Show off your PC

Terronium-12

For My Mom, Always
United States
Brooklyn, NY
KR_Viper
I Renown I
I didn't see this anywhere, and I tried about several combination's of the titular reference, but here we are. Show of your PC and/or your workstation here. I'll start off.

(I hope I didn't overlook anything in the search results :crazy:)

Had this build for a while now, recently added some new bits to give the old boy some new life...

eqv2pg.jpg

2w3x6qt.jpg

Don't ask about the two DVD-Drives, it really seemed like a good idea at the time when I thinking this whole rig up. :dunce:

k0r4wl.jpg

Dirty speaker. Ew. :crazy:

2002o2x.jpg

2ij4so1.jpg

Is that a floppy drive in the media card reader? :lol:

Yeah, it's a multi-card reader. They still make em with floppies in case you need to save your grandma's windows 98 system.

Also, that 1000W PSU is a little overkill for that setup you got there, isn't it?

Is that a floppy drive in the media card reader? :lol:

Sure is. All of the tweaking and overclocking I do I'd need something to run any one of various applications from in MS-DOS mode, including MS-DOS itself. Not to mention RAID drivers don't really fancy coming pre-loaded onto anything but a floppy diskette.

Yeah, it's a multi-card reader. They still make em with floppies in case you need to save your grandma's windows 98 system.

Also, that 1000W PSU is a little overkill for that setup you got there, isn't it?

Originally, no. Still no, to be perfectly honest. I draw about 6-600+ from the main on a daily basis and it's ideal to have a fair bit of headroom anyhow.

You want to see a custom PC? Then feast your eyes on this:
NES_PC_Front_view_updated_by_nlck09.jpg

NES_PC_back_view_updated_by_nlck09.jpg

NES_PC_side_view_by_nlck09.jpg

NES_PC_top_front_view_by_nlck09.jpg

NES_PC_back_side_view_by_nlck09.jpg

NES_PC_left_side_view_by_nlck09.jpg

Inside_the_bottom_half_by_nlck09.jpg

Specs:
Core 2 Duo @ 2.93GHz
4GB of DDR2 800 ram
Onboard Nvidia GeForce 9300
640Gb WD 2.5" drive
300Watt PSU

It's a great system to run today's games on but it gets up to 176F after playing Godfather 2 for a few hours with the graphics setting to high. It's great to watch movies on the 34" HDTV.

Last edited:
hey,
The Nintendo is cool, but no proper work. I already saw one that was need.
but good mod.

Before this one I had an dell XPS600 (3.2GHz, 512Mb Video, 2GBRam)
Was a great build, but sadly (i noticed it after buying it, you can't upgrade) it died on me 3 weeks ago. last year i bought this one:

In it i got (homemade):
Thermaltake 1200w Psu
I7 920 (slightly overclocked to 3.2GHz) + upgraded cooler
Msi eclipse SLI mainboard
10Gb Ram ddr3 Crosair 1033
LG DVD Burner & LG BluRay Burner
XFX 280 GTX XXX
7.1 creative (came with mainboard)
500GB OS HDD
1 TB Storage
Hotswap Bay
G15 keyb.
G5? gaming mouse

PHOTO ADD:

The whole is combined with a Sony Bravia 40Z4500 as screen and tele
1910 Denon AVR
Canton Speakers

Last week we (family) bought this for my mom's bday (homemade):
thermaltake Case (with red leds...)
XFX 600w PSU
AMD X4 640 (3GHz)
4GBram DDR3
XFX Ati 5750 512 MB
Br Player
(the hole system costed 800€ and i chose every piece in it)

If you wanna see my raciing rig,head over to the appropriated thread

Last edited:
You want to see a custom PC? Then feast your eyes on this:
NES_PC_Front_view_updated_by_nlck09.jpg

NES_PC_back_view_updated_by_nlck09.jpg

NES_PC_side_view_by_nlck09.jpg

NES_PC_top_front_view_by_nlck09.jpg

NES_PC_back_side_view_by_nlck09.jpg

NES_PC_left_side_view_by_nlck09.jpg

Inside_the_bottom_half_by_nlck09.jpg

Specs:
Core 2 Duo @ 2.93GHz
4GB of DDR2 800 ram
Onboard Nvidia GeForce 9300
640Gb WD 2.5" drive
300Watt PSU

It's a great system to run today's games on but it gets up to 176F after playing Godfather 2 for a few hours with the graphics setting to high. It's great to watch movies on the 34" HDTV.

