Shmee confirms new Gran Turismo in Bugatti's vision event

• Thread starter Samm
  • 38 comments
Canada
Canada

1st video skip to 8.25
2nd video watch the first 2 minutes

He clearly says the car will be playable in the next gran turismo

Note:if you guys head to gran turismo official website you will see that all the vision gt cars are tagged in under gt6 game vision with the exception of Hyundai N 2025 and the Bugatti, both cars are tagged under gran turismo vision

Last edited:
Isn't that Buguatti just revealing their Vision GT concept car that will later be playable in GT6?

I don't believe he announced a new GT, he's just saying here's our new concept car that will be playable in Gran Turismo.

Stating the Gran Turismo 7 is coming and a VGT car will be playable in a "future version of Gran Turismo" are two very different statements. I believe he ment that the car was coming in an update to GT6, not an actual brand new GT game.

I don't know Shmee's history but I occasionally watch his videos and he's had other McLarens (or just one) and has a brand spanking new McLaren 650LT. I portray him as a fund trust baby who is now making good money on YT to help fund his trips in expensive cars, somehow. Could be wrong.

I don't recall ever seeing a gaming video on his channel in over a year.

That is not a confirmation, because:

a. Shmee himself is the source of that quote.
b. The quote is rather vague.

Had he said: "I talked to some guys from Sony and they said that the Bugatti will be available in GT7" it would have been another matter, because then it would come from an official source (depending on who he talked to of course, not all Sony reps knows everything about all their games). Even better would be if he could quote someone from PD.

But as it stands now, the quote comes directly from Shmee himself and as such it can't be taken as a confirmation of any kind.

Also, the quote is vague: A "future version of Gran Turismo" could mean an update, it could mean a new game, it could mean that Shmee himself is not sure.

He also says that it's called the Vision Gran Turismo "because it will be featured in upcoming Gran Turismo games". We know that it isn't true: They're called Vision Gran Turismo because they are part of the Vision Gran Turismo program. Why he say "upcoming games" could be because of a misunderstanding, or his own interpretation of what he has been told. It could also be that whoever told him about it had got it wrong as well. If he doesn't know the Gran Turismo series very well it could be easy for him to jump to the conclusion that it is for an upcoming game rather than an update for a current game.

Looks like he's just as youtuber who "spots supercars".

To me that's neither a respected gamer nor car journo.

So again, I ask, why?
They mention "upcoming" Gran Turismo
I don't know Shmee's history but I occasionally watch his videos and he's had other McLarens (or just one) and has a brand spanking new McLaren 650LT. I portray him as a fund trust baby who is now making good money on YT to help fund his trips in expensive cars, somehow. Could be wrong.

I don't recall ever seeing a gaming video on his channel in over a year.
I can confirm any car released for GT6 will be released for future GT games. Hardly news here.
Shmee is not a gamer and he is probably not interested in Gt7. The point that I'm trying to make here is that he mentioned the next gran turismo twice, he could've said that the car will be playable in the game but he specifically said the next gran turismo.he might have heard that from an insider from the vision gt event. Another thing to watch for is that the Bugatti brand isn't in gt6 vision gt list. and so far we haven't seen the gt6 gameplay of the Bugatti.

To be fair they weren't premiums though. The Ferrari F1 cars on the other hand.....
He didn't say anything about premium or standards. But since you mentioned it, the Nissan 350Z Gran Turismo 4 Limited Edition (Z33) '05 and the Nissan 370Z (Z34) (GT Academy Version) '08 are also not in the game. Point being, not every car in one game is guaranteed to be in the next.

Shmee is not a gamer and he is probably not interested in Gt7. The point that I'm trying to make here is that he mentioned the next gran turismo twice, he could've said that the car will be playable in the game but he specifically said the next gran turismo.he might have heard that from an insider from the vision gt event. Another thing to watch for is that the Bugatti brand isn't in gt6 vision gt list. and so far we haven't seen the gt6 gameplay of the Bugatti.

A correct headline would be:

Shmee mentions "upcoming Gran Turismo" in Bugatti's vision event.

Because it's a mention, not a confirmation. Confirmation needs to be traceable to an official source. In this case the source is a 3rd party YouTuber who has no connection to Sony or PD, and while it's possible that he knows something we don't, it's also possible that he doesn't fully know what he's saying.

^^ I thought @sems4arsenal was being sarcastic...
Smilies_Confused__idk.gif

Shmee is not a gamer and he is probably not interested in Gt7. The point that I'm trying to make here is that he mentioned the next gran turismo twice
He said, "this is the car that will feature in upcoming versions of Gran Turismo", "this is a car that the fans of Bugatti can drive in the Gran Turismo franchise", "named Gran Turismo because it will feature in upcoming Gran Turismo games".

Nothing about "the next Gran Turismo" there at all.
he could've said that the car will be playable in the game but he specifically said the next gran turismo
I listened to everything on both videos and I don't even hear him saying the word "next" at all, much less in association with Gran Turismo.

What seems likely is he's asked when the car will be in the game and someone said "the next version". When will it be in the game? When the game version that includes it is disseminated.
Another thing to watch for is that the Bugatti brand isn't in gt6 vision gt list.
That'll be because we've not had a game version update since Bugatti was announced in August. The last one was for the Goodwood Festival of Speed.

As things stand, the title is ludicrously misleading.

What DLC? I don't see those cars? Just because some cars is in a previous game doesn't mean they're automatically in a future game, and certainly not as DLC either. Nothing is certain.

I'm sure there may be the odd exception but a car released as DLC for a previous game is damn right guaranteed to be in the next game. Nothing news worthy about that fact.

When he says, "future version of Gran Turismo", this could quite easily be language corrected interpreted to "future update of Gran Turismo". I don't believe Shmee is talking balderdash though. I've happenstance upon his videos before, he gets us inside the Bugatti.

Last edited:
I'm sure there may be the odd exception but a car released as DLC for a previous game is damn right guaranteed to be in the next game. Nothing news worthy about that fact.
Not if the manufacturer suddenly withdraws the license for that car :P

Back