Show Off Your Christmas Presents

• Thread starter W3H5
  • 43 comments

W3H5

Premium
Thailand
Thailand
I’m sure plenty of us have had a few early gifts, whether to ourselves or from somebody who didn’t care much for waiting for the 25th.

My wife bought me a lovely thing after my relentless complaining that my current tea cup is too small I have to keep remaking tea. If only there was a convenient way to brew a larger portion of tea to see me through the evening...:odd:

137AF0D2-7691-4C19-9171-A6FD9784EE13.jpeg

I’ve also ordered myself a briarwood chuchwarden pipe as a gift to myself so I can have longer smoking sessions. Cigs are just too brief for me these days.

I guess to break the pitying mood here, I know what my Christmas present will be from my parents: a new laptop. Which one will be up to me, and will probably buy it during Boxing Day.

Is this thread actually about showing off the Christmas presents you bought or going to get?
Whatever it is, in my case my post #6 is still accurate. >>>> Nothing at all.

This is something I'm giving, not receiving.

Each year I try think of something my 4 and 9 year old nephews will love, but will wind my sister up (in a nice way). Last year I gave them a 2' tall, 4kg chocolate Santa, which lasted until Easter. This year I'm giving them - along with their presents - an alternative Christmas card.

They're both into cars, and as I work in a scrapyard now, I had an idea: remove the letters from car boot (trunk) lids before they go to be crushed, spell out a Christmas greeting and stick them on a bonnet. It took about 2 months to make sure I had enough letters, and longer then I expected to get them stuck on, but now it's done and ready for tomorrow. Names blurred out to protect the guilty.

Ur0dsCn.jpg

Where it's going to go in a 2 bed flat I don't know, but the boys will get a kick out of it and that's what matters.

Last edited:
Roo
This is something I'm giving, not receiving.

Each year I try think of something my 4 and 9 year old nephews will love, but will wind my sister up (in a nice way). Last year I gave them a 2' tall, 4kg chocolate Santa, which lasted until Easter. This year I'm giving them - along with their presents - an alternative Christmas card.

They're both into cars, and as I work in a scrapyard now, I had an idea: remove the letters from car boot (trunk) lids before they go to be crushed, spell out a Christmas greeting and stick them on a bonnet. It took about 2 months to make sure I had enough letters, and longer then I expected to get them stuck on, but now it's done and ready for tomorrow. Names blurred out to protect the guilty.

View attachment 788518

Where it's going to go in a 2 bed flat I don't know, but the boys will get a kick out of it and that's what matters.
And now we have to work out which cars each letter came from...

I think I'm going to buy myself a few Christmas presents.

• Assetto Corsa packs
  • Automobilista
  • rFactor 2
  • maybe pCars 2
  • maybe Dirt Rally
  • maybe DCS world helicopters

EDIT: I'm in doubt. I tried the rFactor 2 demo and I'm not impressed. Although rF2 and AMS are true sims with, as I have read, awesome physics, the graphics are a dealbreaker. I love eye candy. :D

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of buying or getting presents for Christmas, because I usually like to buy things for myself whenever I want or give things other people need when they need them.

Still, among other tbings, got these two (I never complain about getting books):

IMG_20181225_000003.jpg

I'm not a fan of buying or getting presents for Christmas, because I usually like to buy things for myself whenever I want or give things other people need when they need them.

Still, among other tbings, got these two (I never complain about getting books):

View attachment 788635

I’ve been meaning to grab a copy of that Peterson book myself.

Aaaaand my pipe arrived!
0A3F9DC4-8A54-4AAC-9AE8-567880BFD804.jpeg

It’s hard to find a suitable picture for my "gift", so here’s the closest thing to it:
chaos-monkey.jpg

Yes, I more or less got a job for Christmas, it’s in a store but it’s certainly better than not having one. :lol:

Back