Sim Gear: Cars, Tracks, Anything GT6

Philippines
Las Pinas City
allen1259
While there's no Top Gear for the virtual world of Gran Turismo (other than the Test Track in GT5), this is as close as we can get.

Welcome to Sim Gear, reporting on all GT6; cars, tracks, tunes and all!

Before we get started, let me explain how SG works.

1. We don't have Jeremy, Richard, James, and the Stig. All we have is...um...you guys. Feel free to share your thoughts on cars or tracks.

2. Still thinking...

3. Oh yeah, when posting a car review, as much as possible, please have the following: Complete details of the car; Year model, brand, model, variant (3000++ Skyline GTR's are all special and different in their own way :)), etc. To help you get started, here's a few things to review on a car: Power, Handling, Looks, Tuneability, Value for Money...see, just like a real motoring show!

4. Power laps won't be done in the TG test track...until of course PD signs a deal with BBC again, so for the mean time, power laps would be done in the Laguna Seca.

5. Anyone want to sign up to be our tame racing driver? He/she/it needs not to have the ability to read or understand English at all or any language for that matter. Just sit in the car and extract every last bit of performance out of it. Interested applicants PM me.

That's basically it (for now), when in doubt, consult your common sense, when still in doubt, well...um...

Anyways, I'll soon be posting a review of the Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (C7) and the 2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe.

Have any thoughts? suggestions? Share it with us!

p.s. if this is in the wrong forum, do let me know :D

Last edited:
The 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (C7)

efy46.jpg

By the way, did I mention it's a Chevy?

Just...wow. This car was released late last year and up to this day, it still...um...yeah I'm lost for words. But let's not get too carried away, is its greatness only skin deep (or sheet metal deep?), or is there a beast hiding under this beauty?

The previous gen. Corvette was admittedly a (literally) big disappointment. Having questionable looks, as much grip as a fish, and while cheaper than a house, could easily pass off for one because of its size (have you ever driven it on the London City course?). So apart from the stunning looks, I wasn't really expecting much from this new model. So, let's see if the new girl would be any better.

Design

Just take a look at her. By the way, did I mention it's a Chevy? Hard to tell, up front, she looks very European, but then again, when you take a look at the rear, you'd see the Corvette genes elegantly evolved and blended with the gorgeous front end. Though I do have a bit of a problem with the hood vents which I think are really a bit out of place. Apart from that, 3 words, she is drop dead gorgeous.

Performance

The C7 is powered by none other than Chevy's all new LT1 6.2L Small Block V8 churning out 455 horsepower and 624 Nm of torque. You could get those digits from a Nissan GT-R, but...how 'bout we just skip that topic, shall we. A change oil and ECU tuning could give you more grunt, but I suggest tuning her with care, don't be too tempted by the idea of 800+ horsepower...I'll explain later why. Still, 455 horses ain't bad, you still get enough muscle to leave your opponents in the dust...assuming you can tame her though. The previous Corvette really wasn't for the faint of heart. If you're not awake, you'll spin out the moment you turn the wheel. I was expecting the same thing with the C7. Okay so far so good, to my surprise I actually make it through the first corner of the Rotenboden. Strange, I'm still facing forwards, I thought to myself gaining confidence on the new experience on the C7. Wheeee! As I overtook my highly disadvantaged opponents :mischievous:. Then it all went horribly wrong, I got a little too confident and she got away from my control, next thing I knew I was staring at the front bumper of a Toyota Supra. So grip is improved but still take caution, I suggest equipping her with an Aero Kit, I recommend the last one (I forgot if it was B or C), really helped me a lot. And if you are planning to boost power even further, don't forget to add wings...really. Going back to my less than stellar performance on the Matterhorn, apart from a bit of grip issue, I also found another issue with the brakes. I don't know if its just me, a glitch, the track, or the car itself, but I felt that the brakes don't seem to be doing an excellent job considering it's on a high performance car. Anyways, as I said, I don't know if it's just me, so try it yourself if you have a C7, and see if you experience the same problems. Performance wise, she can handle a straight line, have a bit of trouble in the corners, but over-all she's an excellent all round performer.

Value for Credits

At just 51000 Cr (at the time of writing), the Corvette C7 is a bargain. For less than the cost of an R34 or an M3, you get stunning looks and great performance. Forget about its minor issues, you'd probably still have a lot of change left over to address them. So if your looking for your first performance car or a hardcore 'Vette enthusiast, the C7 is credits well spent.

Ratings

Design: 8.5/10
Performance: 8/10
Value for Credits: 10/10
Over-all average: 8.83/10 👍

Last edited:
Ah! A reviewer!
I've done numerous reviews on GT5 and a fair few on 6. I've rather stopped now with GT6 taking less of my interest and other games taking more of it, but I still poured a good bit of work into them, particularly with GT5.
It's a good first review here as well. I drove the C7 myself - on Eiger Nordwand Short Track, of all places. But even there I could just slide it with aplomb, though I failed to get past the long hairpin every single time with it. The GT Concept C7 is even better, at least on Daytona.
Stick with it.
Personally, though I do like the idea of ratings, I'm actually thinking of scrapping them when or if I do get back to reviewing. Because if you do it that way, a person will just go down, look at the rating and just judge it on that, leaving the actual article unloved. Therefore, it's better to make people actually read your work to get your view. But that's just what I've realised so...

SOMEPLAYADUDE'S SIM GEAR ENTRY #1
Car:
1988 Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary.

Your host today:
Clark Kayne
, "final boss" antagonist of Legacy Of The Dark Horse, one of the 6 deuretagonists of Dawn Of The Mythic. WARNING: CONTENT HEAVY!!

14544567001_50bccf60a1_z.jpg

The Lamborghini Countach (Koon-tash). Any car nut would say this name is properly well known.

The many hatred towards the posh, snobbish men of the prancing horse has led to numerous attempts to put Ferrari to the dirt. Easier said than done, not many cars can achieve such a state. This, however, has.

14407194129_06d8bafeac_z.jpg

Being Lamborghini's flagship model before the hell forged Diablo made its way to this realm, the Countach has been a staple of any sports car since it's birth, while not to a scale similar to it's predecessor: the Miura. With bundles of cars trying to best the pocket rocket it was named for, the Countach kept getting better and stronger.

14407193489_d95ca2da73_z.jpg

And why not finish up producing the Countach with a bang? That's what Lamborghini aptly did. With only 667 of it's kind sold to the public, the Countach 25th Anniversary was the pinnacle of what the pocket rocket comprised of.

14590478581_c75b4a21bb_z.jpg

Clark: "You'd ask how would i know a lot about this car. *exhales* The people at Sim Gear chose the right man to test this raging bull. Perchance, that I own this Nero Tenebre model as well."

14407348797_28de0c68eb_z.jpg

I've heard some people would look up to find the smallest crack to rub like an open wound. Sure, it's flawed in many cases, but with a base design from Bertone, and then this model perfected by Horacio Pagani? These criticisms against the name can only mean: Up theirs.

14593096842_94c6e52a5b_z.jpg

Around the world, the car's been represented pretty well. Across the Atlantic, the Countach name's been heard in the hit cult classic movie: The Cannonball Run, as driven by two vixen that use their alluring sexual appeal to win a crazy race. And then Japan stood up with an interesting take on a racer's road to the podium, simply named "Countach", starring the base LP400 model.

14407171958_c5c16f4cfd_z.jpg

Clark: "Putting aside your ludicrious fanboyism, the absolute way to enjoy the car, is to get in the seat and start it up.. Only, that in today's standards, this car's an antique, and you won't be able to find it just lying on your nearest parking lot."

14570733476_d307ce678c_z.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But, we break that mold! What better to test out the car on unbounded ground. Breaking character, i know.

Rocket
Def Leppard
Hysteria

14407171019_51757cdf67_z.jpg

Autodromo Nationale Monza, located on the northern plains of Italy. A track well known for hosting the many Formula One races annually since it's opening in the mid 1920s. You'd have to be a dummy to not know this track.

14570714126_63d9d3e11e_z.jpg

The many high speed corners, along with the chicanes prove to be a test of one's skill with both maintaining the car's speed. Optimum exit speeds are mandatory to get the best out of your car.

14613826643_6047dd03ec_z.jpg

Clark: "*shouts* Of course with great power, you have to ensure you put that power to great use. So many have tried to persuade us that wasted metal, or unwanted plastic, is the way to go. But, this car.. IT'S PURITY AT IT'S FINEST."

