Wallbanger's Ring Masters Challenge (7/21/11, new challenge 10/17/11)

XDesperado67

The Harvey Wallbanger
Premium
United States
Hillsboro Oregon
XDesperado67
XDesperado67
Harvey Wallbanger's Cafe & Outlaw Motorsports Garage
Proudly Presents
ringmasters.png
Do you have what it takes to meet Wallbanger's challenge and earn the title of Ring Master? Can you survive pushing cars to their limits and beyond in the green hell also known as Nürburgring Nordschleife? Come show all of GT Planet that your tunes and driving are the best!
Wallbanger's is offering those who can beat the challenge their choice of giftable car, and choice of Car Tune done by the Outlaw Motorsports Garage. We are offering this prize package for the following categories:
A) Any Kei car able to beat a time of 7:35.000
B) Any FF car able to beat a time of 6:35.000
C) Classic American Musclecar able to beat a time of 7:15.000 (Special restrictions; Pre '80, no Race Cars or RMed cars, Sports Medium tires maximum allowed.)
D) Any car with 100HP or less able to beat a time of 8:00.000 (Special rule! A tune for the car used must be presented along with the picture of the time so HP can be verified.)
E) Any road car able to beat a time of 6:00.000 (Special rules; No race cars, race modified cars, or cars with adjustable front aero downforce that can go higher than 20. Tuner cars are allowed provided they are classified as road cars and not custom competition cars and don't have adjustable front aero downforce that can go over 20.)
F) Any 550PP road car able to beat a time online of 6:35.000 (Special rules; No race cars or race modified cars. Tuner cars are allowed provided they are classified as road cars and not custom competition cars. This challenge must be completed in an online lobby so a second person must witness and verify the lap to certify the time.)

The Rules
1) The only aids that are allowed are ABS1 and Driving Line.
2) There is no PP or tire restriction for the cars that are eligible.
3) All winning times must be accompanied by a screenshot showing the green lap time.
4) If the driver is using a car tune they have not created or only slightly modified they must cite the source of the tune.
(I.E. If I take a tune for the SRT4 from G.M.E. and change the brake balance and front Dampers I need to announce that I was using a G.M.E. tune for this challenge.)
5) While not mandatory, those who beat the challenge/s using their own tune are highly encouraged to share that tune here or provide a link to it.
6) Kei cars are those which are eligible to compete in the A-Spec Kei car races. There is a list available in game for those races of all eligible cars. Sorry as much as I would like to see some of the European micro cars compete, regulating what would be eligible and what wouldn't is more headache than I am up to at this time.
7) No glitching! Not sure if its even possible to do a green lap when glitching the course but times that are well below the Target may require further proof of their validity. The Target Times are set to be somewhere between highly challenging and impossible and are based on observed times turned in by several very capable drivers in cars that are likely candidates to compete here.
13) While discussion of the various cars tunes and the methods drivers use in testing as well as their reviews of said car tunes is encouraged, anything viewed as a personal attack on either the car tuner or the driver/reviewer may constitute grounds for disqualification/removal from the contest. Discussion of anything related to the contest is highly encouraged. Personal attacks and bickering/flaming will not be tolerated as this curtails the enjoyment of the community as a whole and could lead to the moderators steping in and closing the contest down. This can be an enjoyable experience for all of us and a possible learning experience. Let's have fun and be respectful of others.

Special Challenges
AC's Coffee Break Mini Challenge Temporarily Postponed
raVer's Copen ChallengeCompleted prize won by CSLACR Daihatsu Copen Active Top '02 -204HP -732KG -478PP 7:19.684

Note: You can win multiple prize packages by beating each of the challenges with a different car. So if for instance you beat the FF challenge time in an SRT4 you could still win a prize package in the FF category by using another car.

Note 2: Further challenges may be issued at some point and additional sponsors and prize packages included. If anyone has ideas for additional challenges and/or wants to sponsor prizes, you can post either here or in my garage or else send me a pm. (How about a good challenge time for trucks, or a single make challenge time for the kubelwaggen? Just random ideas to get people thinking!:D)

Note 3: Anyone beating the challenge times by 5 seconds or more will receive a prize bonus.

Enjoy and as Harvey Wallbanger always says...
Drive hard and have fun!:cheers::gtpflag:

Additional Sponsors
ringmasterssponsor.png

Ring Masters!:bowdown::gtpflag:
Kei Car Ring Masters
ACSR421
Car/Tune= Daihatsu Mira TR-XX Avanzato R '97 "Ring Master"
Time=7:34.593

-raVer-
Car=Cuore TR-XX Avanzato R (J) '97
Time=7:32.228
Car=Daihatsu Copen Active Top '02
Time=7:28.755

praiano63
Time=7'22"545
Car=Daihatsu Copen Detachable Top '02
Time=7'20"970
Car=Daihatsu Mira TR-XX Avanzato R '97
Time=7'21"803

CSLACR
Car=Mazda Autozam AZ-1 '92
Time=7:34.562
Time=7:19.684

FF Car Ring Masters
praiano63
Car=Dodge SRT4 '03
Time=6'34"497

Classic Musclecar Ring Masters
praiano63
Car=Ford MUSTANG MACH 1 '71
Time=7:10.547

MrGrado
Car=Ford MUSTANG MACH 1 '71
Time=7:13.668

Last edited:
Sounds like fun but I am going to pass on this one. I have a wheel coming very soon and my focus will be on getting comfortable with it. Good luck to everyone who gives this a go.

