Sim Rig Playseat Sensation Pro Vs TRAK RACER TR8 Feedback

What would be your pick

• Total voters
Canada
montreal,quebec,canada
Look for Feed Back on these 2 Sim Rigs, I have deiced to bring my hobby to the next level, Right now I am using my Homemade Rig made rig from wood that has sever me for many years, Last year I Upgrade from My Logitech G25 to a Thrustmaster T-GT and T-LCM Pedals. I am love how the new wheel and Pedals feel but I think it time to got to the next step. As we Speak I mostly play GT Sport and soon to be GT7, But Time to Time i do play other sims like F1 and ACC (have both version PC and Console). I have Narrowed down these 2 Rigs. As i will be mounting my 49" TV on it and it will be in my Motorsports Theme room. i also love the feel of GT Bucket seat from my Lapping days.

Playseat Sensation Pro

https://www.playseatstore.com/playseat-sensation-pro.html

1642621451255.png

TRAK RACER TR8​

https://trakracer.com/products/tr8-racing-simulator

1642621556028.png

thanks for the Feed back so far but I Really narrowed it down to these two as I said before I am more of a fan of tube frame chassis.

Neither get the TR80.
Neither get the TR80.
Steel is bad for flex. Aluminum good.
You two be like...
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE_6431.jpg

;)

While I do agree with you both there's many people that just don't like 80/20 and that okay too.

PS. I guess we can include me in the 'pee on everything' crowd too now as I don't have anything useful to contribute either :dopey:

Last edited:
Go for the tube one, I just wanted to bring up the 8020 profile option and it's benefits, I am currently using a NLR wheel stand with a DIY seat mount and DIY inverted pedal mount while I save up for a TR80-Lite and extras 😁

I would recommend you go for the one with the sturdiest wheel and pedal mount, and the most adjustability.

@anthonyfa18 @FPV MIC
I have an RSeat S1. It looks like the rigs pictured in the first post. It’s tubular steel upright for the wheelbase is strong … but flimsy. I went as far to weld in an additional tube to the upright but it’s steel … and still flimsy. If you plan on a direct drive wheelbase and you don’t want the steel frame to absorb/dampen the detail, then buy an aluminum rig. If you’re okay with buying 2 rigs in your future, buy a steel one next!
Edit: another thought. Your monitor/TV should be structurally independent from your rig, unless you want it shaking too. Don’t mean to pee on your parade, just passing along lessons learned.

Last edited:
@anthonyfa18 @FPV MIC
I have an RSeat S1. It looks like the rigs pictured in the first post. It’s tubular steel upright for the wheelbase is strong … but flimsy. I went as far to weld in an additional tube to the upright but it’s steel … and still flimsy. If you plan on a direct drive wheelbase and you don’t want the steel frame to absorb/dampen the detail, then buy an aluminum rig. If you’re okay with buying 2 rigs in your future, buy a steel one next!
Edit: another thought. Your monitor/TV should be structurally independent from your rig, unless you want it shaking too. Don’t mean to pee on your parade, just passing along lessons learned.
I'm not sure why you quoted me. Did you miss the bit where I agreed with you and even included myself as part of the joke accordingly? It's just @anthonyfa18 had already clarified that he'd narrowed his choices down to those two and then also mentioned he didn't like the 80/20 type rigs. I've seen many different reasons, with looks being the main one for this over the years so I respect peoples choices :)

On a side note, while what you did to your rig looks great you probably could have just gone down the route of the two above mentioned rigs and just put gussets in. They both look far superior to the original design of your R Seat S1.

Also, that's a really good point you added in your edit 👍. Especially so for someone with a T-GT like in the OP's case.

I'd tend to agree with @super_gt on the choice of the Playseat Sensation Pro out of those two rigs as it does look far stronger... but that price :crazy:.

It also has an removable TV stand and supports mounting of hardware on both sides with the additional support bars (as seen in the review below)... but again, that price :crazy::ill:

AussieStig likes it... but I bet he didn't pay for it.