14407150608_e1f57c72a1_z.jpg

*accelerates*

14613825753_0e62e01608_z.jpg

Clark: "YYEAAAH! What a car!"

14613825373_27c74480a5_z.jpg

The mind blowing experience of having a Countach go in the speeds intended will never be beaten.

14613825173_3ee13fbc1a_z.jpg

Clark: "*shouts* This Gandini abomination has a beautifully brutal.. 5.2 liter V12. This is about 455 horsepower of doom! Nil to sixty in.. about 5 seconds, with a top speed of 180!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You might be scoffing at such a standard. But get this: at the time of birth, this was lightspeed! To put any naysayers to rest, we've decided to measure this peak performance on the straight against something similarly priced with today's standards.

14593760265_b2aee6ae05_z.jpg

Clark: "The Jaguar XKR-S. Beautiful, isn't it? Supercharged V8 makes 542 hp and first mass produced Jag to reach 300 km/h. Nil to sixty in 4.2. But, it's much more cumbersome."

14407190339_1d1cab93a3_z.jpg

Numbers don't talk, but let's find out if they do mean something, in a straight line. Putting the Variante del Rettifilo aside for a moment, the first one to reach it wins.

*GO*

14407188719_2c78d73e27_z.jpg

Already off the line smoking, it's bye bye Jaguar! Here we go, lads!

14613843873_ae4c5a79b4_z.jpg

14591874844_a95a07b318_z.jpg

Clark: "*shouting* 120!"

14407186359_89d4dff834_z.jpg

Clark: "*shouting* 140!"

14407166178_feb128b738_z.jpg

Speed Camera: Countach crosses line @ 158 mph

14591872864_5ae0936a53_z.jpg

Speed Camera: XKR-S crosses line @ 154 mph

14590471811_c0f737b1fb_z.jpg

You kitten! The numbers forsake you!

So, with that's that, we have push the Jaguar to beat my Countach on track to actually try making amends, and make sure we're not letting the straight line be the fair judge.

Clark: "And for that, I won't be driving these cars around this track. As much as I'll enjoy that.. But, this'll need the expertise of our.. tamed racing driver."

Some say, any injuries he gets bleeds a mixture of gasoline, Milka, egg yolk and diamonds...

And he was the inventor of the pelvic thrust.

All we know is... he's called The Stig!

Ol' Stiggy's gone for the Jaguar first. What a pitiful patriot.

14591871094_fb93322882_z.jpg

GO!

Song.

14570726306_7756a1ba0b_z.jpg

14593087582_e5aa90e58d_z.jpg

14407162608_d39b24930d_z.jpg

14407181719_085469ae91_z.jpg

14591868064_22d78e9c28_z.jpg

14613836593_669cd5a917_z.jpg

14407336977_44e39a7542_z.jpg

14593084462_a37f3b823a_z.jpg

14590465441_c495505131_z.jpg

14407335157_f7cdcb7e1c_z.jpg

After such a run, the Jaguar finished in 2:10.262.

With the results of the drag race in it's favor, you know my money's on the Countach.

14593747915_7343d9b10d_z.jpg

GO!

Song.

14590463761_d14c6f5d06_z.jpg

14407112890_61ec7376f2_z.jpg

14407111900_fdd3b395cb_z.jpg

14590461231_2f1be89c1e_z.jpg

14591860934_5bc299e20f_z.jpg

14570716406_9ee4cd262f_z.jpg

14407329297_996bf3b1e8_z.jpg

14593076922_0fd97f8b82_z.jpg

14590458691_706cab1fff_z.jpg

14407168499_7c0402373d_z.jpg

Clark: "*listens through walkie talkie* Well, let's say it was quite interesting. 2 minutes.. ten... point.. one eight."

I'm sure by now, your feeble mind has blown to a degree. And keep in mind, these cars haven't gotten anything changed from the showroom. All on showroom stock.

Soon, i had to fire Stiggy and head out to see what desire would you want in a Countach over something similar to the XKR-S.

But he didn't take it so well.

Clark: "Okay.. okay.. Stiggy.. CALM DOWN, YOU RUNT!"

*Headbutts*

Clark: "SON OF A.. Those were MY GLASSES!"

Along with some violent vibrations shaking my skull, i wasn't pleased.

Clark: "They were worth more than a grand! I won't tolerate such rot, even from a world famous masked freak like YOU!"

*SCENE MISSING*

Let's say i had to cool down, and leave Monza after that.

14591855944_832c2f64b1_z.jpg

*Clark has no sunglasses*

Clark: "*stares angrily to camera* .....just don't."

14591855914_4e37a16bfd_z.jpg

Despite that, i have a job to do.

Clark: "*shouts* So, the Countach is somehow a spectactle. But, we have some issues. First of all, i want to see how Gandini explains the lack of proper everyday life amenities, such as... well, a boot. A mother :censored:ing boot!"

14591855384_a1126d1ed8_z.jpg

Then, unlike the XKR-S, the Countach doesn't have comfortable seats. It has a hard to use manual gearbox. And you have no space for your little ones. And then, practicality may be it's Kryptonite.

Clark: "*shouts* You'd be hateful to see behind your rearview mirror. Ouch. You have just that small periscope as your eyes for behind. How i can tell that's a DB9?! It's really important that this isn't a problem, but then again.. it's hardly comfortable on these seats."

14593072252_912eaa3454_z.jpg

So, with such a shape, it seems Lamborghini made a pure race machine. But the Countach had no such successful racing homologation. This car also isn't for the faint of heart, seeing that the Jaguar had even more traction than this!

Clark: "*shouts* And that's about all the bad i have to say about this. It's time i tell you what made this devastate Ferrari: its superb drive."

14407167339_89d9033093_z.jpg

Garage
Ian Livingstone
GRID 2 OST

Clark: "*shouts* It's got a great acceleration, evident from that race earlier. For a mid engined machine, it's also relatively stable, only letting a drift when you REALLY want to."

So, Gandini's work has shined brightly in the handling. But it's a bit of a chore to reach the 180 MPH it claims, with a rather steep RPM gain on gears 3 and 5.

14407147598_7557a1330f_z.jpg

Clark: "*shouts* Which is why power is the main thing to prioritize when getting it to race specifications. It's got great handling for something weighing 1 and a half tons, supreme traction for a mid engined, rear wheel driving V12, and some amazing acceleration. These already make up for it's weaknesses."

Along with that are some additions to the car's arsenal. Optionally, one can place the 5000 Quattrovalvole wing to add some needed aero, but i feel that we won't be needing it at all. It's a definite win upon adapting any track with any top driver.

But, let's talk business.

14593070622_6b572fda0b_z.jpg

Clark: "After all those fun and games, it's time we review."

Design

Marcello Gandini of Bertone + Finishing touches of Horacio Pagani = Undisputed. This is coming from a Ferrari nut. Critically acclaimed as one of the world's sexiest cars in existence, there isn't anything notably negative on the outside as is the inside. But if you're wanting to use this car everyday, or you're the sort that likes to put flat floors or silly plastic work, you're not going to get much here.

Performance

At 500pp and 550pp, it places itself as one of the higher end racers. Tune it right, and you'll see yourself cruising to pole position, sometimes. The car's just the vessel, not the moving force. See that you will bring Lamborghini's name to the front along with the much more potent Miuras. Dependent on driving style, however, you might want to decide getting chassis reinforced or not.

Value For Credits

Being the only Lamborghini under 200k Credits, you're not going to hold yourself back so easy. 200k is pretty easy to get, and you're going to get your money's worth in what it offers. The drive, the performance and the iconic flare? You can't deny that. But, before you decide to spend extra, please consider driving it the way Lamborghini intended first.

SomeDude Approves?

14570709126_6b8be5717b_z.jpg

APPROVED!

Lamborghini Diablo GT:

diabloGTtest_2.jpg

Here is my entry for this interesting thread. More car reviews are needed, especially for those who do research before spending their hard-earned credits for a car they desire.

This is the Lamborghini Diablo GT. Pretty soon it will appear in my fan fiction. But for now, allow me to tell you every detail of this beloved supercar.

diabloGT_1.jpg

History:

The Diablo debuted in 1990, but in actuality, the car was meant to debut in the company's 25th Anniversary, but since the car is still in development, Lamborghini decided to release another Countach for the anniversary event - dubbed the Countach 25th Anniversary which it sold 657 units, making it the best-selling model at the time.

