Simroom VR3 R36, D-Box 4250i Motion, Simsteering, Precision Engineering Wheels, HE Ultimate Pedals

• Thread starter readyfe
  • 188 comments
I like it man, the FOV really makes a lot of different in speed when set properly.

I turned Bezel Corrected resolution off in nVidia control panel and ticked "allow program to control settings" and then configured the measurements and angles etc in iRacing - it calculated this field of view and I havent looked back since...!

I also took some advice from Remco Hitman who told me to open my screens up, was running about 45 degrees previously and now about 20 degrees - so much better.

I'm very tempted also to actually mount my GoPro to my helmet (at the chin level and keep it upright rather than the headstrap) and record the next SRA race with it on (I seem to race better when I have an audience) :)

The first stage of the new upgrade, there's a few things coming so will show you progress as they arrive and as it all comes together..

Hello My Precious...

6oa6.jpg

dn2b.jpg
jktj.jpg

Last edited:
LOL I can't believe you did it and bought the bodnar wheel. Mauro, if the devil wasn't ruining my life right now I would have bought it in a second. Unfortunately I don't have a home yet. :(

To my friends from Facebook, I didn't remove you because of anything you did. Just having a horrible time right now. Can't find a home a bank will sell, lost my girl, life is **** right now. Didn't want to pollute your life with my dreadful luck.

Had one of the best experience in sim racing on that rig the other night, the C6r will never feel the same anymore on a static rig. this rig is so beautifully tuned. I love it.

To my friends from Facebook, I didn't remove you because of anything you did. Just having a horrible time right now. Can't find a home a bank will sell, lost my girl, life is **** right now. Didn't want to pollute your life with my dreadful luck.

Mayman, hope you're okay mate.. life throws so many challenges and it's very hard to truly understand what you're going through but I hope you stay strong and keep positive mate through this difficult time.

I love it mate!
Is this a custom build then? Wish I'd a Dad that could fabricate lol Mine can't even hang a TV bracket lol

I love it mate!
Is this a custom build then? Wish I'd a Dad that could fabricate lol Mine can't even hang a TV bracket lol

Thanks mate.. The Visionracer is a custom build from Simroom. Higher Wheel mount brace and custom spec dash, also custom mount for the Bodnar wheel and the plate for the pedals...

As for my Dad, yeah I'm very lucky - he's a retired welder and a true man of all trades so nothing is ever too hard, just takes a little more time. But the end result is what counts :)

Ah, I thought it looked familiar. Awesome all the same! Still can't believe you got the Bodnar wheel lol How is it?

Ah, I thought it looked familiar. Awesome all the same! Still can't believe you got the Bodnar wheel lol How is it?

It's all getting fitted as we speak on the new rig, along with HE Sim Pedals & an ARC shifter...

The only thing I'm reusing is my Sparco EVO III seat and my D-Box 4250i.

Hopefully I can give an update in a couple of weeks. Some of my requirements are custom fabrication so there's some delays there.

Yeah got the update from David on the new VR3 stuff. Hopefully I'll have a home soon so I can get back to racing. Looking great and please update me at the email address I left you. You guys are still my mates. :)

Nice rig mate.

Just curious but how much are the D-Box motion actuators and control box going for these days(USD)? I already have a chasis and screen. $500? $1000? $2000?

Nice rig mate.

Just curious but how much are the D-Box motion actuators and control box going for these days(USD)? I already have a chasis and screen. $500? $1000? $2000?

I purchased mine locally in Australia but from what I've heard you're looking at about US$8,000 or so for a D-Box 4250i (4 actuator kit).

Message user 'Mayaman' above, he has got some contacts that can help and probably get better pricing too!

I purchased mine locally in Australia but from what I've heard you're looking at about US$8,000 or so for a D-Box 4250i (4 actuator kit).

Message user 'Mayaman' above, he has got some contacts that can help and probably get better pricing too!

Thanks for the reply. I notice they have another kit set called the 4500HD-6.

http://www.d-box.com/en/industrial/technology_products/actuators/hd6.html

hd6_02.jpg

These are supposedly using their new 6" actuators. Are the prices the same for these as they are for the 4250i series? How much would I be looking at for the quad set of the 4500HD-6 actuators?

Thanks for the reply. I notice they have another kit set called the 4500HD-6.

http://www.d-box.com/en/industrial/technology_products/actuators/hd6.html

hd6_02.jpg

These are supposedly using their new 6" actuators. Are the prices the same for these as they are for the 4250i series? How much would I be looking at for the quad set of the 4500HD-6 actuators?

I can only imagine these being uber expensive mate. Each actuator has it's own ACM (actuator control module).
Plus from what I know these have a higher weight rating for greater loads, probably for complete cockpit solutions.

I would expect these to be nearly double the price of the 4250i.

There is also the 4400i...
Go to here: http://www.d-box.com/en/consumer/home_products_gaming_partners and click 'motion actuators' tab

Back