Sim-Plicity Compact Series Direct Drive Wheels Thread

• Thread starter super_gt
  • 287 comments
I added temp sensor and display to my SW7C, so now I can count 1/100 of the degree Celsius!!! And because I always want to push tothe max and now I have the display to see the exact temp in number - I just did the supreme test...The game that makes the motor hot faster and hotter in general is Raceroom...so I maxed out everything....the result maybe after 10 laps on the Nordschleife was...80C,,,guys that is insane temperature...
It seems that SimuCube 2 PRO also gets pretty hot.

SC2 pro possibly overheating and losing FFB

Looks like fanatec is the winner, they got a integrated cooling system. No problems here so far(driving dd1 at 12nm peak), even in hot summer rooftop flat, hours over hours norschleife:)

Looks like fanatec is the winner, they got a integrated cooling system. No problems here so far(driving dd1 at 12nm peak), even in hot summer rooftop flat, hours over hours norschleife:)
Its too early to point winners - those problems can be solved with firmware... As the SC1 never suffered from heat at my knowledge - here can be solved, too.
It is great that on hot summer you never had hot wheel!

Btw, the cool thing with SW7C is no matter how hot it is - FFB never fade!!!

Last edited:
Guys, a member in our FB group dedicated to the Sim-plicity wheels shared 2 pics of the Sim-plicity rim:
70176905_10221651809431031_6253898448026730496_o.jpg

70583938_10221651810031046_8251941105554161664_o.jpg

This is good news! May I ask where you got this information?

I saw that the hole Input licenses are "Out of Stock" too. Are the additional inputs using the rj45 Ports free of charge now? Has anyone a documentation how to use them?

This is good news! May I ask where you got this information?

I saw that the hole Input licenses are "Out of Stock" too. Are the additional inputs using the rj45 Ports free of charge now? Has anyone a documentation how to use them?
The information is directly from Ollie - he told me that updates continue for all 9 wheels and adding now these 2 new models, so total of 11 updates will be released now...
For the inputs - out of stock meand those products are out of stock...but you still need those adapters to use the rj connections...any DIY test can damage your wheel base PCB;) Unless Ollie decide to reveal something simple like wiring Stop emergency button or something like this!;)

Thank you krassi. It sounded more like an option to enable the use inside the software. Would be nice to get some insides of the internal electric. This could be an interesting option to connect for example a custom button box directly to the base.

Thank you krassi. It sounded more like an option to enable the use inside the software. Would be nice to get some insides of the internal electric. This could be an interesting option to connect for example a custom button box directly to the base.
Inside the software you have drop menu with those products/adapter boards from sim-plicity....so it will be difficult to enable there your own board. but sim-plicity had the bare pcbs for sale around 12 euro, so I cant see anything easier that that

Searching for info on a Simplicity kit and I will appreciate having some feedback of how the wheel is behaving in Dirt Rally 2.

I heard about some past(?) issues and I am a bit concerned cause Dirt Rally games are the 70% of my racing.

This seems to have gone a bit under the radar:
https://sim-pli.city/products/sw20-v3-20nm-direct-drive-wheel

One user tested it: https://simracingcockpit.com/test-drive-simplicity-sw20-v3-dd/
"I’m a Fanatec DD2 owner and genuinely, my initial sense after spending 2 hours with this wheel is that setup well, the SW20 can beat it."

That's a 20Nm wheel for 730 euro!

Why isn't there more talk about this? Barry should review it!

EDIT: You get £100 off when you order this wheel in addition to a compatible wheel base. So in euros that's about €910 for the 20Nm v3 base and a 320mm round wheel with magnetic paddles.

Last edited:
Back