Sounds like fun but I am going to pass on this one. I have a wheel coming very soon and my focus will be on getting comfortable with it. Good luck to everyone who gives this a go.

This challenge is open ended, so until such a time as their is no more interest in the challenge or ole Harvey Wallbanger here falls over dead you can compete in it and win.:D:tup:👍

For the FF , no race or RM ?? it's limited to DODGE SRT4??

Any FF car you can find in game is eligible.
I have a suspicion I know what car/s will be first and most likely to beat this challenge but I'm not going to give anyone any ideas.💡:yuck::crazy::cool:

The ring and FF are both good learning tools for a new wheel user.

I'll be sitting in a yellow DC5 race car very soon. ;)

The ring and FF are both good learning tools for a new wheel user.

I'll be sitting in a yellow DC5 race car very soon. ;)
What? Not going to get the SRT4 under the time limit first.:D

You'll be happy to know that it was with your easy lap in the SRT4 that helped me decide on the time...so if everyone starts yelling that this is impossible your to blame!:crazy:

You'll be happy to know that it was with your easy lap in the SRT4 that helped me decide on the time...so if everyone starts yelling that this is impossible your to blame!:crazy:

First try with rough settings, i'm 6'39" with SRT4. I don't think i abble to take out14" like this... i'll look for a race car.

praiano63
For the FF , no race or RM ?? it's limited to DODGE SRT4??

Pretty much, 6:25 from something else would be surprising. Hell 6:25 with any FF with TRUELY no aids aside from ABS... Probably reserved for top Drivers, not the majority of the Board myself included, not enough time. 6:30 might be more realistic, but still only an RM Teg & a SRT will be competing I think, maybe a surprise, not sure how much power the Trial can pack on.

Good Luck Tuners/Drivers

What exactly is a Kei car. I know it's those tiny lil things a guy like me can't fit into let alone Drive (GT is the only way I can drive a Miata, I just don't fit) but what makes it a Kei car?

Well it won't be easy, I wouldn't expect the SRT4 to do it, but I'm keeping fingers crossed for the RM's and race car(s).

Okay now that I have all your attention should I change the time to 6:30? With a bonus for 6:25 maybe?
Thing is there are a couple of cars I'm thinking of that if I'm right have a shot at just blowing past that time.

Last edited:
what makes it a Kei car?

The Kei cars are a specific size and weight and power.

Japan passed a law in the late 80's that stated if you had a car parked on the street outside your house, it had to be under a certain size limit, or you had to have a driveway.

The Honda Beat, Suzuki Cappucino, Suzuki Alto works and Mazda AZ-1 (Autozam) are all examples of good Kei cars, with the Beat being tough to... erm... well, beat.

See what I did there.

:irked:👍

Okay now that I have all your attention should I change the time to 6:30? With a bonus for 6:25 maybe?
Thing is there are a couple of cars I'm thinking of that if I'm right have a shot at just blowing past that time.
I can only think of Two Integra's, the DC5 race car, and a RM'd one, I doubt the 98 Civic has enough grip.
I haven't driven most of these, and the ones I have driven were never on RS tires. I don't know what for all can beat the SRT4 because of it's 604HP, I'd almost say 6:35 being a benchmark. 6:30 or lower a bonus. JMO.

Aside from the Golf & Civic what other FF cars can be RMed? (aside from the Teg too)
That's it. The Trial Celica can't make enough power, so that's "out".

Changed Target FF time to 6:35. Offered bonus to anyone who can beat the Target times by more than 5 seconds.

How about the Kei challenge? I pulled a green lap 7:51.xxx with my Copen Active Top tune/car that I have on share. I'm not a good driver and left a lot of time out there.

Hey look ma! They're all driving FFs and Kei cars again!:lol::D::bowdown::gtpflag:

I take it from the sudden silence in the thread that everyone's gotten down to the business of thrashing their favorite FFs and Kei cars.

Wonder if CSLACR will be the first to beat the challenge times or if someone else will get that magic lap.:sly:

XDesperado67
Hey look ma! They're all driving FFs and Kei cars again!:lol::D::bowdown::gtpflag:

I take it from the sudden silence in the thread that everyone's gotten down to the business of thrashing their favorite FFs and Kei cars.

Wonder if CSLACR will be the first to beat the challenge times or if someone else will get that magic lap.:sly:

I think she might be. She has my vote.

I have 1 lap 37" and several reds 36" ,but it's very hard, after a moment you stay too hard on the wheel , need to stop and relax.
Good challenge.... But FF again Mr Wallbanger :):) ...💡 let's try something else next time.

I have 1 lap 37" and several reds 36" ,but it's very hard, after a moment you stay too hard on the wheel , need to stop and relax.
Good challenge.... But FF again Mr Wallbanger :):) ...💡 let's try something else next time.

Then stop driving high powered FWD´s and go over to the Kei Cars. :)

raVer

Back