ;)

That's what I'm probably known for in writing. Surprises.

Let's add to that. Shizukana Kaze was really a prequel disguised as a normal Fan Fiction the whole time. After the release of Chapter X, I will start a new thread/story under a new name. That will be the continuation of Tsukiko's life.

Also, considering some of you seem to be interested by the fact I include such, I'll be glad to share how I got ideas for everything. Just ask me nicely. :)

Great chapter Ryou... never expected that a gang would be involved in this..

Chapter X - Left Behind
Shizukana Kaze
冬

January 1st, 2012- 9:00 AM

I was told to pack up everything dear to me, along with my car, as we were leaving for the airport at 10 AM. He told me to be careful whilst going to my house and back, and gave me a knife for safety reasons. I would have loved to avenge Kyoko, but that wouldn't be right. I will only use it for safety reasons as told.

I drove to my house and the police were there, with tape around the house and everything inside was covered in a wrap of some sorts. As I got out of my car to get inside, one of the policemen stopped me.
"Excuse me, but you are not allowed inside this house.", he told me.
"But this is my house. Shouldn't I be let in?"
"Well, if that is the case.. I'll let you in, but I advise you do not take anything vital to this."
"Okay."
I went past the tape and investigated the house. I brought my suitcase in and made sure no one was looking. Quickly, I placed my coat into the suitcase, and ran upstairs to my closet and put some clothes in the suitcase, too. Looking besides me, I noticed the bedroom. It was just how I left it that night. Well.. somewhat. With no one in there, I quickly brought the suitcase in and grabbed a few things of mine. The notebooks of Tadashi's, a few undergarments and socks, and my change I had left. Looking around, I noticed a few things on Kyoko's dresser. She was not anywhere to be found in the room, so I assumed the ambulance had picked her up. I noticed a bracelet of hers on her dresser, scattered behind a few things. I picked it up and took a look at it, and it said my name on it. Nicely drawn in the characters that resemble it. I grabbed it for a moment, but only to be struck by the memories I have held of him. She was a nice person, why he had to die for me I did not understand. I quickly put it in my suitcase and ran out of the room. Heading downstairs, I noticed the police coming in. I took one last look at the house that held so much, and quickly ran out. The police officers stared at me oddly as I ran out suspiciously and got into my car to drive away. Looking behind, I noticed one of them reaching for his radio, but another had stopped him from doing so, and they just stared at me as I slowly left.

The Airport - 9:45 AM

"Hello, dad.", I said to him as I saw him waiting outside with a suitcase and a cigarette in his mouth.
"Hello, Tsukiko.", he said to me, staring. "Well, are you ready to go?"
"Yes, I am."
"Good.", he said as he flung his cigarette onto the ground and breathed. "Are you sure you're ready to leave, Tsukiko?"
"Yes, I am."
"Alright. You didn't tell anyone, did you?"
"No, I haven't."
"That's good. Is everything you want in that luggage bag?"
"Yes. I checked everything."
"Alright, well.. I got us a plane that can carry your car over. It will cost me quite a lot, but I still have tons of money left over, so you shouldn't fret."
"Yes.."
I followed him inside the airport that I haven't been to in years. It was just how I remembered. Big, spacy, and crowded. Noises echoed as my father and I walked through the airport to find the line for luggage checking around our plane. After all the necessary things were done, we sat down in the chairs, waiting for the plane to be ready for boarding. As I stared outside and noticed my car being put inside, I decided to ask my father a question.
"Do you know where we are going?"
"Of course I do, Tsukiko."
"Then where are we."
"Oh, you'll see.."
I just twiddled my fingers waiting for the announcer to announce the boarding. It was today that I left behind my old life, and started a new one, in a place I didn't know..

"All passengers on the flight to Germany, you are now allowed to board."

- The (Complete) End -
Shizukana Kaze

Guest Appearances:

III

NascarManiaco99 as Aki Sawagi

IV

NascarManiaco99 as Aki Sawagi
VTiRoj as Naoki Tuichi
DK (DriftKing) as Tadashi Maikita
Technicolors (Techy) as Aoi Matsushina
BayneHamlin as Unknown

V

MachateMan as "The White Night"

Inspiration

All the bands I've listened to and the shows I've watched. Also thanks to daily conversations with friends. Without this inspiration, Shizukana Kaze might have not been as creative. Please do not think I take direct ideas, as I do not take direct ideas.. I'm merely inspired.

Thanks

Thanks to all of my readers for supporting me through the times of long delays and disappointment. I possibly couldn't have made it this far without you all.

Last edited:
I wonder if the 'Ring is gonna feature in the sequel...

You can't avoid the Nurburgring if the fan-fiction is going to Germany! Waiting for the next series Ryou!

Back