X1 xbox one external hard driveXBOne 

CAMAROBOY69

Premium
United States
Michigan
CAMAROBOY69
Any of you purchase an external hd for the X1 yet? I need it for games since mine is full. Looking for different options or opinions. Figure I should at least get 1 or 2 tb.

Any of you purchase an external hd for the X1 yet? I need it for games since mine is full. Looking for different options or opinions. Figure I should at least get 1 or 2 tb.
It now runs with an EHD? Hmm. Interesting future option should I ever reuse my X1.

Any of you purchase an external hd for the X1 yet? I need it for games since mine is full. Looking for different options or opinions. Figure I should at least get 1 or 2 tb
I didn't even know you could get an EHD for the X1. Can't see me ever using one, but good to know all the same

I have 9 games installed and am at 17%, I imagine 2tb to be more than enough space for the average to above average gamer.

Havent hooked it up yet but at least I have it now. Was on sale at BB for $89.99. :D
IMG_20150311_210731.jpg

@CAMAROBOY69 bought the same one and have been loving it..
Go ahead and move EVERTYHING over to it....and also make sure you use your port on the SIDE of the Xbox...only one that has a 3.0 capability

AFAIK you can only play games off a USB 3.0 drive which would make me think if you are able to play stuff from your external @Oso Actual the rear would be 3.0

Yeah, I notice the SS on the rear, so they are definitely 3.0. I thought the side was not 3.0 but since it is, I could use the side one easier with the short USB that came with my HD.

Yeah I got a Seagate 1.5 TB hooked up. Awesome feature from Xbox and much easier than upgrading the PS4.

Okay, so final checklist before getting an external:

* Should be at least 1 TB so as to hold a good 20 to 25 games.
* 7200 RPM for better data streaming
* Read/Write of at least 500 MB/sec

Does it matter if its SSD, ESD or Hybrid? I'll probably get a WD or Seagate. Good enough?

Okay, so final checklist before getting an external:

* Should be at least 1 TB so as to hold a good 20 to 25 games.
* 7200 RPM for better data streaming
* Read/Write of at least 500 MB/sec

Does it matter if its SSD, ESD or Hybrid? I'll probably get a WD or Seagate. Good enough?
Just get the 2tb. Even the 1tb can fill up pretty fast especially with BC by the end of this year.

I just want to bump this for those that have not considered the purchase yet. I HIGHLY recommend getting an external hd.

Friday night my X1 died because it tried to install the NXOE (New Xbox One experience) dashboard and failed. Resulting in complete hardware loss. I bought a new X1 (broken x1 will be sent out for repairs for free). Long painful story short. This external hard drive saved my butt. So after I purchased the new X1 I did not have to re-install any of the games. I simply plugged in the HD, it recognized the games, synced with the cloud. And viola back in business. Without this HD I would have had to re-install every single game all over again. Keep in mind some games are around 80GB.

So if you are still on the fence, I would keep this in mind. The external HD is a wonderful backup plan in case your X1 dies. Will save you many hours.

Back