Should the "log" feature be capped/removed?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sier_Pinski
  • 13 comments
  • 1,418 views
Messages
657
United States
Texas
Messages
XizangM1
There's this 'log' in GT5 (located in the community tab of the main menu) that records all of your history (including switching cars and winning events) from the time you start the game to present. What worries me the most is that this history list does not stop. There's apparently no limit to how much history information can be stuffed in that list, as it just keeps on getting bigger and bigger. This continuous growth of memory may have been the cause of the recent game-killing 4165kb save file bug, and just may be the cause of increasing load times that some users are reporting. As this issue continues to possibly eat up RAM and save file space, I ask: should this log feature be removed by PD, or at least capped so that older history data is deleted after a certain number is reached? Discuss.
 
It doesn't have your entire history, there is a limit.
 
if i am not mistaken, it keeps only the 30 last days, however i do agree that is useless feature.
 
I look at the log to see who has been racing my drivers. I also wish they would add online racing to the log. So no, I don't think it should be removed.
 
Last edited:
I just checked GT5 and looked into my log. My oldest action recorded was "Dec 25: New Game Started," along with every single action I did up until my most recent. So there appears to be no limit.
 
It doesn't have your entire history, there is a limit.

Yes, it has a limit. Older stuff gets replaced. 👍

And because you can't acess it offline & it takes some time to "load", it must be stored online (not in your gamesave). :sly:


Btw. anyone have since patch 1.10 a bugged log? In my log it shows now every received color as "Yellow Solid: (real color name)". :scared:

I just checked GT5 and looked into my log. My oldest action recorded was "Dec 25: New Game Started," along with every single action I did up until my most recent. So there appears to be no limit.

It appears that you haven't played the game enough to get a full log. :sly:
 
I definitely think the log is a useful thing but it's not working properly. Futhermore, I don't think it affects your save file as I'm pretty sure the information is stored on their sever. I seem to remember that the log doesn't record anything if you're logged out of PSN. Maybe this has changed though. It never records when I win an endurance event so something tells me that the user is being disconneted from the game server when racing over a longer period of time. They should fix this.
 
I agree, this "log" should definitely be "flushed" out of GT5 (in the next update), for it's sheer pointlessness!


;)
 
First its stored online. second it should stay, if you do a trade for example and some guy comes along and states you have'nt sent your car Hey check his log to see if he is scamming you or if it has been received. Just 1 thought of the top of my head.
 
Its only purpose to me is to keep track of trades. And there are lots of them.


I don't, however, like how it doesn't usually keep up to date. Sometimes it doesn't log in some of my most recent races. I'm guessing it's lag. It leaves little patches occasionally.
 
I Think its usefull but it didn't show when you won a Endurance race 👎
 
Funny thing about the log.... The other day I won the Ferrari @ La Sarthe seasonal 4 times, and while trying to start the race a 5th time, the game locked up. When I restarted the game, the over $2million that I won from the events weren't there, but in my log it showed 4 times that I had won those races just minutes before.
 
I can confirm that there is a cap to how big the log gets.
I do alot of remote racing and my log is entirely full of remote race stuff, and it only goes back 3 days.
 
I personally like the log, and I use it to keep track of my remote races. Plus it's nice to know what your friends are up to on GT5, and which of your cars people are borrowing.
 
Back