Last edited:
I'm not sure why you quoted me. Did you miss the bit where I agreed with you and even included myself as part of the joke accordingly? It's just @anthonyfa18 had already clarified that he'd narrowed his choices down to those two and then also mentioned he didn't like the 80/20 type rigs. I've seen many different reasons, with looks being the main one for this over the years so I respect peoples choices :)

On a side note, while what you did to your rig looks great you probably could have just gone down the route of the two above mentioned rigs and just put gussets in. They both look far superior to the original design of your R Seat S1.

Also, that's a really good point you added in your edit 👍. Especially so for someone with a T-GT like in the OP's case.

I'd tend to agree with @super_gt on the choice of the Playseat Sensation Pro out of those two rigs as it does look far stronger... but that price :crazy:.

It also has an removable TV stand and supports mounting of hardware on both sides with the additional support bars (as seen in the review below)... but again, that price :crazy::ill:

AussieStig likes it... but I bet he didn't pay for it.

Thank for that review I had Seen it I am Hoping SRG will review it just like when he test out the tr8

Hey guys I am still looking for some feedback on both thes rigs,
I just recently received the Trak Racer TR8 Pro and I've had it a few days but only raced on it for about 15 minutes, but based on my experience receiving and assembling it I will give you some pros and cons.

Pros:
extremely sturdy frame made out of heavy duty iron. once it's setup and tightened, it does not budge or make a sound.

some of the bolts/washers/nuts etc. come pre-installed in their intended positions on the frame. this means you must remove them first before actually putting those pieces together, but it does make things a bit easier.

only a few major pieces make up the frame, and it's easy to figure out how they fit together just by looking at them

Cons:
Trak Racer communication about shipping was terrible. I did receive an email saying it was shipped, but the links to the tracking info took me to some commercial company they used to get the boxes local, and that company's website had zero information on it about when my package should arrive. As it turns out, that company later used UPS to ship from their facility to my house, which I had no idea about until I received an email from UPS directly saying my package would arrive the next day. Everything worked fine, I was just in the dark about when my packages would arrive and if I needed to be present for signature.

there were a couple slightly misplaced pre-drilled holes on the frame that made it difficult to align the bolts. not too bad, but I had to loosen/tighten/loosen/re-tighten several times in different orders to make it fit just right without stripping threads.

It's very heavy. I knew it would be, but didn't anticipate how heavy. You will not be moving this thing by yourself once it's in place. Well, you can, but you have to step it back and forth slowly and gently and will likely damage whatever surface you are on unless you are very careful. I have mine on top of a cheap rug to prevent it from damaging the nicer carpet underneath.

The hardware they provide (bolts, screws, nuts, flange nuts etc.) seems cheaper than what you can buy at your local hardware store. The bolts they provide for attaching the adjustable wheel mount to the frame got stripped out mainly because of their poor design and lack of detailed instructions. After it was tightened, the wheel still tilted front and back with a little force when it shouldn't have. Tried tightening the bolts more, but this caused the flange nut cap on the opposite side to bottom out, thus stripping the bolts in the process. Turns out, that flange nut cap doesn't even need to be there because the wheel mount has threads machined into it, so the nut is unnecessary and was only there to provide a physical cover on the end of the bolt. I purchased sturdier bolts and washers and am now using them without a nut on the adjustable portion of the wheel mount.

Terrible manual. There is no paper manual with the package, only accessible online. The online manual has very few words, and mostly pictures, and it focuses on assembling the frame but is lacking regarding the various seats and monitor stand setups. Not only this but since there are not many words there are crucial details missing, like how to adjust the height of the seat, which there's no way to know you need to do until your seat is fully mounted and if you want to adjust the height now you have to remove the seat all over again in order to access the brackets that determine the height.

4 of the bolts they sent for the monitor mount were too short to reach through the mounting strut and catch the threads on the flange nut. Manual says they are supposed to be 16mm length and they were, but I needed just one more thread in order to reach the nut. Had to go to a specialty bolt store and get myself a 1-inch length flat screw. Since it was a flat screw with a large head (head sits flush with the surface) none of the normal hardware stores had just the right size.

