Skoda Vision Gran Turismo Concept Revealed

• Thread starter Famine
  • 57 comments
Who said anything about protest? I pointed out an unreliable narrator, nothing was said of protests. Continue to believe what you choose to believe.
Your entire account here is clearly against PD, Kaz and GT7.

It’s just the next obvious thing for you to do!

At least Skoda has a more consistent design language than BMW... Still, I won't buy it.

I don't get it either. I drive a Superb Break irl and I don't want it in the game.

A GrB or Gr4 Skoda on the other hand would be cool.
I drive the Superb Wagon in work and i hate it... But I would love it and other Škoda in GT because there i dont need to hear it loudness and sit in the uncomfortable seats, even if its better than the Enyaq and Octavia we also have..

I drive the Superb Wagon in work and i hate it... But I would love it and other Škoda in GT because there i dont need to hear it loudness and sit in the uncomfortable seats, even if its better than the Enyaq and Octavia we also have..
I love mine actually. I have the L&K version and I don't find it uncomfortable. Still, I have no interest in driving it in the game. It's heavy and not meant to drive on a track. But I don't drive most of the road cars so I'm biased.

This is the same guy who said there would be races up to 24 hours in length...
Just to check, as I can't recall, but did he say "real time"? If he didn't, we may have already got them.

Also, for fun:

This is a first example of an actual, established vehicle manufacturer that isn't already in the game building a Vision GT car as its first Gran Turismo vehicle. It's the very first situation where VGT is the start of the relationship.
Kazunori Yamauchi
The true meaning of today is that this is not the end of the relationship between ourselves and Skoda; the project really marks the beginning of the relationship.
My post was on Monday, Yamauchi's comment was yesterday...

Now, I'm not saying I have any particular special advanced knowledge of this case - and if I did, I almost certainly couldn't say, nor even hint, that I did and I don't habitually drag teasers of what I know through the forums as I prefer the mood of reasonable expectation to the hype/disappointment cycle - but I find the relative similarity in those phrases interesting.

I love mine actually. I have the L&K version and I don't find it uncomfortable. Still, I have no interest in driving it in the game. It's heavy and not meant to drive on a track. But I don't drive most of the road cars so I'm biased.
Ok, i think L&K have better seats than Green Line then.

If we talk drive and not comfort so can I say that I find the car fun to drive on curvy roads . We have the 4X4 2.0 190 hp diesel as taxis at work

It looks like my initial instinct was correct and the semi-transparent dome over the driver does contain some instrumentation:

1714040246442.png

Just to check, as I can't recall, but did he say "real time"? If he didn't, we may have already got them.

Also, for fun:

Now, I'm not saying I have any particular special advanced knowledge of this case - and if I did, I almost certainly couldn't say, nor even hint, that I did and I don't habitually drag teasers of what I know through the forums as I prefer the mood of reasonable expectation to the hype/disappointment cycle - but I find the relative similarity in those phrases interesting.

Also, for fun:

Races up to 24 hours, dur

Also, for fun:

Addition of races up to 24 hours in the missions. That is what was promised in 2022. They are currently at 1 hour.

Addition of races up to 24 hours in the missions. That is what was promised in 2022. They are currently at 1 hour.
Just to repeat myself (as it seems to be the fashion), did he promise races up to 24 hours of real time?

I don't recall, but if he did, we don't have them. If he didn't, we may well do.

Who wants to bet that the upcoming live GTWS event in Prague will feature a one-make race with this thing?

Traction (which I am assuming is traction control level) shows 2 but your TC is off. Kind of annoying when they can't bridge that gap.
Brake balance also appears to do little. Everything else works though.

Just to repeat myself (as it seems to be the fashion), did he promise races up to 24 hours of real time?

I don't recall, but if he did, we don't have them. If he didn't, we may well do.
https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt7/news/00_8947683.html
Finally, we also want to take the opportunity to lay out some of the near-term Updates we are working on. We can’t confirm an exact date or specifics yet, but will give advance notice via www.gran-turismo.com:

・Increase the reward payout of limited-time events as we develop as a live service;
 ・Addition of more World Circuits events;
 ・Addition of more Endurance Races to Missions, including 24-hour races;
 ・Addition of online Time Trials with rewards based on the player’s position in the online rankings;
 ・Being able to sell cars.
So the issue is the wording in the Update to players.
Some people are taking the words as something else, things such as "some" when they're expecting all.
Including 24-hour races might be 24hour or 24hour cycle, not sure and also no definitive date(I know that leads to trouble) but some people are just reading one thing and expecting a whole lot more.

I can't recall if the Human Comedy Endurance Races are 24hour cycle or not(I'm not redoing them to find out) maybe PD are still working on the 24hour missions to add later on in the game but hey who knows what they're currently working on, some think its 60cars a year/6 a month ;) while others think they're all working on GT8 and forgotten about GT7...

I can't recall if the Human Comedy Endurance Races are 24hour cycle or not(I'm not redoing them to find out)
They're not. The WTC800 race at Spa 24h is though.

As I suspected, the statement didn't say 24 hours of real time, so that may be it!

To say they will add 1 hour missions (done) and then at same time mention "up to 24 hours" clearly showcases cycle had little to do with it.

Still, if people genuinely think one hour is an endurance race, more power to them.

but it doesn't say this at all, where are you quoting this from?

"Addition of more Endurance Races to Missions, including 24-hour races;"

Context:

"we also want to take the opportunity to lay out some of the near-term Updates we are working on. We can’t confirm an exact date or specifics yet,"

Last edited:
Alex: it was in the road map notes cited by multiple sources at the time
Uhh no it's not, I've even quoted the source in my posts above, doesn't say "up to" anywhere

Edit: if you're actually going to stand on your hill, get your sources right and at least provide them

Last edited:
Back