Skid Recovery Force Prohibited in Time Trials

I can see what PD was trying to accomplish with the SRF. Help beginners get acclimated to racing. However, I think this feature should never be forced on like mentioned above, and if used, it must be displayed in the race HUD at all times.

Jerome

Two words, Ridge racer.

Adapt or die.

Again, this isn't Ridge Racer. Stop trying to bring your 'ultra realism' to a console racing game. Go play iRacing or something like that if you're gonna keep saying that.

Time trials would be more competitive and realistic if everyone is on an equal playing field (no one can use skid recovery force in time trials)
We are already on an equal playing field as anyone can use SRF where it is available.

What they really should do is have a separate board for SRF on vs SRF off or force ASM and TCS on when SRF is on to prevent the fast drivers from gaining an advantage by using it.

Forcing it off would cause some drivers not to be able to get the gold prize money

Problem with this is that the only seasonal events since release so far had been seasonal time trials (excluding day 1 update), so if they continue in that vein you are saying that half the players of the game potentially can't play most of the new events until gt7. I'm not saying this isn't an issue, I just think split leaderboard is fairer to all players, in my opinion.

Problem with this is that the only seasonal events since release so far had been seasonal time trials (excluding day 1 update), so if they continue in that vein you are saying that half the players of the game potentially can't play most of the new events until gt7. I'm not saying this isn't an issue, I just think split leaderboard is fairer to all players, in my opinion.

We are already on an equal playing field as anyone can use SRF where it is available.

What they really should do is have a separate board for SRF on vs SRF off or force ASM and TCS on when SRF is on to prevent the fast drivers from gaining an advantage by using it.

Forcing it off would cause some drivers not to be able to get the gold prize money

Split leaderboards would be better but then the game would need to make it where players can run two separate option sheets with 2 different times (one with use of SRF and one without). If that wasn't implemented it would just create more complaints.

Forcing it off would cause some drivers not to be able to get the gold
prize money
That's ridiculous.

The games online ranking should be in order of who is the fastest in gran turismo, racing on the gran turismo physics, NOT Ridge Racer skid recovery force physics.
Gt5 had this right, and GT6 has it wrong. Period.
Do you think GT academy is racing with skid recovery force on?
Move gold two seconds slower, disable SRF. Tell me you think their is any actual challenge in getting gold with srf on at the current parameters?
I feel so strongly on this issue, and I'm positive PD will eventually make this change and come to their senses in a future update.

do you prefer the fact that SRF is on for time trials?

No. In fact, I couldn't give a damn if it was on or off. All that matters to me is how quick I can go compared to everyone else. And that's the point of these time trials, right?

I'm done with this conversation about SRF. This is a waste of my time. :rolleyes:

Having spent 30 minutes + till i finally got gold on the NSx event using srf I would say for some people yes there IS a challenge from some of these events. And I'm sure I'm not the only one. But if srf must be off for time trials, go back to the gt5 approach of alternating time trials and career events. That would also be fair I think to both sides.

That's ridiculous.
And that is your opinion, The SRF is intended to make it easier for novice drivers. I don't use it or I should say I do not normally use it but it is there if I decide I want to, you don't have to use it. They could have a separate board for those who use it. They could lock on ASM and TCS which would kill the gain gotten by using it and deter the better drivers from using it.

I honestly do not care if they lock in on, lock it off or leave it as is. I never saw those short duration time trials as being worth the effort to post a really quick time on anyway. More often than not they are in a car I am not interested in on something other than the tracks I like best and they are only active for a couple of weeks then removed after 4.

Not sure why it is a big deal to anyone really but whatever they do with them won't change things much other than having to make the times even easier if they lock off the SRF in order for the novice drivers that normally use SRF to be able to get the prize.

Oh and btw the time trails are not GT academy most people do not take them very seriously

Does anyone know if in GT6 more percent of players are getting gold in time trials than GT5 because SRF can be used? Or are the gold times harder to get in GT6 than GT5 so it equals out?

As a start they could at least alternate each new TT as to allowing SRF on or not. It is quite annoying that it has been allowed for EVERY TT so far though. Its been a very long time since GT5 had a seasonal TT where SRF was allowed, why do we always have for GT6 now?

As a start they could at least alternate each new TT as to allowing SRF on or not. It is quite annoying that it has been allowed for EVERY TT so far though. Its been a very long time since GT5 had a seasonal TT where SRF was allowed, why do we always have for GT6 now?
I think they do it for the lesser skilled drivers to gain some money easier. Hopefully once a lot of the players have a good amount of money, SRF will be prohibited.

Back