should i get a xbox 1 with FM5? (few questions)

Guatemala
Usa
Hello.

Well im in a quite desparte mood to get a new racegame that include all my needs.
A game with some awesome cars , FM5 has some awesome BMW M models wich GT6 doesnt have and some other new cars that GT6 lack on.
A game with good custimisation , GT6 does has some but no engins/drivetrain swaps , also AC and PC doesnt have any. also i saw you can almost make alomst every livery you want in FM5

Also some good physics , not ultra realistic but also no NFS-go-around-the-corner-with-400000kmh-stuff
What other game comes close to the physics that FM5 has?

And some nice graphics.

dont get me wrong i really liked GT5 and GT6 but since i got a ps4 i just cant stand the DS3 controller anymore , ive become so addicted to the DS4 , since i got the ps4 the DS3 just feels wrong.

I got driveclub but theres is no custimaztion and also no reallife tracks , but it looks really good and there some awesome cars in it but its not the game im looking for.

Project cars doesnt feel right for me and also no custimaztion so thats a instant no-go for me.

And AC also no custimaztion so yeah and a bit too realistic for me

so ive become to the conclusion (from the videos ive seen) that FM5 is my only option , it got what i think everything i want , yesterday i saw theres also drag racing in it , alot of custimaztion , you got the top gear test track where u can fool around in online. I think FM5 is also more fun-based compared to the other racegames

Is it really that good what i think it is? btw theres only 1 thing im a bit worried about and that is the controller.

The DS4 controller feels perfect for me , are there players here that got both the ps4 and X1 and what do they think of the controllers?

Also i saw theres quite some DLC out for FM5 , so if i get that VIP/Season pass , do i get all those DLC apart from some day 1 dlc if i remember correctly?

thanks

I've been playing Forza Motorsport 5 for the past few weeks and I would highly recommend it to any racing game fan. I've never used a DS4 controller but the Xbox One Controller feels much better than a DS3 in my opinion.

Judging by your taste, Forza Motorsport 5 sounds like the right game for you. Car customisation is superior to GT6 in many aspects as there are many more upgradable elements. You can also do drivetrain swaps, install a new engine and aspiration conversions. In terms of bodywork, the selection varies but you can fit an adjustable front splitter and rear wing to almost any road car. The livery editor is probably the best out there and you can download designs shared by other users.

Physics wise, Forza Motorsport 5 is the right balance between fun and realism - I can't name any other games with similar physics at the top of my head right now but it is far from a hardcore simulation but still feels authentic enough. Beware of the 'simulation' steering setting while using a controller, it is extremely twitchy so you would be better off using 'normal' unassisted steering.

Just so you know, Forza Motorsport 6 is around the corner so any DLC you purchase is a wasted investment unless...

a) You don't plan on buying Forza Motorsport 6
b) You want to stack up on your Forza Rewards.

If you insist on purchasing the Car Pass, you will be entitled to download every monthly car pack until July 2014.

You may as well wait till FM6 now, it's only two months away 👍
I agree with this. Don't worry about F5 at this point unless it comes free with your X1. F5 was their first attempt this generation and was fairly watered down and is not finished. Just wait and get F6. It should be a much better representation of how Forza should be on the X1.

If you do end up getting the X1, get the console with at least 1TB of storage. I would also recommend Forza Horizon 2 for some off road, night, weather racing. This leans a little more on the arcade side but still has a lot of customization.

Last edited:
Definitely get FM5 with your Xbox 1. Doesn't matter that FM6 is coming out soon. Still a brilliant game and as CamaroBoy69 suggested, also get FH2. Some amazing rides there which you don't get in FM5 (and vice versa) Plus the added bonus of night driving and weather.

Hello.

Well im in a quite desparte mood to get a new racegame that include all my needs.
A game with some awesome cars , FM5 has some awesome BMW M models wich GT6 doesnt have and some other new cars that GT6 lack on.
A game with good custimisation , GT6 does has some but no engins/drivetrain swaps , also AC and PC doesnt have any. also i saw you can almost make alomst every livery you want in FM5

Also some good physics , not ultra realistic but also no NFS-go-around-the-corner-with-400000kmh-stuff
What other game comes close to the physics that FM5 has?

And some nice graphics.

dont get me wrong i really liked GT5 and GT6 but since i got a ps4 i just cant stand the DS3 controller anymore , ive become so addicted to the DS4 , since i got the ps4 the DS3 just feels wrong.

I got driveclub but theres is no custimaztion and also no reallife tracks , but it looks really good and there some awesome cars in it but its not the game im looking for.

Project cars doesnt feel right for me and also no custimaztion so thats a instant no-go for me.