The Diablo came equipped with the tried-and-tested Lamborghini V12 (which saw its first use in the 1960s 350GT model, as a 3.5 liter unit), stretched to 5.7 liters, now fuel-injected, creating 493 horsepower. The new power piloted the Diablo to 328 km/h, beating its arch-nemesis - the Ferrari F40 - and setting the world top speed record for a production car.

Years later, the company released the "SV" or "Sprint Veloce". Unlike the Miura SV, the Diablo SV served as an entry-level model, with fewer luxuries but with even more power - 30 more HP than the normal Diablo.

However, enthusiasts were quick to point out that the Diablo is a terrifying car to drive at the limit, knowing the combination of high power and mid-engined layout require only the very skilled driver. hence prompting the company to release the VT (Viscous Traction). The VT is the 4WD version of the Diablo, to satisfy the needs of some who want a tamed fighting bull.

In 1998, financial troubles once again plagued Lamborghini, and its Indonesian investors could not anymore justify their further investment. Audi then came to save the day (because VW was on a buying spree).

Before being bought by Audi though, Lamborghini was working on their Diablo GT2 racing car, but since they were caught into financial difficulties, the project was just a step closer to becoming a reality. When Audi executives noticed that race car's existence, they decided to use it as a basis for an even more menacing Diablo.

And the Diablo GT came into existence, with just 80 of them being built.

However, just like the other models in the lineup, it also unleashed hell, still living up to its name...

Design:

Just like its predecessors, the Diablo was designed by the styling genius of Bertone - Marcello Gandini. However, the Diablo was a controversial one. Because what you see here, are just bits of his original design.

Apparently, Lamborghini was owned by Chrysler in the late 80s. As usual, they heeded the services of the famed designer to make a concept sketch for the Diablo. When brought aboard to Chrysler's executives, they found his design to be too sharp, and let their own design team to modify Gandini's original design, leaving the famed designer unimpressed, and instead decided to use his original design for the Cizeta V16T:

diablocizeta_4.jpg

See the similarities?

But wait, what about the Z32 300ZX headlights? Why are they on the Diablo GT?

The Diablo GT was another redesign - this time when Audi bought Lamborghini - and it's not just about for looks. In fact, it was taken from the Diablo GT2 prototype. So it means that the Diablo GT is a road-going racer.

Performance:

The Diablo GT is equipped with a 6 liter V12, creating 580 horsepower. Performance figures actually vary, because each customer tailored their own gear ratios, and in GT6, it was one of the close gear ratio models, having a top speed that is around 300 km/h, a far cry from the long-gear ratio variant that can do 338 km/h.

It has a fire-breathing engine, so how does it perform on the track?

Devilish... or should I say, Diabolic. It still lives up to its name, despite being "tamed" by Audi who injected race car technology in it. It would turn nicely, but careful on your accelerator, as it can just wiggle its tail out and KILL YOU. It does not even like Racing tires (I have yet to equip it again and try it out, with the 1.09 patch physics fix) as it will also try to take you out with sudden oversteer.

Of course, tune it right, and it will behave. With camber being fixed, I exploited it and it now performs nicely on Sports tires (But then again, I have yet to try it out with Racing tires. Any feedback from this will be appreciated), with a redistributed weight balance ( at -50%. It's one of the best tune setups for the car).

Another recommended setup is a fully-customizable transmission even in stock. No matter how long your gear ratios are, the engine will just allow to pull the car away. That's how epic the Lamborghini V12 is. That's the only thing I did to my stock Diablo GT, to replicate the long gear ratio option that the factory offered.

Value for Money:

At 300,000 Credits, I could say that it is value for money, especially that it's a limited edition variant, that can put a smile on everyone's face. Plus, everyone wants a premium Diablo model, so I'm sure everyone is happy that this car made it into the game since Day 1.

However, there are alternatives. You can spend less on a 458 Italia, but what the heck. IT'S A DIABLO! This is among the last of the "pure" supercars, which is a DYING BREED! And arguably, this is the greatest Lamborghini ever built!

Rating:

7.5 out of 10 - a great car, fun to drive, and incredible tuning potential even on a light tune. However, don't expect it to be as precise as an Aventador or a McLaren MP4-12C.

But then, neither of those cars offer the thrill nor the drama the Diablo gives. Old school is still cool, plus this is among the few instances that we can drive the Diablo on its limits, even if it's only in the virtual world of Gran Turismo.

diabloGT_1moo.png

2000 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI GSR Tommi Makinen Edition
2rzt5l4.jpg

Man, that was a mouthful

Nope, you can't have this LanEvo in that mad green color, because this is MY Lancer Evo VI. It was my first car in GT6 (besides the Honda Fit you're forced to buy). Don't worry about the accuracy of this review, because apart from the ricey exterior, this car is nothing else but a pure stock Evo underneath.

5b1blx.jpg

Green cactus in the desert?

This is the 6th generation of Mitsubishi's almighty Lancer Evolution. What sets this car apart is that it's a rare Tommi Makinen Edition (well, not so rare in the game though...). It was named after (obviously) Finnish driver Tommi Makinen who had won Mitsubishi 4 WRC Driver's Championships. It featured a different front bumper, interior, Enkei white wheels, a titanium turbine that spooled up quicker...yada, yada, yada...so that's why it' was known as the Evo 6½. So anyways, can this impress Tommi Makinen himself? Let's see.

xkulx2.jpg

You were saying something, Kaz?

Design

Every inch of this car screams three things, rice, rice, and um, rice. Well, my car does. It's not really the best looker in this generation of Japanese cars. The front looks a bit too fuzzy, and so does its hood. But I will admit, this is one of the few cars which look good with a huge spoiler. And those wheel arches don't look out of place too. Still, it is easier on the eyes than the Impreza of the same generation.

122lxxg.jpg

The old man still has it

Performance

Having a long running rally heritage, this car has become a tuner favorite. Out of the box, it has 276 horsepower, still quite fast even for today's standards. So yeah, it still has enough power to keep up with an Evo VII. But still, All that power is useless if you can't get it turning the right direction. Considering its wins in the WRC, I was kinda disappointed with this model. Loads and loads of understeer here and there. Why won't you turn?! Every time I approach a corner, that was my thought. Being an Evo guy, I hate to admit it, the Impreza is way...way better at taking corners than this Evo.

35lxcoi.jpg

A new take on the Evo vs. STI battle

Don't give up on it though, spending some credits on suspension and drivetrain modifications should help rectify the situation. That's actually what makes the Evo an excellent car to tune. You really have to get involved to wring the last bit of performance out of it.

sy8tgl.jpg

The perfect Christmas gift?

Value for Credits

At 32780 Cr, yeah it's kinda cheap, especially if you're on a tight budget. But for less than that, you could get the 2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STi (Type-II) for just 28950 Cr. It has the same horsepower but has more torque out of the box. Plus with the spare change in hand, you can get a decent boost from a Sports ECU or a Sports Catalytic Converter. So unless you're a hardcore Evo enthusiast and/or collector, I'd say no, it's not really worth it.

Ratings

Design: 6/10
Performance: 5.5/10
Value for Credits: 5/10
Over-all average: 5.5/10 👎

Now I kinda feel stupid choosing that as my first car :banghead:

Last edited:
My take on that car?

It's great on stock, but don't max it out, really. It'll just understeer, as its weight distribution dictates. Plus, AYC is utterly useless when heavily-tuned. Center diff and LSD adjustments might save it.

It's a shame, because that is ONLY my favorite Lan-Evo.

"What the unholy 🤬.."

14498667567_b64940595f_c.jpg

SOMEPLAYADUDE'S SIM GEAR ENTRY #2
Car:
1962 Volkswagen Sambabus Type 2 (T1)

Your host today:
Clark Kayne

Yes, the madhouse producers has asked me... *furious* CLARK KAYNE, STREET RACING MESSIAH, to review a car that defined slow in all that is Gran Turismo 5 and 6.

Clark: "*towards camera* Tell me you're joking. PLEASE!"

*camera moves left and right*

14685129625_42b0702cb3_c.jpg

So, what we have here is a T1 Volkswagen Transporter; specifically the iconic hippy van of the 60s. Volkswagen's pride and joy of the time along with the refined Beetle. Before the Volkswagen Rabbit came along, i guess this is what we're getting from them.

At the time, VW marked their machines with numbers similar to BMW today. The beetle we all know took the marque of Type 1. The Type 2 is this small hunk of metal: a passenger van. They do have more "Types", but it's not like they matter at all.

