Should I ?

• Thread starter ImMano99
  • 45 comments
France
France
Fellow ACC drivers, I have a simple question.

Currently playing GT Sport but this game lacks of realism quite frequently. Got myself PC2... and deleted it before I finished a single race, nice little waste of money.

ACC is coming up on PS4, should I?
What are the pros and the cons?
I'm looking for some realistic gameplay, I've watched loads on youtube but when you watch someone play it, it's different than when you play for any type of games.

Currently playing GT Sport but this game lacks of realism quite frequently. Got myself PC2... and deleted it before I finished a single race, nice little waste of money.

I'm looking for some realistic gameplay, I've watched loads on youtube but when you watch someone play it, it's different than when you play for any type of games.

EDITED 23/06/20 I have bought the game and tested it.

DO NOT BUY THIS GAME if you have a T300 wheel
EDITED 25/06/20 you must update the firmware to latest version 31.00
https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/product/t300rs-en/ and it makes playable

Simple answer: Yes (see above I have changed my opinion)

Long answer. Assetto Corsa (the first one) I thoroughly enjoyed and it had the best physics. I sadly lacked online connectivity and as such was a lonely game.

I am sick to death of GT Sport and I find it THE MOST boring of all games imaginable. It does have the best online attributes but the absolute worst drivers (wreckers I should say). I got that bored I platinummed it twice on both my accounts ;-)

As with PCars2 GTSport has continually changed and tweaked the physics, usually not for the better. GT Sport's cars are all bland and all understeering POS! Any game where you can fit super soft slicks to Honda Civics has got to be suspect from the start :-(

I am actually playing Pcars 2 again to get back into practice again while waiting for ACC. I am doing the events I missed out when I played this through the first time to platinum. I dislike PCars2 online but I do feel you didn't give it a good enough chance. It has the most realistic real world tracks and real world cars and the physics are right up there with AC.

The only thing that worries me about ACC on PS4 is that it may be a bit too limited with only GT3 cars. Having said that I never drove all the cars in the other games anyway ;-) But at least there was a wide variety.

I for one will buy it this Friday and give it a go. At the very least I know the tracks will be superb, the cars awesome and the physics great. All it needs is reasonable offline campaign and I will be happy.

Then wait a few months and we will have the next conversation about GT7 ;-)

Last edited:
In that case, if you buy it Friday, i'd be very interested in hearing your thoughts abt the game.
Not that I'm putting it on you to buy it for me ;) just if u wanna share your feeling abt it on friday, I'm listening to them !

I for one will buy it this Friday and give it a go. At the very least I know the tracks will be superb, the cars awesome and the physics great. All it needs is reasonable offline campaign and I will be happy.

Then wait a few months and we will have the next conversation about GT7 ;-)
ACC on PS4 does not come out until the 23rd of this months, how are you going to give it a go this Friday ?.

If you only gave PC2 less than one race then I'm not sure you should waste your money on ACC either to be frank. Race sims require patience to get the best from them.

As for ACC - I'm getting it certainly on PS4 and unusually for me I've jumped in with a pre-order due to the included DLC and it was also on special offer. It won't replace PC2 or Assetto Corsa (the two sims I play most) because of course ACC has an extremely narrow scope of sim content.

If you only gave PC2 less than one race then I'm not sure you should waste your money on ACC either to be frank. Race sims require patience to get the best from them.
I found PC2 way too arcade from the first race. I want a real sim, not an arcade. I enjoy GT sport but it's not realistic enough.

ACC on PS4 does not come out until the 23rd of this months, how are you going to give it a go this Friday ?.
Really depends when the PS store lets me have it I suppose. Saturday the 23rd at 00:01 means it is still Friday in a lot of places around the world ;-) Wouldn't be the first time this happened to me where it appears I have gotten something early.

You're an Aussie so you understand. The only time we get screwed is when the released date/time is a US time.

Also I'm on the west coast so I set my clock to EST so it will be a few hours earlier anyway ;-) We will see soon enough regardless.

Really depends when the PS store lets me have it I suppose. Saturday the 23rd at 00:01 means it is still Friday in a lot of places around the world ;-) Wouldn't be the first time this happened to me where it appears I have gotten something early.

You're an Aussie so you understand. The only time we get screwed is when the released date/time is a US time.

Also I'm on the west coast so I set my clock to EST so it will be a few hours earlier anyway ;-) We will see soon enough regardless.
Only thing I wonder right now is how Friday will be the 22nd? I think it's just the 20th? I think you are looking at the calendar of May? :D

You said in your post this Friday, but the 23rd is next Tuesday.