And AC also no custimaztion so yeah and a bit too realistic for me

so ive become to the conclusion (from the videos ive seen) that FM5 is my only option , it got what i think everything i want , yesterday i saw theres also drag racing in it , alot of custimaztion , you got the top gear test track where u can fool around in online. I think FM5 is also more fun-based compared to the other racegames

Is it really that good what i think it is? btw theres only 1 thing im a bit worried about and that is the controller.

The DS4 controller feels perfect for me , are there players here that got both the ps4 and X1 and what do they think of the controllers?

Also i saw theres quite some DLC out for FM5 , so if i get that VIP/Season pass , do i get all those DLC apart from some day 1 dlc if i remember correctly?

thanks

Get both FM5 and Horizon 2 especially, the sheer stuff to do in the game is insane. FM6 may not have some tracks featured in FM5 (not entirely sure about that) and some cars that may not make it to FM6. I say keep both in your collection. If you appreciated GT for realistic driving, you will love Forza.

I've been playing Forza Motorsport 5 for the past few weeks and I would highly recommend it to any racing game fan. I've never used a DS4 controller but the Xbox One Controller feels much better than a DS3 in my opinion.

Judging by your taste, Forza Motorsport 5 sounds like the right game for you. Car customisation is superior to GT6 in many aspects as there are many more upgradable elements. You can also do drivetrain swaps, install a new engine and aspiration conversions. In terms of bodywork, the selection varies but you can fit an adjustable front splitter and rear wing to almost any road car. The livery editor is probably the best out there and you can download designs shared by other users.

Physics wise, Forza Motorsport 5 is the right balance between fun and realism - I can't name any other games with similar physics at the top of my head right now but it is far from a hardcore simulation but still feels authentic enough. Beware of the 'simulation' steering setting while using a controller, it is extremely twitchy so you would be better off using 'normal' unassisted steering.

Just so you know, Forza Motorsport 6 is around the corner so any DLC you purchase is a wasted investment unless...

a) You don't plan on buying Forza Motorsport 6
b) You want to stack up on your Forza Rewards.

If you insist on purchasing the Car Pass, you will be entitled to download every monthly car pack until July 2014.

I just wanted to add here that steering on a controller is assisted no matter what you do - only difference is the counter-steering is unassisted on SIM. Personally speaking, normal feels more natural, however you have to appreciate the challenge that comes with SIM. Yes, it is twitchy, but with a fair amount of practice and enough experience driving different cars in the game, you can tame it.

Yeah ive made the dissision , in a month orso (when i get my first paycheck :P) ill get the xbox 1 with FM5 and gonna wait with the dlc , also for me theres no need to get the 1tb , im not that of a game collector , i useally play only a few games.

thanks for the tips

Will be interesting to see how you find it. I found it horrible to drive compared to pCARS and Assetto Corsa. Also much prefer the DS4 over the Xbox One controller, can be more precise with it IMO.

Yeah ive made the dissision , in a month orso (when i get my first paycheck :P) ill get the xbox 1 with FM5 and gonna wait with the dlc , also for me theres no need to get the 1tb , im not that of a game collector , i useally play only a few games.

thanks for the tips
I mentioned the 1TB hd because 500 gb fills up REALLY fast with X1 games. Some games are 70-80gb each. Only takes a hand full of games to hit 500 gb. Plus you don't truly even start with 500gb because of system files. The X1 is also now backward compatible for Free. So you might find some games you wanted to play from the 360 to download to the X1.

I mentioned the 1TB hd because 500 gb fills up REALLY fast with X1 games. Some games are 70-80gb each. Only takes a hand full of games to hit 500 gb. Plus you don't truly even start with 500gb because of system files. The X1 is also now backward compatible for Free. So you might find some games you wanted to play from the 360 to download to the X1.

It does fill up fast. One option is get the 500gb version and get a usb 3.0 external drive for additional gable storage. I saw a 3TB HD for under $90 on new egg last week.

It does fill up fast. One option is get the 500gb version and get a usb 3.0 external drive for additional gable storage. I saw a 3TB HD for under $90 on new egg last week.
Yes also very true. I picked up a 2TB external hd at BB for $89.99 (discussed in this thread) and love it. So to get a 3tb for that price is indeed a very good deal.

Amazon and Walmart are having some sort of selling war so who knows, you might be able to find an even better deal today.

Yes, you should. It plays very well with a controller, however, to fully experience the game as it was intended, buy a steering wheel. Trust me it's well worth it, especially since there is an abundance of games where a wheel will enhance the experience.

