Sideways: Bonus Page - Discovering Myself

Philippines
Manila, PH
TakuKanonji22
Hi again, guys! After some consulting and some convincing from our fellow GTPlanet members, I have decided to continue on writing with this new book. It's the sequel of Millisecond and the plot takes place right after it. (Note: Takuharu Kanonji has not been born yet in this plot)

This is all about Takanori, and his half brother, Axel, taking on racing disciplines that are not in their vocabulary. Plus, Takanori will meet a new rival who has mysterious origins....

Enjoy Reading!

Page 1 - Hit The Dirt!

Slices of beef are sizzling on an iron pan. And then the fan flips, making the uncooked sides of the meat getting the heat so that it would be cooked. Doing the cooking is none other than Makoto, who now resides in a new home along with her husband, Takanori.

They are living in a luxurious and big condominium unit with a suite in Roppongi Hills in Tokyo. They have been living in it for 4 months, and the unit was given to them by Gan - Makoto's father - as a wedding gift. Makoto's belly has noticeably gotten bigger due to her pregnancy.

Then she hears a doorbell. Upon opening the door, it's Takanori who has just arrived.

Takanori: "Tadaima."

Makoto: "Okaeri."

(Tadaima is greeted by someone arriving home and Okaeri is the response. These greetings are used by family members only.)

Takanori: "I smell something good."

Makoto: "I'm cooking up steak today! And it comes with fried rice as well!"

Takanori: "My wife is really a good cook!"

Makoto: "Actually, I've been watching your twin's cooking videos on YouTube. That's where I learn some of his signature dishes."

Takanori: "I didn't know that Aniki came up with his own cooking lessons! I wish he was still here today...."

Makoto: "So, how's your day today?"

Takanori: "I have a new contract. I am working with Ben-san again."

Makoto: "Really? That's nice."

Takanori: "But I will be away for long, though. I hope I am here when our child will be born."

Makoto: "It's okay. You gotta put something on the table."

Takanori: "Well, you're right."

Makoto: "But is it really okay for your mother to be alone in her home?"

Takanori: "Well, she already had hired more employees for the shop. Plus, it's okay with her. And we do need to have time for ourselves here, right? Besides, I visit her every morning until afternoon to help her out at the shop."

Makoto: "That's good. Hey, I think our dinner is ready."

Takanori: "All right! I'm waiting at the table!"

Early next morning, Takanori is jogging around. Then he encounters Axel who is taking a leisurely walk.

Takanori: "Onii-san!"

Axel: "Takanori!"

Takanori: "Hey, how are you! And what brings you here?"

Axel: "I would be living here for long. I am very interested in your culture, Takanori."

Takanori: "But how about Katrine?"

Axel: "She'll move in with me here soon."

Takanori: "I see. Hey, we can hang out tonight! That'll be a start!"

Axel: "Sure thing!"

Takanori: "You will learn a lot from this country, Onii-san! For starters, I'll take you somewhere nice tonight."

Axel: "What could that be?"

Takanori: "Something you'll find exhilarating and artful!"

Axel: "Exhilarating and artful? Hmmmmm....."

Takanori: "You'll find out later what that is!"

In the vineyards of Toscana, Italy. Peace surrounds the entire morning when suddenly....

....a Subaru Impreza WRC tears up the gravel.

7690463310_971612eb97_c.jpg

It performs a high speed drift.

7690463658_62d5f0fb62_c.jpg

Then it instantly picks up speed thanks to the anti-lag system.

7690463966_a67888c672_c.jpg

It gets some air.

7690464276_23cfdc729c_c.jpg

Then it performs another magnificent high speed drift.

7690463006_ab8a3a91c4_c.jpg

It slows down and stops at a tent. Inside the tent is a man in his 50s named Sander McCarthy. While talking to his crew, the driver of the Impreza steps out and takes off his helmet. He is a young man in his 20s and he has a blue bowl cut hair with his bangs loose.

Sander: "How's the car, Nikko Sakamoto?"

Nikko: "Perfect. The settings you put in are in match for rallying."

Sander: "That's nice to hear, chap. Anyways, let's get out of here. We call this a day. The mechanics are not yet done with the car, though."

Nikko: "Understood."

So the entire crew pack up and load the car up in the trailer truck. In the van, Nikko is just glancing at the window.

Nikko: "I wonder who my rivals are?"

Sander: "I heard of a very popular racing car driver from Japan who wants to have a taste of rallying. You must do the honors..."

Nikko: "Who could that be?"

Sander: "He is Takanori Kanonji. Apparently, he has a new contract working for my older brother."

Nikko: "I see. I'm eager to see him..."

Sander: "Soon, chap. Soon..."

Then Sander puts up a smile on his face.

Sander: ("Ben... I will be the one that will end your crew's winning streak. You think Takanori can beat Nikko, who is really experienced in rallying? I want to see that!")

And so, the convoy now cruises along the highway.

End of Page 1

Last edited:
Cant wait for the next chapter bro! Keep it up! Youre stories are what inspired me to write my fanfic. Dont stop! :)

Page 2 - A Work of Art

At the evening, Takanori and Axel take a subway train to Shibuya. While waiting to arrive at the Shibuya station, Axel is looking around inside the train.

Axel: "The train scenes portrayed in the movies are much different."

Takanori: "It's evening. But if you ride at around 7 and 8 in the morning, you will regret it."

Axel: "Why's that?"

Takanori: "Tokyo has just one of the busiest train systems in the world, you know? Plus, you can even get in the wrong train because of too many train lines that can confuse you. And most of the people in Tokyo would usually take the train because roads in Tokyo can get congested in the morning, you know? And if you do ride in the rush hour, some station personnel will actually push you in the train even if it gets cramped like you're in a can of sardines."

Axel: "Ouch. Huh, no wonder people here are fit."

Takanori: "Even if I do have a car, I'd still prefer taking a train, especially if the place I intend to go to is just a station away."

Axel: "And also, I even had a hard time finding a place to live in here..."

Takanori: "Not really surprising. Tokyo is really small, much smaller than any other prefectures in the country. Since it's the capital, a lot would prefer living here, of course. So finding a place to live here is really hard. So, where do you live?"

Axel: "In a condominium in Roppongi Hills too."

Takanori: "Wow! Then we're just neighbors! How much did you buy the unit?"

Axel: "Yeah, I live in a building just across the street. Well, I can't really mention the price since it's too expensive."

Takanori: "Yeah, a condo unit in Roppongi is really expensive. But it's filled with world-class luxury."

Axel: "So, where are we going anyway?"

Takanori: "In Route 5. You'll love the scene there..."

Axel: "A scene?"

Takanori: "Yep.."

They have arrived at Shibuya Station. Then they head out and take a walk. Takanori leads Axel to a stairway that leads to the highway.

**************************************************************************************************

Upon ascending, Axel hears some loud exhaust noises of cars revving from a distance. Then they walk past by some Harajuku girls and cosplay girls standing beside their heavily-tuned cars.

Axel: "I hear some car sounds. Plus, why are we walking on a highway?"

Takanori: "It's closed for tonight."

Then they head in a tunnel which is actually a curved road. They stand behind a guardrail.

