Show us your drift car

• Thread starter andre_pt
  • 112 comments
What’s the best way to start,

Trial by fire. Go to the open lobbies and filter the lobbies by track selection: Suzuka Circuit East Course.

It's the S-turns at Suzuka, teaches you the basics and how to link transitions.

Use Comfort Hard to Comfort Soft tires only. Feather your throttle inputs and use Drift Tab in the tuning menu of your car.

Well trial by fire didn’t go too badly, jumped into a lobby with some proper sideways regulars. Was recommended to start with the rx7 (the old one) but really struggled with it because of the weight transfer. Nearly gave up for the night but thought I’ll try another car quickly before I leave. Just happened to chose the s2000 and fell in love with it instantly. Much easier to control and was able to start to link up through the esses.
Now for a paint job!
upload_2020-5-15_1-10-44.png

Well trial by fire didn’t go too badly, jumped into a lobby with some proper sideways regulars. Was recommended to start with the rx7 (the old one) but really struggled with it because of the weight transfer. Nearly gave up for the night but thought I’ll try another car quickly before I leave. Just happened to chose the s2000 and fell in love with it instantly. Much easier to control and was able to start to link up through the esses.
Now for a paint job!
View attachment 920721

Yea the FC and FD RX-7s are not the best choice for beginners.

I usually advise for naturally aspirated cars as turbo lag or violent turbos aren't a good mix for someone starting out.

I recommend the Camaro SS and Hellcat. The Camaro is very forgiving, has lots of torque, and is also easy to drift on Road Tab if you want to experiment. I recommend running very low camber, she likes to swing out on her own, she doesn't need help :P

A basic overview:

Drift Tab allows for more steering angle which allows you to hold more angle without spinning at the cost of being slower.

Road Tab allows for faster drifts but at the cost of lower steering angle, which means lower overall angle, and you'll spin easier.

When you're out there drifting, do what suits your driving style. Don't listen to the Road Tab or CH tire purists. Their toxic arguments are a major bore and it's best to just ignore them.

I run a maxed out Supra on CS tires and a maxed out Z/28 Camaro on CS tires both on Drift Tab. I run a maxed out Turn 14 BRZ on Road Tab with CH tires and I run a C2 Corvette on CMs using Drift Tab. I also run a bone stock Hellcat on CH and a maxed out Tesla on CMs.

Point is: Use what you like, when you like, how you like.

Keep Drifting Fun

Last edited:
In the “online racing” forum there is a thread that lists all the events with regional times etc. Would be good to set one up for GTPlanet members to be able to find consistent drift lobbies if someone’s got the time to moderate it.

I feel we hardly post anything in here!! :confused::confused: Where is everyone!!

Been busy with life :/ havent touched my console in over three months. I'll probably be back this summer. Hopefully I'll have my rig all setup by then too.

But you look great out there! Keep at it!

The last few cars I built/updated before I went offline:

Samurai Gr.3 Mustang.

PS_Messages_20200912_133603.jpg

PS_Messages_20200912_133610.jpg

Leaving the Camaro for the Mustang

PS_Messages_20200912_145806.jpg

Hakuro (Z4) and Kagero (M6)

PS_App_20201223_081229.jpeg

PS_App_20201223_083746.jpeg

PS_App_20201223_083751.jpeg

Added highlights to the splitter and spoiler on Hakuro, as well as modifying the decals and adding a quarter panel Falken arch decal.

PS_App_20201228_095300.jpeg

PS_App_20201228_095305.jpeg

Also added a proper rear-mounted radiator :D

PS_App_20201228_095310.jpeg

Updated my old Drift Comp car:

• a roof pattern,
  • fixed some of the dirt/scuff effects,
  • added highlight strips to the grill, splitter, and spoiler as well as weathered them,
  • added some warning labels near the exhausts,
  • added extinguisher and power labels for the switches by the windshield,
  • added front and rear row hook indicators,
  • and painted the rims black.

PS_App_20201228_094131.jpeg

PS_App_20201228_094138.jpeg

Last edited:
This is the car I'm using currently. It's yellow because that's the car that I started out with drifting back in Gran Turismo 3! A yellow Supra, on Midfield Raceway at the time. It's really easy to drift with as well, with just a few basic settings. I feel it can do pretty much anything atm.

drift auto.png

Last edited:
These aren't my main cars at all, however these were some requests i got to try out and the shots i got with them, however my main drift car is the Gr. 2 RC F or the M6 GT3 Walkenhorst because front engine rwd and alot of power, as well as for jokes but the honda beat can be converted to a nice slow speed drift car

Attachments

• PS_App_20210510_032101.jpeg
    PS_App_20210510_032101.jpeg
    49.2 KB · Views: 12
  • PS_App_20210510_031955.jpeg
    PS_App_20210510_031955.jpeg
    44.6 KB · Views: 12
  • PS_App_20210510_032000.jpeg
    PS_App_20210510_032000.jpeg
    48.2 KB · Views: 11
Back