You could probably pick up a download code for FM5 on eBay dirt cheap, so I would recommend that you do that before jumping into FM6 in September. Also, get FH2, it's incredibly fun

^^ Yes, the X360 controller is better designed IMO. @BoneSawTX

@johanhummer9 As @LordHernan puts it, a wheel can transform the experience, as it gives you so many more degrees of range and movement, adding insurmountable depth to the experience.

PCARS is another game which I hear (and see judging from Tube vids) gets transformed with a wheel.

Forgot to answer the control part, I found it much better than the DS4. Also found the 360 controller more comfortable

^^ Yes, the X360 controller is better designed IMO. @BoneSawTX
I agree. The 360 controller still to this day is THE best controller I have ever used. Felt the most ergonomic to me.

For the X1 controller they just released a brand new bumper design at E3 that will replace ALL current X1 controllers. The bumpers are supposed to be much easier to click anywhere you press. Currently the X1 bumpers work on a hinge design. So the further toward the top you press, the harder they are to press. That design is now obsolete after E3 2015. Now anywhere you click on the bumpers, it will be easy to press and require the same pressure.

I agree. The 360 controller still to this day is THE best controller I have ever used. Felt the most ergonomic to me.

For the X1 controller they just released a brand new bumper design at E3 that will replace ALL current X1 controllers. The bumpers are supposed to be much easier to click anywhere you press. Currently the X1 bumpers work on a hinge design. So the further toward the top you press, the harder they are to press. That design is now obsolete after E3 2015. Now anywhere you click on the bumpers, it will be easy to press and require the same pressure.

Hmm, I might get the July-updated controller then, especially since it has a jack for hooking up earphones.

I wonder if you can get the X360 controller to sync with an X1. :lol:

Related: how I miss my X360 days. Enough is enough.. I'm hooking it up this weekend. :lol::lol:

Hmm, I might get the July-updated controller then, especially since it has a jack for hooking up earphones.

I wonder if you can get the X360 controller to sync with an X1. :lol:

Related: how I miss my X360 days. Enough is enough.. I'm hooking it up this weekend. :lol::lol:
Oh yeah I forgot it also has that new ear phone jack as well.

Nope wont sync.

I still play my 360. In fact I just had a lan party with my nephews over the 4th of July holiday weekend. We had 3 x1's, 3 360's, and 3 tvs sitting side by side and playing online. My gaming setup in my sig is absolutely perfect for 3 or 4 people. We all played both systems online the entire weekend. Absolute blast. :cheers:

I still love the 360 and I don't have any plans to get rid of it. I am also very glad the X1 backward compatibility with the 360 has worked as well as it does. Been loving that feature and I am looking forward to the expanding BC library. :D

Oh yeah I forgot it also has that new ear phone jack as well.

Nope wont sync.

I still play my 360. In fact I just had a lan party with my nephews over the 4th of July holiday weekend. We had 3 x1's, 3 360's, and 3 tvs sitting side by side and playing online. My gaming setup in my sig is absolutely perfect for 3 or 4 people. We all played both systems online the entire weekend. Absolute blast. :cheers:

I still love the 360 and I don't have any plans to get rid of it. I am also very glad the X1 backward compatibility with the 360 has worked as well as it does. Been loving that feature and I am looking forward to the expanding BC library. :D

It sounds like you peeps had an absolute blast too. :D

I'm actually considering updating my X360 library. Can you download games for free? Or do you need to have a purchased physical copy so that the X1 lets you download the same? I'm guessing the latter.

Aa'seen your setup in the signature, it is... wicked! 👍👍

It sounds like you peeps had an absolute blast too. :D

I'm actually considering updating my X360 library. Can you download games for free? Or do you need to have a purchased physical copy so that the X1 lets you download the same? I'm guessing the latter.

Aa'seen your setup in the signature, it is... wicked! 👍👍
Yes it was honestly one of the best times I have had gaming in a long time. Will be doing it again in a couple months this time my brother will join. So we will have 4 people. :D

If you have already purchased the BC 360 game digitally then it will already be available on your X1 in the "my games" go to the right "ready to install" section to download again....FREE! If you have the physical BC 360 disc, you just put it into your X1 and it will install to the HD. FREE!

If you don't own the BC 360 game then you can buy it digitally and install it to the X1, OR you can buy the disc. I have personally just been getting the games digitally. So far these are the BC 360 games I have for the X1.
  1. Kameo
  2. Viva Pinata
  3. Viva Pinata TIP
  4. Zuma
  5. Hexic
  6. N+.
  7. A kingdom for keflings
Thank you about my gaming setup. :)

Yes it was honestly one of the best times I have had gaming in a long time. Will be doing it again in a couple months this time my brother will join. So we will have 4 people. :D

If you have already purchased the BC 360 game digitally then it will already be available on your X1 in the "my games" go to the right "ready to install" section to download again....FREE! If you have the physical BC 360 disc, you just put it into your X1 and it will install to the HD. FREE!