Takanori: "Let's stay here."

Axel: "Huh? What is this all about?"

Takanori: "Just wait and see."

Then suddenly, a black S13 Silvia drifts past them.

7697748636_cf5fb1780f_c.jpg

Axel: "Whoa..."

And a Mazda RX-7 FC3S.

7697748352_ff5fbc5d01_c.jpg

Takanori: "I shall proudly present to you...

....DRIFTING!!!"

Axel: "Amazing! Well, back home in Germany, we don't have these types of events."

Takanori: "That's odd. Drifting is popular all throughout the world!"

Axel: "But I don't really get it why. I mean, putting your car to slide can slow you down, right?"

Takanori: "True. But you do it with style! It's not about getting to the finish line first; it's all about impressing the crowd! You know, precision driving can get boring sometimes."

Axel: "I have experienced oversteer. But that happens at the corner exits especially for a rear wheel drive car that you have to control the throttle and do the opposite lock to keep it straight."

Takanori: "That could be true in your case. But here, you intend to set the car loose and control it all the way through the corner!"

Axel: "Interesting..."

Takanori: "Omoshiroi da yo! Well, there are legally sanctioned drifting events though. And I think you should give it a try!"

Axel: "Sounds good! So what do I need?"

Takanori: "A rear wheel drive car; preferably front-engined."

Axel: "No problem. I shall head down to the used car lot by tomorrow. Can you help me pick out the right car? Besides, I want to enjoy living here, even though I am half-Japanese and I am loving this country already."

Takanori: "Sure, Onii-san! Mondai nai yo!"

Axel: "Arigato Gozaimasu!

**************************************************************************************************

In Italy, Sander knocks on the door of Nikko's room in the hotel. Nikko opens and lets the man in.

Sander: "We will check out. The crew will send back the Impreza to Japan for further tuning. We will also go there as well, as I want to see my daughter.

Nikko: "Is that so? I'm fine with it."

Sander: "I know you're eager to see him... and I shall give you the opportunity. We are going to meet your rival crew, which is of course run by my brother who I'm also eager to see. A reunion, perhaps."

Nikko: "That sounds like a nice idea. Besides, I miss my home..."

Sander: "Just don't do anything drastic, okay? After all, you did agree to work on my conditions, remember?"

Nikko: "Of course, just as long as my wish is granted."

Sander: "Good. Well, I'll be back in my room to pack my luggage. You do the same. We'll check out at lunch time."

Nikko: "Understood."

Suddenly, his left sleeve slightly pulls up as puts down his left arm. It reveals a Kanji tattoo on his skin:

磨

Which reads as "Ma".

End of Page 2

Last edited:
Page 3 - The Meet Up

So the next day, Axel and Takanori head over to the used car lot in Shinjuku. They see a lot of sports cars in that lot which take Axel by surprise.

Axel: "This isn't just an ordinary car lot!"

Takanori: "Racers frequent this place for performance cars. They RARELY sell family cars, vans or SUVs here."

Axel: "Wow!"

Takanori: "We are looking for a front-engined rear wheel drive car."

Axel: "Yep, for its ideal balance. So, what do drifters use?"

Takanori: "It all boils down to preference, really. If you think that you can control that car, then you can do impressive drifts with it, of course."

Axel: "Well, what's your suggestion?"

Takanori: "Um.... uh.... How about that one?"

Takanori points at a Mazda Roadster (NB).

Axel: "Hmmmm... it looks cute. But I think its short wheelbase will kill me."

Takanori: "You're right."

Axel: "How about that AE86 Trueno?"

Takanori looks at the AE86, but it was marked as sold."

Takanori: "Shoot! It's sold already."

Then he suddenly sees a blue Nissan Silvia S15 being parked with the cars at the lot.

Takanori: "An S15 Silvia!"

Axel: "What!?"

Takanori: "There it is.... it's actually rare nowadays to see a Spec R Silvia at the lot."

Axel: "How much does it cost?"

Takanori asks the car salesman how much and then returns back to Axel.

Takanori: "Only 1.5 million yen. Not bad, considering its pristine state!"

Axel: "Now that you saw it, is it a drifter's toy?"

Takanori: "Absolutely! The S15 already comes with LSD as standard, which is essential in drifting as well! Plus, tuning it is very easy, with the SR20DET engine's ability to cope up with extensive tuning."

Axel: "I'll take it!"

The two head to the office to make a purchase. The salesman hands over the keys to Axel.

Axel: "All right! Now, let's start her up!"

The two get in the S15. Axel starts it up, and the SR20DET produces a healthy exhaust note. The turbo boost is on the right mark as well.

Takanori: "Very pristine car! Even the boost works properly."

Axel: "It has run just 5000 kilometers. Even so, I'm sure the owner takes his time to maintain this car thoroughly."

Takanori: "The good thing is, that you're lucky to find a car in Japan that has a very good condition. Most 2nd hand cars here have problems, especially the performance cars that the owners would opt to bring them to tuning shops to have it fixed which just add to their expenses.

Axel: "Well then, let's go!"

They are cruising around the city center. Then Axel notices Takanori just glancing by at the window, with a gloomy face.

7702923498_e836f7a8a9_c.jpg

Axel: "Something wrong?"

Takanori: "Well, I just thought of Aniki.... He and I bickered when we left that car lot. We were arguing about the cars we just bought. I miss those days that we bicker all day... even before we sleep."

Axel: "I see. Is he really that special to you?"

Takanori: "Sou da yo! Aniki wa totemo tokubetsu na hito da yo! Wakaranai yo!"

Axel: "I see.... You must be really affected after what happened."

Takanori: "Sorry, I just got carried away. I burst out in Japanese even when I'm talking to a foreigner."

7702923812_3a7851656e_c.jpg

Axel: " I should be the one apologizing.... Anyways, what are the techniques in drifting?"

Takanori: "Techniques? Hmmmm.... There are lots of them, actually. Power drift, zero countersteer, clutch kick, braking drift, Scandinavian Flick, and etc..."

Axel: "Scandinavian Flick? Isn't that a rallying technique?"

Takanori: "Yep, but it's also used in drifting events too."

Axel: "Is that so? Then I must learn a lot, huh?"

Then suddenly, Takanori's phone rings.

Takanori: "Hello? Oh, it's you, Ben-san! How are you?"

Ben: "You've got to come to my place now. I have something important to tell you."

Takanori: "Right now? What a drag..."

Ben: "Enough complaining and get your arse here."

Takanori: "Hai hai... mendokusai yo, Oyaji."

Takanori ends the call.

Takanori: "Hey, I'm sorry, but Ben-san is summoning me right now."

Axel: "Oh, then I'll drop you off. Where does he live?"

Takanori: "He lives in Yokohama in Kanagawa Prefecture. It's about an hour away from here. Take the highway, I'll give you directions."

Nikko and Sander have arrived at Tokyo's Haneda Airport. Then they ride in a taxi.

Sander: "I'm sure you're eager to be home, huh?"

Nikko: "Of course."

Sander: "My daughter is more eager to see you than me. Huh, have you gotten close?"

Nikko: "Well, we do talk a lot, that's why."

