Sideways: Bonus Page - Discovering Myself

So, I was playing the role of Takuma all along? Nice. lol :lol:

Actually, ever since we had that race, I got addicted to that Impreza and went rallying immediately. Haha

Last edited:
So, I was playing the role of Takuma all along? Nice. lol :lol:

Actually, ever since we had that race, I got addicted to that Impreza and went rallying immediately. Haha

I won't kill off my favorite character that easily! :lol:

Bonus Page - Discovering Myself

After styling his hair, Takuma closes his eyes and remembers the day that he was supposed to be dead and how he played his role as Nikko.

"That night... I saw a gunman aiming his rifle to Takanori. I was alarmed, I'm even thinking why Takanori deserves to die like that. Has he done something? But Takanori has a very positive aura that surrounds him. I don't think he has made enemies in his life. Running very fast downstairs, I even screamed his name. Just in the nick of time, I shielded Takanori and I took the shots instead. Takanori was devastated and... crying.

With my last ounce of strength, I uttered my true feelings to Takanori, that I love him so much and that he should not change. Then it was slowly getting dark, until I found myself in a limbo between life and death.

Takuma: "Where am I?"

Then I hear a voice. Probably it was God telling me something. He tells me that it's not yet my time.... and I have yet to experience more important things in life.

Jenny is at the morgue. He puts Takuma's body on the table and then she grabs a scalpel. She suddenly hears the door open, and it turns out that her father suddenly pays her a visit.

Jenny: "Father, you scared me!"

Sander: "How is my sunshine doing?"

Jenny: "I gotta concentrate! I don't want to cut open this man's sexy body by mistake! Look at those six-pack abs..."

"Suddenly, I came back to life.... I found myself at a morgue, ready to be cut open.

Then Jenny and Sander notice that Takuma's fingers are fidgeting.

Takuma: "Ta.... Ta.... Ta... Takanori...."

Jenny: "He's alive? Well, the surgeon took out the two bullets from his heart... but how?"

I was feeling cold... But my eagerness to see Takanori somehow warmed me up.

Sander: "This is one hell of a bloke..."

Takuma was then confined at a normal room. As he wakes up, he sees Sander and Jenny looking at him.

Sander: "You're awake."

Takuma: "Where's Takanori?"

Sander: "Everyone thinks you're dead. I checked your background and you are proven to be a good use for me."

Takuma: "What are you talking about?"

Sander: "Your skills earned my attention. Wanna work with me as my racing driver? You want to see Takanori, right? Then you'll see him in that way."

Takuma: "What's the catch?"

Sander: "You have a new identity. That's all. And you'll be facing him for most of the time. Poor Takanori... he'll be stupid to realize that he's being fought against his brother."

"Upon hearing it, I got upset. So I knocked my fist on the table just right beside the bed."

Takuma: "SHUT UP!!!! Who the hell do you think you are!? Don't you ever bad-mouth Takanori! I won't forgive you if something bad happens to him!"

Sander: "I expected you to say that. Hmph... my plan worked perfectly."

Jenny: "Father, why are you doing this?"

Sander: "The reasons will stay with me. Just do what I ask you to do and you'll see your precious little brother."

"After being discharged, Sander gave me a new name. I was named as Nikko Sakamoto, a rally driver that died the same day I was supposed to die. He even go as far to put Nikko's body on my coffin and had his hair styled similar to mine. It was really wrong, to be honest. But I'll do whatever it takes just to convey my message to Takanori, my beloved little brother."

"Some months have passed, and I finally received word from Sander that we are going to Japan and meet my "rival" which is Takanori. Upon meeting him and Ben, I notice a change of mood from Takanori's face. He's not the cheerful Takanori I used to know. He still smiles upon greeting us, but when Sander and Ben were discussing matters, I see sadness on Takanori's face... I can really see why. He misses me a lot. If only I can just spill everything, I'll really do it. But my sense of duty prevents me from doing so."

During a Kenjutsu sparring match, I tried to convey who I really am to Takanori, by showing a bit of my true skill to him to the point of slashing him. But that didn't work out. I feel depressed...

