Should the Veyron be premium? (poll)

Should the Veyron be a premium car?

• Yes

Votes: 852 76.4%
  • No

Votes: 263 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I usually drive in bumper cam anyways when I'm trying to get my fastest laps in, so it doesn't really affect me, however since the replays would look better, I would.

Has anyone seen the the Buggatti on top gear track video, the wing doesn't go up, is this more like a veyron in real life and also the wingh doesn't go up when braking-went up once. Or is it that GTPSP's wing not as accurate??

Has anyone seen the the Buggatti on top gear track video, the wing doesn't go up, is this more like a veyron in real life and also the wingh doesn't go up when braking-went up once. Or is it that GTPSP's wing not as accurate??

I think the wing (spoiler, to be precise :sly:) only goes up when the speed is very high;during that video he was driving at the 190-200km/hour range so I guess it didn't need to go up.

I think you should watch the entire video.

Generally, when in the high speed range the wing on a car such as that will come up to help slow the car down quicker and not put all the load on the brakes, right?

While in the low speed area it is not needed nor will I make much of a difference.

Start at 2:15
Watch the whole video or ask someone else before making assumptions.

Nothing special? Yeah, what an eyesore. :rolleyes:
2009-bugatti-veyron-fbg-par-hermes-new-color-combinations-interior-1280x960.jpg

3982954910_e484f2d0fe.jpg

112_0906_18z+Bugatti_veyron_grand_sport+interior.jpg

bugatti_veyron_bleu_centenaire_in3.jpg

epcp_0911_09_z+veyron+interior.jpg

Beautiful. Oh my word, the veyron sounds shocking in that video, nothing like an actual one...*sigh* oh well.

Last edited:
Useless thread.

Useless post :rolleyes:

----------------

Well, as far as I'm concerned, the worlds fastest production car has to have some sort of recognition. Same as if Honda bought out the 2011 Civic to be able to do 438.94 km/h, I would recognize that, as a premium piece of machinery. I would, however have to write a letter to Jeremy Clarkson, stating that when discussing the Veyron, his comment of:

Jeremy Clarkson
..."the greatest piece of engineering ever. No, I'm sorry, this is the greatest car ever made and the greatest car we will ever see in our lifetime."
to be....completely and utterly wrong.

So in conclusion of this useless post (similar to the one stated in the top portion of it), Yes, I do think the Veyron should be a premium car.

EDIT:

Start at 2:15
Watch the whole video or ask someone else before making assumptions.

Well, judging by his phrasing, and the use of question marks...*clears throat* That aint no assumption. It's called a question. Maybe you should concider asking a few, to learn about how they work. 👍
t4

Last edited:
The reasons why most people think it should be premium are exactly why I think it shouldn't. It is an astonishing engineering achievement in both technical details and capabilities, as it should be, because its whole reason for existing was because the head of VW wanted to make the world bow down before the superiority of his engineers. And that's the Veyron's problem, everything about it is excessive to the point that it's quite possibly the most idiotic car ever made. It's like it was designed by a seven year old. Everything about it is mindblowing, but none of it has to be. 1001 horsepower makes you go ooh! and ahh!, and the amount of work that went into making an engine like the Veyron's practical for a road car cannot be understated, but you don't need 1001 horsepower to go that fast. Well, you do, when the car weighs over two tons and is less aerodynamic than a Toyota Sequoia.

There is nothing about the Veyron that is the way it is because it has to be, it is just because they wanted it to be, and that's what makes it so stupid. All that amazing engineering was done to make a piece of terrible engineering actually work. So no, it shouldn't be a premium car, because its reasons for greatness shouldn't even exist.

It also isn't a real Bugatti in any way, shape or form other than the name.

The reasons why most people think it should be premium are exactly why I think it shouldn't. It is an astonishing engineering achievement in both technical details and capabilities, as it should be, because its whole reason for existing was because the head of VW wanted to make the world bow down before the superiority of his engineers. And that's the Veyron's problem, everything about it is excessive to the point that it's quite possibly the most idiotic car ever made. It's like it was designed by a seven year old. Everything about it is mindblowing, but none of it has to be. 1001 horsepower makes you go ooh! and ahh!, and the amount of work that went into making an engine like the Veyron's practical for a road car cannot be understated, but you don't need 1001 horsepower to go that fast. Well, you do, when the car weighs over two tons and is less aerodynamic than a Toyota Sequoia.

There is nothing about the Veyron that is the way it is because it has to be, it is just because they wanted it to be, and that's what makes it so stupid. All that amazing engineering was done to make a piece of terrible engineering actually work. So no, it shouldn't be a premium car, because its reasons for greatness shouldn't even exist.

can you tell Me exactly who you are in ''AUTO WORLD''?maybe engineer working for some serious manufacturer?or car tester/reviewer for some company?

Although I fully agree with your analysis I arrive at a different conclusion about it "deserving" to be a Premium car.
Ofcourse the Veyron is a megalomaniac project spearheaded by Dr Ferdinand Piëch, a bloated example of decadent German over-engineering with absolutely nothing to do with the delicate Italo-French engineering artistry of Ettore Bugatti and resulting in a frankly pointless machine which almost by definition was obsolete the day it came out.

