Simhub and Buttkicker use on console

• Thread starter parkeroh22
  • 13 comments
United States
United States
I just bought a Buttkicker pro and want to use simhub with it. I am playing GT7. I am just lost as what is the best way to physically hook up the laptop, PS5, and Buttkicker. Thanks. The Simhub software is running fine but I just need to know the connections.

Did you work it out?

I was also considering purchasing a Buttkicker pro. I had a Buttkicker years ago, and used it with xBox 360, Playseat and Forza 4-5. Sold it when I moved and was disappointed learning about the PS5 audio limitations. Hesitating on buying again.

Read about Simhub, but itʻs not clear to me it will extract more than "sound" from GT7, and the setup looks messy, Buttkicker has alot of wires and youʻll also need a laptop to run Simhub and cable that to the Buttkicker.

From what I read on the forum, a HDMI splitter from the PS5 to the Buttkicker can be used, but is just "sound", which I understand to be the audio output from GT7. So that might mean engine sounds and road noise would be mixed with music and menu sounds.

Last edited:
Did you work it out?

I was also considering purchasing a Buttkicker pro. I had a Buttkicker years ago, and used it with xBox 360, Playseat and Forza 4-5. Sold it when I moved and was disappointed learning about the PS5 audio limitations. Hesitating on buying again.

Read about Simhub, but itʻs not clear to me it will extract more than "sound" from GT7, and the setup looks messy, Buttkicker has alot of wires and youʻll also need a laptop to run Simhub and cable that to the Buttkicker.

From what I read on the forum, a HDMI splitter from the PS5 to the Buttkicker can be used, but is just "sound", which I understand to be the audio output from GT7. So that might mean engine sounds and road noise would be mixed with music and menu sounds.

Yes! I worked it out. I ended up buying a Buttkicker and a Dayton tactile transducer BTS 1 with another amp for future expansion. I have rumble in front and back. I love it. Through some research I have read that having 4 transducers (one in each corner) has diminishing returns. I have a thin rig so right to left is difficult to feel.

I am using sim hub. Both amps connected to laptop. One to 3.5 audio jack(Dayton) and one to usb (Buttkicker). Other wires include speaker wire going from amps to transducers. The laptop is connected to PS5 wirelessly. It just needs to be on the same network. I followed some Youtube Simhub tutorials. Not to difficult. There is zero delay that I can tell.

Initially, I tried just hooking the buttkicker up to the sound via the 3.5 jack on the PS5. It was terrible. It was just random bass sounds. Buttkicker says this is the only option. Their software does not work with consoles at all. Simhub is where it's at.

If you have other questions I can help you out. It is not just sound now. There is actual individual haptic feedback that you can customize. Good luck.

Thanks for the reply! Good to know you got it working.

What is the amp you’re using with the Dayton? And would you skip the Buttkicker if doing it over?

Last edited:
I got this:

Nobsound Mini Bluetooth 5.0 Power Amplifier, Stereo Hi-Fi Digital Amp 2.0 Channel 50W×2 with AUX/USB/Bluetooth Input, Wireless Audio Receiver, PC Sound Card with Power Supply (Black)

Amazon

It's cheap but does the job. I have it mounted on the foot plate under my pedals where it does not need as much power as the Buttkicker to get the same effect. I have the Dayton maxed. The Buttkicker....it is way stronger than the Dayton so I have it under the seat. It is overboard to be honest. I run it at 30 volume out of 50 to get equal feedback for front and rear. You can adjust all of this stuff with sim hub. If I were to do it over again I would try one stronger amp, with at least 50 watts per channel, and two Dayton BTS 1.

I am running an Omega Apex BTW.

Thanks again - so much to consider but I think haptics is a must have!

I did pre-order the psvr2 so I’ll wait for that before doing anything more.

My rig is a Next Level Racing GTElite which has a Buttkicker mount under the seat, but might work for 4 transducers.

Went for it -received this morning Nobsound NS-01G Pro 2.0 Channel amp and pair of BTS-1 Bass Shakers.

Cost was $150 - half of what the regular Buttkicker would have cost.

Have the day off and itʻs raining outside so racing and working on rig all day.

IMG_8346.jpg

Last edited:
Went for it -received this morning Nobsound NS-01G Pro 2.0 Channel amp and pair of BTS-1 Bass Shakers.

Cost was $150 - half of what the regular Buttkicker would have cost.

Have the day off and itʻs raining outside so racing and working on rig all day.

View attachment 1232806

Hey there,

Would you mind posting your results? Mounting, wiring, integration to PS5/GT7, etc.? I’m really trying to work this out, but have zero A/V experience. It would be a great resource for others, if you could leave a semi detailed how to. This seems like the smarter way to go, over Buttkicker, for GT7 only players like myself and I’m sure, many others. Sweet rig and setup. I’m rocking the same thing as well.

Had a few delays but got everything working today with GT7 and I gotta say it’s pretty cool!

I used two pieces of 3/4” ply fitted between the rails on my Next Level Racing rig, one under the seat and one under the pedals. Mounted using the extra tee slot nuts that came with my rig and 8x30mm cap screws from hardware store. Amp (Nobsound Douk NS-01G Pro) is setup with the included 12v/5a power supply and connected to laptop with usb cable. Speaker wire is 16 gauge stranded wire using the spring terminals on BTS-1 speakers, and screw terminals on the amp. Have not mounted the amp yet, but it will be up high, visible and accessible.

Simhub is running on my old gaming laptop, took some time and watching YouTube vids to configure but it worked. Using WiFi on laptop and PS5, you have configure Simhup with your PS5 IP address and open 2 UDP ports in Windows firewall (Simhub will tell you which ones). I believe you can only do that if your Windows account is an administrator. Using the free version but planning to purchase full version.

Just love the rumble of American Muscle cars!

Planning to add some metal strips or angle to the mounting points because it seems the vibrations are somewhat muted. My current mounts are cap screws with large washers through slightly oversized holes in the ply, fastened to tee nuts in the rig. The plywood rests on the aluminum rig. My thoughts are more metal to metal contact would improve the vibration response. May even try 1/4” steel or aluminum plate in place of the plywood.

EF639669-666F-465C-ABC5-B9CBF5B3B169.jpeg35E2A229-7097-4C87-911B-55A081A2B71A.jpegIMG_8381.jpg

Last edited:
Yes! I worked it out. I ended up buying a Buttkicker and a Dayton tactile transducer BTS 1 with another amp for future expansion. I have rumble in front and back. I love it. Through some research I have read that having 4 transducers (one in each corner) has diminishing returns. I have a thin rig so right to left is difficult to feel.

I am using sim hub. Both amps connected to laptop. One to 3.5 audio jack(Dayton) and one to usb (Buttkicker). Other wires include speaker wire going from amps to transducers. The laptop is connected to PS5 wirelessly. It just needs to be on the same network. I followed some Youtube Simhub tutorials. Not to difficult. There is zero delay that I can tell.

Initially, I tried just hooking the buttkicker up to the sound via the 3.5 jack on the PS5. It was terrible. It was just random bass sounds. Buttkicker says this is the only option. Their software does not work with consoles at all. Simhub is where it's at.

If you have other questions I can help you out. It is not just sound now. There is actual individual haptic feedback that you can customize. Good luck.

Hey im running simhub on laptop trying to connect to ps4 .both on same network.opened inbound/outbound udp
firewalls. It just wont connect to game.any ideas?

Back