Should GT6 be a 2-disc game?

• Thread starter mixumus
  • 53 comments
United States
Louisiana
DSC-VipersVenom
GT 2 nailed the genre with a smart choice putting all the massive amount of tuning,and cars,and career action to the full extent of the Playstation 1 disc,while putting arcade on the other one,with this same thought GT6 could be massively bigger off the jump..with DLC to add more later..what are your thoughts?

I don't think so either, mainly because GT5 didn't even fill the capacity of the double layered bluray discs.

GT2, like FM4, had to have two discs simply because there is insufficient space in their respective discs.

Plus I find it annoying when im playing GT2 career that in order to play arcade I have to change.

No I like it all on one disc and as stated they never filled a blue ray with GT5.

GT 2 nailed the genre with a smart choice putting all the massive amount of tuning,and cars,and career action to the full extent of the Playstation 1 disc,while putting arcade on the other one,with this same thought GT6 could be massively bigger off the jump..with DLC to add more later..what are your thoughts?
I think you don't know much about Blurays.

my guess he wants every car ever made.
And I want a disc for every single car.

Last edited:
Two Blu-ray discs? That would be a massive game! Just to give a little perspective, one (single layered) disc can have 25 GB of data, while a double layered can have 50 GB. Will GT6 exceed that? Probably not, but just in case, there's also a 100/128 GB BDXL-disc.

My guess would be one disk for the full game.

I don't trust optical storage devices anyway, we better go back to the floppy disks - magnetism for the win!

The ED floppies had up to 3.5MB space, following only about 7300 floppy disks would be needed for 25gig. Although dual layer BD with 50gig are pretty much standard now.

Last edited:
mixumus

You make my head hurt.

The only reason to have multiple discs is that you have more content than can fit onto one disc. PD can't produce that much content in a decade's time. They spent half a decade producing 220+ cars and a handful of tracks, which comes nowhere near filling a Blu-ray disc.

Then you mention DLC. PD are not DLC people. I played GT5 for maybe half a year from release through spring of 2011, in which time no real DLC had appeared beyond some patches for stuff like rolling starts, PP, and outfits. By that time we never even had mid-race saves or cockpits for Standard cars yet, let alone car or track DLC. They eventually had a bit, but not much and too late for most early adopters who generally left the game by then, and basically nobody is going to dust off a game they left behind just for a bit of DLC.

Why? We live in an age where there blueray is an affordable option. Multi-disc games and other media was always a product of a lack of technology/optical space.

imo we should really never see multi-discs again, especially as we move more and more into the digital age.

Naa it will be on one double blu ray disc. It can hold it. L.A Noir (spelling?) on the Xbox 360 (dont hate me for saying the X word haha) came on 3 discs. Reason being because they are DVD discs. Where as one Ps3 it only came on one Bluray. I didnt like having to swap discs for arcade on Gt2 either.

Split a bluray in half and gt5 still fits in.

Though it'd be nice to have a second one in the most expensive version of the game, including lots of car related content (videos, pictures, races, series, etc). A true gt6 museum.

I don't trust optical storage devices anyway, we better go back to the floppy disks - magnetism for the win!

The ED floppies had up to 3.5MB space, following only about 7300 floppy disks would be needed for 25gig. Although dual layer BD with 50gig are pretty much standard now.

Or a well sized hub for a few thousand 8mb PS2 memory cards.

:lol:

Yeah mate, you must know it'd be a great way to get rid of all those gazillions of 8mb PS2 memory cards Sony still has in storage.
I don't expect the hub to be bigger than a sofa anyway.

Although we'd have to take into account that all those thousands of memory cards would need to be in the absolute correct order. If you forget to number them and pull them out, HA! Enjoy the puzzle! For free!!! 👍

EDIT: IT'S A FEATURE!!!! IT'S A 🤬 FEATURE!!!

you guys understand that allot of the content on the disk is compressed right XD ?
Nope, 50gig ain't enough.

Split a bluray in half and gt5 still fits in.

Though it'd be nice to have a second one in the most expensive version of the game, including lots of car related content (videos, pictures, races, series, etc). A true gt6 museum.

Thank you,u the only one that gets the point..more content spread out..and I'm glad I was having a conversion with people that made video games and they made it on blue-ray disc...space is not the issue..it's the originality of it all..

Back