Show off your paints thread

Discussion in 'Forza Motorsport 7' started by JR98, Sep 30, 2017.

1. bxlunltd

bxlunltd

Hi guys!
    Car: Porsche 911 GT2 1992
    Filename: Vaillant
    Author: BXLUNLTD
    [​IMG]

raven214 and barryf1fan like this.
  2. JPinto

JPinto

EDIT: Sorry, wrong thread.

3. PJTierney

PJTierney

4. Vinylshark

Vinylshark

Was working on a Falken livery. It took quite some while before I noticed the blurry Michelin stickers on the tyres :(
    I also don't know why the logos are so blurry in that angle.

Attached Files:

5. Morbid65

Morbid65

The series I run with is getting ready to do a sort of replica of the iRacing Kamel GT series, so I've been working on liveries to give out to people who aren't good painters, but I still haven't decided which I'm going to use. So far I have:

1987 Sugiyama livery from the R87E that ran at the Fuji 1000km. It was a factory car so it had limited sponsorship, and the proportions of the GTP ZX are different than the R87E so it ends up looking a little bare. Waiting for numbers and a few finishing details based on whether anyone wants to run it.
    Sugiyama.jpg

1986 Amada livery from Le Mans on the R85V. Again waiting on numbers.
    Amada.jpg

1993 IMSA MOMO NPT-90. The different front end kinda messes up the front stripe... I'll make a custom matching font for the number if someone chooses to run it.
    MOMO.jpg

Zexel livery based off the 1991 Spa 24 Hour winner. Zexel.jpg

Clarion livery based loosely on the 1995 Le Mans R33.
    Clarion 1.jpg
    Clarion 2.jpg

Rad Racer NES game livery based off the splash screen.
    Rad Racer.jpg

I also made a sort of replica of the Hasemi Tomica silhouette Skyline, and of the blue RM version from GT...2? Going to add a detail or two depending on whether anyone chooses it, and I'm still working on the color balance of the blue one, need to darken it up a bit.
    Tomica R.jpg
    Tomica B.jpg

I'm having more trouble working with the Audi as I generally find that Audis run with very boring liveries... But I did make this one based on an old Audi 80 that was run in the early to mid '80s.
    Votex 1.jpg
    Votex 2.jpg

Sorry for the lighting in some of these... I'm not a good photographer and got tired of re-loading tracks to get the right time of day... Special thanks to Turn 10 for not giving us control over time of day when setting up races.

6. AlienDeathRay

AlienDeathRay

nice work Morbid65 ! I like them all

7. Morbid65

Morbid65

Thanks!

Hopefully some that race with me will like them so I haven't wasted too much time. :lol:

I worked on a few more:

Nissan based roughly on 1988 R88C in teal/gold version:
    Calsonic T.jpg

Some of the photos of the original blue/gold version are washed out a bit and some make the blue look sorta purple, so it inspired me to make a purple one as a team second car:
    Calsonic P.jpg

Then I found some inspiration for a pair of Audis:

Bastos liveries were better known from BMWs in the '80s (this one being based more on a 5-series that ran at Spa) but meh, the Audi is german and a sedan... kinda. The livery is masked over gold so the trim for the white stripes shines, along with the headlight blanking:
    Bastos.jpg

For this one I did a spoof livery. The modern Red Bull DTM cars have had very little other branding on them, so I only added a spoof of Total oil logo, and went with a simple layout under the logos trying to make it kinda "retro" feeling... I'm not completely happy with it though, but haven't figured out what to change/add yet:
    Ded Bull.jpg

8. RikkiGT-R

RikkiGT-R Premium

IMG_20190102_102523.jpg IMG_20190102_102549.jpg IMG_20190102_102616.jpg

Yes these are posted from a smartphone as I hadn't intended on posting them here.

Hamann Mini Cooper S that I did for my wife (she's just bought a yellow Mini).
    I like it .

raven214, AlienDeathRay and VICGT1970 like this.
  9. PJTierney

PJTierney

RikkiGT-R likes this.
  10. RikkiGT-R

RikkiGT-R Premium

Thanks @PJTierney - it started out as a plain yellow Cooper with a couple of small decals on the door for the missus, as she wanted to know what hers would look like.

Then I got a bit carried away, although I'm pleased how it turned out.

11. PJTierney

PJTierney

I think you got the balance. A few more logos would have cluttered up the car.

RikkiGT-R likes this.
  12. kollberg82

kollberg82

In FM3 I did my own version of the Rockstar livery. I'm called Rauken, as home island is known for all the stone formation called Raul.

So decide to make a fast paint job in FM7 for a racing series. Better then have a boring plain paint on the car

Painted in FM7 and then imported to FH4 to take photos

IMG_20190106_173218.jpg IMG_20190106_173222.jpg

13. RikkiGT-R

RikkiGT-R Premium

IMG_20190110_204126.jpg IMG_20190110_204103.jpg IMG_20190110_204046.jpg IMG_20190110_204005.jpg IMG_20190110_203935.jpg

Thought I'd redesign the stock Liqui Moly Bentley Continental GT3 car, pretty much changed the colours to "Brit it up" a bit, added a couple of different logos and what not.

Think it turned out ok.

14. AlienDeathRay

AlienDeathRay

Hey! That looks REALLY nice! Is the rear end darker or is that just the garage lighting? They really need to fix that. Because is it SO frustrating to work on a paint job, getting it just right, and then taking it the track only to discover how much lighter the color is in the sunlight. Arrrrgh!

15. RikkiGT-R

RikkiGT-R Premium

It's darker, and it was so fiddly lining up the decals since I used one of the gradient shapes, and it's a slightly different number (placement) on either side, and the fact the side of the car cuts through the top, or vice-versa; whatever way you want to look at it :irked:

16. DG_Silva

DG_Silva

Team Dynamics BTCC 2019 5.jpg

I thought I'd just release this before the racing gets underway, it's the 2019 Halfords Team Dynamics Honda. Some of those logos, like the Diamondbrite, Reis and Baileigh logo, were just plain horrible....

17. GTracer38

GTracer38

Not even close to perfect but this is shared on FM7 for anyone who wants it.
    Alfa QR 1.jpg
    Alfa QR 2.jpg

Keywords - Racing / Realistic
    GT - MadRacer38
    Description - Alfa Racing

18. Morbid65

Morbid65

Some touring cars this time.

The Audi was used for a spec series. Originally I wanted to base it on the markings from a German Panavia Tornado, but had a hard time finding high enough res pictures of the warnings and markings, plus the weathering turned out to be way harder than expected, so I just went with a general air-craft them. The bomb "kill marks" were added throughout the season of 6 nights, 18 races. Black for race wins, red for podiums, yellow for pole position.
    TCR Audi 2.jpg
    TCR Audi Fin.jpg

The series I run with ran an Alfa 155 spec series. I made an Alpilatte livery for it, and an inverted version for my teammate.
    S57 Alfas.jpg

Roughly based on this GTV:
    Alpilatte Cheese.jpg

A stock car is kind of a touring car right? Ran a NASCAR series that was mainly road courses but we had to run the ovals as well. I made this special "art car" livery just for the ovals to express my feelings for oval racing in Forza on a controller.

Daytona Art Car.jpg

It had some messages on the hood and rearend that changed depending on the oval we were going to, but they weren't artistic.

Populuxe Cowboy likes this.