If you don't own the BC 360 game then you can buy it digitally and install it to the X1, OR you can buy the disc. I have personally just been getting the games digitally. So far these are the BC 360 games I have for the X1.
  1. Kameo
  2. Viva Pinata
  3. Viva Pinata TIP
  4. Zuma
  5. Hexic
  6. N+.
  7. A kingdom for keflings
Thank you about my gaming setup. :)

Sweet deal. 👍

Bit of a letdown. Thought almost all games were backward compatible... signature ones like TR, GOW, Bioshock, Forza etc.

No biggie though...always got the X360 *I pet it.. and it purrs*
It just started. That's why it says "beta". There will be 100 by fall and many more will continue to follow.

Last edited:
thanks everyone for the info.

I know alot of people saying a wheel gives you a better experience , but for some reason i like a controller better, ive played some games with a wheel but i prefer a controller.

anyway thanks all

Bit of a letdown. Thought almost all games were backward compatible... signature ones like TR, GOW, Bioshock, Forza etc.

No biggie though...always got the X360 *I pet it.. and it purrs*
The feature is not even launched for public use yet.

The feature is not even launched for public use yet.
For the most part it actually is. All you need is an invite to the preview program. I have been playing bc games for well over a month and a half (Since June 2015) and so have millions of others.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...tible-list-beta-stage-about-32-so-far.330343/

http://news.xbox.com/2015/08/gamescom-xbox-unveils-more-of-greatest-games-lineup

• Since the announcement of Xbox One Backward Compatibility at E3 2015, fans have cast over 3 million total votes on Xbox Feedback for the Xbox 360 titles they’d like to play on Xbox One.
  • Xbox One preview members have logged more than 83 years playing Xbox 360 backward-compatible titles on Xbox One.
Also ANYONE that owns Rare Replay can be playing at least 8 BC games right now.
Again, all you need is a preview program invite and you can be playing BC games today. ;)

For the most part it actually is. All you need is an invite to the preview program. I have been playing bc games for well over a month and a half (Since June 2015) and so have millions of others.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...tible-list-beta-stage-about-32-so-far.330343/

http://news.xbox.com/2015/08/gamescom-xbox-unveils-more-of-greatest-games-lineup

• Since the announcement of Xbox One Backward Compatibility at E3 2015, fans have cast over 3 million total votes on Xbox Feedback for the Xbox 360 titles they’d like to play on Xbox One.
  • Xbox One preview members have logged more than 83 years playing Xbox 360 backward-compatible titles on Xbox One.
Also ANYONE that owns Rare Replay can be playing at least 8 BC games right now.
Again, all you need is a preview program invite and you can be playing BC games today. ;)
You're confusing public beta testing with actual release. They've promised 100 games this holiday, the preview is nowhere near that number.

You're confusing public beta testing with actual release. They've promised 100 games this holiday, the preview is nowhere near that number.
At the current rate this is expanding, it will be very close to 100 by November. Around 22 are playable in the preview program. Already around 32 confirmed with about 60 guaranteed to be confirmed. And that's just this month. Still a couple more months to go. :)

Current confirmed list so far. 8/5/15

1. A Kingdom for Keflings
2. A World of Keflings
3. Alien Hominid HD
4. Banjo-Kazooie
5. Banjo-Tooie
6. BattleBlock Theater
7. Defense Grid
8. Geometry Wars Evolved
9. Hexic HD
10. Jetpac Refuelled
11. Kameo
12. Mass Effect
13. N+
14. Perfect Dark
15. Perfect Dark Zero
16. Small Arms
17. Super Meat Boy
18. Toy Soldiers
19. Toy Soldiers: Cold War
20. Viva Piñata
21. Viva Piñata: TIP
22. Zuma
23. Gears of War 1
24. Gears of War 2
25. Gears of War 3
26. Gears of War Judgement
27. Geometry Wars 2
28. Mirror's Edge
29. Shadow Complex
30. Worms 2 Armageddon.
31. Burnout Paradise
32. Fallout 3

Potential upcoming BC games (NOT ALL ARE 100% CONFIRMED!!! But very likely)

1. Ghost Recon Future Soldier
  2. Ghost recon Advanced Warfighter 1
  3. Ghost recon Advanced Warfighter 1
  4. Far Cry 3
  5. Fallout 3
  6. Fable 2
  7. BioShock Infinite
  8. Dynasty Warriors
  9. Driver San Francisco
  10. Disney Universe
  11. Defense Grid
  12. Dead Space