Should I upgrade my Fanatec GT3 RS V2?

So I have a Fanatec GT3 RS v2, with clubsport v2 pedals and a raceroom RR3055 cockpit. Haven’t played much in last couple of years but looking to get a PS4 Pro to play GT sport, F1 2018 and project cars 2.

I understand my wheel won’t work with GT sport but I could buy a cronusmax drive hub for about £90 including shipping to make it compatible.

Or I could upgrade - was looking at CSL elite + base with either BMW rim (£532) or P1 elite rim (£426).

Is it a worthwhile upgrade? Or as an average joe who just plays for fun will I not notice a difference and should just get the drivehub?

Thanks

So I have a Fanatec GT3 RS v2, with clubsport v2 pedals and a raceroom RR3055 cockpit. Haven’t played much in last couple of years but looking to get a PS4 Pro to play GT sport, F1 2018 and project cars 2.

I understand my wheel won’t work with GT sport but I could buy a cronusmax drive hub for about £90 including shipping to make it compatible.

Or I could upgrade - was looking at CSL elite + base with either BMW rim (£532) or P1 elite rim (£426).

Is it a worthwhile upgrade? Or as an average joe who just plays for fun will I not notice a difference and should just get the drivehub?

Thanks

Direct compatibity is always better then emulation. There are multiple Black friday deals on the PS4 CSL so great time to buy in, especially the F1 deal is interesting.

The real question is, what's your budget?

Personally, I'd say the V2 Clubsport Pedals are more than enough (If you do plan on trying to get the best time) since they're already load-cell brakes and that GT3 wheel is not too bad. Any wheel that has force feedback will suffice in this meta of Sim-Racing regardless as to how new and better wheels are being released and the better hardware feature they offer as they are more for just immersion for me, imo.

Just buy the drivehub and you'll be good to go!

So I decided I am going to upgrade. I've kind of ruled out the P1 elite rim now and am trying to decide between the BMW GT2 rim or the McLaren GT3 rim, any thoughts?

Back