Sander: "That's good. My daughter focuses too much on her profession. At least she has someone to talk to."

Nikko: "Where are we going?"

Sander: "In Yokohama. We're meeting someone..."

Nikko: "Is it Takanori?"

Sander: "Of course."

An hour later, they have arrived at Ben's residence in Yokohama. Ben is seen smoking at the garden, with Takanori waiting inside.

Ben: "They're here."

Sander: "It's been a while, big brother!"

Ben: "Is he your driver?"

Sander: "Of course. Oh, meet my rally driver, Nikko Sakamoto. Nikko, this is my brother, Ben."

Nikko bows before Ben.

Nikko: "It's a pleasure to meet you."

Ben: "No need for that gesture. Anyways, let's go in. You have another person to meet."

As they get in, Takanori immediately notices Nikko and observes him.

Takanori: "Is he my rival? I suppose..."

Then they sit together.

Sander: "Greetings. I suppose you are the famous Takanori Kanonji, huh?"

Takanori: "That's right."

Sander: "Oh, meet your rival, Nikko Sakamoto."

Takanori: "Yoroshiku."

Nikko: "Douzo Yoroshiku onegaishimasu."

The two shake hands.

Ben: "Now then, shall we talk business?"

Sander: "Really? It's not business... it's racing."

Ben: "I know. I'm sure you have a very potential driver sitting next to you. I wish you good luck."

Sander: "I am a lot more confident than before."

Ben: "That's good to hear."

Sander: "Takanori, have you done rallying before?"

Takanori: "Unfortunately, I haven't."

Sander: "I see. Then my brother should train you for that right now. How can you beat Nikko in that condition?"

Takanori: "I'll give my very best."

Ben: "That's right. Just you wait..."

Sander: "I'm looking forward to that. May the best crew win."

Ben: "I'm looking forward to that too."

Suddenly, Sander's phone rings. It's a text message from his mechanics.

Sander: "Well, sorry to cut this short. We have to go, as we have things to attend to. Please excuse us."

Sander and Nikko stand up, with the latter bowing before Takanori and Ben before he can leave.

Ben: "Nikko is a polite guy huh? But don't let that throw you off."

Takanori: "Don't worry. I'll give rallying a try. But why have I found this out just now?"

Ben: "My apologies. I should have told you that the other day, but I was too preoccupied arranging this meeting with them."

Takanori: "I see. Do we have a car for the job?"

Ben: "Of course. I am proactive, you know? You'll be able to test it out tomorrow."

Takanori: "I'm getting fired up!"

The next morning, the weather turned awry as rain suddenly pours. In Hakone, one car braves through the wet roads.

A red Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X tears up the slippery road.

7702924016_64e7ca39ff_c.jpg

Then it performs a 4 wheel drift at a hairpin.

7702924244_f346c52432_c.jpg

Its Super All Wheel Control 4WD system provides the car unrelenting stability.

7702924434_9978880d0c_c.jpg

7702923130_d130a4f7c7_c.jpg

Takanori: "This is one hell of a car!"

End of Page 3

Page 4 - Mysterious Origins

After the run, Takanori stops by at a restaurant where Ben is waiting. He steps out of the car and stares at it once more.

Then Ben gets out, approaching Takanori.

Ben: "You are going to get sick from staring that Evo. Let's go in, as I haven't had breakfast yet."

The two get in and sit. Ben slurps his coffee as he reads the menu.

Ben: "I think I'll be having Eggs Benedict."

Takanori: "French Toast for me, then."

Then Takanori yawns.

Takanori: "I woke up at 4 am for this! But it's worth it! The car is excellent."

Ben: "Obviously, I will tune that Evo for rallying before we leave for Italy. The Toscana Rally is just around the corner."

Takanori: "We're leaving again? Ohhh..."

Ben: "I know how you feel. It's something that fathers find it hard to do."

Takanori: "I just hope I'll be able to see my child on his day of birth."

Ben: "Don't worry though, I'll make sure that you'll do."

At 9 am, Takanori returns home. He sees his wife, Makoto, browsing at the internet while wearing a bath robe.

Takanori: "Someone here looks so fresh... Mind if I...?"

Makoto: "Woah! You scared me! Dammit, I haven't dressed up yet!"

She stands up and takes off her bath robe while getting dressed. Takanori sits down in front of the desk and looks at the computer. He turns his attention to Makoto dressing up.

Takanori: "Wait, why are searching for Nikko Matsumoto?"

Makoto: "It's because that person in question is dead!"

Takanori: "Huh? But I just met him yesterday!"

He takes a look at the picture of Nikko. It looks way different from the Nikko that Takanori met.

Takanori: "But he looks way different from here. Maybe they share the same name."

Makoto: "And the same profession? What are the chances, huh?"

Takanori: "It's quite odd, really. What happened to that Nikko guy, anyway?"

Makoto: "Nikko Matsumoto was a promising rally driver. Everyone did not took their eyes off him whenever he races or even when he's just taking a stroll. But just recently, he was killed....

...in a rallying accident. He died from a high speed crash while setting a time in one of the rally events."

Takanori: "That's creepy. Two people sharing the same name and profession."

Makoto: "So, to whom does your rival work for?"

Takanori: "Ben-san's younger brother named Sander."

Makoto: "I see. I guess this is one hell of a rivalry, huh?"

Takanori: "I think so. I am excited for it!"

Makoto: "Are you done staring? I'm dressed now. So, when are you leaving?"

Takanori: "I don't know. I'm waiting for Ben-san's call."

Makoto: "I see. Well, I hope you take care."

Takanori: "I don't know how long I'll be out, though. I just wish I will be here to see our newborn child."

At the afternoon, Takanori is in a dojo. He is wearing a white Samurai's robe and hakama. He only wears socks as well. As he draws out Takuma's katana from its sheath, he sees Nikko and Sander arriving. Nikko also prepares himself for practice.

Nikko: "Wait.... Takanori-san!?"

Takanori: "Nikko? Oh hello there!"

Nikko: "Perfect! How about we have a sparring match?"

Takanori: "Sure! But I'm not that good..."

Nikko: "Well, I just have the same pace too. Don't worry!"

Then the two are on their fighting stances. After a few seconds, they charge at each other. The swords have clashed. Takanori is overwhelmed by Nikko's speed of strikes.

Takanori: "Woah! Is that what you call 'not good enough'?"

Then he briefly sees Nikko's eyes as they clash.

Takanori: "Those eyes... give a cold stare. As if he is going to kill me!"

Nikko sees a small opening, and accidentally slashes Takanori's left bicep. Takanori kneels down in pain as blood flows out on his robe.

Takanori: "Aaaaahhh!"

Nikko: "I'm sorry! Are you okay?"

Takanori: "I'm fine. Let's continue..."

Sander puts up a grin on his face.

Sander: ("Takanori.... you have no idea who you're facing with.")

When Takanori tries to stand up, his left arm hurts so much that he can't stand.

Nikko: "I'll get first aid. Stay here, okay?"

Takanori: "Okay..."

The next morning, Axel and Takanori head over to Tsukuba Circuit with the S15 Silvia. Axel notices that Takanori struggles to move his left arm.

Axel: "Are you okay?"