I sent them an email about those bolts not being long enough, that was a week ago and no response.

The list of cons seems long but in a nutsell, all of the issues can be summed up by them having poor customer service so far, providing less than great quality bolts, screws, nuts etc., and having really bad manuals. However, I really like the quality of the rig now that it's setup and I'm over all the roadblocks. If I had to do it again it would go much quicker and I recommend that you stock up on various lengths of M6 and M8 bolts along with washers and nuts to match. If you have those as spares it'll probably save some trouble.

Update

I have made my decision after a long discussion, I have gone with the playseat, So far the customer experience is just amazing multiple emails back-and-forth to get exactly what I wanted and they made me something really special I can’t discuss it right now but when I will be able to you guys will be impressed.

I recommending so far playseat Everyone

I have made my decision after a long discussion, I have gone with the playseat, So far the customer experience is just amazing multiple emails back-and-forth to get exactly what I wanted and they made me something really special I can’t discuss it right now but when I will be able to you guys will be impressed.

I recommending so far playseat Everyone
I'll go tubular but with Oplite a french brand, a bit cheaper than both TR and Playseat and what looks like a better seat as well. Well I say that but I'm still unsure if I want to spend big on a simlab rig or spend basically half on a tubular rig with the same option (shifter, screen holder and keyboard/mouse).

Well guys and girls here it is this is the secret I was waiting to tell you I was lucky enough to be the first person to receive the all new sensation pro Red Bull Esport edition, and all I will say it is simply amazing, There is not one bit of movement it is solid like a rock. Has pre-drill holes for all wheel to. It also Has a built-in TV stand but I did not install it
9017C1B1-67CC-4BCB-A304-9E1759B52C35.jpeg

Attachments

• 681E8F25-D754-48C8-BD33-22C4CBC50F86.jpeg
    681E8F25-D754-48C8-BD33-22C4CBC50F86.jpeg
    118.3 KB · Views: 115
  • BFE5E45B-F581-44B1-8513-CF3BA0097068.jpeg
    BFE5E45B-F581-44B1-8513-CF3BA0097068.jpeg
    166.4 KB · Views: 119
  • B4A0D699-0882-4964-9B5F-86E837CEB462.jpeg
    B4A0D699-0882-4964-9B5F-86E837CEB462.jpeg
    156.8 KB · Views: 116
  • 3B03DF38-CDE6-4B99-89CC-758EEAB77632.jpeg
    3B03DF38-CDE6-4B99-89CC-758EEAB77632.jpeg
    109 KB · Views: 114
  • FADA4746-05E9-4027-9A17-F5C692C9F291.jpeg
    FADA4746-05E9-4027-9A17-F5C692C9F291.jpeg
    208.5 KB · Views: 103
  • 862F9BD0-8DBC-45B6-A0E0-5195C9284689.jpeg
    862F9BD0-8DBC-45B6-A0E0-5195C9284689.jpeg
    128.8 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
I just recently received the Trak Racer TR8 Pro and I've had it a few days but only raced on it for about 15 minutes, but based on my experience receiving and assembling it I will give you some pros and cons.

Pros:
extremely sturdy frame made out of heavy duty iron. once it's setup and tightened, it does not budge or make a sound.

some of the bolts/washers/nuts etc. come pre-installed in their intended positions on the frame. this means you must remove them first before actually putting those pieces together, but it does make things a bit easier.

only a few major pieces make up the frame, and it's easy to figure out how they fit together just by looking at them

Cons:
Trak Racer communication about shipping was terrible. I did receive an email saying it was shipped, but the links to the tracking info took me to some commercial company they used to get the boxes local, and that company's website had zero information on it about when my package should arrive. As it turns out, that company later used UPS to ship from their facility to my house, which I had no idea about until I received an email from UPS directly saying my package would arrive the next day. Everything worked fine, I was just in the dark about when my packages would arrive and if I needed to be present for signature.

there were a couple slightly misplaced pre-drilled holes on the frame that made it difficult to align the bolts. not too bad, but I had to loosen/tighten/loosen/re-tighten several times in different orders to make it fit just right without stripping threads.

