Should Polyphony Digital have another CEO than Kazunori Yamauchi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
67
Brazil
PR, Curitiba
Messages
Killer47_BR
After 10 long years playing GT series, I'm another unhappy fan about and how Gran Turismo has been developing by Kazunori. I didn't play GT5 for all and I wont buy GT6. After just some months, I read that GT7 is coming for PS4? I was expecting this of course but, I don't think that PD is supporting GT6 at all.

Should PD get a new mind, that could better focus in GT to get more support and list the old and more important fan ideas?
 
Yes. I think Kaz has too much "vision" and not enough real managerial qualities. PD needs to focus and deliver... dreaming and having visions is good at a very early conceptual level, but at a certain point there comes the time to produce and make decisions even if it means to scale down the dreams.
 
Didn't this topic with a slightly different spin already happen and get closed?
Yes but who cares... maybe somebody at PD will read it and they will finally understand that something is wrong
 
Yes but who cares... maybe somebody at PD will read it and they will finally understand that something is wrong

The moderators would, I imagine. Besides a thread like this isn't going to be in any way productive. It's just going to be people who agree vs people who don't in a slanging match. Again.
 
Should Crazy Brazilian have another hot dog?

Didn't Kaz start PD?
 
Didn't this topic with a slightly different spin already happen and get closed?
I hope it didn't get closed because of the title.
People love the franchise.
Kaz love his visions and wine. Maybe too much wine.
 
I know this was pointed out on the previous thread, and above, but without Kaz, GT just wouldn't be the same. He's the founder, he's started everything, and he has brought it to where it is today. Although some of us may be unhappy with Kaz at the moment, the best thing to do here isn't complain and get all angry. Do you really want Gran Turismo to turn into something like Need for Speed??? :rolleyes:
 
I know this was pointed out on the previous thread, and above, but without Kaz, GT just wouldn't be the same. He's the founder, he's started everything, and he has brought it to where it is today. Although some of us may be unhappy with Kaz at the moment, the best thing to do here isn't complain and get all angry. Do you really want Gran Turismo to turn into something like Need for Speed??? :rolleyes:

You mean like something with just 5-lap-mini-races, unrealistic driving aids being forced on and AI that lets you win? Really couldn't imagine this.
 
You mean like something with just 5-lap-mini-races, unrealistic driving aids being forced on and AI that lets you win? Really couldn't imagine this.
Oh. :ouch:
 
Ugh, another one of these threads. :rolleyes: People just loves making threads like this for others to duke it out, don't they?
 
Why do people feel the need to start threads like this, especially someone who did not play GT5 and has not purchased GT6. Not exactly in a position to dictate company policy nor even know much about the actual game.

I guess some people just like hammering at the keyboard ;)
 
Why do people feel the need to start threads like this, especially someone who did not play GT5 and has not purchased GT6. Not exactly in a position to dictate company policy nor even know much about the actual game.

I guess some people just like hammering at the keyboard ;)

It's the fastest way to 'earn' likes.

Once you reach 100 likes, you can trade them for a friend.
 
Why do people feel the need to start threads like this, especially someone who did not play GT5 and has not purchased GT6. Not exactly in a position to dictate company policy nor even know much about the actual game.

I guess some people just like hammering at the keyboard ;)
So true! Coming from somebody that did'nt play GT5 or 6, you have no right to complain. You have to invest alot in to this to be able to talk the talk, and more important, alot of time invested to be able to walk the walk. Where's Vagabond when you need him. lol :)
 
Should. But it won't, so this thread is pointless, my fellow "curitibano".
 
Yes. I think Kaz has too much "vision" and not enough real managerial qualities. PD needs to focus and deliver... dreaming and having visions is good at a very early conceptual level, but at a certain point there comes the time to produce and make decisions even if it means to scale down the dreams.

Nail on the head.

I love Kaz's vision though, so I think a happy middle ground would be making each GT game have a hard-and-fast 3 year dev cycle, with Kaz in charge for the first half and a more realistic, managerial person in charge of development for the second half. Rinse and repeat.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back