Takanori: "I'm fine... I'll be able to move my left arm soon."

Axel: "I just watched some drifting tutorial videos. I hope I learned from them."

Takanori: "Then let us see."

After a warm-up, Axel abruptly steers the S15 at the final corner. A drift is initiated, but it stops at the middle of the corner. Then he applies the handbrake to drift again.

7704276930_77a079ceac_c.jpg

Takanori: "You should use the clutch for that corner. Clutch kick can extend the drift."

At the first corner, Axel uses the handbrake once more. The car drifts successfully, even reaching the clipping point.

7704278262_a1f3f50d0f_c.jpg

Takanori: "Not bad... not bad."

At the S corners though, the S15 drifts on the first, but it straightens out on the second.

Axel: "Shoot!"

Then he pulls the handbrake, however the car's rear wheels touch the grass. As a result, the car goes off course.

7704278630_ab5cfb9ef3_c.jpg

7704279140_920dcbcc8d_c.jpg

Axel: "Dammit!"

Takanori: "It's okay. Every drifter experiences that."

Then at the next hairpin, Axel turns in too early that the car comes too close to the clipping point and even goes on the grass again.

7704279672_1b40fce2f6_c.jpg

Then it loses control on the corner exit.

7704274266_50380c7120_c.jpg

Axel: "Shoot! Too much throttle!"

Takanori: "Practice makes perfect! Sadly though, I won't be here to supervise your practice. I will be leaving for Italy next week."

Axel: "I see. It's okay! I will go here every week to practice."

Takanori: "Good luck on that!"

At the pits, while Axel and Takanori check on the S15, a heavily-tuned gray Nissan Fairlady Z (Z34) arrives. Coming out of the car is a woman with a slender figure and a long black ponytail hair. Then Axel notices the woman and her car.

Axel: "Woah..."

Takanori: "That woman? Her name is Juri Takeuchi. She is one of the top drifters in Japan. She and her Z are a perfect duo."

Then Juri gets in her car and gets in the track.

7704274882_f178c2f08f_c.jpg

7704275326_f3d85bdaf2_c.jpg

Takanori: "Her drifting skills are top-notch."

7704275814_be01a95c52_c.jpg

Juri controls her accelerator inputs and even plays with the clutch pedal.

7704276214_5873c66272_c.jpg

The Z pulls up a smokey drift just right in front of the bleachers. The audience are just amazed at the sight.

7704276550_9c682d577f_c.jpg

7704277424_8a3ca855bb_c.jpg

Takanori: "She'll be very tough to beat."

Axel: "I agree. When will the drifting season begin?"

Takanori: "Well, about a week from now. And it's so sad that I won't be able to teach you and you're pressured."

Axel: "I will be fine, okay? Don't stop what you're really about to do just for me."

Takanori shows a thumbs up and puts up a big smile on his face.

Takanori: "Gamabari yo!"

End of Page 4

Page 5 - Rally-Spec Evo X

After showing off her drifts, Juri returns to the pit lane. As she stepped out from her 370Z, she sees Takanori and approaches him happily.

Juri: "Takanori-kun!!!!!"

She hugs him tightly.

Takanori: "I... can't.... MY ARM!!!!"

Juri: "Oh, I'm sorry. What happened?"

Takanori: "Well, I got a slash. Don't worry about it, though."

Then she turns her attention to the S15 and Axel.

Juri: "Huh? Well, what do we have here? A wounded S15?"

Axel: "I was just trying out to drift..."

Juri: "By your looks, I say that you are not from here."

Axel: "I'm half-German, half-Japanese. Takanori is my half brother."

Juri: "Ohhhh... so a Nazi and a Geisha spent a night together? Splendid!"

Then she looks at the S15's dents and scratches.

Juri: "Hmmmm.... I know that Germans are known for precision. And drifting is not in their vocabulary, hah! Well, just like Nihongo, learning something foreign can really be difficult."

Then she caresses her hand on Axel's face, and then his shoulders and back.

Juri: "You are such a pretty boy. Yet you don't do pretty drifts."

Then she puts out her tongue and licks her lips with it.

Juri: "I wonder how a schublig on a sushi taste like? Nah, just kidding! Ahahahahaha!!! Well, see you pretty boys! And hey, Takanori-kun...."

She goes to him and pinches his "plums".

Takanori: "Aaaahhh!!!!"

Juri: "....one last touch before I go. Congrats! It's really nice to be a parent! Hey, show your child to me, okay? Bye!!!"

Then she returns back to her car and leaves the track.

Axel: "She's... crazy."

Takanori: "Owww... owww..... Well, yes she is. But she's alright. Well, she kinda has a crush on me in high school."

Axel: "Then I'll show her what German precision can do! Even in drifting!"

Takanori: "Shall we call it a day? And I guess you have to patch up your S15."

So the two then leave the track as well and head back to Tokyo.

2 days later, Takanori and Ben have arrived in Italy. In the convoy, a trailer truck is behind them, with the rally-spec Evo X in it.

Takanori: "I'm back in Italy again. I want to see Gan-san's winery in Toscana. I miss it a lot... plus the Aventador."

Ben: "Okay. We do have a lot of time before the Toscana rally starts. After all, it will be held next week. We are here to prepare for it as well."

Takanori: "I'm excited to try the Evo out! I wonder what it looks like?"

Ben: "You'll try her out later as we arrive."

They have stopped by at the fields just nearby Gan's winery. The crew unloads the Evo X from the truck.

Takanori: "Woah...."

Ben: "Enough being awestruck. Just hop in and try her out. You've got a whole field. Besides, this is where you'll race next week. Just follow that path carved out for the race."

A few moments later, Takanori tries out the potential of the rally-spec Evo X.

7710221226_db9d59319e_c.jpg

Takanori: "Great pick-up!"

The Evo X drifts with ease. But Takanori finds it hard to cope up with the off-road.

7710221750_207659b8d3_c.jpg

Takanori: "This is much different from tarmac! No wonder rallying gained a huge following."

7710222334_b6f7b5731c_c.jpg

Takanori: "There are sudden elevation changes! Not to mention uneven surface of the road that can upset the car's balance."

7710227742_49265e53fc_c.jpg

Takanori: "But this is fun! This sport makes you use your brain a lot!"

7710228228_de6fa87ff7_c.jpg

7710220680_20bf1111bf_c.jpg

Takanori: "And this Evo is up to the task! The turbo boosts instantly, and it corners very well in this type of surface! I can even pull off some drifts with it!"

He returns back to the crew.

Ben: "How was it?"

Takanori: "I like the car. It has lots of horsepower, but I can manage it effectively. And it picks up speed instantly after corner exits."

Ben: "Good. Those 475 horses are not a waste after all."

Takanori: "This is the greatest challenge I've met so far. I am very used to road and circuit racing, you know? Now, it's time for me to try out new things, such as this one."

Ben: "Rallying can be a surprise to those who are new to this discipline. You must be careful. Remember, you don't have as much grip as you have in tarmac. So expect yourself to slide around a lot."

Takanori: "So, I guess there's no such thing as "clipping the apex", huh?"

Ben: "Exactly. But there is still an ideal racing line for rallying. You must find that out. We will go back here often to have practice."

