Shocking HP numbers and gains

  • Thread starter Thread starter JDMsk8r
  • 8 comments
  • 831 views
Messages
270
Messages
JDMsk8r
Have you ever Bought a car thinking it wont be very powerful, untill you upgrade it! I bought a Jenson Healey Interceptor and wow, 638bhp! I was amazed and blown away on how it made so much horsepower, I also bought a chevelle SS 454 and it made 838bhp, Just an amazing number in my opinion.

Does anyone else think these things when they upgrade cars?
 
Surprised at my Mercedes Benz SL600 (R230) more than 1000BHP! and 250MPH+ without slipstream! Crazy! Very Fast on the La Sarthe, it's a must buy if you don't have it.
 
a viper jumps quite alot as well
 
I only have SL 65 AMG, but still has 987bhp:scared:
 
Just to explain the Jenson Interceptor a bit, Its powered by a 7.2 liter Chyrstler V8 OHV, the largest displacment available in a passenger car in england at the time. So it makes sense that it could be modded that much. Another funny thing about this car is that you can have either a three speed a five speed or six speed tranny.

My broken in Jenson has 694 HP and 822 ft-lb's

The Mercedes SL600 was probably the biggest increase I can remember
 
Yeah, 694 isn't that big of a deal with a chrysler 383, so it's really not that surprising for the game.

I will agree with the SL600, it shocked the hell out of me when I saw the final #s it was putting out. Managed to get just shy of 270 on SS7 a few nights back.
 
I was surprised at the TVR Cerbera Speed 12. My god, 1000+BHP??!
To be honest I'm a bit scared of that thing now, we all know the reputation of TVR. Just starting up a TVR with this much power is just :nervous:
 
There's a little family runabout, SRT/4 or something, makes about 570bhp off a 4 cylinder motor. Melts front tyres for a living!
 
Daihatsu Copen and the Cuore/Mira TR-XX both these Kei cars go from the base Kei car HP to a hair over 200HP.
The Copen active top maxed out will do over 160mph on the straight at Nürburgring. Crazy when you think how small they really are.
Another one is the Dodge SRT4 '03 goes over 600hp and can hit 200mph+.
Note: running a challenge in the tuning forum with two categories, one for Kei cars and one for FFs. Currently best time for a Kei car on Nürburgring is 7:27.869 while the Dodge SRT4 is the only FF to beat the challenge time with a 6:34.497.
If interested in the challenge here is the link.
Wallbanger's Ring Masters Challenge (7/21/11)
 
Back