Shortcut keys in GT4

• Thread starter oryan_dunn
  • 99 comments
K this is getting really old really fast. Otherwise, useful thread, now if only i had the game.

not a short cut but, yesturday when i was messing around on the gymhkana track i found out that you can look left or right by pressing the left and right arrow buttons on the DFP.

-B-
not a short cut but, yesturday when i was messing around on the gymhkana track i found out that you can look left or right by pressing the left and right arrow buttons on the DFP.

You can also look back (down) and back left and back right (down + left or right)

krikit
Faster then realtime:
In B-Spec mode press R1 to goto the race monitor. Hold L1 and press the right button to increase the time to 2x or 3x normal.

I never knew about that until recently, so I figured maybe someone else out there didn't too.

i remember early i looked in book of gt4 that it said that you can go up to 5X but somehow it's couldn't happen, it's only go up to 3X

santapod123
[editted]

What is it with jokes man, I've seen 3 jokes on GTPlanet in the last quarter-of-an-hour, and they're been critisized all over the place, for just some stupid.....correct: I mean funny but unimportant joke:irked: Do we have just too little things to talk about, and start arguiing with eachother because of that??:irked: I think some people just have to say SOMETHING when reading a thread and post stuff like this:tdown: Try to say something usefull or thank somebody for the tips:

Thanks for the tips, I think I'll use that replay key a lot, cause many times in GT3 I have to watch a WHOLE replay just for one particular beautifull moment:indiff:.

Just try to keep it helpfull and interesting will ya?? This is going about nothing:indiff:.............

It's not so much the fact that he's telling jokes but where he is telling them. Any of the rumble strip threads would be fine. People come here to get information, they don't want sarcasm.

Everyone needs to lighten up. I am sure that you can go another day of playing without some new way of accessing a menu with a short-cut button. You survived before. Krikit's "new information" on short-cuts are funny, lighten up people.

umm i don't see anyone mentioning this yet.......

but during gameplay... press START to PAUSE the game then press SELECT which changes your speedomoeter and hud with your DFP steering wheel and a digital tachometer.....

not really a shortcut, but its in there :P

Solid Lifters
When in for a pit stop, you can hit the X button to stop refueling. It's handy when you don't need a full tank, but need some fuel.
I learned this the hard way... :indiff:

I read this thread a few days back and only remembered the L1 & R1 shortcuts.

In the last couple days I remembered the start button at the home screen, discovered about the L3 to pause the scrolling text, and I also discovered (while doing S16) that you could switch between the DFP display and normal gauges when the game is paused. I thought for sure that nobody else would have noticed that yet. But alas, I am too late on that one. However, I do have one that is not mentioned here so far...

In Photo Travel, while on a selection at the right (no matter what it is) the shoulder buttons provide you with a toggling hot-jump to the 4 main buttons on-screen. L1 takes you to Camera Direction, L2 to Camera Tilt, R1 takes you to Camera Position, and R2 to Camera Height.

Well I'm not sure if this is posted anywwhere but.

L3, select, rightpaddle makes your DFP 200 Degrees, but course you gys already know that.

Also thanks for hte info on the HomeScreen.
O yah and thank you for telling me how to stop my car, care to teach me how to make my car go, cause I bet all the Gt4 players here an I totally do not know how to play a PS2 game.

I think it's select, R3, and right paddle to alternate between 900 and 200 modes, while select, R3, and left paddle alternates between 100% feedback (two blinks of the left led) and 60% feedback (one blink of the left led)

Oh, and what is the DFP display on licences?

-B-

I thought it worked during the replays only ...
I always use the analog sticks , but the arrows make my car turn anyway.
Do I have to change the key configuration ?

the refeuling trick sounds usefull, now I can drive around with 10% - 50% fuel load, will help a lot in enduros, tired of waiting for ever to fill a full tank and loosing 2+ positions.

alech
I thought it worked during the replays only ...
I always use the analog sticks , but the arrows make my car turn anyway.
Do I have to change the key configuration ?

No it works in all the races, but unlike the replay where you look all the way to the side you only look about a quarter of the way like you were turning you head.
Im not sure if it works with the controller, i think its only on the wheel.

Not really a short cut, but when using an AT Transmission, hold R2 down to stay in the gear you're in.

In the License Tests, if you press the Right Anologue Stick in (R3?) it Displays a Guide of where you should be, Blue Lines for Accelerations, White for none and Red for Braking.

Great thread! Accidently exited out of a 10 race championship today because it was too long and I wanted to skip the last couple races.......so I've not found a way to do that yet either, haha. Can you do that?

Tony

Back