Should I get more than 4 B-Spec Bobs?

Messages
64
Messages
Sir_Dies_A_Lot_I
Hi all, I was wondering since I'm level 32 in B-spec whether or not if the 9h Tsukuba or the 24h Endurance races require more than 4 drivers to participate. I got a hunch that it might require 6? Would love to know so that I can start training more Bobs in preparation.

Thanks in advance.
 
I have 6 Bobs and since they can retire its probably good to have a full roster.
 
Depends on what car you're using. It sounds like if you use the Formula GranTurismo, it really doesn't matter how many bobs you use, they'll win. I've been running my bob ragged, even after they're out of strength and mental strength, and they really haven't slowed down more than they would if I otherwise leave them alone.

I've been using the 908 HDi FAP and i've been able to have bob run through most races successfully even after they're out of steam, on any of the extreme events, even at lower levels. I was surprised how well bob still drove after he was out of steam. He kept a solid line, and no slower than when he's totally cool, I just never tried pushing him.
 
I run an FGT and I just run one Bob even in the endurance races, he's now a level 35 because he does the racing that four people would.

My advice is just run one if you have a fast enough car and power level the heck out of ole Bob.

check post all about Bobs.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=144626

So, does that mean you did the 24h La Sarthe Endurance? I just wanted to know if the 24h events require you to enter 6 Bobs.

I'm not too worried about the car anyway... I got the Red Bull X1 afterall.:D
 
Oh wait... I'm so slow... I get what you guys are saying now. Just make new Bobs if 6 is required, use an overpowered car, and I don't have to use them. Hah. So simple now that I got the idea.

Thanks everyone.
 
I have 6 Bobs and since they can retire its probably good to have a full roster.

Are you 100% certain about the retiring or is that just something you heard?
 
Are you 100% certain about the retiring or is that just something you heard?

You can choose to retire your B-Spec drivers.
 
Are you 100% certain about the retiring or is that just something you heard?

At your My Home, go to the bottom left where you created your driver. If you select one that is already made, at the bottom of his name, you can choose to retire him.
 
So, does that mean you did the 24h La Sarthe Endurance? I just wanted to know if the 24h events require you to enter 6 Bobs.

I'm not too worried about the car anyway... I got the Red Bull X1 afterall.:D

Haven't done that one yet, I'm like a level 33.
 
Haven't done that one yet, I'm like a level 33.

You should. Although I have to say, it's a bit hard to watch in B-spec. After the Suzuka endurance, all of the other cars the back of the car DESTROYED. A lot of the time, your Bob just rear ends them ridiculously fast. I don't know about the FGT since I still don't have one but the amount of face to rear with the X1 is hard to watch. It's pretty much running with the Red Bull where all the other cars are the people that get gored.
 
You should. Although I have to say, it's a bit hard to watch in B-spec. After the Suzuka endurance, all of the other cars the back of the car DESTROYED. A lot of the time, your Bob just rear ends them ridiculously fast. I don't know about the FGT since I still don't have one but the amount of face to rear with the X1 is hard to watch. It's pretty much running with the Red Bull where all the other cars are the people that get gored.

👍 this made me laugh!
 
When they reach level 50 they die :crazy: you can retire them before this happens :drool:
 
I have 4 and I am level 21 in B spec. one at 18, 3 at about 15. I have to keep running the level 18 since my fastest car is the Zonda/ Toyota 7...he can't beak like the wind at 18.
 
Its like race horses, you don't run them until they die. You need to put your Bob out to stud after so long. You can run one bob though, however they do have a performance drop after they run out of energy - if you are in the fgt, it won't matter massively if you're not watching the live timings like a hawk as he will still be fast

R
 
No point having bobs setup that you dont use, as their career bar will slowly fill up as you do more and more b-spec races even if they don't get used.
 
I started out with Cool Bobs and retired all except the highest level Cool one and have (so far) four Hot ones (which do better when left unattended as they speed up when another car gets close).

My B spec Lv is 21 and my Cool Bob is Class 19, the rest being 11 and under. With a selection of Bobs you can select the best one to use for a race or series (the one with the blue arrow pointing up slightly) as they will not all be in the same state at any one time (or not very likely anyway).
 
Suzuka 1000 with 0 lvl bob. What lvl he will be after that race?
 
I have the full roster all 6 are level 32-33 I just use which ever ones are not orange and everything seems to be going along fine. only have 2 more races to do in B-Spec. Have the level to run one of them but I am not yet ready to let Bob take over my PS3 for a full 24 hours yet.
 
Suzuka 1000 with 0 lvl bob. What lvl he will be after that race?

If my theory about the way the XP is dished out to Bobs is correct, then because Suzuka is a 4 bob race, and you are just entering the one bob, he will get 1418244 exp, which should make him lvl 27. You will just get 354561 exp though. If I'm right that is... :)
 
So, does that mean you did the 24h La Sarthe Endurance? I just wanted to know if the 24h events require you to enter 6 Bobs.

I'm not too worried about the car anyway... I got the Red Bull X1 afterall.:D

Le Mans 24h endurance race is 3 driver like in real life.

You always have the choice to enter less driver I think tho, didnt try it.

I got 6 myself, trying to get some cool names. And it dont bother me to train them so yeah :D
 
If my theory about the way the XP is dished out to Bobs is correct, then because Suzuka is a 4 bob race, and you are just entering the one bob, he will get 1418244 exp, which should make him lvl 27. You will just get 354561 exp though. If I'm right that is... :)
thanks. i am going to write my results in january.
 
Back