Something like it though, was never build before and will most likely never be build again, at least not with the quality of engineering (stupid and pointless as it might be) made available by the backing of a large car manufacturer like Volkswagen and only for this reason it deserves to be experienced as a Premium car in a videogame in my opinion.

It's overhyped, an anticlimax waiting to happen no doubt for many, although experiencing it in a videogame will be the only way for mere mortals to experience it at all, and I do find the interior of the Veyron rather beautiful.
I never expected it to be anything else than a big heavy mid-engined GT focussed on luxury rather than a properly designed drivers car like the McLaren F1 for example, and with that in mind I did expect it to provide fun even though I would never consider buying one in real life if I had the funds for it in the first place.
Yes the Veyron doesn't make sense at all but since when is that a criteria?:)

Oh wow, there's so much contradiction in this post I don't even know where to begin. So you're saying that the more features a car provides, the more "idiotic and excessive" it is? And who said that cars are the way they are because they need to be? Do you really think a Mercedes SLS needs those vertical-opening doors? Or a Rolls-Royce Phantom needs to be as big and oversized as it is? It's just there for the sake of the car being what it is, an exotic car. That's what makes it different from normal, everyday cars like a Toyota or Nissan sedan. And the fact that the Veyron weighs two tons and goes that fast just proves how advanced the engineering of the car is, especially considering that it does what it does while also maintaining a sense of luxuriousness and exclusivity that simply can't be matched by any other supercar ever made. Let's be real, PD's choice not to include the Veyron in GT5 as a premium was a bad one, and can only be corrected by releasing DLC for the car later down the road (pun not intended).

Last edited:
can you tell Me exactly who you are in ''AUTO WORLD''?maybe engineer working for some serious manufacturer?or car tester/reviewer for some company?

Here's how the design and engineering process of the Veyron went. In 1998, VW bought the rights to the Bugatti name and had Giugiaro design a series of wild concept cars with no intention of ever producing them to get people excited about the brand. There was a good deal of buzz going, especially over the original concept Veyron, so Ferdinand Piech decided to actually put the car into production. The thing is, though, he didn't go to his engineers and ask them to design the fastest car ever built. He told them to build a 1001 horsepower road car with a quad-turbo W16 that looked like the Veyron concept that was capable of 407 km/h. He didn't ask if such a thing was even possible, he just told them the car they had to build, announced to the world that they were building it, said how much it would cost and then left his engineers to try to figure out how to make the damn thing actually work. That's not how the design and engineering process works. You don't start by rigidly defining every single detail of an incredibly complex machine and then go about making it functional.

The tragedy of the Veyron is despite everything that went into making it what it is and capable of doing what it is capable of doing with the intention of showcasing the amazing things VW's engineers are capable of, there is nothing about it from a technological standpoint that's cutting edge. It brings nothing new to the table. They didn't have to invent any new technology to make it do what it can do, everything in it was something that had already been used in other cars. It's nothing like the McLaren F1, which was the kind of supercar you'd get if you asked NASA to design one.

Balocco
You didn't answer My question.
You wrote something like a little review of the car(and not only you,but many people here),so I'm interested who you are in car world.
I'm interested,because professionals from around the world are absolutely positive about veyron.But you and some other guys here are proving otherwise.That means they/professionals are wrong,right?

Balocco
You didn't answer My question.
You wrote something like a little review of the car(and not only you,but many people here),so I'm interested who you are in car world.
I'm interested,because professionals from around the world are absolutely positive about veyron.But you and some other guys here are proving otherwise.That means they/professionals are wrong,right?

There's no such thing as an opinion that is wrong. I'm not wrong, and people who think the Veyron is the greatest car ever made aren't wrong, either. My opinion is based on understanding how cars work and that the ultimate goal of engineering is always efficiency, and engineering ways to cope with the problems caused by flaws with the design instead of eliminating the flaws themselves is not the same thing as good engineering.

Here's how the design and engineering process of the Veyron went. In 1998, VW bought the rights to the Bugatti name and had Giugiaro design a series of wild concept cars with no intention of ever producing them to get people excited about the brand. There was a good deal of buzz going, especially over the original concept Veyron, so Ferdinand Piech decided to actually put the car into production. The thing is, though, he didn't go to his engineers and ask them to design the fastest car ever built. He told them to build a 1001 horsepower road car with a quad-turbo W16 that looked like the Veyron concept that was capable of 407 km/h. He didn't ask if such a thing was even possible, he just told them the car they had to build, announced to the world that they were building it, said how much it would cost and then left his engineers to try to figure out how to make the damn thing actually work. That's not how the design and engineering process works. You don't start by rigidly defining every single detail of an incredibly complex machine and then go about making it functional.

The tragedy of the Veyron is despite everything that went into making it what it is and capable of doing what it is capable of doing with the intention of showcasing the amazing things VW's engineers are capable of, there is nothing about it from a technological standpoint that's cutting edge. It brings nothing new to the table. They didn't have to invent any new technology to make it do what it can do, everything in it was something that had already been used in other cars. It's nothing like the McLaren F1, which was the kind of supercar you'd get if you asked NASA to design one.