:lol: I love that.

Here's the rig in my Signature.
computer2010.jpg

computer2010b.jpg

Where's the toolbar? :D

Intel i7 920 @ 3.8ghz turbo (4.3ghz max sofar)
Xigmatek Dark Knight Heatsink/fan
6 gigs OCZ DDR 3 1600 RAM
ASRock X58 Extreme Motherboard
Sapphire Radeon HD 5850 1gb
CreAtive X-Fi Xtreme Music Soundcard
OCZ ModXtream 780watt psu
640gb + 250gb WD hdd
Logitech X-240 Speakers, Sennheiser HD 205 headphones w/ zalman mic
Logitech G500 mouse w/ OCZ eclipse mouse backup :P OCZ alchemy kb.
Samsung T200 22inch monitor
Antec Twelve Hundred Case
14kyyi9.jpg

9zrkhe.jpg

Some great-looking rigs so far.

I'll most likely upgrade (again) before the year is even mid-way through.

Gab, how much can be drawn from the 12 and 5v rails?

i think around 730w on the 12v, i dont remember the 5v off the top of my head. I got it for something like $50 when it normally sells for 120 :). Part of me wants to slap another 5850 in the rig... but I shouldn't have a rig this expensive in the first place lol.

This is what my computer looks like, lol

dell%20studio%20.jpg

Dell Studio 540
Intel E5300 @ 2.6ghz
2GB of DDR2 (soon to be 4GB)
Nvidia GTS240 1gb (oem only...it's a slightly faster 9800GT)
Western Digital 500GB 7200 rpm hard drive
Standard dvd burner, soon to be accompanied by a Liteon Blu Ray drive
Things connected to the computer:

Dell 2407 WFP
Logitech MX Revolution
Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80 ohm headphones

Update from my NES PC topic:
Well here is a new update for the NES PC and the information is from my DA page because I don't feel like typing it again.
NES_PC_side_view_updated_by_nlck09.jpg

Well for this update I added a fan next to the hard drive and it does wonders for it. After just adding the fan the hard drive temps dropped by 20F to 80-90F while browsing the net and watching videos. The gpu and the cpu also did lose a few degrees but not by much. What's also nice is that the fan is only 25DB even though its a 60mm fan and makes about 12cfm(cubic feet per minute). Another good thing is that the fan does not add much noise to the overall machine noise. So AC/DC's song Back in Black when turned up to 35DB on the 5.1 surround sound set covers almost all of the machine noise. So when watching videos the machine sound does interfere too much at all.

This is after running the NES PC for the night downloading files and the HDD is running fine and is performing fine. I just got to see the temps after playing Godfather II. But I won't be doing that anytime soon because I have recently had all of my wisdom teeth removed.
NES_PC_back_view_updated_2_by_nlck09.jpg

The only update I did here is that I cut the plastic that was in the way of the power and data cable for the blu-ray drive. The white part you see next the blu-ray drive is the new 60mmx12mm fan which barely fitted against the wireless card and the screw hole to the right of the fan.

The result of the new modification is that the NES PC does not have the plastic bent in the back and makes it harder to tell between a regular NES and this NES PC from the front view.

You can view the other pictures here.

It was a tad hard process because of my recent wisdom teeth removal surgery.

Yeah mines a fairly generic looking PC, nothing like those beasts above. Why I took a picture of it on my landing I have no idea.

dsc05316cs4.jpg

Late 2009 MacBook.
Only Upgrade from the base is 4GB of RAM over the standard 2GB.

