Should Players Have Full Controll Over Engines (Patch or GT6?)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Slash
  • 40 comments
  • 3,128 views

Would you utilize this feature?

  • Oh god yes

    Votes: 66 86.8%
  • Ewww no.

    Votes: 10 13.2%

  • Total voters
    76
That's just how much grip is left on the tires, I know what your saying.
 
That's just how much grip is left on the tires, I know what your saying.

Well, yeah, a deflation tends to reduce grip after a point. But there is a step change when it happens in the game, and the grip level is ridiculous.
 
For people who wan't "licensed" parts, that would be very hard to accomplish. Getting all the deals done and what not.

I would like to see a tuning system like IHRA Drag Racing 2 had. Having the ability to to adjust bore and stroke, valve size etc. I would also like to see nitrous brought back.
 
Shift 2 has a engine swap option, I dont think PD would know how to do it. They would be to busy making mx-5 at Tsukuba races.

If they got RX-7 motors inside, then strap me in and start lapping Tsukuba.👍
 
The standard-premium division probably can't last another game as it's obviously a quick fix, so maybe while they're modelling premiums for GT6 they'll take time to make customization more realistic/involved.

But they'd have to make sure they got the sounds right, because it would really fail to get a Corvette and fine-tune the cam, exhaust, everything to make sure it sounds and moves like a real muscle car, only to have it still sound like a rally car :banghead:
 
This would give users the chance to be unique but most casual players would have no interest in this. When I mean everything, I mean, distributors, spark plug wires, timing chains, carbs, and all sorts of other stuff. All the way down to boring and stroking engines, even what brand of exhaust you have.

So, basically... Forza Motorsport. I already enjoyed things like this in Forza and have been promoting such a thing for inclusion in GT's future, but of course the GT fanboys don't like anything that someone else did before GT. I've always felt underwhelmed by the tuning/upgrade options for GT5 relative to Forza, which offered so much more depth in these areas.

Yes, I'd like to do these things in GT, but I suspect it would be too much of an update for a GT5 patch, so perhaps for GT6, if we can convince GT fanboys to stop pretending that the other guys are doing everything wrong and that folks like Turn 10 actually do stuff right.
 
Motorcity Online did it, and did it very well, nothing has come close since.
 
Personally I have never played Forza and I honestly don't even really know what is in the game lol. Not going to buy and Xbox for a racing game, and I hate Xbox anyway.

GT6 would be phenominal if it had this, but honestly I doubt any of it would be put in.
 
But lets keep all the regular, generic tuning around for those of us who cant be bothered?
 
And this is my opinion of this...it's just too complex for the whole game to be covered. :indiff: Remember, space is not infinite on a disc...

Maybe just the Premiums. :)
 
Would be nice, This is PD so it won't happen, They are more likely to add useless stuff to a game that is still very broken, Even if something like this were added I bet a good 90-95% would be Japanese stuff.
 
Back