Should we have a "blacklist" for bad drivers online?

  • Thread starter Thread starter DK
  • 33 comments
  • 2,745 views

Should we have a "blacklist" for dirty drivers online?


  • Total voters
    62

DK

No-one's having an A1 day
Premium
Messages
14,294
Ireland
Ireland
Messages
driftking18594
Messages
CiaranGTR94
The whole concept of "trader reputations" has led me to wonder if we should apply the same thing to online racers. What I'm proposing is that bad drivers should be noted online, and we should avoid them, and it should impact on their eligibility to compete in online racing events. I believe a system like this will warn members of dirty drivers, much like trader reputations warn members of scammers.
 
It sounds great and all, but I can see alot of decent drivers on that list for making mistakes.
 
^ Which is why I propose that accused drivers/"defendant" should be given an opportunity to defend themselves. I also think that the "plaintiff" should provide evidence, e.g. photos, video clips.
 
I think you might find it's against the AUP.

I might be wrong but better check with a mod.
 
Mixed feelings on these kind of things.

People can easily get accused of being bad drivers when they're not.
 
It sounds great and all, but I can see alot of decent drivers on that list for making mistakes.

Yep. Also, a lot of people fail to understand who's "fault" a collision was. In addition to that, some people have extremely low tolerance with regards to bumping.

Trade scamming is much more cut and dry. You sent a car, I never sent one back even after waiting a couple of days. That most likely means I scammed you. With racing, you could have gone off-line into me without realizing it and caused the crash or you could absolutely hate any contact at all. Or I could just not have a mic and be unable to say "whoops sorry".

If someone is in a lobby and obviously being intentional with their crashing, just block them on PSN.
 
^ Which is why I propose that accused drivers/"defendant" should be given an opportunity to defend themselves. I also think that the "plaintiff" should provide evidence, e.g. photos, video clips.

Not a good idea, it will often turn into an argument and create a lot of problems for the mods, which is exactly why naming and shaming isn't allowed here.
 
I don't think a good racer/bad racer list would be worth it. But I would like to suggest a Good sportsmanship/bad sportsmanship list. I have ran into some really good racers online but they are complete jack-offs in the lounge talking trash and insulting people. While I have meet some great people in the lounge who will give me tips and tricks to tuning or taking a corner right, but they always end up putting me into a wall cause they over/under drive.
 
How long would that list be though?

Edit: do you mean in-game blacklist?
 
Last edited:
I don't like the idea. What if I let one of my friends play and they get me black listed?
 
I would love a blacklist im sick of people using my brakes and pushing me off the track just because they don't know the meaning of sportsmanship
 
IDK, I accidently swerved into someone yesterday, and they kicked me just before I could apologize. Then blocked me. I think there should be a 3 strike rule or something.
 
This will not be pretty...
 
One problem with this is lag. I was in a really laggy room today, and everyone used their speaker to tell me to stop crashing into them, even though on my screen I wasn't. In the end I was kicked and probably blocked by some of those guys too. :grumpy:
 
No, BAD IDEA. If you have a problem with someone settle it yourself, just wait for the next race and put them in the wall. It normally gets them mad enough to leave the room.

*Probably won't be long until this thead is closed.
 
We need safety ratings like in IRacing. So that way road ragers can race with road ragers, and pros can race with pros.
 
I'd think a reputation system would be the best, where your reputation is based on the number of penalties you receive per race(s). A lobby host could set a minimum rep limit.

Ofcourse, this would be a disastrous implementation considering the penalty system remains as it is:banghead:
 
The problem is that everyone has a different definition of "bad driving".

It's like playing Black Ops and hearing people yell "glitcher!" at everyone who does better than them.
 
Plus, it would be alot easier to find some clean drivers and befriend them. That's what I did.
 
It's a good idea but there's too much to go wrong. An in game rating system that monitored drivers behavior would be a better system (think NFS Shift but without glorifying crashing into people). Perhaps Free runs and race for fun shouldn't effect this rating however, so people who do want to play demolition derby to let of some steam don't get bad ratings.
 
I think there should be a blacklist of people that kick you from a game for running a good race... Some people can't stand the thought of not coming in first so they kick you cause you run a clean race, what a bunch of B.S.
 
well... when you got a list of 1000 drivers.... haha find that one on the list (if no search option)

buts this is pointless.... you will find in every game guy´s who play dirty...

crysis 2 today... campers with steahlt in some cornors (hard to find)

back to gt5 somtimes, i do a "dirty" move too... when i try to overtake with much more (slipstream) speed than than the driver in front... then he drives left right left right...
stop overtaking... waiting for an other moment.. then... overspeed (if its a cornor) sometimes cant hold the line cuz car dont stabilized, cuz of late brakeing and shoot out the other... :nervous:

but i think... this is racing can happen to everyone here... or im only a bad driver?

happens this to someone else?

best option is: set a reward when you drive clean laps, BUT dont give a reward when they drive extra slow to dont crash in to others (reward should be atractive because when not, no1 will do that) exept the real GT peopels
 
Last edited:
No need... dirty drivers should be expected in every server.
 
Some PS3 games have given us the option to place players on an Ignore List. Once you add someone to the list, you never see them again.

The PS3 XMB has an Ignore List too. I wonder if it works with GT5?
 
When the racing is clean, I race clean, but when it's not, I become a monster who will track you down all race long. But thankfully the racing online is becoming much better then it was, it seems that most of the idiots have moved on to other games.

But a blacklist would be nice.
 
Rather than have a "black list" of bad drivers, why not do a list of "good" drivers that you'd recommend to others?

Using the 'Traders Reputation' thread is a bad example of your original idea, because technically,
you're not allowed to give bad reviews of people in that thread, even though some do it anyway.

It's designed more or less to recommend the good traders and let people know who they can trust. 👍
 
^ Which is why I propose that accused drivers/"defendant" should be given an opportunity to defend themselves. I also think that the "plaintiff" should provide evidence, e.g. photos, video clips.

How utterly stupid, this is not a court, you are not a lawyer and GTP is not the place for this.

And it would be against the AUP i'm pretty sure.
 
Yep, use the rating system like on xbox live and bundle all the a-holes together and anyone with a fairly clean record together.

Use a five star rating system where you need a few votes before you get bumped down into the other pool and let people who have not been rated in a while be bumped back up after time. With the star system you wouldnt give some one zero stars for accidents only the real a-holes. Also people with a low rating would have less say than someone with a high rating like the rep system on some forums.

There should be no recourse if you are rated down, un managable and after time you would be bumped back up if you dont reoffend.

The problem with a positive system is people wouldnt bother voting people up, with a negative system people would vote people down as they've been pee'd off by whats been done.

How utterly stupid, this is not a court, you are not a lawyer and GTP is not the place for this.

And it would be against the AUP i'm pretty sure.

He was only giving an example of how people that were wrongly black listed would get their name cleared so they didnt spend the rest of their time playing gt5 online in the pool of bad players. He never said he would implament it, its was a suggestion of how PD could control his suggestion

The whole point as I see it is to leave the dirty/bad players playing eachother and the good players playing eachother so that they dont mix
 
Last edited:
We individually have a "block" list, so there's probably no need for a blacklist.
 
Back