When we returned to Italy, I met Takanori again. I managed to beat him soundly in the Toscana Rally, again to send a message that it was I, his older twin that he looks up to and thinks that I am the better one. But that didn't work out either as well.

Finally, I decided to think that I should just put it into words. But I gave one last try when I defeated Takanori again soundly in Eiger... And again, I wasn't able to convey my message. What am I? Am I a coward? Why can't I say it? What kind of a person am I?

Then Takuma ends his flashback and proceeds to dress up.

Jenny arrives back at the hotel. Upon walking along the lobby, she sees Takuma on the front desk, with his luggage.

Jenny: "He's checking out?"

Then she approaches the front desk as well.

Jenny: "Are you checking out? Where are you going?"

Takuma: "To see Takanori again. I'll go back to Japan."

Jenny: "So, you're really leaving us, huh?"

Takuma: "Jenny, thank you for everything. I will never forget your kindness."

Jenny starts to cry and hugs Takuma.

Jenny: "Just promise me. That we will see each other again, okay?"

Takuma: "I definitely will."

Then he picks up his luggage and gets out of the lobby. A taxi arrives and he gets inside. As he leaves, Jenny looks on while sobbing.

At a bar just downstairs at the condo in Roppongi where Takanori and Makoto reside, Takanori is at the stage, holding an electric guitar while sitting in front of a microphone and then there is a drum set behind him. Makoto and Axel are sitting down with the audience, watching him.

Takanori: "For my birthday today, I shall sing this song once again. The song that Aniki made before he died."

Then he starts to play the electric guitar, and the drummer also starts to beat. Takanori now starts to sing.

When in the past there is no future
Everyday is the choices that we make
Do you know we'll always be waiting
But the truth never forgets your name

Then Takuma arrives, standing at the door.

Takuma: "He really has a wonderful voice...."

The voice of life is screaming out
Surrounding everything in
Telling me to spread these wings and...

And then Takuma sings in sync with Takanori.

...fly
To far away from your Earth fly
To feel the new sunrise
Because I can't take this anymore the way you're building me inside, inside
The day that makes us live to ride

Then he stops singing so that he can listen to Takanori's voice once more.

Maybe this choice will end in failure
Maybe everything that I feel is wrong
But I can't continue second guessing
Cause I've already made that mistake to long

The voice of life is screaming out
Surrounding everything in
Telling me to spread these wings and fly
To feel the new sunrise

The voice within is screaming out
Filling my heart, surrounding
Telling me to spread these wings and fly
To feel the new sunrise

That makes us live to ride

That makes us live to ride

Takanori briefly closes his eyes and opens them again.

Takanori: "Happy birthday, Aniki...."

Then he sees Takuma. Takuma raises his hand and then walks out of the bar. Takanori quickly puts his electric guitar down, jumps out from the stage and runs as fast as he can.

Takanori: "Aniki? Aniki!? ANIKI!!!"

Makoto and Axel also stand up, trying to catch up with him.

Makoto: "Aniki?"

When Takanori goes out of the building, he could not see Takuma anymore. A single tear runs down from his eye.

Takanori: "Aniki...."

Makoto and Axel catch up with him.

Takanori: "I saw Aniki..."

Makoto: "Probably that's his soul. Trying to reach out and greet you happy birthday."

He wipes off his tears and goes back inside.

Takuma is at the other street, just walking leisurely with his hands in his pockets.

Takuma: "Takanori, happy birthday. Till we meet again. I'll meet you when I have discovered myself."

End of Bonus Page

Last edited:
Lol, that was unexpected.

Edit: This up here was not here when i posted. :lol: I meant about page 10.

Edit 2: Takuma is mean... lol

Last edited:
Just going to say two things, 1st off, great story, yet again. And 2nd, when talking about the tattoos in chapter 10, you said right arm twice.

AstonMartinDBR9
Just going to say two things, 1st off, great story, yet again. And 2nd, when talking about the tattoos in chapter 10, you said right arm twice.

Fixed. :lol:

Last edited:
I am working on the beginning part of the sequel already.

It will focus on Takuma's self-discovery and the races involved would be the Super GT, Dream Car Championship, and, possibly, Le Mans.

Back