Should Ferrari appear in the next game?

• Thread starter MIE1992
  • 10 comments
United States
Connecticut
Ridley-X4
I think it depends on what sort of game it is. If it's more like Hot Pursuit 2010, I'd welcome them, but if there's customization, I'd rather they not show up if they aren't going to let us to much in the way of modifying their appearance beyond some GT3 bodykits. I want stuff like the Liberty Walk 458, y'know? (I think one of the Forza games somehow got that kit, too.)

Anyway, if Ferrari was to show up in either sort of game, I wonder what models we'd wanna see? I think a decent amount of models that were in Heat would be redundant, like the various convertible versions of models that were already included, such as the 458. I also don't see a need to include the 488 Pista alongside the normal 488, nor the FXXK Evo alongside the LaFerrari. I'd definitely keep the Testarossa, though, but I'd also wanna see stuff like the 812 or GT4CLusso. But if we're gonna have a game more in the vein of HP2010, it's then that I think the devs should prioritize convertibles, especially models that only come in a convertible version like the Portofino, or even the old 550 Barchetta Pininfarina from HP2. I also could see the 458 and 488 getting scrapped in favor of their latest successor, the F8 Tributo.

Heck, if they really wanted to make a new Hot Pursuit-styled game, I even had ideas of which modern models could fill the niches of those from HP2. The F50 would be replaced with the SF90 Stradale, the 360 Spider would be replaced with the 488 Spider, and the 550 Barchetta Pininfarina would be replaced with the 812 GTS. Easy.

But I think the answer of whether Ferrari would be more welcome in a future NFS game with modification is a bit less clear. I'd say that Ferrari really sticks out in a bad way when all you can do is equip quasi-OEM bodykits like the GT3 kit on their models. And besides Liberty Walk, what other real-world options do you suppose there'd be for bodykits? I think it'd still be a bit disappointing to just get Liberty Walk and some made-for-game kits. Isn't Novitec one such company?

More Ferrari then better. I love this brand.

but if there's customization, I'd rather they not show up if they aren't going to let us to much in the way of modifying their appearance beyond some GT3 bodykits. I want stuff like the Liberty Walk 458, y'know? (I think one of the Forza games somehow got that kit, too.)

Why? If it is as option. I wouldn't mind even if they had no customization at all. Tuner car vs only engine modified Ferrari vs Muscle car would look great. I think that Heat had best approach to car list in NFS Series. It made everybody happy, tuner fans, muscle fans and exotic cars purists.

Ferrari should definitely stay even when lack of modifications. I think it's not only a Ferrari ban problem. It's the overall lack of customization options in real word too. Ok, I would die for a LBW 458 or 488 but than what? Woul I be ok with some made up options? Not sure. Just look at widebody kits for the 2017 Ford GT, the Carrera GT or the 918. Who put those kits on? Ok, they could go the Crew 2 route and add kits that barely change the overall shape. That trick could potentially work for a NFS game too.
Having Porsche, Lamborghini, McLaren and other exotics without Ferrari is just wrong.

More Ferrari then better. I love this brand.

Why? If it is as option. I wouldn't mind even if they had no customization at all. Tuner car vs only engine modified Ferrari vs Muscle car would look great. I think that Heat had best approach to car list in NFS Series. It made everybody happy, tuner fans, muscle fans and exotic cars purists.

I suppose even changing the rims and color offers a bit of freedom, doesn't it? I suppose if Ferrari does return and there's also customization, I'd personally run my Ferrari stock, only considering a change of the rims. I'd honestly really like to be capable of picking more factory colors, rather than only offering one color as stock and then if you wanted a different OEM color, then you'd have to eye-ball it in the color picker. Yeah, something more like Hot Pursuit 2010 Remastered could be nice, where you can pick from multiple OEM colors like in the initial release, but also add onto it with vinyls and decals.

Ferrari should definitely stay even when lack of modifications. I think it's not only a Ferrari ban problem. It's the overall lack of customization options in real word too. Ok, I would die for a LBW 458 or 488 but than what? Woul I be ok with some made up options? Not sure. Just look at widebody kits for the 2017 Ford GT, the Carrera GT or the 918. Who put those kits on? Ok, they could go the Crew 2 route and add kits that barely change the overall shape. That trick could potentially work for a NFS game too.
Having Porsche, Lamborghini, McLaren and other exotics without Ferrari is just wrong.

