Since the release of GT5P

  • Thread starter Thread starter Noah
  • 16 comments
  • 1,086 views

Noah

Premium
Messages
719
How many of you still play GT4? I'm thinking about picking it up tomorrow just because of the fact I haven't played it forever.
 
Very little, but Nurburgring and Tsukuba circuit always draw me back in.
 
Unfortunately my disk got scratched about 3months before I got my ps3 and when I got my ps3 I gave the ps2 to my son.

Does gt4 work on ps3?
 
Unfortunately my disk got scratched about 3months before I got my ps3 and when I got my ps3 I gave the ps2 to my son.

Does gt4 work on ps3?

yea as long as you have a 60 gig or 80 gig model PS3 then all PS1 and PS2 games will work. sadly if you got the 40 gig no backwards compatibility for you. but no i dont play it anymore probably cuz i dont have my saved data for it anymore :indiff:
 
I did try playing it but unfortunately I have the PS3 that won't play PS2 games so I had to play it on the PS2; the graphics were terrible on an HD TV. It was a sad day to be honest...
 
I don't play GT4 anymore. I'm selling my copies. I start loosing interest in playing racing games. :guilty:
 
I did try playing it but unfortunately I have the PS3 that won't play PS2 games so I had to play it on the PS2; the graphics were terrible on an HD TV. It was a sad day to be honest...

I have an HD TV, so would it not be worth buying then?
 
I have an HD TV, so would it not be worth buying then?

Worth buying what? GT4? If you have the PS3 that upscales PS2 games, it might not be that bad but PS2 rendering on an HDTV is god-awful.
 
Worth buying what? GT4? If you have the PS3 that upscales PS2 games, it might not be that bad but PS2 rendering on an HDTV is god-awful.

Oh ok, I didn't know you were actually talking about it looking bad with using the ps2 on HD TV. I do have the 60GB PS3.

I think the only way that I will buy it is if there is some way that I can unlock everything on the game, just because I want to play mostly GT5P and I don't want to get to caught up in trying to beat a game that is so old. Is it possible to get game saves for GT4 like you can with GT5P? I'm assuming not.
 
I think the only way that I will buy it is if there is some way that I can unlock everything on the game, just because I want to play mostly GT5P and I don't want to get to caught up in trying to beat a game that is so old. Is it possible to get game saves for GT4 like you can with GT5P? I'm assuming not.

As far as I'm aware the best way to do it is to upload the game data of someone who's done as much of the game as you want to start with. Just a question of transferring between memory cards.
 
I think I'm just going to hold off on buying it. I might buy it down the road when I need a break from GT5P.
 
Please don't double post, Noah. Use the edit button, or the multi quote feature, in future. Thanks
 
I do every once in a while, but the Sixaxis is super-sensitive, much more so than the DualShock 2, and I can't find a way to turn it down. With the Sixaxis, you have a choice between full throttle and idle, and trying to turn is like turning a driving wheel all the way to the left or right. It's awful, so I dig out the DS2 whenever I play. I usually only stick to the Ring or La Sarthe when I do play it, though.
 
I haven't played GT4 at all since GT5, though not for the want of trying. I appear to have lost my component cable for the PS2 so can't play any of the games at the mo :(
 
Any one know if the g25 will work with gt4 I still have the dfp but dont want to hook it all up to my playseat. I need to do some laps of the ring its been a while
 
Any one know if the g25 will work with gt4 I still have the dfp but dont want to hook it all up to my playseat. I need to do some laps of the ring its been a while

It works. The shifter only works in sequential mode, but other than that it works great. The graphics are horrible when using the ps3 though. Really bad, but it's still gt4, it just looks more like gt2.
 
It works. The shifter only works in sequential mode, but other than that it works great. The graphics are horrible when using the ps3 though. Really bad, but it's still gt4, it just looks more like gt2.

It looks identical to me. I play GT4 at 1080i or 480p on my CRT monitor, and it looks the same on my PS2 or PS3. If you moved from a PS2 + standard def TV setup to a PS3 + HD setup, that might explain the difference. GT4 looks a lot more pixelated and 'crawly' on a higher-resolution screen, without the standard def TV scanlines.
 
Back