In fact, it's the beetle and this bus that got worldwide acclaim. Their design shouted cute. chic, economic, and stylish, placing Volkswagen into the industry as the special bunch. Moreover, the drive is something else.

Clark: "And you thought 'fast is fun'? Well, as much as i know people with that faith, I'm afraid i have to prove them wrong today. When you think bus or van, you think cumbersome, sized ride, with tons of understeer."

14685129105_2189cc3930_c.jpg

Unless you look at the Type 2, you're going to get understeer in most vans and their layout. Only stupid people make a claim with no backing of it faithfully. All of the Type 2 vans carry a rear engined rear wheel drive layout. Pretty special, if you ask me.

Clark: "Because that's a layout similar to the more popular, now and then models of Porsche. In fact, this and the Beetle were designed by the boxer engine master himself: Ferdinand Porsche."

The Transporter has undergone many revisions, labeled from T1 to T5. But the most venerable trim of the lot would be the Samba Bus variant from the T1 class. Why? If we look ahead, many of us has seen British industries using the T5 like the blood cells in our arteries.

Industry and vans are pretty relevant, but to let you know: the Samba Bus trim is technically the highest trim level. The luxury package. But there are details lost to the past that I want to divulge about.

14684827512_76b96db6c7_c.jpg

Clark: "So, then.. the best way to solve that mystery is to get into the seat and give it a roll."

What an unusual door lever.. Still, entering the car isn't much of a problem. The problem is what 60s Volkswagen think is normal in regards to today.

Clark: "To begin with.. no rear seatbelts, and headrests of any sort. And, even though this is a brand new model.. i don't think the radio can actually pick something up. Old tech, i know."

And it's easy to notice the passenger doors are on one side, similar to the Hyundai Veloster. Except this is a passenger van. To someone as symmetrical as he likes about his cars, this sort of crap is more of an inconvenience.

14681934901_357bd24d3d_c.jpg

Clark: "There's more: this tall arse gearstick's fiddly. The handbrake's a nightmare to use, and these pedals *push*.. i can hardly put some work in."

The biggest problem, to me, would be the lack of air conditioning. Plus, a static sunroof too. That's not nice if you're striding the Sahara, for instance.

Song

To put this review onwards without hopefully embarrassing my good name, i head to the main hub of the Nurburgring for real business.

14684830882_36f9894050_c.jpg

Just weighing above a ton, the all so famous Hippy Van carries bare bones worth of 35 hp through it's puny flat 4 boxer engine in the back.

Clark: "Bob it left and right is one thing this thing can do without fear. I'm barely passing 60. That is very civilian, and it always will be.

14498669587_fbe04c546f_c.jpg

Notice how the engine being placed at the back makes this a car i can put some freedom of speech at. Some cars I might get to review are so ridiculously noisy, i have to shout to prompt some words out of my damn mouth.

Want a much more extreme example? If i ever get to it, my FXX needs me to use a communicator to do my talking!

Clark: "Aside from the lack of power and racing talent this car's hopefully not about, the notable thing i can put my finger on is the handling. Yes i know.. Clark! You're going at 60; how are you supposed to make a nice drift, or scare the old crannies by their retirement homes and what not?"

14682747074_12ffe7368d_c.jpg

Clark: "Instead, the old ladies will be pleased to see their childhood version of a Transit roaming about, except I'm not into Fords like that."

14498485808_c3de8af7d2_c.jpg

Since we really can't get a Ford Transit to race with us today, I'd settle with it not doing so. To see something bigger outrun something so puny is an oddity.

14498668437_5431d6515c_c.jpg

Clark: "But, even though I'm about 5 foot 11, the low floor makes it like I'm driving on a bar stool! Cheeky b:censored:s!"

And said low floor means less air flow underneath, says Porsche. Less space makes it more concentrate, which is good for turning. That, and the small wheelbase makes this something that turns better than anything i can think of.

14705014083_ca0696ca51_c.jpg

Clark: "Just a word to those 'fast is fun' fools: you're missing out!"

14498484838_e2c8ccd9ec_c.jpg

Lap after lap, it's about time i stop before i, or you all, take to the remote and change channels.

14498484678_0e8868e635_c.jpg

Clark: "And i would call it a day. But, this isn't your average automobile telly program, no."

Due to most of you probably taking a snooze as i attempt to make this bus go fast, we head to the Sim Gear top secret engineering bay... placed just by the track.

Clark: "And from there, i let some of the finest race engineers in Germany make this Samba Bus into something more of a threat. Shall we? *spins automatic spanner"

*SONG*

*WHIRR*

*CLANK*

*TINK*

*SSSS*

*CHING*

TWO DAYS LATER..

And we're back on the Nurburgring, with something a bit more destructive.

Song.

14684826962_81bdf09f4d_c.jpg

Clark: "Samba's back. Tell a friend!"

Aside from the Lamborghini yellow and the sports tires, you can tell this bus' got itself some kids to send.

Clark: "And better yet: we fitted a turbo. That means.."

14662120306_d3956a899b_c.jpg

Clark: "Yes!"

Despite all of these additions, the bus still won't go too fast, unless you want it to go in flames.

14498474249_cf4edaa427_c.jpg

Now for a real test: how will it cope against something from today.

14662119546_92a48c299a_c.jpg

Clark: "And now for something else. We haven't got the time to modify something else from the 60s. So, the producers had another idea. But first, we'll have to introduce our tamed racing driver."

Some say he's always got enough decisive evidence to accuse a chicken for murder...

And he's the reason why Her Royal Highness looks thin on paper.

All we know is.. he's called The Stig!

14662119356_7324d75659_c.jpg

Song.

Clark: "After my nasty little run last time, you can say he's back, but not really in black."

Armed with a "Racing" variant of the new Toyota Hachi Roku, let's see it make a quick lap round.

14498473469_91bb31fca9_c.jpg

GO!

Song

14662118686_1d77cdb8dc_c.jpg

14682741744_9823311d04_c.jpg

14498663507_5df27c9ff3_c.jpg

14685126285_da26eb3c70_c.jpg

14681932151_034a104f1e_c.jpg

14498662897_b8a4fda784_c.jpg

14498493228_921e247a9a_c.jpg

14498676117_55943ffef5_c.jpg

14498484389_994c63b0c8_c.jpg

Clark: "*listens through radio* 1:53.3... not too shabby."

Children are late for class. We will see if they will get there before getting punished, hmm?

14498484229_bc0c11f4d7_c.jpg

GO!

Song.

14681943481_0244fa02bf_c.jpg

14705021163_5e8b0bd796_c.jpg

14685137385_c50f11f146_c.jpg

14684835732_a19dbbf071_c.jpg

14498674497_7a1cd7fdb4_c.jpg

14685136705_c15ac4f629_c.jpg

14684835132_5c5e7c66d2_c.jpg

14498466350_a753396ef4_c.jpg

14682751484_edf42d7e8c_c.jpg

Clark: "*listens through radio* Hmm.. mother of all surprises.. 1:52.8."

Sure, it might've beaten a nice sports car of today, but we look at the facts.

14498673857_110551c37a_c.jpg

Clark: "Firstly, let me stress that the 86 GT cost much much less. And let me give you the nitty gritty of what our top secret engineers have put.."

*Rolls down long sheet of paper*

14681941461_df8592d5f4_c.jpg

Clark: "Hmm... hmm.. let's start with.."

ONE HOUR LATER..

14498673587_0dfe228f9f_c.jpg

Clark: "And.. that's it, actually. Though, i have the feeling that the producers will cut it short for my displeasure."

Let's add that the 86 GT comes in at a lot less, and fresh off the factory floor to boot.

14498465700_caf0da79a6_c.jpg

And if you do get to it, you're going to spend more cash on upgrading it than buying it if you want to match the 86 GT's level. There are repercussions on getting this bus if you're not rich or liquid in any way.

14684833722_d56bc1603d_c.jpg

But if you really really do want this.. thing, you'll need to look up what's going to lure you in.

14682750344_f9bee227ae_c.jpg

Clark: "Your ridiculous mind said "I want a bus" for your racing needs? Here's what you need to look at."

Design

People say cute. For a van, the miniature sizing means it's just that. You can put sports rims to burn your eyes. You can change the bumpers to ones just as similarly bleak. One thing's for sure: you're not going past 140 mph at all with this, and the design reflects on that. Also, you can't go too far to put some nice groovy 60s paint on the thing until we get the option to do so.

Although not a very pretty car for those of today, this is one of the few cars you can shorten it's suspension by 200 inches instead of the average of about 60. Beware: have a look at the front tires of the car on the drift photo.

