**Shock Horror X-Box Copy Cats**

• Thread starter alex_gt
  • 34 comments

**GT Copy Cats**

• I'm still swearing with anger, how dare they..It looks so Crap

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Grrr I'm not at all happy about this..

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • They shouldn't have done this, don't GT have the rights/licenses to this kind of Game?..

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • mmm I'm not to pleased..

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • I'm ok with it..

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Interesting that another console has chosen to taken this up..

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • I hope they do well..

• I'm going out to buy it asap..

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Wow I love the look of this Game..

• mmm Couldn't give a Monkeys..

Votes: 7 26.9%

• Total voters
I don't mind if this is moved to the PS2 Forums but I thought I better put it here to reach Maximum amount of Members:

I was shocked when I received this in my Mailbox :rscared:. Sega and X-Box are gonna try and do there very own GT :forbidden

The graphics are obviously far off :gt: despite the X-Boxes alleged power.

What's everyone think? Does it make your blood boil :fdevil: or is it just a pathetic effort at trying to improve Game :cd: sales :2cents: by arguably copying GT? :shakehead:

XBOX GT 2002

Get working on your fantasy garage

Sega of America has announced the release of "Sega GT(TM) 2002," exclusively for the Xbox console.

They claim its the most realistic driving experience available on the Xbox and it features 125 classic and modern cars including vintage Jags and the classic '68 Ford Mustang GT 390 from Bullitt.

Races take place on more than 15 tracks, ranging from snow-covered mountain roads to petrol soaked drag strips. The game also includes hundreds of car descriptions and backgrounders, letting gamers study up on their favorite cars. "SEGA has been at the forefront of the racing experience since the days of 'Out Run(TM)' and 'Virtua Racing(TM),'" said Ed Fries, vice president of Xbox Game Content.

Attachments

• copycat.jpg
    copycat.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 165
Those graphics look alright, DEFINENTLY not as clean as GT3, I mean, look at the road! But it does sound like they are trying to satisfy GT players wants, like how we voted for drag racing and muscle cars and such. basically, it SUCKS

d00d....i'm all for having Microsoft make GT3.
think of how much cooler it'd be if Gran Turismo was on XBox.
the graphics would be even better than they already are, you could put your own music in the background, and it'd have MORE CARS!

surely they're not stupid enough to stop at those graphics and 125 cars....are they?
and SOMEBOSY get rid of those dumb stickers....

By the way Alexy did you know Sega GT was first on the Dreamcast?
I had it and the handling was worse than toca race driver.
And you pickked the worst looking Pics of the game I have seen :P I swear someone posted loads of Sega GT2002 pics that looked pretty good?

Also it wont compare to GT3 because it has the same handling as the Dreamcast

Yeah, Sega GT could have been more, but its still a good game. You fail to realize that Sega GT isn't a copy of GT even though it has the intials "GT" in its title.

And what's your beef with XBoX? Are you one of those enthusiasts ive read about? If you are, I don't get you guys. You try in every way to put down the other systems and to praise your own, but you fail to realize what you are missing without the other systems.

if they do make it for xbox it will be good cause it will set a bench-mark for gt4 to reach....

if gt4 goes out of its way to be the best then i hope xbox do a damn fine job of thier game even tho i dont have one :D

it all work in our favour you know! :)

By the looks of things, that is no cometition to GT3 at all.

- There is no-one driving the cars
- The cars don't have as much detail as GT3
- Same as above for the tracks

Everything about it looks crap. (and thats putting it as nice as i possibly can.)

And yes, i am a Sony fan, and yes, i will never be touching an Xbox let alone play one, and no, i don't care what i'm missing out on.

And it will not be going to Xbox, because Sony own Polyphony Digital, and Microsoft is a rivial of Sony....

I think............I think...........I'm gonna puke..................I HATE XBOX I HATE MICROSOFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! :mad::mad:

Doesnt Sega always copy the good games and try to make themselves look good and the game be horrible...Sega finally decided to give up on the console junk and focus on games that are not gonna be worth peoples time to play...They focus on getting their stuff out too early and just try to make the game look good but the control be terrible...What do I think? I think the Sega people should go jump off a bridge...
I said my bit im out...

