Should I Buy Ride 3 or find another Game?PS4 

United States
United States
I am debating whether to upgrade from Ride 2 to Ride 3. I was greatly disappointed with the miserable graphics in Ride 2, and the difficulty using the PS4 controller to handle and steer the bikes. Would love the ability to use the built in motion sensors on the PS4 controller to handle the bikes would be awfully nice. Any thoughts or suggestions in regards to upgrading to Ride 3 or finding another similar game would be appreciated.

Thanks for the info and reply.
Sorry for late reply, but i just got ride3 a week ago or less,and i had ride1 which i enjoyed but of course far from perfect. But ride3 for me is amazingly good. Much nicer graphics, clean mostly, smooth, sounds, controls and feel. Even load times are good. In ride 1 i couldn't care much for many bikes except the bigger sportier bikes but in 3 all that i tried feel and sound nice and enjoyable, i wrote many detailed impressions in the ride 3 thread if ever you need more. I'm on standard ps4. I do like challenging realistic styled games..

Last edited:
Sorry for late reply, but i just got ride3 a week ago or less,and i had ride1 which i enjoyed but of course far from perfect. But ride3 for me is amazingly good. Much nicer graphics, clean mostly, smooth, sounds, controls and feel. Even load times are good. In ride 1 i couldn't care much for many bikes except the bigger sportier bikes but in 3 all that i tried feel and sound nice and enjoyable, i wrote many detailed impressions in the ride 3 thread if ever you need more. I'm on standard ps4. I do like challenging realistic styled games..

Thanks for the reply. Bought Ride3 about 3 weeks ago. Yes the graphics are better; but still the joysticks are way too sensitive making the bike very hard to control in sharp corners. For the time being I have given up trying to master Ride3 since it is no fun crashing over half the time in sharp corners.

Well i admit there's a limit on what can be done with a short small sensitive joystick yeah. I feel they did an admirable job for a realistic style game with a complex thing to control such as a bike and rider with a joystick, but it be alot smoother with a wheel let's say. I tried it with driveclub bikes, works well even though its not suited for it cause it's so arcade. Plus you don't have to use ur right thumb to control many things at the same time,since u can use the pedals too. It seems silly but if you set the wheel lock to a small degree it simulates a little how u move in a bike even, like leaning when turning. Plus you would feel the bike better in your hands like a physical thing, could have ffb for it too. I dont know why they don't support it, maybe its just because it's not worth it for them.
You can try upgrade the steering so you can adjust for longer rake and trail in the setups. It should make the turning less sensitive if works as should. But i think only some bikes allow that. Also some bikes are much easier than others even if they are more sporty.
Also if you use the helmet view it feels less twitchy when you tuck-in, and you have better control in turns, but it is harder to see the whole track in corners tucked-in.
Edit: since i tried 3rd person now, it's much easier and less sensitive, you can control your line much much more easily.

Last edited:
Well i admit there's a limit on what can be done with a short small sensitive joystick yeah. I feel they did an admirable job for a realistic style game with a complex thing to control such as a bike and rider with a joystick, but it be alot smoother with a wheel let's say. I tried it with driveclub bikes, works well even though its not suited for it cause it's so arcade. Plus you don't have to use ur right thumb to control many things at the same time,since u can use the pedals too. It seems silly but if you set the wheel lock to a small degree it simulates a little how u move in a bike even, like leaning when turning. Plus you would feel the bike better in your hands like a physical thing, could have ffb for it too. I dont know why they don't support it, maybe its just because it's not worth it for them.
You can try upgrade the steering so you can adjust for longer rake and trail in the setups. It should make the turning less sensitive if works as should. But i think only some bikes allow that. Also some bikes are much easier than others even if they are more sporty.
Also if you use the helmet view it feels less twitchy when you tuck-in, and you have better control in turns, but it is harder to see the whole track in corners tucked-in.

Thanks for the info and advice.

Welcome, sorry if it's no help. It helps to be really smooth gentle on the throttle and brake especially in low speed corners so to not destabilize your steering. Also on a motorbike you need to know the road you're riding on if you intend to go fast, because you need to commit to your line cause it's not so easy to change it without destabilizing your ride. Also it's easier to lean less and adjust leaning a little more if need than to turn too much and have to up your leaning or change side leaning to correct your line, it's not easy for a bike to do that as a car and destabilizes it and takes time also to change your leaning correction to less then more again, cause of the inertia amd you having to push the weight of the bike around etc. Just thought i'd mention it in case it helps anyone. The yam yzf r6 1999 is one of the nicest i tried up to now to control.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back