People and their video games.

Performance

Please don't tell me you want one because of this column.

But if you're looking to race with it, the small wheelbase means handling's great, but not as great as the old Fiat 500. That's as much kindness i have to say before we go to the speed aspect. Even fully upped you're not going to win anything in this soapbox unless you're facing against a go kart or it's classic compact car rivals, and that's pushing it.

Value For Credits

This car is more of a novelty than anything. But it's not too horribly expensive. Barely passing 72k credits, you're more likely to get the much cheaper Shelby GT500 instead for a real death wish of a car. Save a bit more, and you can even get a regular Nissan GT-R. You might want to credit check your garage first before getting this decorative piece.

In all fairness, you'd want to get the much cheaper Mazda Carol Deluxe, Citroen 2CV, Subaru 360 or the old Fiat 500s for a fair comparison. Any worse, and we have VW's World War 2 cruisers costing a small fortune.

SomeDude Approves?

14498482928_76aae6842d_c.jpg

FOR RACING: NOT APPROVED!

OTHERWISE: A DOUBLE EDGED SWORD.

Finally, here it is, the FIRST EVER Sim Gear Challenge!

**Two guys in lab coats approaching**

What have we here?

**Opens up the golden envelope**

Hmmm...

"It's no secret that cop cars cost a lot of dough nowadays, some even costing hundreds of thousands of dollars (see Dubai). Now it's up to you to prove that police forces all over the world are a bunch of idiots. How? Simple, a man in a lab coat will hand you 20k Credits. What you have to do is to spend it on buying and tuning a car to be the perfect police patrol and pursuit vehicle."

**Lab coat man gives the 20k Credits**

Ok, so here's how we're going to do it:

1) Spend 20k Credits
2) Post your build here. Include all details: specs, mods, total cost, and picture.
3) Here's the criteria for judging:
a. Cost
-A point for every credit under 20k, negative point for every credit over the 20k budget.

b. 1/4 Mile Drag
-A cop car is useless if it's slow. So you now have to prove that your budget cop car has the enough grunt to chase baddies (and the occasional dude flirting with your not-girlfriend). Really wanted to do a live run but sadly can't, so instead, we'll do it at the SSR X. Standing start, 1 point for every tenth of a second faster than 15 seconds and negative point for every tenth over 15.

c. City Chase
-Street racing is a big thing in Japan. Being the newest recruit of the SGPD, it's time you see some action. You will be in pursuit of a guy racing on the R246. Your not going to apprehend him for racing, instead, you're going to stop him from humiliating himself with his pathetic Honda Fit. Your goal is to overtake the Fit within 1 minute of driving on the R246. You may want to get someone on the P2 controller or save a ghost of the Fit and chase it. 1 point for every second under a minute and negative point for every second over the time limit.

Points will be tallied and the lowest score will get shot in the nuts by a potato cannon.

So...um...good luck?

Finally, here it is, the FIRST EVER Sim Gear Challenge!

**Two guys in lab coats approaching**

What have we here?

**Opens up the golden envelope**

Hmmm...

"It's no secret that cop cars cost a lot of dough nowadays, some even costing hundreds of thousands of dollars (see Dubai). Now it's up to you to prove that police forces all over the world are a bunch of idiots. How? Simple, a man in a lab coat will hand you 20k Credits. What you have to do is to spend it on buying and tuning a car to be the perfect police patrol and pursuit vehicle."

**Lab coat man gives the 20k Credits**

Ok, so here's how we're going to do it:

1) Spend 20k Credits
2) Post your build here. Include all details: specs, mods, total cost, and picture.
3) Here's the criteria for judging:
a. Cost
-A point for every credit under 20k, negative point for every credit over the 20k budget.

b. 1/4 Mile Drag
-A cop car is useless if it's slow. So you now have to prove that your budget cop car has the enough grunt to chase baddies (and the occasional dude flirting with your not-girlfriend). Really wanted to do a live run but sadly can't, so instead, we'll do it at the SSR X. Standing start, 1 point for every tenth of a second faster than 15 seconds and negative point for every tenth over 15.

c. City Chase
-Street racing is a big thing in Japan. Being the newest recruit of the SGPD, it's time you see some action. You will be in pursuit of a guy racing on the R246. Your not going to apprehend him for racing, instead, you're going to stop him from humiliating himself with his pathetic Honda Fit. Your goal is to overtake the Fit within 1 minute of driving on the R246. You may want to get someone on the P2 controller or save a ghost of the Fit and chase it. 1 point for every second under a minute and negative point for every second over the time limit.

Points will be tallied and the lowest score will get shot in the nuts by a potato cannon.

So...um...good luck?

I like that.

Also, derived from that, may I suggest that there must be three volunteers, and shoot photos for it, like what I do in my fanfics. Get 3 volunteers, set a room, and then...

...another cheap car challenge, not involving cop cars, though.

20k? I think i can get a go kart at that price :lol:

But since we need to have a street legal car of budget performance, prepare to see some Kei-ck butt action.

Let's go back to that challenge later on.

For now, let's move on. We don't want this thread to be stagnant.

I am currently taking a break from writing my fanfics. I shall use it to contribute as much as possible to this thread.

My next entry is:

Large%20Image.jpg

McLaren MP4-12C

And why does it have to be a car from GT5? I shall say this is an entirely different car in GT6. So please stay here and know the reason why.

History:

With the Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren going out of production, McLaren's executives has somehow gotten the push to create their own road car. They have focused too much on Formula 1, since then, there was no McLaren road car ever to grace the streets. Well, the F1, of course, but that was a limited-run speed machine. This time around, they intend to produce a higher volume supercar.

As early as 2009, McLaren has exposed its prototypes, and has wowed the audience, especially those who are too fed up waiting for another road car since the F1.

Their primary target? Much like in Formula 1, it's also Ferrari! Yes, they want to topple Ferrari in the road car department as well. The 458 Italia enjoys too much spotlight, they say.

And it's time to take it down...

Specifications:

In order to steal the spotlight away from the 458 Italia, the performance must exceed expectations. In answering the demand for efficiency, however, they decided to turbocharge the engine. The M838T - a 3.8 liter twin turbo V8 derived from Nissan's VRH35 racing engine (the unit that powered the Nissan R390 GT1). The base unit and its rights were bought by McLaren from Nissan. Further development led an increase of displacement to 3.8 liters.

As a result, it produces 600 horsepower and later on increased to 625 HP in 2012.

Of course, to manage all that power, the suspension system is very unique, offering ride comfort without sacrificing precision. It can be firm on the race track, and comfy on the way home. Power is transferred to just rear wheels via a 7-speed dual clutch gearbox.

Adhering to McLaren's philosophy since the F1 road car, the MP4-12C has to be light, the chassis is based on an F1 style one-piece carbon tub called the Carbon MonoCell.

I'm not going to geek out any further, but in a nutshell it means a very light and sturdy body.

And so it does deliver - 0-100 km/h in 3 seconds and a top speed that exceeds 325 km/h (I don't trust Route X top speeds :lol: )

What makes it special? Why does it deserve an entry?

As I mentioned earlier, the MP4-12C is now an entirely different beast in GT6. In GT5, everyone hated it. It turned badly and would end up losing control. The only redeeming feature was its blistering acceleration, but that's not enough to cover up its poor handling.

Now, in Gran Turismo 6, it's now a must-have car, a car beloved by many, or a hard-to-chase and annoying AI rabbit.

Just how much improved is the 12C overall? Let's find out by taking it out for a timed run in Tsukuba Circuit. From now on, I shall compare lap times using this track.

14763963951_ab38bd59d2_c.jpg

This car now loves to corner. Tuck it in the apex and it will comply. Mind you, it's running on Sports Hard tires. Gone are the frustrating handling properties from GT5!

14744131556_9dd6efab68_c.jpg

The blistering acceleration remains, as what it should be. Shifts are very quick and you can easily get out of corners using that turbo boost that can deliver easily.

14763962871_aefdee71b1_c.jpg

And it crosses the line at...

...whoa...

58.015 seconds! Now that's impressive for a road car. Even time attack tuned cars are struggling to break past the 1 minute barrier.

I shall record it for future reference.

1. McLaren MP4-12C - 58.015

I suggest we test and time cars at Tsukuba, at it brings out the true handling performance of the car.

Verdict:

So there you have it. The McLaren MP4-12C is now a much better car in GT6. It's now worth spending for.