Originally posted by Y2TUSCAN
By the way Alexy did you know Sega GT was first on the Dreamcast?
I had it and the handling was worse than toca race driver.
And you pickked the worst looking Pics of the game I have seen :P I swear someone posted loads of Sega GT2002 pics that looked pretty good?

Also it wont compare to GT3 because it has the same handling as the Dreamcast

Yea I knew it was first on the Dreamcast, so are you saying this is the exact same Game with 2002 on the end?

Sorry about the pics man :rolleyes:, they were the only ones I got with the Newsletter, post better ones if you like Y2Tuscan?

You gotta admit those graphics :cubist: are pethetic for a 256bit console :eek: Look at the wheels on the skyline, could they look worse? :burnout:

I thought the X-Box was 32bit seeing as it has a Pentium 3 processor. I meant to say that someone posted a thread in the X-Box forum with some nice pics of the game. Still the game is meant to handle like poo so im not expecting much of it.

Im happy with my ps2 and ps2 speeds and graphics games etc... when I got my ps2 someone said... why the hell did you get that???? x-box is better rah rah rah and I just staid... shut up... I thought it was my descision.... and IMHO ps2s will kick ass over the x-box's I just see how many mpre ps2s are sold at work compared to the x-box's.

This game is the reason I'm getting an Xbox. Just so I can drive that Charger, lol

Oh, and Halo too.

And before I get accused of being a Xbox fanboy (lol, hypocrisy is so funny :P ), I've got a PS2 and GT3 and a few other games and a PS1 and a bunch of cheap games for that. Sure GT3 is pretty, but GT2 is more fun for me.

Of course, even after I get that xbox and some games for it, GT2 is still gonna be my favorite, simply because of everything I can do to it with a gameshark.

The console debate again........sigh.

I personally think that the console are not better thatn the games available for it. So in my case PS2 is head and shoulders above the XBOX and GameC.

The XBX and GameC might have more power than the PS2, but in my book only a few games are worth a look.

Everybody is talking about HALO, for gods sake it was out the day the XBOX was launched!!! If they can't better a "launch" game, then why on earth would anyone even consider buying an XBOX. It really means that they have ONE good game, a few average ones, and a ****load of games that should never have been released. And HALO is confirmed for PC now - so there is NO reason i would buy an XBOX.

And for the Gamecube, well it's the same story actually. The most talked about games are the Resident Evil series, but for god's sake: They are just REMAKES of the original 3 Res games for Playstation.

Both machines have great power, but none of the developers uses it.

(Phew.. ;))

I hope that the screenshots posted are work in progress, because they look pretty bad.

Look at the flat wheels. :yuck:

Another console debate? :shakehead

I'm with the Xbox cuz it kicks ass. I love playing it. I think it would be interesting if GT did come to Xbox. Dont get me wrong, I still love playin my PS2 too.

I hope :gt: never touch X-Box with a large barge pole myself :viper:maniac

Sony + Polyphony = GT

So if Sony+Polyphony = GT = A brilliant game is formed :thumbsup:

Where as:

X-Box + Sony + Polyphony = Vigourous reaction :fire: (Never going to happen) Sony and Polyphony atoms bond to form GT but X-Box vapourises into the atmosphere.

It's all simple science :magnify: See what I mean? :smilewink

i would love see that game in x-box, even my owm gt3 in the x-box console.

why ?

if x-box make a GT like GT3 that have to be better,and later sony gonna make another better tham x-box, etc,etc.

the competition is the best thing to us ( the custumers) cuz if you have a good comp.you got to make betters things.

if sony don't have comp. they can do any crap game, and you are have to buy it ,cuz is the only one, but if this two companys are fithing for custumer ( $$$) they have to better and betters products to us.

bah, the graphics aren't that good plus Gt4 will strike it to the ground and keep smashing it until death :P

Gee - I can't believe how poor it looks - still, if it's got fields of 16 cars and decent AI I can deal with that.

My comments on the commercial errors that I believe MS made are well documented in these forums, but the software side of things has really been a let-down for X-Box.

