Shuffle Mode

  • Thread starter Thread starter xNEVER-ONEx
  • 48 comments
  • 6,777 views
I'm not exactly happy with the online mode; it crashes frequently, i get stuck in race watch mode and then have to quit the game to get out, the hosts are idiots and rarely set proper regulations; but one bright spot for me is the shuffle mode. Basically if you have not played it yet, what it does is gives everyone a random (and fairly equal), and so what you get are very exciting races. Its more interesting for than 1 make races as the cars are different and do perform differently, but not to the point where 1 guy has a clear advantage.

So anyways, I was just wondering why is this game mode so unpopular. I mean rarely see it. I think if PD expands the shuffle mode (right now, I think there are only lower end street cars available), this could become a hit. Any other fans out there of this mode?

I do add me
 
I've used the shuffle mode a few times online myself and find it fun. It's a nice change from the norm as its the better drivers who tend to shine. Just a shame that the cars that are shuffled tend not to be the fastest but a good mode nonetheless.
 
I do add me

Add me too love them but the bug makes me wary of joining public servers so a friends run 1 would be great
 
Add me to the list of people who tried shuffle mode and liked it. I think it's a great concept and Shuffle mode is ideal for public lobbies as it really equalizes things out.

I do agree that the car selections could be better. It would be nice to set a slider for HP or weight numbers. And I've yet to ever see a premium car come up--they're all standard models. But if you select a track like the Eiger K-trail, you'll likely get an AWD car with dirt tires, which was quite interesting.
 
I love the mode but it always crashes on me. I find I have had the most fun races with it. Wish I could do it more.
 
I love the mode but it always crashes on me. I find I have had the most fun races with it. Wish I could do it more.

Yeah same here, trying to find 10 people who enjoy shuffle races that way I know I can join a server thats been set up ready for everyone to join before the race is started that way cutting out the lock up joining midrace bug
 
And I've yet to ever see a premium car come up--they're all standard models.

Actually, they do use the '54 Mercedes at times. I've had it in a few different shuffle races.

And... back on topic: yes, this is a great online mode. I agree that the car list used here could be expanded. though. It would be nice to have a few different groupings from which to select. With over 1000 different cars, it's hard to fathom why we have a selection of what seems to be about 20 different cars for this mode.
 
I play this mode alot and its most fun and most fair you can get in GT online (same as "Same Cars" mode). I would love to see more cars there, some premium models, fast Japans tuners, Muscle cars, Racing cars (now there are only low HP street cars) I create a Online Lobby almost every day.. This takes some part of it.. and people do enjoy it, My server is Full every time!
 
This is the thread that finally got me to register. Long time lurker.

I love shuffle races and I couldn't agree more with the suggestions in this thread. Being able to change tires or specify classes of cars would be great.
 
i like shuffle except for the tire choice
 
My favourite online game mode by far. There's often really good, clean and tight races.
I first started doing them, because I got tired of all the normal mode races being on racing softs. even on 200hp races! ridiculous
 
which is what it will turn into, I for one love the fact that its restricted to low power cars with CS tyres more even more fair last time i played it had 3 good races with a bunch of germans though having a honda city turbo up against faster cars makes the challenge a little harder but even better when its also a fair race
 
Started a shuffle race for people to enjoy. If it's popular I might do it every couple of days...

1472-6399-8408-2428-5703
 
Shuffle mode is my favorite online racing, too. It also puts you behind the wheel of a lot of cars you wouldn't normally try, and it's interesting switching from RWD one race to FWD the next to AWD the next.
 
Me and my friend think we've figured out how to get good cars on shuffle mode.
You have to set the minimum bhp high
 
Me and my friend think we've figured out how to get good cars on shuffle mode
You have to set the minimum bhp high
I hope thats the case 👍 Shuffle racing is great fun :D
 
Me and my friend think we've figured out how to get good cars on shuffle mode.
You have to set the minimum bhp high

That won't work as you cannot set a minimum bhp requirement, and switching to shuffle mode switches bhp to no limit anyway
 
Shuffle races are brilliantly, its the only thing i have been playing online.
 
Back