If you dont have the patience to finish a single race on PCARS2 I would expect a similar result for ACC. Its a strange world where someone can play GTSport but then dismiss Project cars as too arcadey before the download has barely even finished.
That may have something to do with the incredible inconsistency of Pcars2 and what car he/she used. The Ferrarri 355 is a lot of fun, but so many other cars are just dire.

Hey no offense to PCars players. I don't like the game that's all but I well understand a PC2 player who will not like GT Sport. However I want something super realistic, and I wonder if ACC will do the job.

You said in your post this Friday, but the 23rd is next Tuesday.

Yep, you are quite right. For some reason I have been thinking all day that Friday was the 22nd and the winter Solstice. Well there goes my fishing ideas for Friday too ;-) BTW the southern winter Solstice is Sunday the 21st before anyone corrects me on that one too ;-)

Hey no offense to PCars players. I don't like the game that's all but I well understand a PC2 player who will not like GT Sport. However I want something super realistic, and I wonder if ACC will do the job.
Get ac 1st .it has varied cars and is a real sim. Of course acc is sim as it gets. Just only gt3 gt4 cars for now, but top quality sim.

Why lol? What you just watched has no bearing on the game. This isn't rockstar or PDI.

Does the game actually exist ? we haven't seen it, all we saw was a bloke yawning whilst others chatted about how great eSports is.

There was maybe 2 minutes of useful information in an hour that confirmed running resolution. That was it.

You can't seriously tell me that I should purchase off the back of that so called "preview event" ?

Does the game actually exist ? we haven't seen it, all we saw was a bloke yawning whilst others chatted about how great eSports is.
We'll find out in a week. I predicted we would only see 10-60 seconds of footage, man was I way over too optimistic. I said it weeks ago their lack of hyping up the release for console was bizarre, nothing has changed iand it's only a week from release.

I find it strange that you enjoy GT Sport over PCars2. Id say Pcars2 is a lot more realistic than GT sport.

Everyone has a right to their own opinion though. I just think you are missing out on a really great Sim. if you not even gave it a real chance.

Pcars 2 is a litle rough diamond. It does not have the polish of Gt sport, and it certanly has many flaws.

Also the feeling can be very inconsistent from car to car. But once you find a good combination of car and track its very very fun. Also the deepth of the game is 10 x more deep and interesting compared to GT sport.

Just my opinion, take it as you want :-)

if you are undecided, wait a week until it comes out and there will be a lot more known once its in our hands. There is a lot of worry about how lacking the game will be given the lack of info coming out the studio.
If you order sometime in the first 2 weeks after release, you get the DLC that you would get in the preorder.
So really, unless you're super keen (like me!) there is no need to preorder.

I think the "get the free DLC for 2 weeks after" is only for digital purchase on PS4 because for some reason there is no digital pre-order.

That said I can see lots of physical copies with DLC code on shelves at this point...

You're confusing me with the OP.
I'm not. It was a general 'you'. But I see what you mean now as they could have picked a bad one. I still think its incredibly shallow of the OP to pay for a game with 100's of cars and tracks in it but disregard the whole thing based on one of each.

I found PC2 way too arcade from the first race. I want a real sim, not an arcade. I enjoy GT sport but it's not realistic enough.

I was not going to post/comment in this forum only going to read but your statement has me thinking.
I am confused you say PC2 is arcade but you enjoy GTS:confused: GTS is the biggest arcade game.

PC2 & AC is the best Sim racing games on console

If you feel that way I would say to you save your money & stick with GTS , ACC is an step above PC2.

I have to agree with Klondike.

I find it strange that you enjoy GT Sport over PCars2. Id say Pcars2 is a lot more realistic than GT sport.

Everyone has a right to their own opinion though. I just think you are missing out on a really great Sim. if you not even gave it a real chance.

Pcars 2 is a litle rough diamond. It does not have the polish of Gt sport, and it certanly has many flaws.

Also the feeling can be very inconsistent from car to car. But once you find a good combination of car and track its very very fun. Also the deepth of the game is 10 x more deep and interesting compared to GT sport.

Just my opinion, take it as you want :-)

For those that complain consistently about no pre video etc did you all buy F1 2010-2020 for £60 -£70 after watch all those great PR videos & how crap was the game & are you still playing it now?
I guess you all will spend another £50-£70 again this year like you have for the last 3-4 years for a short lived game but wont spend £30 in a game that will be around for 2yrs before a new release?
If you wait 2 or 3 weeks I give you a full non bias review video.
Back to my non posting only reading corner.

Last edited:
Back