Rabble rabble rabble, how dare they build such an insane and wild car?? How dare Ferdinand Piech define the car from the start?? How dare they bladdiddly blah diddly blah. What a load of shizzle.

I laugh when all the haters get together and rally against the Veyron. They don't get it. They'll never understand the Veyron's epicness because they refuse to accept the car solely for what it is: a badarse supersonic road car that was built for technical extremes.

I quite like the Veyron. I don't have any hate for it, in fact I drooled over it when the concept came out and hoped something so amazingly complex could work. The fact that it does, perfectly, makes the car exceedingly compelling. Maybe because VW actually built it - I've always been a VW fan - or maybe it's because it has such an amazing engine, or maybe because it looks incredibly serious and intense, or maybe it's the exquisite technical achievement involved. Maybe, it's the fact that it can do so much; it's an automotive superhero.

Well no, no it's not. It's an automotive supervillain. That's the reason why I love it, because so many people hate it. People hate anything better than they are, in pretty much any context, so I think it's natural for a lot of car guys used to less exotic machinery to hate. Like I say, they don't get it. Have fun writing off all the most interesting cars on the planet because they're "pointless" and "stupid". I guess it's time to hate on mid-engined hatchbacks like the Clio V6 (A hatchback with 0 practicality and unpredictable handling? Pointless! Stupid!), lunatic classics such as the Shelby Cobra (A huge engine into a tiny little car that doesn't need one? It's impossible to drive and too powerful! Pointless! Stupid!), or even fast road cars in general (Going 100 clicks over the speed limit, possibly risking your licence or your life? Pointless! Stupid!)

You guys are full of yourselves. The Veyron kicks your arses and you know it. End of story.

PS. I think it's safe to say the Veyron should definitely be premium, but then so should every other car.

PPS. Woot! I got the 666th vote.

I think ALL cars should be Premium, but the Vayron should be last on the list. Very ugly overpowered car.

A lot of people here either love the Veyron or hate it. Personally, I dislike the car, but I think it deserves to be premium simply due to its influence.

There's no such thing as an opinion that is wrong. I'm not wrong, and people who think the Veyron is the greatest car ever made aren't wrong, either. My opinion is based on understanding how cars work and that the ultimate goal of engineering is always efficiency, and engineering ways to cope with the problems caused by flaws with the design instead of eliminating the flaws themselves is not the same thing as good engineering.

Whoops, thought I'd cover this. Basically, this post is completely wrong and contradicts itself in an epic fashion. Understanding how cars work is objective, but any kind of "ultimate goal" of engineering isn't. Your final statement, frankly, is ridiculous. If you iron out any "inherent" flaws in any particular design, then it's no longer flawed is it? It is as perfect for its purpose as anything else is.

Need I mention the Porsche 911, which takes a poo on your logic?

You guys are full of yourselves. The Veyron kicks your arses and you know it. End of story.

You're 12, aren't you? If you were older, you'd understand that "more" is not the same as "better".

Personally, I dislike the car, but I think it deserves to be premium simply due to its influence.

Name one way the Veyron influenced any other car.

Whoops, thought I'd cover this. Basically, this post is completely wrong and contradicts itself in an epic fashion. Understanding how cars work is objective, but any kind of "ultimate goal" of engineering isn't. Your final statement, frankly, is ridiculous. If you iron out any "inherent" flaws in any particular design, then it's no longer flawed is it? It is as perfect for its purpose as anything else is.

Need I mention the Porsche 911, which takes a poo on your logic?

The flaws shouldn't have ever been there in the first place, and adding things that counteract the flaws only adds complexity, and unnecessary complexity is bad engineering. You design the thing from the ground up to do what it is supposed to do, you don't design something first and then add things to it that allow it to do what it is supposed to do.

And the 911 is almost as guilty of the same kind of stupidity as the Veyron.

At Bolocco, by influence I mean just how many fans the car has. You might not like it, and I don't either, but there are a lot of people who think it's the best car of call times. Also, isn't it in a sort of a top speed war with the Aero TT, thus directly influencing it.

At Bolocco, by influence I mean just how many fans the car has. You might not like it, and I don't either, but there are a lot of people who think it's the best car of call times. Also, isn't it in a sort of a top speed war with the Aero TT, thus directly influencing it.
No need to go back on what you said to not look wrong. You were right when you said it is influential to the automotive industry. The guy says to name something cause he doesn't know anything about the car, or cars period. Lots of the tech has been rehashed in other cars ever since the inception and other technologies have helped develop newer and better tech. Lots of things just weren't seen when the Veyron came out, and that's just that. I dislike the car, but I still am not an idiot to say it has given nothing to the automotive industry. You can say the Veyron single handedly influenced SSC and other car makers in the pursuit of creating the fastest production car in the world. Outside of technologies, this thought has my approval.

The Veyron is still a technological masterpiece. Hate it or love it.

Latest Posts

Back