This, I will say, and also backed up by others, that it's the fastest car under 600 PP. Even the Enzo and the Aventador will go back home crying to their mamas. Great job, PD, for taking time to truly extract the performance of the 12C. Did you test the real car for you to come up with such impressive improvements?

And I can assure you, if you're having trouble beating the under 600 PP Seasonal Events, this car will guarantee an easy win even in stock form.

There are cheaper alternatives, of course. You can get an SRT Viper GTS half as much, and admittedly, it has the fun factor that is absent in the 12C. The 12C is more of a precise surgery tool. The 458 Italia looks better as well, and has the soul and passion... Oops.

*inserts coin to the Italian Swear Jar*​

So I give it... 9 out of 10

It's just that epic.

Approved? A BIG YES!

2010 Honda CR-Z α

2qcmbo4.jpg

Great...another Honda hatchback

I have never really liked Hondas. Every time I see one I get the picture of noisy ricers, wannabee's and such, yeah that's coming from a guy with a green Evo. Well, that's it.

f583v8.jpg

It's a hybrid?

Oh wait, you were expecting me to drive it?

Fine, I'll get in.

Well, I'm only 6 foot flat and grunt I can barely fit. Oh wait, yeah I can, just gotta watch out for potholes.

Starting her up and it's a pleasant surprise. The gentle purr of the engine sounds a lot more mature and sophisticated that the boy racer CR-X of the past.

Let's see what she can do

20p0g3.jpg

Zoom-zoom! Oh wait...wrong brand

Off the line, the CR-Z does not feel sluggish at all, quite surprising for a hybrid. I am yet to drive a Model S or a Karma Eco Sport so I can fully say that this is the fastest electric/partially electric car that I have ever driven.

One of the few things that I actually like about Hondas are their fun, agile, pointy handling characteristics. But I was afraid now that Honda's "all grown up," then all of their cars would be as boring as the Insight.

52nyf4.jpg

No offense, dad

But boy, was I wrong. I have got to admit, this is actually fun! It's actually better than driving a go-kart. It's simply, well, it's cheap fun. If you can't afford an M3, this is the next best thing.

1zwdgf5.jpg

Really? An M3 substitute?

Actually, no, save up for a proper M3. Why? I did say It was pretty fast, nimble, and fun, I can actually fit in it, and it's eco-friendly. Now here are just some things that I don't like about it.

Firstly, it's fast off the line in a relatively flat track like the High Speed Ring, but anywhere else, it is absolute rubbish. Planning of driving to the Matterhorn to sample its fun, pointy handling? Not a chance. It can barely climb the first steep incline on the track. Being partially electric, I was expecting it to take on climbs without breaking a sweat, probably caused by its gear ratios, I don't know, but all I know is that it's a let down on hill climbs.

k9b19h.jpg

Yeah, take your time...it's alright, you can do it

Secondly, if your in the market for a hybrid and you see the CR-Z, might think that it is the most handsome, and most unique hybrid you can get. None of the typical ugly eco friendly design cues to see. While I did think it was handsome when I first saw it, then...

2my6b5u.jpg

The most unique hybrid ever? Um...

...I drove beside an old Prius and noticed how 'not so unique' this hatchback is. The face is different but if you would just pay attention to the car's contours, it would seem like these two came off the same press. Sure, it suits it, but, it just doesn't feel all that good knowing my car has the same shape as a Prius.

Thirdly, while you can actually drive it fast around a flat track, there are some problems once you're done. I live just 20km from the Sim Gear studio and my buttocks already hurt from the stiff ride and constant potholes littering the streets. Nope, I don't think I can really live with it everyday.

Lastly, the rear seats are about as useful as a...

dvdrewinder.png

Yes, they're that useless

But still, despite those issues, I was pretty sad to let her go after the test week ended and Honda took her back. So with that, let's go to the more formal stuff, the review.

Performance

9zmstw.jpg

It performs quite well especially on technical tracks. Handling is quick and responsive, climbing stuff is, hard, but over-all, it makes for an excellent track car. The BR-Z may be better, but...how 'bout we just move on?

Design

sfz969.jpg

Its looks can be a love it or hate it affair. Some may love its sporty look and athletic stance, yet some may not really like the huge mouth on the front, but over-all, I think it's a pretty nice package with a nice blend of flair, sportiness, and a dash of sophistication absent from the CR-X. Though I do prefer another unique looker, the Toyota Aqua.

Value for Credits

Costing 24,980 Cr., it's not so cheap, especially with the 86/BR-Z just a few credits away. But if you have to have a fast, nimble hybrid hatchback, then this would be the best one for the buck, especially since another fast nimble electric hatchback, the Model S, is a hefty 92,000 Cr. away. Plus, you'd save a lot of gas money since it's a hybrid :D

Ratings

Design: 7/10
Performance: 8/10
Value for Credits: 8/10
Over-all average: 7.67/10 👍

So with all that, the CR-Z is a great Hybrid that can really perform on the track. It was so good, in fact, that I decided to head back to the Honda dealership, sign a check for 24,980 Cr., and drive home in this

1zfl6x1.jpg

Last edited:
I'll give it a shot.

So, what car am I reviewing today?

Producer: "It's in the parking area. Follow me."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Producer: "Well, here we are. This here is the new 2015 BMW M4."

Wow! This is the car I'll be driving?

Producer: "Oh, no. I just wanted to show it to you. Nice, though, right? Anyway, You'll be driving that thing at the back."

Seriously?

Alright.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Welcome to another segment of Sim Gear!

Today, I'll be behind the wheel of the 2010 Honda Fit RS. Yes, that Honda Fit; the car Polyphony Digital has forcefully "suggested" us to purchase. You may be wondering what that RS badge means. Well, RS stands for Road Sailing. While I may not know what that exactly means, I do know that the RS comes with more airbags, ABS, EBD, a different body kit, and new wheels.

The exterior isn't much to look at. However, it does seem to have quite a personality in terms of design. Surprisingly, I like the overall styling. It's a compact family car, yet shows a bit of sportiness. Just a bit.

The moment you step inside the Fit RS, you can't expect to be blown away by the interior. It's a pretty decent looking interior, and nothing is bound to distract you. The red dials on the gauges look pretty good, though.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Time for a road test.

It doesn't pack too much of a punch, obviously. However, the ride is really smooth and quite nice if you enjoy cruising at low speeds. Also, the handling is quite nice and responsive under normal driving conditions.

Okay, let's face it.

Following the rules of the road in the virtual world isn't too enjoyable. Let's head to the track and see what the Fit is really capable of.

We're here at Tsukuba Circuit to further test the capabilities of our Honda Fit. We know that the Fit is economical, friendly, and relaxing to drive.

However, is it great on the track? Probably not. But we're here to test it anyway.

Start the clock!

We're now in the first turn!

Not bad! Although, there's a hint of understeer and a bit of trouble with getting the power back.

Alright, next corner!

The inner front tire is taking a bit too much!

Final hairpin! Whoa, it's close to lifting the inner tires!!

MORE POWERRR!!! COME ON!!

Almost there!

Stop the clock!

Producer: "So, how was it?"

Better than I expected, actually.

It doesn't understeer too badly. Anyway, the time?

Producer: "You did it in 1:15.275"

Huh, that's not bad!

So, what do I really think of the 2010 Honda Fit RS?

Performance: 6/10

With 117 horsepower carrying 1050 kilograms, the Fit RS has enough for daily driving needs. However, the car tends to suffer from sluggishness on track. There's also an issue with the revs dropping too much during tight cornering. All this can be solved through some power upgrades.

Handling-wise, the car performs wonderfully under normal driving conditions. On track, the car shows some understeer in tight corners, especially on mid-corner to exit.

Looks:

6.5/10 It's not the best looking car out there. However, it certainly has a certain appeal to it. The exterior has a lot of personality, and the interior provides a clean and simple look, while showing a side of sportiness. Thanks to the body kit options provided in GT Auto, the car can be given a sportier and aggressive look.

Costs: 9/10
I'd eat my shoe if anybody in Gran Turismo 6 wouldn't be able to afford the Fit. Some may say that the car isn't worth the purchase, while some may contradict to that.

Overall, it's a great car, if it were given the right treatment!

Which is why I've bought this! My very own Fit RS!

It's been modified to suit my tastes, while tackling the issues I've been facing with the standard Fit RS. My Fit has been boosted to 160 horsepower, stripped to 976 kilograms, and given a proper suspension setup, to tackle corners with ease.

Thank you for viewing!

