Should Trucks Be In GT4

• Yes Trucks Should Be Alowed

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • No It Doesnt Fit In The Gran Turismo Tradition

Votes: 13 56.5%
  • Yes Only In Truck Only Races

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
Sure, put that in GT, hell put everything we can get into GT, more is better to me, and I think that there should be a disk for only the cars that do fit in GT, and then one for me that has everything else...

Why do people keep wanting to put stuff like trucks, NOS, drag racing, etc. into GT when none of that stuff has anything to do with Grand touring in the first place?

i guess u dont have speed channel it has truck racing from germany and it rules

if u live in america the craftsman truck series

Originally posted by viper_maniac
Why do people keep wanting to put stuff like trucks, NOS, drag racing, etc. into GT when none of that stuff has anything to do with Grand touring in the first place?

I agree. Look in your GT2 manual, guys, or do a Google... Gran Turismo has an actual meaning... trucks do NOT fit into this category.

That's what I was saying: Make a GT that is like the other GTs, and then make one for me that has everything else...or if they made add-on capability, you could DL what you want and stuff....

I just think it would be great driving a B4000 on a rally race....

Well, I am completely biased here, 'cause I'm a truck guy myself.

The number of trucks that could actually be competative is limited, but that should not exclude them.

Sure, the name of the game is GranTurismo, but do we really have to base what cars belong in the game, on the name alone?

I hate arguing semantics.

Hey, the way I see it, variety is the spice of life. :) Any vehicle on 4 wheels should be eligible. If you don't want to drive a truck, don't. :)

Now, if you look back at my previous posts about this, I've flipflopped a million times with my view on this... So, please disregard that aspect of it.

Exactly Ethanol, GT1 wasn't true Gran Turismo, hell there's Civics and Silvias in GT1, that's not Gran Turismo.

Bottom line is, drive what you want, don't drive what you don't want to, but be happy that you have tons of options to choose from.

I don't mind adding trucks in principle, but there are A LOT more cars I'd like to see before they got down to adding trucks.

For instance, a lot of the more common daily-driver cars that were in GT2 should be put back. To me, the fun isn't in making a purpose-built racecar go fast; the fun is wringing out every last second from a car that was designed for normal commuter driving.

I think it would be cool to add some sport trucks like the f-150 lightning or a chevy 454ss and the dodge ram srt-10 also i think it would be great to drive a rally truck. They should add the baja rally race to the game

Originally posted by Oschino
I think it would be cool to add some sport trucks like the f-150 lightning or a chevy 454ss and the dodge ram srt-10 also i think it would be great to drive a rally truck.

Agreed.

They should add the baja rally race to the game

See, there I disagree. I'd take out the rally all together. It's only done half-assed and just sort of thrown in there. It doesn't mimic real Rallying, other than it's on dirt and there's some hills/jumps to fly over. I'd cut it all together.

Now, if PD put together a real rally game, now that I could be excited about, but not what is currently there.

Next thing you know, people will be asking for SUVs, and Vans in GT. Do you people even know what grand touring is about? Rally is ok since it makes up only a small part of GT.

So Supra, SUV's aren't part of GT? Is that why in GT2 there was a Forester, Panjero, and that Diahatsu SUV? Ohh and lets not forget the Demio, it's really a van. And the Accord Wagon was a nice GT touch. Ooo ooo don't forget all of the Micro vans like the Suzuki Wagon and the Diahatsu Move. Ohh and the Diahatsu pickup thingy.

Yea, your right, GT tradition is all racing...wrong. GT is about cars, not just racing. Hell if it was just the racing, then I probably wouldn't own any GT games at all. To me, it's all about the cars. Hell put a Blue Bird school bus in GT and I'd be able to learn stuff about them. GT is a great info source for cars, and I know it probably sounds dumb, but I've learned tons of stuff about cars from GT, and by adding different kinds of cars, we all could learn more.

Like Neon said, it's fun to race racecars, but it's awsome driving the car that you own in real life and actually pushing it to it's limits to win a race. Kinda gives you that feeling like you just ran a marathon and won.

Originally posted by ethanol
Oh ya, wasn't there a van in GT2? The renault super-mini-van? I can't recall what it's called.

The Espace- that was different - there was a 1992 Williams grand prix car living under that body.

What I could never figure out was why they had the Panjero and Forester in there....but when I started making hybrids for GT2 I made off-road machines out of them...very fun to drive.

Originally posted by MazKid
What I could never figure out was why they had the Panjero and Forester in there....but when I started making hybrids for GT2 I made off-road machines out of them...very fun to drive.

Actually the fully tuned Forester wasn't bad, just needed more grunt - it had a race mod too!

Originally posted by vat_man

The Espace- that was different - there was a 1992 Williams grand prix car living under that body.
Ah yes... that was definately a rocket... :)

Don't mind me, I'm just arguing for the sake of arguing. Ok, so just so I have it straight - you don't object to the body style of the vehicle, correct? Since, the Espace was a Minivan, albeit a decent handling and fast mini-van.

Now, when you look at something like the RAM SRT10, it meets the speedy requirement, handling shouldn't be bad with a .92 g skid-pad and the speed should be competative with a 5 second 0-60. Hell, that's better than a good portion of the vehicles in the game.

:)

As I say, I'm just playing devils advocate. Perhaps I'm missing something (I usually am) :lol:

yes, GT2 had quite a few cars/SUVs etc. that are not really a part of grand touring and I, for one, am thankful that these are not included in GT3. Like i have stated before I'd rather that there be a greater emphasis on Le Mans and maybe something like World Rally Championships held annually in Europe. of course one must realize that there is more than one type of rally i.e. standard rally (WRC) and rallycross (depicted in GT). Ferraris, etc. would be nice but i want to try out the Audi R8R or the R8C and the other LMP900 and 650 class cars too. To me, vehicles like the Demio aren't worth a penny. From what i understand GT tradition is about a balance between luxury and racing. I haven't seen one Mazda Demio in the JGTC. I also think that F1 was a nice touch and maybe they can be brought into GT4.

what are you guys saying that dont think its a good idea.....
the lightining, the ram RT/10, the frontier, th e jeepster, all those or at least put them in the trucks only class or sumtang

Back