Should GT6 include cockpit view when 95% of players don't use it?

• Thread starter Natino64
  • 482 comments
Natino64
Natino64
GRID 2 is ditching cockpit view, because according to Codemaster's research, 95% of players don't use it, preferring 3rd person or bonnet camera angles.

With this in mind, should PD "waste" development time by adding cockpit views to their new cars? Or should they focus on other things that everybody will use?

Personally, whilst I stick to bonnet view (I'm not looking at my dashboard when I drive in real life, haha) I feel the cars have a more "complete" feeling to them when they have the option of cockpit view, even though I don't use it that much. The only time I do use it is when I'm taking a leisurely Sunday drive around a track, haha :)

Thoughts?

EDIT: 95% of players don't use cockpit views, source:

http://community.codemasters.com/t5...e-Producer/m-p/17778/message-uid/17778#U17778

Last edited:
GT6 will include interior views. No way PD will ditch those. A series which is more sim than any other console game must include interior views.

I only use interior views so if for some obscene decision-making they were to be dropped I would be gutted. They will be included so I am not worrying.

Around 1% of users use a wheel too.
Maybe ditch that.

Glad to see Codies openly admit to sticking the finger up to 5%.
Very honest of them.

GT6 will include interior views. No way PD will ditch those. A series which is more sim than any other console game must include interior views.

I only use interior views so if for some obscene decision-making they were to be dropped I would be gutted. They will be included so I am not worrying.

This.

Imagine how easy it'll be for PD to make cars and their interiors being covered black. Will not like that, you can still see it but can't go in it with the driver. That could get annoying somewhat. :P

I had to laugh when I read that about GRiD 2.
"How can we justify paring off features to focus on Dudebro?" Statistics!

Oh, Codies, to think you made TOCA 2.

PD need to do the exact opposite: start catering for more of the 1%-ers in more ways. Give people the ability to craft their own experience, and your game could last forever.

Cockpit view is an absolute must. There is no way a game can be described as a sim if it lacks a cockpit view. I was getting excited, thinking that grid 2 would be great, now I'm feeling resigned to the fact it won't be.

I A-L-W-A-Y-S use cockpit view, for drifting, for racing, for everything, but to that supposed 95%, maybe they would use interior views more often if all games had the detail of a GT premium car

They should add more options to the camera view (height, zoom, position), the option to disable driver hands or even driver hands and steering wheel altogether. And add a simulation mode where cockpit view is the only camera available. Also improve rain drops on windshield, it looks a bad in GT5.

More players would use it this way.

I A-L-W-A-Y-S use cockpit view, for drifting, for racing, for everything, but to that supposed 95%, maybe they would use interior views more often if all games had the detail of a GT premium car

Found it hard with Drifting due to side ways movement but no sideways head movement, thats why i like helmet veiw in shift 2

Yeah! Let's ditch those 2-3 (could be even more) months of hard work making GT5 premium cars cockpits!

So the answer is yes, it WILL have them. :dopey:

For a game such as GRID I don't think cockpit view is a necessity, since the racing is more important than the cars. In a game like Gran Turismo however, where the history and detail of each car is as important as the racing itself, the disposing of cockpit view would receive massive backlash. So GT6 should and probably will include cockpit view.

Count me as the 5%. If GT6 doesn't have interior views I will not buy it.

If GT6 doesn't have cockpit view, I will have to result in retreating to a corner in a far away dark room and reducing myself to a trembling, crying mess.

Then after a few days or so, I'll get back up and play the game. Crying.

My thoughts are: how do threads like these even receive serious comments?

Kaz stated premium cars are a glimpse into the future of GT. So should we expect the cockpit to be removed?

95% of gamers don't use cockpit view in GT5? Great made-up source! Excellent reporting. :(

Last edited:
Apparently a lot of you have misinterpreted the 95% part of the post. Let us do some bold print...

GRID 2 is ditching cockpit view, because according to Codemaster's research, 95% of players don't use it, preferring 3rd person or bonnet camera angles.

💡

I do believe this research only applied to Codemaster's games, specifically, GRID.

EliteDreamer
I do believe this research only applied to Codemaster's games, specifically, GRID.

No way has he found 100 people still playing the game lol.

I don't think it had to be people who were currently playing the game. :lol: Maybe they looked around their forums.

I think they should.
I never use it when driving, but when I am just cruising around or a car looks really god from the inside (Ferrari P4), I will use it in practice mode.
I also always use it when driving a Samba.

CorvetteConquer
My thoughts are: how do threads like these even receive serious comments?

Kaz stated premium cars are a glimpse into the future of GT. So should we expect the cockpit to be removed?

95% of gamers don't use cockpit view in GT5? Great made-up source! Excellent reporting. :(

Calm the bap. All threads should be considered due to the fact that we know nothing about GT6 yet, and as such all posts can be considered theoretical, and nothing more. This is one of those threads.

Also, "made up reporting" indeed. Because you asked so nicely, here's your source!

95% of players don't use cockpit view source:

http://community.codemasters.com/t5...e-Producer/m-p/17778/message-uid/17778#U17778

Calm the bap. All threads should be considered due to the fact that we know nothing about GT6 yet, and as such all posts can be considered theoretical, and nothing more. This is one of those threads.

Also, "made up reporting" indeed. Because you asked so nicely, here's your source!

95% of players don't use cockpit view source:

More bold time:
That source only talks about GRID.

You CAN'T say that 95% of GT players don't use it just because 95% of GRID players don't use it.

Back