Clonehead hit the nail on the head with his comments about Halo - where's Project Gotham Racing now? Do a Google search on 'Project Gotham Racing forums' and 'GT3 forums' and you'll get an idea of what I'm talking about. GTA3 is another example.

...and whoever at Sony decided to put USB ports at the front of the PS2 and talk to Logitech about steering wheels is a genius!

I've now got an Xbox and Sega GT 2002, and I have to say it's a very fun game. And the best thing is, it's got cars that GT3 doesn't have. Like a '71 (I think?) Camaro Z28, a couple of pretty cool looking OLD Celicas, a Charger, what looks like a '66 Fastback Mustang, though they say it's got a 390 engine, and I was under the impression they didn't get those until later. Not to mention all the new cars it's got and the classic ones too.

Anyway, it's a breath of fresh air after the GT series. GT3 was just a pretty GT2 with less cars and things to do to me. My top 3 favorite tracks were not included in GT3, very few of my favorite cars were in it, and even though it looks really good, it's just...kinda boring, and a little disappointing. I know they didn't have the time to include all the cars and things from GT2, but it's still dissapointing.

Sega GT 2002 on the other hand, is rather easy to get into. And it's actually fun. When you're racing those first races to save up for that car you were wanting, it doesn't feel like a chore like it usually does in the GT series. The track changes every time you race in a race, and the cars usually change a lot too. Not anywhere near arcadey like Ridge Racer or anything, it's like one click below GT3 in realism of handling. Of course, I was driving with driving aids and things, so that might change if you turn off that stuff.

Graphically, I honestly don't see what the problem with graphics is. It's a mildly different style of graphics than what GT3 has, and yet, it's easier on the eyes. It looks better than the internet pictures lead you to believe.

Engine sounds are about like GT3. They suck in other words. The tire squeals actually sound like real tires squealing though, and they only do it at the right times. Also, you can leave tire tracks.

During the race, your car gets damaged, and you can see how bad it is by a little bar on the top of your screen. You get damaged by hitting other cars, walls around the track, whatever. You have to pay for all the damage you get after the race. If you don't get damaged at all though, you get a bonus after the race. And racing lines are a HUGE thing in this game. There's not any going right up to the corner and even past it and then turning. You'll just hit a wall doing that.

After a race, if you place 1st or 2nd (maybe 3rd too?) you get to take 6 pictures of the race during the replay, and you choose which one you want to keep and put in your garage. Yes, you have an actual, graphic garage. And you can see your car sitting in it (Your car also drives out of the garage when you go to a race). There's a shelf against the wall behind it, with whatever trophy's you've won and pictures you've taken during replays hanging on the wall above it. And you can choose to look at the pictures, which you scroll through. There's some information about the pictures, like which day you took them (day 1, day 2, etc.).

Anyway, it's got many great cars that GT3 left out in favor of putting in more Lancers and Miatas for some reason.

The tracks seem easy to learn, unfortunately most of the ones I've raced on are mostly flat with slight elevation changes, but one had a very large banked turn. In other words, the tracks are simple with a small car like one of the old Celicas, but can be really tough if you try to race on them with a bigger car, such as the classic Camaro I mentioned earlier. Also, I had an opponent car slam me into a wall once. I don't know if it was just an accident or if the AI occasionally does that, but I was about to pass him on the straight, and he just rammed right into me and forced me off the track into a wall, after which he left quickly :embarrassed:

Anyway, it's a great game, and after playing it, I don't really see what you guys have against it, other than Microsoft. But then again, most of you are probably using Windows with Internet Explorer, and yet refuse to buy an xbox, which finally has a great driving game. Hypocrisy is very funny sometimes :P :lol: j/k ;)

Originally posted by skynyrd
Anyway, it's a great game, and after playing it, I don't really see what you guys have against it, other than Microsoft. But then again, most of you are probably using Windows with Internet Explorer, and yet refuse to buy an xbox, which finally has a great driving game. Hypocrisy is very funny sometimes :P :lol: j/k ;)

Exactly. :lol:

Back