Takanori: "Got it."

Nikko and Sander are also in Italy, albeit in a hotel, resting up since they just arrived. In his room, Nikko watches TV. Feeling bored, he turns it off and stands up from his bed. He goes out at the balcony and breathes some fresh air.

He closes his eyes for a bit and then looks up at the afternoon sky. Then he suddenly starts to sing.

When in the past there is no future
Everyday is the choices that we make
Do you know we'll always be waiting
But the truth never forgets your name

The voice of life is screaming out
Surrounding everything in
Telling me to spread these wings and fly
To far away from your Earth fly
To feel the new sunrise
Because I can't take this anymore the way you're building me inside, inside
The day that makes us live to ride

He puts up a smile and gets back in his room. Nikko boils some water to have some coffee later.

End of Page 5

Page 6 - The Sliding Strawberry

After another practice run in Toscana, Takanori heads off to Gan's winery just nearby. He enters to Gan's mansion and starts to reminisce.

Takanori: "I remember this place. It offers a breathtaking view of the vineyard..."

Then he goes to the garage, and he sees a man named Alessandro Rossi working on his Aventador.

Takanori: "Ummm.... excuse me? Who are you?"

Alessandro: "Oh greetings! My name is Alessandro Rossi! You are Takanori Kanonji, right?"

Takanori: "How do you know?"

Alessandro: "It's simple! You look exactly like your father! Minus the goatee, though."

Takanori: "Ahahahahaha.... right."

Alessandro: "So, what brings you here, Signore?"

Takanori: "Well, I am here for the Toscana Rally. And I am here because I'm taking a break and I miss this place a lot."

Alessandro: "And this Aventador as well, right?"

Takanori: "Of course! It's over a year since I used that car on that race in Germany."

Alessandro: "And ever since then, Signore Gan have asked me to maintain your Aventador often. And here she is, in perfect condition!"

Takanori: "Grazie! I am eager to try her out again! I miss my Aventador a lot!"

Alessandro: "Then you have the honors."

The two get in the Aventador and set out. Takanori then floors the throttle.

Takanori: "This scary acceleration.... This car still defines what a Lamborghini should be!"

7715799976_11e249ba1e_c.jpg

Then it corners very precisely, thanks to its pushrod suspension similarly found in Formula 1 cars.

7715799656_fb661e4998_c.jpg

Takanori: "I like this Lambo's cornering ability."

7715800414_c87a96a51d_c.jpg

Alessandro: "Heh, you drive as if there are no other cars oncoming. You have the guts similar to your father!"

Takanori: "By the way, how did you know my father?"

7715800926_29597026fb_c.jpg

Alessandro: "I worked for him as a mechanic in his racing team 30 years ago, amico mio."

Takanori: "I see, so that's why."

Alessandro: "Even though he had a rather silent appearance, he has flames of determination burning within him!"

Takanori: "That's true. That's how I know about my father back then when I was young."

Back in Japan, Tomoko is preparing Mochi to be sold in her store as usual. Manpower has increased as well, and as a result, production has sped up.

While working, she hears a doorbell. She opens the door and it's the old man again who delivered Takuma's Katana.

Tomoko: "Oh hi there! Mr..."

Old Man: "Call me Kentaro."

Tomoko: "Please come in."

She lets Kentaro in her house. Kentaro then looks at the picture of Takuma.

Kentaro: "I miss Takuma-bushi so much. He was my best student! His sword-fighting skills are equivalent to that of Miyamoto Musashi!"

Tomoko: "Oh really!? Hmmmm... I never knew that my son excelled in Kenjutsu."

Kentaro: "Just a week ago, I saw another man in my dojo who reminded me of him."

Tomoko: "Huh?"

Kentaro: "His name is... Nikko. His swordplay reminded me of Takuma-bushi. I just wished that the two have a sparring match together."

Tomoko: "I see.... Well actually, Nikko managed to land a slash on Takanori a few days ago."

Kentaro: "I miss my beloved student so much. Sigh.... I could never encounter someone like him."

Tomoko offers Kentaro a box of mochi.

Tomoko: "Care to take this home? I'll give you a special discount!"

Kentaro: "Oooooh! Another reason why I'm here is because of your delicious mochi! Well, I'll take it!"

He pays Tomoko the amount and takes the box of mochi with him as he goes back to his home.

At the Twin Ring Motegi, the audience are watching in awe as heavily-modified S15 performs stunning drifts.

7716013356_e8e2fe9626_c.jpg

Axel: "All right! I can pull off these drifts!"

Then he kicks the clutch and turns the steering wheel simultaneously. The S15 is close to the clipping point.

7715801302_410533b3e3_c.jpg

Axel: "Just stick to the clipping point."

7715801702_1e2fe57607_c.jpg

Axel: "This is really fun!"

7715802156_b219838f69_c.jpg

7715799158_80c7430523_c.jpg

Axel: "Watch out, drifting world! Because here comes Axel Kanonji!"

He returns to the pits, with Kaido waiting for him.

Kaido: "So, how's the car?"

Axel: "Perfect. I can manage drifts with this ample amount of power. With this, I can slide all the way!"

Kaido: "That's good to hear. Tomorrow will be the first round, and a lot would be eliminated. So stay sharp!"

Axel: "Got it! Hey, I would like to give this car a name..."

Kaido: "What is it?"

Axel: "I will name it.... Ichigo-kun."

Kaido: "Kinda corny, but name your car whatever you want."

End of Page 6

Page 7 - Let's Go, Ichigo-kun!

The next day, masses of people gather at Tokyo Bay to watch a drifting event taking place. Axel has arrived as well, with his heavily-tuned S15 Silvia. He looks around at the participant cars.

Axel: "Damn.... the Japanese would be willing to spend so much for their cars? This is one hell of a tuning culture!"

After registering, Axel sees Kaido inspecting his S15.

Kaido: "Ready for this, Axel?"

Axel: "I'm kinda nervous, actually. I know how the locals take this sport so seriously."

Then some rock music is being played at the stage. After that intermission, a host comes up.

Host: "Good day, everyone! I am Hayato, and welcome to this amazing drift day here in Tokyo Bay. Witness the artful skills of our participating drifters today; and we have a special guest as well! Now, where is she?"

Then at an instant, Juri's Z34 drifts by.

7716742920_f2b3e4def7_c.jpg

Hayato: "Oh there she is! Make some noise for Juri Takeuchi!!!"

The audience goes wild as they see Juri's exhibition of drifts.

7716743336_7f8e848511_c.jpg

As the Z34 arrives at in front of the stage, it performs donuts, making the crowd applaud even louder.

7716743714_6e46c86c60_c.jpg

7716743980_816171f7a5_c.jpg

Then the car stops and Juri goes out to take the stage.

Juri: "Good day, y'all! I see happy faces out here today!"

The audience cheers for her.

Juri: "Well, always start and end the day with a smile!!! Now, I have something up my sleeve today. Whoever wins this event will have the opportunity to face me! That's right! You heard it! You'll get a shot of me next week! And I'll get to taste you...."

At a distance, Axel and Kaido watch.

Axel: "Her 370Z is just as crazy as she is."

