Silver Chrome Question

  • Thread starter Thread starter cariosor
  • 23 comments
  • 2,252 views
Messages
147
Why is the chrome chip so sought after?

I personally can´t figure it out. I tried it on one of my cars (mercedes)and thought it was UGLY. Are there some cars witch stand out more? or WHAT?
 
I am undecided, sometimes I think it looks really good and then I change my mind and think it's ugly again.:lol:
 
I think it's just the novelty of having a chrome car.
 
You´re probably right.
In real life do chrome cars exist? I can only remember the Mclaren´s F1 ¨silver bullets¨, were they chrome silver?
 
How do I get my hands on a chrome chip?
 
How do I get my hands on a chrome chip?
Easy way - marketplace.
Random way - you will get random matte paint or chrome for every 30 cars in your garage (30/ 60/ 90 etc).
Faster random way - get 29/59/99 cars, save and backup your save file, get 1 more car, check if you've got a chrome. If not, load backup save and try again.
 
As tacky as a chrome car is, there are some premiums that just look amazing in chrome on GT5. I don't like the Enzo at all but think it looks awesome in chrome. Any aluminum car is going to be cool to have in chrome.

If you have the chips and don't like the color PLEASE SEND THEM TO ME :)
 
As tacky as a chrome car is, there are some premiums that just look amazing in chrome on GT5. I don't like the Enzo at all but think it looks awesome in chrome. Any aluminum car is going to be cool to have in chrome.

If you have the chips and don't like the color PLEASE SEND THEM TO ME :)

My PSN: cariosor_soy

I´ll send it later. Send me PM also.
 
Me Too!

<<< MY PSN is over there ;)
 
I´m accepting any chrome line ..
psn: msturismo
 
Why is the chrome chip so sought after?

I personally can´t figure it out. I tried it on one of my cars (mercedes)and thought it was UGLY. Are there some cars witch stand out more? or WHAT?

Never underestimate the ability for adolescent males to ascribe "cool points" to something horrifically gaudy & ugly.

I had my own "Wouldn't a TOTALLY CHROME CAR be AWESOME!?!?!?" phase when I was about 15. Thankfully for every car I've actually owned since then, I grew out of it. Some never do.
 
You´re probably right.
In real life do chrome cars exist? I can only remember the Mclaren´s F1 ¨silver bullets¨, were they chrome silver?

I think William Gallas (Premier League footballer) had a chrome SLR McLaren.
 
They can't be that sought after I advertised my Chrome Chip in the market place and no one seemed interested. I still have it, never going to use it, I tried a few cars and they all looked terrible.

I'm looking for the Jag LM car to finish my Jag collection, but make me an offer via PM and I'll consider it, the paint is usless to me anyway and car duping makes them worthless too, so it's a fair trade. :sly:
 
I got my chrome chip I think for my first one, must have been a few days after GT5 release. I had no idea it was "rare" and painted my '10 Camaro premium. It looks cool but I wish now that I would have saved it for a different car.


High%20Speed%20Ring_1.jpg


Bigger, http://lh3.ggpht.com/_0KSrvZ6l9yM/TSVxl0pW2UI/AAAAAAAAAP0/00STYe3xZdE/s1600/High Speed Ring_1.jpg
 
Is there a way to ONLY chrome the racing lines of a car?

NO, you cannot paint the racing lines therefore you cannot chrome the racing lines. SOME cars will retain their existing racing lines if you chrome the car though.
 
Back