Should PD expand studios to EU & US

Already did. If you have a different explanation feel free to share it.

I think he is saying that IF they want to get to 1200 premiums, they need more bodies.

The team isn't 100% Japanese. There are a great many nationalities involved, and some of the work is done outside the confines of Japan.

However, and this will likely always be the case, some cars will invariably get more attention than others with newer cars being at the top of the list. Case in point, try the remodelled standards (RUF, NISMO, etc). They are much more enjoyable than they were in GT5.

Already did. If you have a different explanation feel free to share it.
My point was that PD needs to hire more employees in order to produce 1,200-1,300 premiums. Otherwise it just simply is not ever going to happen. Especially since they average about 30-40 premiums a year. GT5 had about 200 premiums. GT6 has around 300 premiums. So unless they do something different, there is simply no way GT7 on the PS4 will have 1,200-1,300 premiums. GT6 is still a great game, they just need to make a major change to hit their goals.

Hopefully that helps clear up the confusion in my previous replies.

I think he is saying that IF they want to get to 1200 premiums, they need more bodies.
The team isn't 100% Japanese. There are a great many nationalities involved, and some of the work is done outside the confines of Japan.
However, and this will likely always be the case, some cars will invariably get more attention than others with newer cars being at the top of the list. Case in point, try the remodelled standards (RUF, NISMO, etc). They are much more enjoyable than they were in GT5.
Precisely and treed.

My point was that PD needs to hire more employees in order to produce 1,200-1,300 premiums. Otherwise it just simply is not ever going to happen. Especially since they average about 30-40 premiums a year. GT5 had about 200 premiums. GT6 has around 300 premiums. So unless they do something different, there is simply no way GT7 on the PS4 will have 1,200-1,300 premiums. GT6 is still a great game, they just need to make a major change to hit their goals.

Hopefully that helps clear up the confusion in my previous replies.

Precisely and treed.

There's no confusion:lol: I just find it extremely humorous that after taking 3 years to add 130 cars to GT6 and spitshining a few standards, you would think that 1200 premiums is even on the radar for PD for GT7. If the game is out in 2 years, they'd have to have nearly 10x the modelling staff they have now, meanwhile, Kaz is touting the fact that he likes to keep it small and family like. Now that's funny:lol:

I don't think it matters were their office is located, they just need more employees and more time. Taking on and completing 1,200-1,300 cars in full premium quality and full premium physics along with everything is an overwhelming undertaking. They just need more employees, or more time between games. Hopefully they take their time before releasing GT7 on the PS4. Even more important IMO is that they don't reduce their car or track quantity just to release it on the new console. A recent developer did that and I think its a huge mistake. Hopefully they just hire more people to help with this enormous KY vision.

I agree that they should increase there work force but, I disagree that they shouldn't reduce the number of cars. Do we really need a dozen s2000 or a few dozen GTRs? I am of the mind set if you are going to do something, do it right. I would welcome a car list of 'only' 500 cars if those cars are done right. When other aspects suffer in the game because of the enormous car list and trying to bring them all to the same level, I think that is a problem and may be a factor as to the reason GT6 is not a "finished" product. That, and the fact that the console hardware is advancing at a faster pace than developers can keep up with. When it takes a developer around 3 or 4 years to make a game, if they begin when a new console is released, the console has already exceeded almost half its life expectancy. And I think we are going to see even shorter life cycles of consoles in the future.

This a dead horse that has been cast for the walking dead and killed again and yet still being beat afterward...

Considering the increase in both the Europe and American market of cars, I wonder if you are playing a new GT5 game or GT4. As for the studios in the U.S. or U.K. I'd be fine with that and I think it would work especially if top figures from PD to have oversight on those groups. There are plenty of talented if not more talented people than PD currently has in Japan alone that could be working on stuff in the two other major areas. I'd say Sony needs to provide most of the money to make it happen, not PD.

I agree that the number of US and UK cars have improved but, they are still not very well represented in the game IMO. I would love to see the Hennessy Venom, SSC Aero, more 60's and 70's muscle cars & old Trans Am series cars from that same era. More supercars from the UK like koenigsegg, nobel, the new P1, Porsche and more "track day" cars like the Mono and others. Stop putting cars like the Prius in the game and more cars that are out of reach for most of the people that play the game and would never be able "drive" but for the game.

I agree that the number of US and UK cars have improved but, they are still not very well represented in the game IMO. I would love to see the Hennessy Venom, SSC Aero, more 60's and 70's muscle cars & old Trans Am series cars from that same era. More supercars from the UK like koenigsegg, nobel, the new P1, Porsche and more "track day" cars like the Mono and others. Stop putting cars like the Prius in the game and more cars that are out of reach for most of the people that play the game and would never be able "drive" but for the game.

You're not going to see Porsche this has been explained in depth, your new and I'll suggest you look on this forum and you'll see why certain cars you want aren't in or going to be. It isn't PDs fault that they can't get some of these cars due to license restriction.

Some of your other wants are questionable but that is of opinion and that can be argued up and down but wont explain why they're not in the game. They are trying to get these groups in but others are possibly beating them and getting the exclusive, I don't remember how far the deal between Mono and PCars goes but that could be a reason. Just like the exclusivity that certain McLaren cars have.

PD are making efforts but at the end of the day these games are regional and as such those regions will be better displayed than others. However, with that said if an effort wasn't being made why are so many Euro and American groups willing to put forth a GTV car? Why does Chevy seem to want to really work with PD and giving them exclusive stuff? It goes on and on, I'm super critical of PD but this argument you put forth isn't very strong and easily shows the contrary of what you've said. If this were something like leaderboards, livery editor, and so on...then I might be able to agree.

Back