Hope you enjoyed this review!​

*Dialling tone*

"You've reached the ears of Clark Kayne. Please leave a message after the beep."

*BEEP*

SG Producer: "Mr. Kayne. This is the producer. You've been off the radar the days you're due a review for the company. Don't forget the wads of cash we've already handed you so you can give an opinion of the cars that come in. Please reply ASAP, or so help me i will murder you.. figuratively."

*hangs*

SG Producer: "The nerve that egotistic street racer can get you.."

SG Assistant: "Something the matter, boss?"

SG Producer: "Oh, you know: Clark's gone for a 'holiday' without consulting our good faith."

SG Assistant: "Maybe after that Samba Bus skit, you'd think he'd actually keep working."

SG Producer: "Hmm.. you have a point. That might've been a mistake."

SG Assistant: "Exactly. Just who wants to read anything about an old 60s bus being taken around race tracks anyways?"

SG Producer: "The readers demand variety after we finished a few classic Lambos and domestic Hondas, along with some others. But I want that so called king of the streets to oblige this special client's request. Not to mention this client wanted us to do something pretty demanding, and for that.. we need.."

???: "Someone special?"

Song.

???: "How's the morning going so far, Mr. Producer? Apologies for barging in such an inconvenient time."

SG Assistant: "Hey! I know this guy! It's.. it's Nash Kirkham!"

SG Producer: "Anyone with eyes can tell! Erhh.. Mr. Kirkham! Sorry to have you hear all the hullabaloo in this office. We're in a bit of an issue with one of our drivers gone AWOL. To make matters worse, a paying client has requested us to make a special review. Our staff is pretty occupied, and our only other available driver resides all the way in Japan, and we've no way to interfere his zen, if you know what i mean."

Nash: "I do. Now.. about Mr. Kayne's tardiness."

SG Assistant: "Mr. Kayne? You know him?"

Nash: "We're brothers."

SG Producer: "Ahh. But that doesn't sound natural."

Nash: "Now, back to business.. Clark's gone off the radar, even from me. So.. i suggest you would like having someone of a more.. legendary background take place for your special request. I mean.. you guys are doing great. So far, all of the reviews were spot on. Just that.. Sim Gear is clearly lacking that je ne sais quoi."

SG Producer: "Just what are you thinking in that head o' yours, Nash?"

SOMEPLAYADUDE'S SIM GEAR ENTRY #3

Before we begin: a history lesson.

In the beginning of the 60s, aspiring car company director Henry Ford the second: the successor of the man that placed birth of the commercial engined powered car, really wanted to put his family company on to the great racing league of Le Mans.

Yes, we're talking about THAT Le Mans.

In 1963, he threw his company into the fray when he saw Enzo Ferrari put the famed Ferrari name to sell towards Ford. Ferrari being Ferrari, Ford put in money to put the deal through, only to be walked out by Enzo at the last second due to an issue regarding Indy cars. Enzo did sell to Fiat, however, even though Ford is paying more.

That's a shame, it is. And it's no doubt Mr. Ford was cross. Very cross. He had a new goal to achieve that dream of his, and finds out that in Le Mans also, is where Ferrari will feel that sting of vengeance. The man went to look around for another race company that'll help him slam Ferrari into the ground. And after a while, Ford had some negotiations with Cambridge based race engineering company: Lola Cars.

After 2 years of trial and error, this deadly alliance of a British chassis and an American engine would bring us the birth of this.

15069443530_8a1c8b7082_b.jpg

The 1966 Ford GT40P MK.1
Your host:
Nash Kirkham

Song for the review.

15256128655_4301a4ed49_b.jpg

And in such a race built road homologation, the engine's so loud, that it'll have to come to this.

Nash: "Race spec communicators."

Though, I'll be doing most of the talking outside the cockpit. No worries.

15256128415_e2839bb8ed_b.jpg

The Ford GT40 is considered by many a winner. On Le Mans it did that four times. A flash 1-2-3 on 1966, to victories until 1970. For that, we have to thank so many people at that time, from engineering geniuses, to racing pioneers, and even the father of American high performance that is Carroll Shelby.

It's the existence of such a car that put Ford on the performance market. And it's no way an ugly bug like the Veyron. I mean.. just look at it.

15069570928_fc92ac48ef_b.jpg

Nash: "A little tidbit: the GT40's name came from the rather low height of the car's stature. 40 inches isn't exactly super tiny. It's like an Austin Mini, but also like a Lotus. To add: the P for this variant means 'production'."

15069371139_79a64098f0_b.jpg

And from the back: take a listen.

15255737152_1d1804f819_b.jpg

The production of such a stunning soundtrack comes from a Shelby tuned Ford 4.7 liter V8. This gave this little sleek machine a good 335 hp, and a top speed of 164 mph. Also just weighing in at about 1.1 tons, the car's easily aerodynamic by eye. The long first gear, however, stunted the car's 0-60 time at a sluggish, but respectable 5.3 seconds.

Nash: "During the 60s, 164 mph was pretty quick, putting most cars' top speeds to shame. But.. around that time, a faster car would be.. the Shelby tuned Cobra (185 mph) and the Miura (170 mph), as far as memory recalls. And that's not too shabby for a car with four long gears."

But now would be a nicer time to tackle another problem in classic sports cars: the handling.

15253036191_2fa06c50fb_b.jpg

Nash: "The rules of handling don't really change over the years of when cars still have that sort of arrangement, engine or who's driving it. Radical designs, along with the rigidity of the chassis contribute to how a car handles. The Ford GT40, as you'd expect from a champion's view, would be one that'd be.. fun and easy to drive. Uh oh.."

15069376919_97a6684ff6_b.jpg

Nash: "*sigh* On the contrary, however.."

Even in cruise or race, a LOT of focus is needed to actually drive this thing. You push when the car's more than just 40 degrees, and you're bound to hear tire squeal. This is a car that isn't afraid to fish tail, mainly due to it's 40:60 weight distribution and shoddy 60s chassis arrangements. Still, not as bad as a few other cars from this age.

Let's tackle that second chicane with this in mind.

15069449020_94650b9048_b.jpg

Nash: "All you have to do to counter this, aside from tuning, is to make sure that you feather that throttle; don't encourage spinning the tires on the pavement. Losing grip in this is a nightmare."

15255742562_786f4c99e4_b.jpg

Oh, and traction control? ABS? What's that in the 60s? The car was made in the age that large spoilers or high downforce aren't the norm until about a decade later.

Nash: "Lucky I'm of such a caliber! If i had my brother handle this, what sort of wreck will i be measuring?"

15253035481_28e4cc3f39_b.jpg

Unlike the occasional, affordable supercars of today, the sports cars of the past aren't driver friendly. You have to be some sort of race car driver or something of the sort to manage driving this and not touch anything on the way.

Nash: "You want something easy to drive? May i present you what you should be staying away from here on out."

15253035311_c7e7e6fbd5_b.jpg

Practicality is also an issue, mostly because of one thing.

Nash: "This is a road legal variant of a RACE CAR. Just what else can you come up when you walk by it's magnificence?"

15069375729_6f7cc5fa6d_b.jpg

Sure, there are a lot of dials inside, but this is a lesson that we like the simplified heads up displays that we have today. And the load of flip switches that consist of what today's levers on the steering wheel's side does.

15255741472_f8114a4e68_b.jpg

Nash: "But, for a race car, it's got working rear mirrors. Even the rear view's not too bad, either."

15233119946_06c23d9a85_b.jpg

Also, you might've noticed for an American car, you have your seats on the right, like in the UK. Lola's part in making the chassis has probably got something to do with it. With an American branding, this is one car that you can say, making the Anglo-American alliance work real good.

15253034341_71959536f8_b.jpg

Nash: "And there's way more i can say on how iconic this thing really is! The presence alone will make you bask in it's glory. I won't be the only judge. Ferruccio Lamborghini saw this car, and it inspired him, giving us the beautiful Miura. Also, the GT40 has won more major racing events than anything i know with a road car variant that works."

Song.

It's then sad to say that the car's legacy didn't move on well.

15069376229_7f71db398d_b.jpg

Even though an American won the Le Mans for 4 years straight, it didn't really garner the hearts of many that had little interest in Ford.

15069448350_b8957fe3e0_b.jpg

The Lamborghini Miura went on to be the car that overshadow the sports car world straight after, and Porsche making it's way to dominate the years of Le Mans after.

15233120476_d9ea54973d_b.jpg

Song.

That is, until 2005: the Ford Motor Company's 100th anniversary.

