Simple way to adapt existing tunes to different tyre sets?

• Thread starter AlterSack
  • 3 comments
Germany
Germany
EinAlterSack
Hi,

is there a rule of thumb for adapting existing tunes to different tyres, e.g. to modify a tune optimized for SH so it keeps most of it characteristics when running with RH? The in-game explanations recommend higher spring rates for higher grip tyres. I'm hoping for a simple rule like "add x to spring rates when changing from Sx to Rx"…?

Thanks for your advice!

What he said. What I've found though is that there are more cases where a SH setup (for instance) will also work with softer tires, but the inverse isn't the case nearly as often.

As the above.

Look at the blue bars under the values on the suspension settings. If you imagine all the tyres, ranging from slippiest to grippiest, left to right, in my opinion, the further along the tyres scale you are, the further along you want the blue bar.

The dampers should also be adjusted to match the springs. Softer springs need less damping. But softer springs will give more dive and squat weight transfer, so too soft will cause instability issues. Also, if I make the springs softer, I'll up the ARBs to counter the body roll. All vice versa.

Back