Silver Chrome paint turns wheels black!?

  • Thread starter Thread starter gonzolagonda
  • 21 comments
  • 2,600 views
Messages
60
Messages
gonzolagonda
Decided to paint up my Cappuccino RM for the K Seasonal photo ops, but like the subject says, Silver Chrome on the stock (RM) wheels made them go a kind of matte black. Any clues why?
 
They're highly reflective - from some angles they look black because they're reflecting the track.

I've got gold chrome wheels on my Lotus V8 and when I pit the wheel rims that are lying on the ground are white. As soon as they hit the car they go gold :D
 
No these are definitely completely black in the garage, in GT Auto and on track!
 
Drive up to a red/white curb marker and see if it reflects. Like the 2nd poster mentioned, it's probably reflecting the ground when you're looking at it.
 
I gold chromed the wheels on my ZR1 rm and they went a dark chrome silver :(
 
That matte black colour is awesome! - I'd be pleased if I were you!!
 
lol
silver chrome became matte black on the wheels
Do you need more silver chrome chips? I still have ~ 16

Got plenty here thanks! Just intrigued though - the wheels were white painted originally on the RM...
 
yeah that turned out to be a nice matte black finish on the rims. hahaha! what a sweet accident :D
 
How exactly do you get these silver chrome paint chips?

#QuestionFromANoob
 
How exactly do you get these silver chrome paint chips?

#QuestionFromANoob

You could try and hope getting it every 30 cars you purchase but I found it easier to use the Marketplace.
 
Check your wheels out in the video replay. I thought the same thing untill i looked there.
 
No it's the colour it came in IIRC. Haven't tuned but have bought a coupla these with the intention of having one tuned, one stock. Remember getting a ride in a white one as a kid.
 
I've got gold chrome wheels on my Lotus V8 and when I pit the wheel rims that are lying on the ground are white. As soon as they hit the car they go gold :D
Yeah, I've seen this happen on all my cars with painted wheels.
 
jackargent
Is that a gold chrome jensen I see? I've got one in silver chrome. Don't suppose you've got a tune that makes it drivable?

Ok just had a look and the colour is Fawn Mettalic. Got another one in Yellow, which is actually a greeny-gold!
 
Have a look at this then...
(Sorry can't work out how to insert images in thread)

http://georgeshilling.smugmug.com/Video-Games/GT5/17598280_TR8FSd#1340756850

Edit: Sorry, gallery password requirement removed!! Now have a look...

Gonzo, I know that wasn't the color you were going for, but damn that matte color looks hot with that orange.

On a side note, when I silver chromed my rims on an M3, they sure did look black most of the time. So you aren't the only one that has noticed this.
 
Back