*sigh* The mentality of kids these days...

  • Thread starter Thread starter ghsnu
  • 47 comments
  • 5,279 views
Messages
1,039
United States
Tucson, AZ
Messages
spedy7
Here and there, I sometimes play online, mainly to just free run, not race, and NORMALLY when I do, everyone drives right (usually) and behaves fine.

Not the case in the last lobby I went to.

Had to deal with 3 :censored:s who blocked the track off (mind you, this is Daytona) with tank cars AND seemed to be gay using...erm..."words" as I'll put it, all claiming to be 18, 19, and 20 (right...).

So I just hopped in my 908 and constantly went around the track aiming for them.

Eventually got bored of their cussing and just ramming them in general and left.


What has this world come to? 10 year olds who now study online "stuff" instead of paying attention in school? I'm 15 myself, but I DEFINITELY don't act like that.

Sorry if this seems more like a rant...but needed to somewhat discuss this, especially with Christmas lurking around the corner, who knows what online will be like :/.
 
There will always be immature racers around.
 
Its on every online game. Really can't do much but ignore them and move on.
 
My advice.

Get in a Fiat 500 and show em' who's boss. :sly:
 
Well, it's pretty much a given when playing online. I guess everyone has a different definition of 'fun', so there's always a party pooper every now and then.

It's that way in every game. It's the same everywhere on the internet, to be precise. As soon as people feel safe because of the anonymity, there will be a few that will act like idiots.
 
Well, it's pretty much a given when playing online. I guess everyone has a different definition of 'fun', so there's always a party pooper every now and then.

It's that way in every game. It's the same everywhere on the internet, to be precise. As soon as people feel safe because of the anonymity, there will be a few that will act like idiots.

Ya, especially hate the "ethugs", people who try to act tough, put down others and act like bullies on the net. Its really sad. Cheaters are part of the same crowd.
 
What's especially fun is beating rammers in a Focus Rally car with a tuned fiat 500 (new gen) :P
 
Well I don't like this crap either so I tend to pay attention to the room names and only get into ones that seem to have legit racers. I always get into rooms that say clean, pro, or penalties. That seems to rid out the majority of the kids.
 
If you join a room that says "good drivers only" you'll get smashed on. Join a room that says "demolition derby" and the clean kids will be in there. Makes no sense.
 
Play Call of Duty for a week. Then come back to GT5. You'll be in heaven.
 
Sucks when you just think your having fun, and then some *** comes in and screws everything up.


And no, I don't want to be a virtual "soccarball" lol.


And yeah, call of duty is the game for big shots who think they have a huge e-penis.
 
I ran into a similar situation the other night. I joined an online room which I thought would be respectful and clean racing. Come to know it I was doing my first lap on the high speed ring, and after coming out of that tunnel there was this idiot using a tank car to block people off. Sigh, don't really understand why people do this. I know online will have its fair share of morons who like to think doing these idiotic things is fun but I would've imagine most of these people would be playing games like NFS Hot Pursuit and not GT5. Oh well, best thing is to move on and find another room or join a friend's lounge.
 
I created a sub account for gaming when none of my friends are on where chat is disabled. Only 10% of people who use chat are serious when using, mostly its just a cuss filled rant every 10 seconds.
 
I don't really see these bashers online. Maybe I'm just lucky. Either way, most of the people I've met here are good drivers who actually want to race. Go join a GTP room, add some people, and have a good time.
 
"I created a sub account for gaming when none of my friends are on where chat is disabled. Only 10% of people who use chat are serious when using, mostly its just a cuss filled rant every 10 seconds."

That happens ALL THE TIME in GRID. I once went online and heard someone ranting on and on and on and on and ON about the Ford Doran JE4 and how useless it was. Really dude... if they like that car they're going to pick it. AAAAAAAARGH so annoying listening to people like that.
 
I sometimes hang out at tsukuba having drift practise with all the drift guys, and theres always some random moron/s with nothing better to do than drive around and smash everyone or drive the wrong way or block the track. theres should be a vote kick system like in world of warcraft.
 
I had that happen the other day..Mod was sitting in pits, most likely AFK. Was a free run on the Ring and I was in my fully tuned GTI(366hp) testing it out and all the sudden some A-hole in a veyron punts me into the sand..WTF? Then they were drag racing backwards down the straight so when you got there they'd run straight into you. Hello 100k credit chassis repair.
 
I can't stand these guys. They are too slow to race, or they have to win by any means. I wish gaming was like it was when I was young, they were being dicks you gave them a Charley horse. It was so much better then angry emails.
 
Also, it seems it's worse on Forza 3...

I sometimes go into the open class hopper just for the fun of it and some hard *** has to be a dick about me choosing a lower class car than his Audi R10!

I like playing online, but people in this world are just plain insane.


Wonder what people will be like in 2020...
 
Heh, I tried playing online a few times. Usually I'm the only one racing while the others are doing doughnuts or whatever. The only time I found a proper race, it was an SLS only race, which I really hate -.-
 
So you're 15 and you're complaining about kids:boggled:

but appart from that,
This is exactly the reason why I only play GT5 (or any racing game) online with friends. I realy can't stand the bumbercar kids.. go play Burnout If you want to crash instead of ruining other peoples evening.:sly:
 
Some guy in a stock car kept following me around Nurburgring today, trying to ram me off the track. Usually, the GTP games don't have this nonsense.
 
Some guy in a stock car kept following me around Nurburgring today, trying to ram me off the track. Usually, the GTP games don't have this nonsense.

Were you in a red fiat 500 '60?
 
In WoW, I've seen (well, heard) a 38 year old man sulk about the fact that an item he wanted was -rightfully- given to a new guild member (my wife).
After he spent about ten minutes doing the online equivalent of 'stamping feet on the ground while crying', the group leader and my wife decided together that it was for the best of the group to give him the item.

I haven't been surprised by behaviour of anyone online ever since :)

So, it might be that these guys were actually older than you, maturity and age don't always go hand in hand.


:dopey:Happy Holidays to all of you!:dopey:
 
Game has a 3+ rating (here),what did you expect :p
 
I had that happen the other day..Mod was sitting in pits, most likely AFK. Was a free run on the Ring and I was in my fully tuned GTI(366hp) testing it out and all the sudden some A-hole in a veyron punts me into the sand..WTF? Then they were drag racing backwards down the straight so when you got there they'd run straight into you. Hello 100k credit chassis repair.

Dude, you don't need chassis repair due to wrecking your car. Look it up.
 
Leave the room find a new one..profit. This is and will always be the case for online gaming (which may be the reason I find myself enjoying offline single player games more and more).
 
GTPLANET should create a big league here, exclusively for gtplanet users. As most of the time my online race is ugly. Many players just doing dougnuts or even hitting you at the wrong way at full speed on straight line!
 
Back