Kaido: "Well, do your best. Who knows, maybe you'll end up dating with her... Just kidding!"

Juri: "And now, I shall declare this event officially open! Start sliding and smoking, pretty boys!"

Hayato: "Okay, you heard her right! Now, the point system is this; the perfect score is 50. And judges base that on 4 criteria:

Angle - 10 points
Smoke - 10 points
Speed - 10 points
Audience Impact - 20 points

And whoever gets the highest score will have a "date" with Juri!!!"

And so the event begins, a lot of participants have exhibited their drifts.

7716815296_f0d1a75904_c.jpg

7716814784_dc1b73fc61_c.jpg

But only a few impressed the judges.

Hayato: "And now, shall we call on Axel Kanonji? Hmmm.... a Kanonji? Is he a relative of the famous Takanori Kanonji? Well, let us see, then!"

Axel: "All right, here goes."

Kaido: "Gambari yo!"

Axel gets in his S15 and starts it up.

Axel: "Let's go, Ichigo-kun!"

7716744344_091529691d_c.jpg

7716744756_60008457ea_c.jpg

Then Axel performs a Manji Drift on a short straight, making the audience look at the S15 with awe.

7716745600_eb2c914c3b_c.jpg

7716745192_fc656a1869_c.jpg

Then he lets go of the accelerator and steers to the left. Next, he kicks the clutch and steps on the accelerator pedal as the S15 approaches a corner, extending the drift.

7716746012_7a75e50043_c.jpg

And he once again lets go of the accelerator and immediately steps back on it again and swings the S15 to the right.

7716746728_8990e2898c_c.jpg

The S15 hits the clipping point, impressing the judges.

7716746378_e9817b7f76_c.jpg

Then at the last corner, the S15 barely touches the guardrail.

7716747150_4b27507fd8_c.jpg

7716748086_f6dde29e3e_c.jpg

Hayato: "Oh look at that! He pulls out smoke just in front of the audience! Impressive stuff there!"

Axel: "All right! I did it!"

After his run, he goes back to Kaido.

Axel: "I'm nervous... What if I don't make it?"

Kaido: "Your performance will tell you. Look at how the people are staring your car right now."

Axel: "Yeah..."

The judges have finished their computations. A few minutes later, Hayato comes up to the stage and grabs the microphone.

Hayato: "The winner will get to face Juri next week is.... drumroll please."

The drummer performs a drumroll briefly.

Hayato: "It's Axel Kanonji! He has the highest score among the participants, with a score of 46!"

Axel: "Whoa...."

Axel comes up to the stage and receives a small gold trophy. The audience claps. Then Juri comes up to the stage and approaches him.

Juri: "Looks like this is one hell of a date."

Then she licks Axel's cheek.

Juri: "Mmmmmmm..... you taste really good. Germans make sausages, right? I wonder how's your sausage taste like! Ahahahahahaha!!! Just kidding! Well, see ya next week!"

She steps down and returns to her car. Then the 370Z pulls up a burnout and leaves the event.

Hayato: "Congratulations, Axel! Here's your prize money."

Axel: "Thanks."

Hayato: "May I ask? Are you related to Takanori?"

Axel: "Yes I am. I am his half-brother."

Hayato: "Oooohh... I see."

Axel: "Yeah, it's rather a long story on how I met him."

Hayato: "Haha! Well, good luck next week!"

After the event, Axel and Kaido return to the city. As he is driving along, Axel could not believe at what he accomplished today.

Axel: "It such a good day today, huh? And I won something from a sport that I am unfamiliar to!"

Kaido: "Yeah, and Juri got to taste you."

Axel: "That woman is crazy!"

Kaido: "Yet she has tons of male fans trying to woo her."

Axel: "I'm sure Takanori would love to hear this."

End of Page 7

RCKakashi14
He is Eisenberg, but he proudly accepts the Kanonji name. He is the half-brother of Takanori and Takuma.

Yes i know he's the half brother of Takanori but I Didn't thought of changing his last name. my bad

Page 8 - By One Second

On the other side of the globe, in Italy, the Toscana Rally has started. A lot of rally cars are setting lap times.

Takanori starts to feel the pressure as he sees the competitors flawlessly drift their rally cars and impress the crowd as well.

Takanori: "I'm new to this sport, to be honest. And I'm already feeling the pressure!"

Ben: "Just do your best today, okay? Even if you are racing on a tarmac, you still feel the pressure, right?"

Takanori: "I know, but I am new here so the pressure is much more."

Ben: "I know you can. Where is your determination to win?"

Takanori: "Right. I can do this!"

Ben: "That's the spirit, chap!"

Then the two see Nikko and Sander setting their Impreza WRC as well. The crew is very much focused on the job.

Takanori: "Look at them, the mechanics are veterans now. They know every nook and cranny of the Impreza ever since Subaru joined rallying. We are at a disadvantage here."

Ben: "Settings are vital, all right. But what determines the winner is still the driver."

Takanori: "Yeah, but Subaru is a force to be reckoned with in the WRC."

Ben: "Don't mind their tactics. Just focus on setting the fastest time."

Takanori: "Understood!"

When Takanori is being called for the time attack, he straps himself in the Evo and sets out.

7729206544_9c4aa1ffa2_c.jpg

Takanori: "Let's do this, Evo!!!"

7729207390_c9f8c78116_c.jpg

7729208204_60cebb91be_c.jpg

Takanori: "Getting sideways is really fun!"

Then he enters at the course's technical section. He controls the slide by his throttle input and steering work. He stays mostly at 2nd gear due to the continuous corners.

7729209000_9acfa4b7ae_c.jpg

Takanori: "This is it! This section will really determine your time! One mistake here, and you're wasting precious milliseconds!"

However, at the next corner, the Evo goes in too fast, sending it outside.

7729209792_55d92ee22c_c.jpg

Takanori: "Shoot! I did not expect that corner. Damn, rallying can really get unpredictable!"

7729210514_3c59d49904_c.jpg

Takanori: "I must make up some time!"

7729211566_17f6169acf_c.jpg

Takanori: "One mistake in rallying can get you off from the podium. Or worse, it can even send you to the morgue."

He sets a lap time of 2 minutes and 54.9 seconds.

7729212110_9d4c42fb91_c.jpg

He returns to Ben, and Ben smiles upon seeing Takanori getting out of the car.

Ben: "Guess what, you recorded the fastest time for today! That is, if Nikko can't beat it. He has yet to record a time."

Takanori: "Nikko, huh? Damn... the pressure got heavier!"

Before Nikko could set off, however, Sander's daughter named Jenny visits them.

Jenny: "Hey father!"

Sander: "Good to see you, sunshine."

Jenny: "I just came from the airport. I had just filed a leave from work yesterday."

Sander: "Good, good."

Jenny: "Where's Nikko?"

Sander: "He's about to get in the car."

Jenny approaches Nikko.

Jenny: "Nikko!"

She hugs him tightly.

Nikko: "Good to see you, Jenny!"

Jenny: "How are you? I guess you will win again this time."

Nikko: "I hope so."

Then she taps her finger on Nikko's chest where his heart is.

Jenny: "I guess you're getting better."