Specs for my setup:

Core i5-750 processor @ 3.4ghz
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Heatsink + Xigmatek 120mm fan in "push/pull"
2x2 GB Corsair DDR3 1600--9-9-9-24 timings
HIS 5850 1GB graphics card
Corsair 650TX PSU
Cooler Master Storm Sniper/Black Edition Case
Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3L LGA 1156 mobo
ASUS VH236H Black 23" monitor

CPU-Z/Core temp screenshots @ 3.4ghz:
71213029.jpg

Shots of my rig:

hpim9214v.jpg
hpim9225.jpg

hpim9219.jpg

The inside of the Sniper is HUGE. I think I did a decent job of cable management, but it could be better...meh. The main clutter comes from the daisy-chained case fan connectors. I need to eventually get them sorted a little better.

hpim9222.jpg

Also, I'm just guessing, but I'd say this case is definitely big enough for a 5970, not that I'm ever getting one :lol:

hpim9220.jpg

I really love this rig. I sold my old HP Pavillion/E5200/4GB RAM/4870, and used the proceeds (and tax refund money) to pay for this rig. I got it up and running at the end of January, and the difference in performance is unbelievable compared to the E5200 computer. The core i5 just eats up everything you can throw at it 👍 And when you pair it with the 5850, this rig just destroys games. I can run rFactor on max settings with AF @ 16 and 30 car grids, and I never drop below 60/70 FPS :D
But I think I'm going to dial the CPU back to stock speeds, because even then it's plenty enough for gaming, although it does slightly bottleneck the 5850 at 2.67ghz--by maybe 6-8% in terms of frames per second. Heck, it may even be a slight bottleneck at 3.4ghz, I haven't pushed it any higher to test it.

Last edited:
Jeez some of you have some epic builds there... however that's how I thought of mine a couple of years back. i7 = Want.

Since I'm generally a lazy bastard have a video instead.

In order left to right...

Samsung 2333SW + My PC + Logitech X530 5.1 + Logitech G25 + PS2 + Xbox

ASUS VK222U + PS3 + Logitech 2 generic speakers + Logitech Driving Force

HP L1706 + PC 1 + 2 Printers

ViewSonic VA1912w + PC 2

Sony BRAVIA KDL 46"

Only difference is that the TV is now a 46" Sony BRAVIA.

675A0403.jpg

AMD Athlon X2 dual-core processor 4050e
(Operates at 2.1GHz, 1024KB L2 cache)
And a Nvidia 8500GT(got it for free :) )
675A0404.jpg

Im also getting the most I can outta the 32bit sysem and upgrading to 4 gb of ram. Even if it dont do a WHOLE lot.

Compaq SR1110NX with a Celeron D 2.53 GHZ,
512 MB RAM,
40 GB HD and 12GB with Ubuntu.
15" Dell monitor.

i plan on building my own windows based PC in a couple of years time, once ive done my A-Levels. Ive got the late 2009 21.5" iMac to keep me going! MBP arriving for when i go to college!

My beast

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 OC'd to 3.8GHZ
OCZ 2x2GB ram @ 1066Mhz
XFX Nvidia 780i Tri-Sli capable mobo
XFX Nvidia GTX280 @ 670/1248
Gigabyte 9400GT for 3rd Monitor
2xSeaGate 500GB 7200.12 drives in raid 0
2xWD cavier 500GB HDD's
3x Acer 22inch monitors
BOSE AM10 5.1 surround sound
+ using Softth For ultrawide gaming @ 5040x1050 res
Tri-Boot OS's:XP 32, Vista 64 and Win 7 64 OEM.

DSC_0651.jpg

DSC_0492.jpg

IMG_2113.jpg

mainly built for sim racers like gtr2 and iracing but now i barely do gaming on it because im so busy these days...

Last edited:
Idling around 50-55degrees.. on load gets around 60-70.. n also keep in mind the ac's are always running so the room is pretty chill.

Latest Posts

Back