Yeah, it would feel odd, wouldn't it? Having Lamborghini but not Ferrari is like a Mario game without Bowser - it has happened before, but it still feels odd, y'know? Maybe EA and Ferrari could strike a deal to have some made-for-game kits, as I think that could be a neat idea. I just would want something more than just FXX parts for the LaFerrari, or the GT3 bodykit for the 458. I would say Koenig parts could be neat, but I'm not as sure if they make bodykits or more in-depth mods like RUF.

Last edited:
Ferrari shall stay. You cannot have a racing game without Ferrari.
Sure you can. Just look at the first four installments of Gran Turismo, or some of the Need for Speed games that didn't feature Ferrari like Most Wanted (2005) and Hot Pursuit (2010).

Sure you can. Just look at the first four installments of Gran Turismo, or some of the Need for Speed games that didn't feature Ferrari like Most Wanted (2005) and Hot Pursuit (2010).

Yes what happened?? People still clamoured for Ferrari.

I played racing games without Ferrari I tell you one thing that comes to my mind. Damn this game would be so much better if it had some Ferraris.

Thats how big of a car brand it is. Hence why its a must have brand.

Actually look up the beta and prototypes of nfs most wanted. Ferrari was actually planned to be in the game but did not make the cut other brands like Pagani have also not made the cut but this shows us once again that NFS most wanted was going to have Ferraris until most likely licensing issues led to the brand not being present at all.

Last edited:
Yes what happened?? People still clamoured for Ferrari.

I played racing games without Ferrari I tell you one thing that comes to my mind. Damn this game would be so much better if it had some Ferraris.

Thats how big of a car brand it is. Hence why its a must have brand.

Actually look up the beta and prototypes of nfs most wanted. Ferrari was actually planned to be in the game but did not make the cut other brands like Pagani have also not made the cut but this shows us once again that NFS most wanted was going to have Ferraris until most likely licensing issues led to the brand not being present at all.
Then we'll just have to see if Ferrari is willing to play ball with this next NFS title.

Ferrari will appear if they want to appear. It's clear that aside from a few notable instances, Ferrari has had no problems adapting to the modern racing game, ergo, it would be likely that they will return if the developers see a point for them.

The fact that the OP was so long for a question that could be simply answered, confuses me.

Forgetting your obvious bias, looking off to the side of your post...

You do realize that this isn't an opinion shared by everyone? I like Ferrari, but I am also cognizant of the fact that they haven't appeared in every racing game, nor do they need to if it isn't applicable. If they're not in a game, it's not exactly a knock on said game, because if you're knocking a racing game for its car list in a major way, instead of other actually important aspects like gameplay, then your priorities are seriously out of whack.

Ferrari will appear if they want to appear. It's clear that aside from a few notable instances, Ferrari has had no problems adapting to the modern racing game, ergo, it would be likely that they will return if the developers see a point for them.

The fact that the OP was so long for a question that could be simply answered, confuses me.

Forgetting your obvious bias, looking off to the side of your post...

You do realize that this isn't an opinion shared by everyone? I like Ferrari, but I am also cognizant of the fact that they haven't appeared in every racing game, nor do they need to if it isn't applicable. If they're not in a game, it's not exactly a knock on said game, because if you're knocking a racing game for its car list in a major way, instead of other actually important aspects like gameplay, then your priorities are seriously out of whack.

Remember the Porsche debacle??

A lot of people wanted Porsche in their racing games.

Im not talking about gameplay, game design, graphics, sound and details.

Im talking about brands. Ferrari is a big brand just like Porsche along with Lamborghini when one of them is missing it leads to a hole not being filled.

Everybody wants their particular car and brand. And for me its always been Ferrari. I played a lot of racing games without Ferrari and it comes to my mind at times I wish Ferraris were in this game like GT2, GT3, GT4, Toca Race Driver, NFS most wanted, shift 2 unleashed, Dirt Rally( there were a few Ferrari rally cars) etc.

Last edited:
Remember the Porsche debacle?? Im talking about brands. Ferrari is a big brand just like Porsche along with Lamborghini when one of them is missing it leads to a hole not being filled.
I suppose I could agree with that. Like how it still felt weird in Gran Turismo 5 and Gran Turismo 6 that we had Ferrari and Lamborghini, but not Porsche. But I wonder which models you'd personally like to have? Here are my picks:

-Returning from Heat:
458 Italia
488 GTB
F40
LaFerrari
Testarossa

-Other models:
F50
360 Modena
812 Superfast
F8 Tributo
308 GTB