It's very heavy. I knew it would be, but didn't anticipate how heavy. You will not be moving this thing by yourself once it's in place. Well, you can, but you have to step it back and forth slowly and gently and will likely damage whatever surface you are on unless you are very careful. I have mine on top of a cheap rug to prevent it from damaging the nicer carpet underneath.

The hardware they provide (bolts, screws, nuts, flange nuts etc.) seems cheaper than what you can buy at your local hardware store. The bolts they provide for attaching the adjustable wheel mount to the frame got stripped out mainly because of their poor design and lack of detailed instructions. After it was tightened, the wheel still tilted front and back with a little force when it shouldn't have. Tried tightening the bolts more, but this caused the flange nut cap on the opposite side to bottom out, thus stripping the bolts in the process. Turns out, that flange nut cap doesn't even need to be there because the wheel mount has threads machined into it, so the nut is unnecessary and was only there to provide a physical cover on the end of the bolt. I purchased sturdier bolts and washers and am now using them without a nut on the adjustable portion of the wheel mount.

Terrible manual. There is no paper manual with the package, only accessible online. The online manual has very few words, and mostly pictures, and it focuses on assembling the frame but is lacking regarding the various seats and monitor stand setups. Not only this but since there are not many words there are crucial details missing, like how to adjust the height of the seat, which there's no way to know you need to do until your seat is fully mounted and if you want to adjust the height now you have to remove the seat all over again in order to access the brackets that determine the height.

4 of the bolts they sent for the monitor mount were too short to reach through the mounting strut and catch the threads on the flange nut. Manual says they are supposed to be 16mm length and they were, but I needed just one more thread in order to reach the nut. Had to go to a specialty bolt store and get myself a 1-inch length flat screw. Since it was a flat screw with a large head (head sits flush with the surface) none of the normal hardware stores had just the right size.

I sent them an email about those bolts not being long enough, that was a week ago and no response.

The list of cons seems long but in a nutsell, all of the issues can be summed up by them having poor customer service so far, providing less than great quality bolts, screws, nuts etc., and having really bad manuals. However, I really like the quality of the rig now that it's setup and I'm over all the roadblocks. If I had to do it again it would go much quicker and I recommend that you stock up on various lengths of M6 and M8 bolts along with washers and nuts to match. If you have those as spares it'll probably save some trouble.

Hey new to forum, same here, deciding either playseat or tr8 sim, just not a fan of the blocky boring 80/20. end up I also went with the sensation pro+right side arm on sale from the playseatstore, shipping fee to Canada was minimal, after all the taxes duty and currency, on the road $2500cdn ish, well is pretty expansive, The TR8 pro in local stores are going for 1100+ tax exclude the monitor mount and seat, depends on what seat your getting, roughly couple hundreds cheaper than sensation pro.

I checked out the TR8 pro in a local display, playseat definitely hands down in terms of styling and build quality, pre drill holes, frame fitting, hardware, even the sticker decals. way above (my 200lb body weight) expectation.

one thing to consider both of these sims are not too motion friendly, not because of the frame sturdiness, but due to its tubing frame, unlike 80/20 modification is easy peasy, if you looking to add on motion system in the future, although there is the aussiestig d box motion platform video, however playseat does not custom make that platform plate anymore.

Well guys and girls here it is this is the secret I was waiting to tell you I was lucky enough to be the first person to receive the all new sensation pro Red Bull Esport edition, and all I will say it is simply amazing, There is not one bit of movement it is solid like a rock. Has pre-drill holes for all wheel to. It also Has a built-in TV stand but I did not install itView attachment 1144297
Do you still have and like the rig? I am thinking of getting the same (not Red Bull).

Back