Nikko: "Yeah. Hey, I gotta go. I have to set a record."

Jenny: "Okay, good luck!"

7729212778_755d460d85_c.jpg

The Impreza performs a magnificent 4 wheel drift that amazed the crowd.

7729213722_59e19090d0_c.jpg

Nikko controls his steering input precisely that his car is able to perform a mix of grip and drift. He also follows the racing line.

7729214486_c3f0b57db9_c.jpg

Then he intends his car to go near the onlookers. The people back off in fear.

7729215864_9c806f375e_c.jpg

Then the car corners as if it's hugging the apex on a racing circuit.

7729215338_52f42264f6_c.jpg

And then performs a high speed drift at the next corner.

7729216384_6b9eee441e_c.jpg

The anti-lag system enables the turbo to respond in an instant.

7729205980_f411a0a09a_c.jpg

The Impreza sets a lap time of 2 minutes and 53.9 seconds, a whole second faster than Takanori's time.

Nikko: "All right!"

Upon seeing the time, Takanori is shocked.

Takanori: "Unbelievable.... Nikko has got an amazing talent."

Ben: "That Sander guy does know how to motivate his driver, huh?"

When Nikko gets out of the car, he is happily approached by Jenny.

Jenny: "You did it!"

Nikko: "I just do what I have to do. Hehehehe..."

Then he sees Takanori and goes to him.

Nikko: "Hey, Takanori-san! I find it hard to beat your time a while ago! I was actually struggling."

Takanori: "Beating my time by one second is what you call flawless. You really are an ace, Nikko!"

Nikko: "Hey, how about we race?"

Takanori: "Huh? But today it is just clear that you are better."

Nikko: "I want to have a real challenge! One second is still a small gap, you know? Don't feel bad about your skills. Your determination is what made you what you are today."

Takanori: "Well, I guess I can race you. Where will it be?"

Nikko: "One of my dream destinations.... We'll do it in Eiger, Switzerland!"

Takanori: "Hmmmm... Switzerland. A bit far from Italy, but what the heck! Sure, I'll race you!"

Nikko: "Then we got ourselves a deal."

The two shake hands while smiling at each other as well.

End of Page 8

Page 9 - Japanese Art, German Precision

After their victory, Sander's crew return to the hotel and celebrate in a private room at a restaurant. Jenny opens up a bottle of champagne and pours the drink to each one.

Then they put up a toast and start to drink.

Sander: "So, you will race Takanori?"

Nikko: "Like I said, I do what you asked and you will grant my wish. I wish to race him."

Sander: "Right... right. You are really motivated to see him, huh? Oh well."

Jenny: "I hope you beat Takanori."

Nikko: "I'll do what I can. Takanori's best quality is determination, remember that. He used it to soar up and reach his goals."

Sander: "You think you could crush it? I want to prove to Ben that I'm not just a stuck up."

Nikko: "I am not the type of person who crushes others' dreams. I feel guilty when I do. Excuse me."

He stands up and goes back up to his room.

Jenny: "Father, will you really go that far?"

Sander: "Of course. I don't want to be treated like a black sheep like what Ben did to me when we were kids."

Jenny: "Then allow me to say that your pride can hurt other people. And you know what, you just did it to him."

She also leaves the room and follows Nikko.

Inside his room, Nikko is just lying on his bed. He hears someone knocking. He opens the door and lets Jenny in.

Jenny: "Are you okay? Father can really be like that sometimes."

Nikko: "I'm thinking of quitting after I race Takanori."

Jenny: "Why? You've got a better future ahead of you!"

Nikko: "Really? Your father treats me as a pawn just to get revenge to Ben. Even I do things against my will just to see Takanori!"

Jenny: "Why do you always want to see Takanori? What is he to you?"

Nikko: "Takanori wa tokubetsu na hito da. Omotte hoshii da yo!"

Nikko stands up and goes out at the balcony to think deeply.

Jenny: "If that's the case, then I won't stop you. Sorry to trouble you. I'll go back to my room."

She gets out of the room. At the balcony, Nikko starts to sing again while looking at the sunset.

Telling me to spread these wings and fly
To far away from your Earth fly
To feel the new sunrise
Because I can't take this anymore the way you're building me inside, inside
The day that makes us live to ride

The next day, crowds have once again gather at the Tokyo Bay to witness the drifting showdown between Axel and Juri. Through the prevalence of social media, the number of audience that arrived is simply unimaginable.

Once again, Hayato takes the stage and grabs the microphone.

Hayato: "Good day, everyone! Wow, tons of people here, huh?"

The crowd cheers loudly.

Hayato: "Okay then, you know what happens when Juri challenges someone. It's time for drifting time trial!"

The crowd goes even wilder.

Hayato: "It's simple, the one who sets the fastest lap time wins the event. But of course, you have to do it via drifting! It's a real challenge, if you ask me!"

Then Juri arrives first, waiting for Axel to arrive.

Juri: "Hmmmmm.... Germans aren't late as far as I know."

Then she gets back in her Z34 and starts to set a lap time.

7731522378_4ed02c7cf9_c.jpg

She plays on the throttle as usual, but at the next corner, she accidentally hits the guardrail, losing some speed.

7731522100_e499136ce2_c.jpg

Juri: "Dammit!"

However, her Z34 is no slouch. It has 523 HP that makes it pick up speed in an instant and perform drifts easily.

7731522700_0bd9b0a6bf_c.jpg

The crowd is amazed at the Z34's smokey drift.

7731522966_5330328170_c.jpg

She buries the throttle at the last corner so that her car can slide with speed.

7731523304_3a46882d84_c.jpg

It sets the lap time of 48 seconds flat.

7731523604_f2e0ff2a07_c.jpg

Juri: "Beat that, pretty boy!"

Inside the S15, Axel puts up a grin on his face.

Axel: "Heh. I'll show you what German precision can do!"

The S15 came out in an instant, showing off a drift.

7731523976_2af399dd76_c.jpg

Hayato: "Wow! The S15 just drifted from nowhere! Good luck, Axel!"

7731524296_f6e9f7f513_c.jpg

Axel kicks the clutch and steers. Then he countersteers and his right foot is just hard on the accelerator.

7731524594_6847b8f570_c.jpg

Then the crowd is amazed as they see the S15 touching the clipping point with speed to match.

7731524932_03a5111d6a_c.jpg

Hayato: "Wow! Would you look at that! The S15 is just clinging on to the apex while drifting!"

Axel decelerates and accelerates back again as he shifts the car's body to the other direction.

7731525310_b8ff527030_c.jpg

Axel: "Just keep the foot buried on the throttle."

7731518046_f237c5d37e_c.jpg

It has set a lap time of 46.5 seconds.

Axel: "Did I beat her?"

Hayato and Juri are shocked at the lap time. Even the audience....

Hayato: "Whoa! Unbelievable! That was 1.5 seconds faster!"

Juri: "No way! That German wiener defeated me?"

Axel comes up to the stage.

Axel: "I guess you just saw a bit of German precision right here. You just show off way too much, Juri."

Juri: "There's nothing I can do but to congratulate you, pretty boy."

Then she kisses Axel's lips. Axel is taken by surprise.

