Sick's Race Room - CLOSED - Thank you to all who participated

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sick Cylinder
  • 570 comments
  • 62,216 views

Which Unicorn Cars do you have?


  • Total voters
    23
Results from Tokyo Expressway Central Outer Loop

Race 1:
Race 1.jpg


Race 2:
Race 2.jpg


Standings:
Wed Leaderboard.jpg
 
Ah well, my winning streak has ended after 27 consecutive wins in Sick's Race Room...
 
A note for all you GTsport-ers that are racing this evening. There's a PlayStation system update that you'll need to download and install prior to racing. It's not big but you need to factor in the extra time.

Have fun. :)
 
Would it be possible for me to join you guys this Wednesday?

Cheers, Zo.
 
Sorry if I've overlooked this elsewhere chaps, but can someone give me an idea of what car/circuit we'll be having tonight?

Cheers, Zo.
 
It tends to be announced very late @Zolon32 so just keep an eye on here, but also on the PS network; if you are not still in the PSN group for these Wednesday races, let me know and I'll add you in.
 
It tends to be announced very late @Zolon32 so just keep an eye on here, but also on the PS network; if you are not still in the PSN group for these Wednesday races, let me know and I'll add you in.
Is it not same car tonight, Half?
 
It will be, I'm sure, so the Mazda RX7 '90 at N200 BOP.
Sick has in the meantime added to the PSN chat that it will be Tsukuba tonight.
 
New series starts this Wednesday - 26th May 2021 - using the De Tomaso Pantera at N300 at Brands Hatch GP!
 
Today's round will be at the Red Bull Ring (not the short version).

In 1972 De Tomaso took the win in the GT class in 1972 at the Osterreichring - the drivers were: Alex Janda and Hans Schulze-Schwering.

I know John didn't know much about the De Tomaso Pantera - it competed in the GT class of the World Sports Car Championship between 1972 and 1979. The cars were imported by Ford into the USA between 1971 and 1975 where they were sold through Ford's Lincoln-Mercury dealers - approximately 5,500 were sold in the US - 7,260 cars were produced in total.

The car used a Ford 351 cubic inch (5.8 litre) engine mated to a 5 speed ZF transaxle - it earned a reputation for poor reliability - I believe Elvis Presley got so angry with his Pantera that he shot it!


https://www.elvis.com.au/presley/elvis-presleys-1971-de-tomaso-pantera.shtml
 
Newsflash - Pantera upgraded to N400

Following feedback on performance and to make the car more lively and realistic we will run the rest of the series at N400 - purchase stage 1 for power and weight then select N400.
 
The car used a Ford 351 cubic inch (5.8 litre) engine mated to a 5 speed ZF transaxle - it earned a reputation for poor reliability - I believe Elvis Presley got so angry with his Pantera that he shot it!

Poor Elvis, shooting, his car.
 
Poor Elvis, shooting, his car.
Poor car!

I always fancied owning a Pantera GTS as a kid.
de-tomaso-pantera-supercar-wallpaper-preview.jpg



While looking for the above picture I saw this Pantera Restomod. Quite subtle and I really quite like it.
ring-brothers-adrnln-pantera.jpg
 
Nice to drive as well Paul.
 
Last edited:
Results from Red Bull Ring:

Race 1:
Race 1.jpg


Race 2: (note the screenshot does not reflect the 1-second penalty given to @richroo; final result shown in standings)
Race 2.jpg


Standings:
Wed Leaderboard.jpg
 
Back