Show off your paints thread

• Thread starter JR98
  • 199 comments
Hi guys!
Car: Porsche 911 GT2 1992
Filename: Vaillant
Author: BXLUNLTD
S43M0m9h.jpg

Was working on a Falken livery. It took quite some while before I noticed the blurry Michelin stickers on the tyres :(
I also don't know why the logos are so blurry in that angle.

Attachments

• Unbenannt-2.png
    Unbenannt-2.png
    80.3 KB · Views: 29
The series I run with is getting ready to do a sort of replica of the iRacing Kamel GT series, so I've been working on liveries to give out to people who aren't good painters, but I still haven't decided which I'm going to use. So far I have:

1987 Sugiyama livery from the R87E that ran at the Fuji 1000km. It was a factory car so it had limited sponsorship, and the proportions of the GTP ZX are different than the R87E so it ends up looking a little bare. Waiting for numbers and a few finishing details based on whether anyone wants to run it.
Sugiyama.jpg

1986 Amada livery from Le Mans on the R85V. Again waiting on numbers.
Amada.jpg

1993 IMSA MOMO NPT-90. The different front end kinda messes up the front stripe... I'll make a custom matching font for the number if someone chooses to run it.
MOMO.jpg

Zexel livery based off the 1991 Spa 24 Hour winner.
Zexel.jpg

Clarion livery based loosely on the 1995 Le Mans R33.
Clarion 1.jpg

Clarion 2.jpg

Rad Racer NES game livery based off the splash screen.
Rad Racer.jpg

I also made a sort of replica of the Hasemi Tomica silhouette Skyline, and of the blue RM version from GT...2? Going to add a detail or two depending on whether anyone chooses it, and I'm still working on the color balance of the blue one, need to darken it up a bit.
Tomica R.jpg

Tomica B.jpg

I'm having more trouble working with the Audi as I generally find that Audis run with very boring liveries... But I did make this one based on an old Audi 80 that was run in the early to mid '80s.
Votex 1.jpg

Votex 2.jpg

Sorry for the lighting in some of these... I'm not a good photographer and got tired of re-loading tracks to get the right time of day... Special thanks to Turn 10 for not giving us control over time of day when setting up races.

Thanks!

Hopefully some that race with me will like them so I haven't wasted too much time. :lol:

I worked on a few more:

Nissan based roughly on 1988 R88C in teal/gold version:
Calsonic T.jpg

Some of the photos of the original blue/gold version are washed out a bit and some make the blue look sorta purple, so it inspired me to make a purple one as a team second car:
Calsonic P.jpg

Then I found some inspiration for a pair of Audis:

Bastos liveries were better known from BMWs in the '80s (this one being based more on a 5-series that ran at Spa) but meh, the Audi is german and a sedan... kinda. The livery is masked over gold so the trim for the white stripes shines, along with the headlight blanking:
Bastos.jpg

For this one I did a spoof livery. The modern Red Bull DTM cars have had very little other branding on them, so I only added a spoof of Total oil logo, and went with a simple layout under the logos trying to make it kinda "retro" feeling... I'm not completely happy with it though, but haven't figured out what to change/add yet:
Ded Bull.jpg

Thanks @PJTierney - it started out as a plain yellow Cooper with a couple of small decals on the door for the missus, as she wanted to know what hers would look like.

Then I got a bit carried away, although I'm pleased how it turned out.

Thanks @PJTierney - it started out as a plain yellow Cooper with a couple of small decals on the door for the missus, as she wanted to know what hers would look like.

Then I got a bit carried away, although I'm pleased how it turned out.
I think you got the balance. A few more logos would have cluttered up the car.

Hey! That looks REALLY nice! Is the rear end darker or is that just the garage lighting? They really need to fix that. Because is it SO frustrating to work on a paint job, getting it just right, and then taking it the track only to discover how much lighter the color is in the sunlight. Arrrrgh!

Hey! That looks REALLY nice! Is the rear end darker or is that just the garage lighting? They really need to fix that. Because is it SO frustrating to work on a paint job, getting it just right, and then taking it the track only to discover how much lighter the color is in the sunlight. Arrrrgh!

It's darker, and it was so fiddly lining up the decals since I used one of the gradient shapes, and it's a slightly different number (placement) on either side, and the fact the side of the car cuts through the top, or vice-versa; whatever way you want to look at it :irked:

Some touring cars this time.

The Audi was used for a spec series. Originally I wanted to base it on the markings from a German Panavia Tornado, but had a hard time finding high enough res pictures of the warnings and markings, plus the weathering turned out to be way harder than expected, so I just went with a general air-craft them. The bomb "kill marks" were added throughout the season of 6 nights, 18 races. Black for race wins, red for podiums, yellow for pole position.
TCR Audi 2.jpg

TCR Audi Fin.jpg

The series I run with ran an Alfa 155 spec series. I made an Alpilatte livery for it, and an inverted version for my teammate.
S57 Alfas.jpg

Roughly based on this GTV:
Alpilatte Cheese.jpg

A stock car is kind of a touring car right? Ran a NASCAR series that was mainly road courses but we had to run the ovals as well. I made this special "art car" livery just for the ovals to express my feelings for oval racing in Forza on a controller.

Daytona Art Car.jpg

It had some messages on the hood and rearend that changed depending on the oval we were going to, but they weren't artistic.

Done a lot of series since I last posted.

One was a multiclass season with the C7R for the upper class and Cruze WTCC car. Not terribly original, but I with a Corvette GTP styled livery.

GTP Goodwrench 2.PNG

After that we did a mix of cars and I made this livery for my Mercedes that likely no one will know what is, but it took a lot of time because it's all done as a mask to go over the top of gold.
Imperial Triumphant Vile Luxury.jpg

Later we did a spec R34 Skyline series. I used this Asahi livery made over polished aluminum.
Asahi Mor.PNG

I also made this Donut King livery but no one liked it enough to use it, but I thought it turned out good.
Donut King R34.PNG

I also made a few throwback liveries that ended up being used.
Amada Pair.PNGUJ R34.PNG

Then we did a Daytona Prototype series and I made this Havoline livery. It ended up with different numbers on it after someone took it.

f71cc902-b8a1-419f-bb68-da75c046c3d1.PNG

Then we did a Nissan IDx series and I made a bunch of classic inspired liveries for it, as well as a Norton V8 Supercar livery that I thought fit well on the car's shape.
IDx Set.jpg

My teammate and I ended up running this though.
MS Po.jpg

And finally we just finished a Kia/Hyundai multiclass season, and I ran this Stinger. Another livery likely no one will get. Wheels and stripes at the bottom are dark chrome... livery was supposed to have more of the masked stripes but the seam between the "top" and "side" of the car is weird and distorts thing so I had to simplify it. While I was kinda disappointed with it at first, I ended up feeling like it turned out okay.
Repvblika Kia.jpg

Back