Sim Rig Suggestions

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Muertohombre, Oct 20, 2018.

1. Muertohombre

Muertohombre

Hi everyone

Im looking to build a sim rig for my ps4 as i currently use a desk and chair which isnt ideal. I have a csl elite wheel and the clubsport v3 pedals and a 27" benq monitor.
    Im looking to spend about £1200 on the rig, but if i need a bigger monitor or tv this would have to be included in the available money i have spare.

Any suggestions?

2. super_gt

super_gt

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
  3. kalakanto

kalakanto

Here plan too to order S1. Wondering why they have pause on deliveries to 29. Oktober?

Simpit convinced me of quality of this rig and it costs me 799€+119€. Rig plus shifter and handbrake holder.

4. Pigems

Pigems

Have any of you guys built a rig yourself? I’m planning on building one, but I can’t seem to find any plans or dimensions anywhere on what size to build it, anyone have a link to a set of plans or specs for a good one? Thanks. :)

5. kikie

kikie Premium

Have a look here.

Muertohombre and Pigems like this.
  6. Pigems

Pigems

TYVM! :)

kikie likes this.
  7. kikie

kikie Premium

YAW.

Pigems likes this.
  8. SGETI

SGETI

super_gt and Pigems like this.
  9. Muertohombre

Muertohombre

Thanks for the suggestions, really appreciate the help. I use a 27" monitor at the minute as im sat 2-3 feet away from it. Would you suggest a larger monitor or a tv to use with a rig? I know both have pro's and con's and not sure what the optimal size would be

10. super_gt

super_gt

I went from 24" tv to this 32" monitor which is 2 feet from my eyes and if I have to buy today I would even buy a bigger size monitor.

11. Pigems

Pigems

I finally started building my rig yesterday, gonna pick up a seat today after work and hopefully having it up and running this weekend. The glue should be dry and ready for sanding when I get to work this morning, I’m stoked, :)

FPV MIC likes this.
  12. left888

left888 Premium

These are plans for a "Zalem" rig. A guy out of Spain who started Zalem posted these plans on the web about 7 or 8 years ago. My rig has evolved over the years and these pics are 8 years old. I used square tubing in 1 1/2" and 1 1/4". Powder coated a finish on it for durability.

Attached Files:

FPV MIC and Pigems like this.
  13. DomB_Fanatec

DomB_Fanatec

Nice bucket seat! ;)

gt_fan, FPV MIC and Pigems like this.
  14. PocketZeven

PocketZeven

I really like the Simetek K2. dont have the space for it yet, but it is sturdy, compact and has a very affordable price.
    https://simetik-cockpits.myshopify.com/products/cockpit-k2