RIDE 3

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by DarthMosco, May 16, 2018.

1. DarthMosco

DarthMosco

Ride 3 is coming

2. Oh wow this is great news.

John Wells likes this.
  3. MidFieldMaven

MidFieldMaven

They need more sub-400cc bikes like my CBR 300R (PLEASE PLEEEEEEEASE) and the loading times need to be significantly shortened for me to make the purchase. I bought Ride 1 when it was on sale for $10, then spent I think $40-50 on Ride 2. I only put 5-10 hours into the game so I don't think I'll buy Ride 3 for that much.

4. er185es

er185es

Ducati Panigale V4 trailer version

Cadwell Park confirmed at 0:28

5. John Wells

John Wells Premium

Looks good still playing Ride 2:D

6. Silver Arrows

Silver Arrows Premium

If they don't have any pre-1980 bikes, instead substituting them for pre-built cafe racers, then why bother?

Frankly, like every other Milestone game, I remain unconvinced. They like to bring stuff that is very much rarely seen in the genre - but their actual titles are not often that fun, feeling like missed opportunities.

mjm23race, Wolfe and MidFieldMaven like this.
  7. Wolfe

Wolfe Premium

I'm wary as well, but given that I've skipped Ride 2 and also Gravel so far, I feel like I could give this a chance. I couldn't refuse if they happen to include my EX250F or the EX250J this time. I would think they're too popular to ignore, but I'm biased.

8. Ryanswannell

Ryanswannell

Personally I love Ride 2.
    If they could improve the sounds and add a few more tracks along with some more of the smaller capacity bikes I'd be more than happy to purchase the game.

9. Crazy Taylor

Crazy Taylor Premium

Releasing in November may be a hard sell, depending when other games get released.

10. Populuxe Cowboy

Populuxe Cowboy Premium

I haven't played the previous games, but I think it's time I gave it a try.

11. Sureboss

Sureboss Premium

I really liked Ride 2, the NorthWest 200 is on at the moment, so I'll be giving the NW200 track a go later on.

I'll be getting Ride 3.

sirjim73, MidnightRush, VXR and 3 others like this.
  12. pez2k

pez2k

Ride 2 had a shocking amount of on-disc DLC which really puts me off this time around, but then again Cadwell and the V4 go a long way towards changing my mind.

blackjack and HarlemG27 like this.
  13. Kobhalt

Kobhalt

Open road maybe? i'll love to cruise with SM bike or powerfull trails

HarlemG27 likes this.
  14. Wolfe

Wolfe Premium

That crossed my mind but I'm sure that's reading too much into the backdrops in the trailer. An open world motorcycle sim would be revolutionary like Forza Horizon was!

Populuxe Cowboy likes this.
  15. Ryanswannell

Ryanswannell

The official page on Facebook stated there's no free roam unfortunately.

sirjim73, VXR and HarlemG27 like this.
  16. Wolfe

Wolfe Premium

No surprise.

I do like the apparent emphasis given to the road/street tracks, and it seems Mulholland Drive is one new addition.

PAPPACLART likes this.
  17. Ryanswannell

Ryanswannell

Looks like Cadwell Park is in as well, a fantastic track :tup:.

John Wells and Wolfe like this.
  18. derekspeare

derekspeare Site Sponsor

VR for PC?

19. HarlemG27

HarlemG27

I bought ride 2 in March and find nothing wrong with it (old school gamer ftw), so its safe to say I'll wait till it's on sale. Looks like it's gonna be a sweet title though..

20. blackjack

blackjack

Agreed. If you were able to obtain all the bikes through enough playtime/grinding instead of Micro-transactions (much like the weapon system in Far Cry 5) I would even consider pre-ordering.

John Wells likes this.
  21. letsdothis97

letsdothis97

Really enjoyed Ride 2 around this time last year and was basically the game that got me into bikes. The selection was crazy with how large it is and it was nice learning about all these bikes that I had no idea about previously. Hope this one can match that feeling of learning about all these new bikes.

22. Wolfe

Wolfe Premium

Funny what kind of effect a sim that actually dares to model street bikes can have. I have Tourist Trophy to thank for inspiring me to get my M certification and Ninja.

23. Griffith500

Griffith500

Well this is almost a guaranteed purchase for me. I hope they model Cadwell Park better than they did Donington Park. Will have to see how my lap times compare :D

I'm seeing a bit of model variation in the trailer alone:

KTM 450 SM-R - SuperMoto
    Triumph Speed Triple - Sporty Roadster (weirdly it's some tarted up version of the 2011-2015 model, there have been two significant updates since then)
    Aprilia Tuono V4 - Streetfighter (again, the original 1000 cc model)
    BMW S1000XR - Sports Tourer
    Moto Guzzi V9 Bobber - Cruiser / Roadster (well, it's a "bobber", duh)
    Ducati Panigale V4 - Super-Duper Sport
    Ducati 996 - World Super Bike

The first game was mostly sports bikes, but the second game added a few more genres, so this could be very promising. Granted, only one in my list above isn't particularly sporty...

sirjim73, John Wells, VXR and 2 others like this.
  24. Populuxe Cowboy

Populuxe Cowboy Premium

And yet that's the one I most want.

25. imported_rik19

imported_rik19

Should look better with the unreal engine than the last two, just wish the bikes had more of a powerful feel to them and turned quicker etc...oh well lets see what they do this time..:)

26. Griffith500

Griffith500

They have some work to do with the player feedback, but the second game was already an improvement.

The "steering" speed is a simple product of physics - you cannot go around a corner until you've leaned into it, and the bike will only lean over as fast as you can turn the front wheel out from under it, which is limited by grip and influenced by gyroscopic forces etc. I think, in order to better guarantee stability / controllability, the maximum rate of lean angle change is capped in the previous games - it's not so bad at normal speeds, but does hurt slow corners / chicanes a bit (until the self-correction suddenly steers the bike into the corner to keep it from falling over).

I think overall a bit less active damping from the input AI will help liven it up a bit, but the controls and camera / animations need to be absolutely crisp at the same time as deeply expressive to mean that feedback is crystal clear. No mean feat.

I like the Roamer myself :)

27. letsdothis97

letsdothis97

Yeah, its like the bike version of assetto corsa for me(if you overlook ACs total lack of customisation). Having a reasonably close adaption of these vehicles in track setups and street setups is great. People love driving their dream vehicles whether thats a porsche 911 or a kawasaki H2 ninja.

Griffith500 likes this.
  28. Im_Lukas

Im_Lukas

Ride3PO.jpg

The preorder bikes are pretty cool, the Honda and Suzuki have both been in RIDE games before, not 100% on the Ducati but I think that's new to the series as well as that custom S1000RR which looks fun.

Here is what is written on the preorder page from GAME:

I think RIDE 2 is already a fantastic game so seeing all these improvements leaves this game as my most hyped for this year and a definite preorder, hopefully they do a good job with the reworked AI and physics as they are probably the most criticised aspects from what I've seen. Nice to see they have some more manufacturers on board, I can't think of any major ones they were missing off the top of my head but it's always good to see some more variation. "30 classic race tracks" leaves me a little concerned as RIDE 2 had 30 tracks if you included the drag strips, and we already know there are some new tracks coming, I just hope they don't remove the older fantasy tracks which are some of my favourites (Stelvio, Kanto Temples, Sierra Nevada). Will be interesting to see how in depth that livery editor will be as they seem to come in all shapes and sizes.

29. er185es

er185es

30. That's odd, I can't find that video in their uploads sections.