Nash: "And may i introduce you to this.."

15069447320_68de8d0798_b.jpg

You'll ask: Nash. What are you trying to tell us by showing us a small blurb of the Ford Chicanes? How about you wait.

15256131565_fe054887b9_b.jpg

A little longer, and here we are.

15256131295_d042f3b5b2_b.jpg

Song Progress.

The 2005 Ford GT.

Nash: "And for this, i have my good friend come in to hopefully fill in Clark's dark demeanor. *to communicator* Why don't you introduce the people what's in store, Ross?"

???: "With pleasure."

Your co-host:
Jacob Ross

After a century of highs and lows, Ford decided to celebrate it's hundred year dominance of the American market of cars, with what appears to be a much larger, fatter, slightly taller version of the Ford GT40 introduced in the 60s.

15256131165_d91ccef9b8_b.jpg

Jake: "But, before this was made, Ford made another car that's similar to the GT40 in a way. Back in 1995, Ford introduced the GT90, which turned out to be the former successor to the GT40. That car was more of a tech show than anything, since it took little from the GT40 itself. A more real comparison would be a monstrous V6 hypercar of the time: the Jaguar XJ220, in which is mostly what that white concept was based on."

fordgt90conceptcar-lead.jpg

But unlike the GT90, the Ford GT is pretty much Ford revisiting it's prime time on the racing world: when they made a car that put big brand Ferrari in it's place.

15255740192_eb1ff46bc4_b.jpg

*Sports tires not provided by Dunlop.

Jake: "Now, we're going to see what do i literally mean by: Ford revisiting it's prime time. First things first: it's easily identified as a nostalgia driven design, including the GT40 style canopies on the front and back."

And behind us is the all aluminum V8 that made many stories. What stories? Not the ones that your pappy tells you every night, i hope?

15233118636_816e86bfae_b.jpg

Well, it's the stories that make the average gas guzzler smile. A 1.5 ton machine carrying a 5.4 liter V8 that produces 550 hp with the help of a supercharger. Such a beating heart has this horse do 0-60 in 3.5 seconds, with a limited top speed of 205 mph. Push it hard after beating the limiter, and you might just reach 240 mph (in game test). Don't tell the folks at Ford i told you what i did.

15253033021_9ce41cc2c6_b.jpg

Jake: "Still not impressed? How about.. no major exterior use of carbon fibre. If you look around its rivals, using that overrated material like their pajamas, it'd tell you how much i fear driving a Ford GT outta' that stuff."

Not to mention: what's a racing Ford GT like?

14738076271_cd4c35380d_b.jpg

Jake: "Yes. Just like it's predecessor, the Ford GT received successful racing homologation. From world wide Le Mans, to FIA GT1 and GT3 racing. It's a natural racer, it is, and the geniuses behind it are sure to get their share of praises."

Jake: "And the best part: it's in every way a magnificent car. You'd think: why'd the hero bring the perfect partner to ride with?"

15253032981_93d2eeb95f_b.jpg

Magnificent, in what way?

15069572698_92c98efd95_b.jpg

The car is just sublime. Words escape me on how much i loved looking at it. Hearing it. Driving it. Over and over. This casual manner from myself shows this GT mixes as the great test for veterans, and a great car to get your gears going in supercar racing.

Jake: "Unlike the GT40, the 2005 GT proves to be a fun car for anyone who can drive. It won't hurt much when you push, and if you do want to go and spin the 43:57 weight ratio body: the wider tires behind just resist that urge. It's not impossible to lose control or drift, however, if you make that effort to burn rubber."

15069572568_271f7037b6_b.jpg

Much has Ford journeyed. A fruitful and long adventure, and with this distance, they hit the jackpot. Very little are you going to find such smiles in a car from America.

Jake: "In fact: it's just unlikely you see just about anyone praising American cars like what they do to this."

Have a thought....

Has Ford made the correct move on how their flagship car is going to be viewed?

Jake: "The name of American cars have been shunned by critics on the whole. Is it really just about giving it more power? That's the thought process of what gives you a more performing variant of their cars."

15069373399_063ed63258_b.jpg

It's a lot deeper than just assuming we're just people that chew hay and make anything better with a turbocharger. The Ford GT never received that treatment of a rejuvenation or a rebadging as a GT X or something like that. It's that special.

15069572358_6838343231_b.jpg

Jake: "And let me give you in to that degree of special. See.. there's this universe of video games that popularized the genre of realistic driving simulation named Gran Turismo. And to many people's agreement: the fourth release of that game is the one that's most popular."

How about a box view?

17289_front.jpg

See it? That's a Ford GT, for sure. But how about more? When i put this lowly DVD into this black box..

You notice the car you see first? And then see it just take over the first half of the video.

To sum it up: this cowboy's speechless. You can see the depth of what Ford has done to the view towards how great American cars can actually be.

15069445450_b91097e26f_b.jpg

Jake: "And let's keep all that amazement to a stop. There are negatives of the car, but there is no way you can turn this thing down. Still unfazed by my bias? That all is based on what the experts and the enthusiasts see. What i see. And i want you to see it."

THE VERDICT.

Song.

Nash will share his experience for giving opinions to the GT40.

Jacob will give his hearty opinion for a stock variant of his beloved GT.

Design

15069563977_9cef078f79_b.jpg

1966 GT40 MK. 1

Shaped by race car designers, built for speed, sexier than the Miura itself, even! That's the most you'll find in the eyes of anyone who's carried a mind for racing. The car's definitely not for shopping at your nearby Tesco, no.

You're free to put a wing or some body work. The wing might help with the great stability issues the car might possess, but don't look at me when everyone you meet start frowning.

2005 GT

I've never seen a car i'd drive else other than my own GT. The car has turned faces. The sound is pure and beefy for a car of it's class. Being part of the GT40 hampers the originality, but you're facing a what if: the what if the GT40's lovely stature came to the modern days of cars going above 220. You'll see most of what's out and in are similar to the GT40.

But this isn't a brand new Mark for the GT40. It's simply just a supercar attempt based on the GT40. It's in no way a bad one, too.

Aero kits wise, there's not much.

Performance

15256129445_9aac37452e_b.jpg

1966 GT40 MK. 1

It's great! But.. as it is, it just won't do against cars of today. No, no, no.

Modding is for the first interest in finding it's best performance. The tall 4 gears have got to go. A new suspension setting to fix that nasty fish tailing. Still afraid? Chassis reinforcement can help.

If you find that sweet spot, you have yourself one top tier car for any level it reaches (which isn't broken). 550? Go for the gold. 600? Wave goodbye to those pesky Mclaren and Ferrari. The car will, i kid you not, do an easy 6:50 around the ring if you get it right (600pp, SS)

In fact: Jake's done some thorough testing that the car will place a time of 1:29.569 around Red Bull Ring with the same settings. Care to try?

2005 GT

Many have tried to tame the car, but failed. It's difficult to tune so you can get it to move with the big boys.

The only lacking ability is the acceleration, being a little lower than it's rivals. That must be it's balance on how much easier is it to drive. Being a car with no natural traction control, they know you'd have to survive to make progress.

The GT's lack of high speed acceleration will hand you one thing: a balance of the track you can bring the car out. It can go on straights, and exit corners fast with the proper gearbox. It's got less than usual power, but the potential is high, and the difficulty spike is rather pleasant for a high powered, mid-engined supercar.

And has Nash beat me to the gun with the Red Bull Ring? The GT's best lap is at 1:30:741.

Value For Credits (Author Opinion)

15069563637_f6e1f5c88b_b.jpg

1966 GT40 MK. 1

2.8 million credits.

Save up for something that'll kill you? Yeah. That's a stretch, is it?

But think: do you really want to hurt Ferrari where it counts? It's got some customization options, and you will enjoy to learn the dark side of the moon when it comes to being a professional racer in the 60s. A trophy doesn't walk up to you unless you're up for the challenge.

Are you?

2005 GT

One of the first cars bought by SomePlayaDude in his career of GT6 is the 2006 Ford GT. The main reason is it's reasonable 149,880 cr. price tag. That's cheap! And for something that exists to be the bane of Ferrari too! Don't like a GT-R because everyone gnaws on it? How about this low tech supercar instead, huh?

It's easily more than 150k worth of a car that signifies the 'jack of all trades'.

SomeDude Approves?

15256129005_5c16a1a7b3_b.jpg

APPROVED!

(just take care when driving the GT40)

"So.. how's the lovely lady, Ross?"

"You tell me."

Back