Juri: "That's what you get for beating me, pretty boy. We can see each other and touch me all day! See ya!"

She gets back to her car and leaves. The crowd cheers for Axel.

Axel: "I can't believe this.... I did it!"

Confetti drops from above the stage as Axel receives a gold trophy.

End of Page 9

Juri gives me dirty thoughts. lol

Ahahahahaha! She's actually inspired from Juri Han of Street Fighter.

Anyways, I will post the final showdown between Takanori and Nikko tonight! It will also be the last page and I have a surprise in store for you!

Page 10 - The Tattoo

Takanori returns to his hotel room. He contacts Makoto via Skype through his laptop.

Makoto: "Hey there, honey! How's Italy?"

Takanori: "Well, I lost to Nikko this time."

Makoto: "Really? Wow, he slashed you and then he beat you in rallying. He's really talented, huh?"

Takanori: "Yeah.... I am jealous, actually."

Makoto: "Anyways, I have some news. I just came from the doctor and he has determined the gender of our baby. He's a boy!"

Takanori: "Really!? Then I know what to name him."

Makoto: "What is it?"

Takanori: "I'll tell it to you when our baby is born."

Makoto: "Oh nuts. Whatever. Just take care, okay?"

Takanori: "Take care as well. You have to rest often. Your tummy is getting bigger."

Makoto: "Good night, honey. I shall go to sleep now."

The connection is now cut and Takanori returns browsing at the internet.

Nikko washes his face at the bathroom. He grabs a small towel to wipe it. Then he slightly raises the sleeve on his right arm. He looks at the Kanji tattoo:

観

Which reads as "Ka".

Then he instantly covers it and goes back to watch TV.

Nikko: "Sigh.... I'm excited to race Takanori, you know? But.... am I ready to say something important to him? I really want to say something... but I don't think he'll believe me."

He changes channels and he stops at a Japanese channel. It shows an anime with no subtitles.

Feeling sleepy, he stands up from the bed and prepares a cup of coffee.

The next day, Takanori arrives first in Eiger, Switzerland. He observes the wonderful scenery, as well as the dirt road that he is stepping on.

Takanori: "This is such a nice place. *yawns* Oh goodness... I am still asleep. I left Italy at dawn."

A moment later, Nikko also arrives and steps out from the car.

Nikko: "Sorry to keep you waiting."

Takanori notices the sudden change in Nikko's tone of voice.

Takanori: ("That tone of voice.... It had suddenly changed. Nikko is a polite and cheerful guy. But why does he sound like Aniki now?")

Nikko: "Shall we race?"

Takanori: "Okay then."

The two cars are side-by-side. A gust of wind blows, and a leaf slowly falls down. When it touched the dirt road, the Evo and the Impreza set off like rocket ships.

The Impreza takes the lead in an instant.

7732437668_6a8e0e262c_c.jpg

Takanori: "Shoot, I had a bad start again!"

At the first corner, the 2 rally cars drift. Takanori is struggling to see what's in front of him thanks to the dust that is being kicked out from Nikko's Impreza.

7732438164_c739b11a14_c.jpg

Takanori: "Crap! I can't see!!!"

7732438714_58c7960647_c.jpg

The two cars perform drifts again. Though the Impreza proved to be quicker.

Takanori: "I'm not really good at rallying, to be honest."

7732439214_80bf747a54_c.jpg

Approaching the hairpin, Takanori steps on the brakes. However, he sees the Impreza still speeding up.

Takanori: "He's not braking?"

Then just a few meters before the hairpin, Nikko instantly steps on the brakes and he lets the car drift with speed at the hairpin.

7732439692_f558e6edbe_c.jpg

7732440904_53a3a7dd32_c.jpg

Takanori: "He intended that to cause oversteer? But his 4 wheel drift is just magnificent! Even I find it hard to to that in this Evo!"

With that maneuver, the Impreza had set a significant gap from the Evo.

7732441370_6f055290b8_c.jpg

7732441854_0bf1bb4527_c.jpg

Takanori: "Nikko has tons of guts! Rallying is unpredictable, yet he takes it like a walk in the park!"

At the series of corners though, Takanori keeps up thanks to late braking techniques.

7732442256_30c937791c_c.jpg

Nikko: "You're far away already? I don't expect that from you, Takanori! Where is your determination!?"

7732442624_7e9f3540f5_c.jpg

Takanori: "I cannot lose to you, Nikko! I definitely won't!"

Then the Evo suddenly understeers at another hairpin, setting the gap wide once again.

7732443728_1560c6d723_c.jpg

Takanori: "I think I overdid it! How can I keep up?"

7732446080_7f2a4fee9b_c.jpg

And the Impreza is out of Takanori's sights.

7732446520_e710cdb5be_c.jpg

Takanori: "You're really amazing, Nikko! How about I get some lessons in rallying from you?"

7732447048_cf0d69f8d4_c.jpg

Nikko: "Over already? I guess you are only good in circuit racing. But I gotta hand it to you... You are epic."

7732437216_7bc426b083_c.jpg

At the bottom of the hill, the two cars stop by at a parking lot. Takanori grabs 2 cans of coffee from the vending machine. He throws one at Nikko, and Nikko catches it.

Takanori: "Guess I should treat the winner, huh?"

Nikko: "Thanks."

The two drink coffee. Takanori takes a big gulp and looks at the sky.

Takanori: "You know, your skills remind me of someone."

Nikko: "Who?"

Takanori: "My older twin. He is the only one that makes me sweat when we race. I raced him once on a mountain pass too, and I struggled to keep up with him."

Nikko: "I see. Is he Takuma Kanonji?"

Takanori: "Yes. And I miss him a lot... Probably he's saying "serves you right" from heaven right now."

Nikko: "Hey, you are a worthy adversary, you know? Don't let yourself down. You may have lost today, but that doesn't mean that you are bad driver yourself. It's hard to master all racing disciplines, you know? Rallying is just one sport, so don't take your loss too seriously."

Takanori: "Thanks, Nikko. I'll never forget this adventure. This is a whole learning experience for me. I may not be good at rallying, but at least I learned from it."

Nikko: "That's what I would like to hear! Cheer up, Takanori!"

Takanori then shows a big smile and shows a thumbs up at Nikko.

Nikko: "Well, ummm.... Sorry, I got to go. It was nice racing you!"

Nikko then gets back to his Impreza and leaves. A happy Takanori looks on.

Takanori: "Nikko... you are a one great friend. Let's race again soon."

While driving, Nikko also smiles, but scratches his head.

Nikko: "Shoot! I wasted that opportunity to say it! But I guess there's a right time for that."

The next morning, Nikko takes a bath. After that he puts on a towel around his waist, then he looks first at the mirror. He once again looks at both of his arms. The right arm has a tattoo that's written as:

観音寺

which means "Kanonji" and then his left arm has a tattoo written as:

琢磨​

which means "Takuma".

Then he touches his gunshot scar on his chest. He then applies gel on his hair and styles it similar to Takanori's spiky hairstyle.

"I guess I am still better than you, huh? But the most important thing is, I get to see you how you are doing,.....

....my beloved little brother."

The End

Last edited:
Back