Skyline R32 GTR, Gear Ratio for Top Speed Run. Any Wisdom ?

• Thread starter HydroDL
  • 2 comments
Basically what you want to do is reset tranny to default then put your final gear maybe 3/4 of the way to full right then put your max speed all the way down. THEN take ur final gear and put it full LEFT and take all your gears and put them full right. If your car tops out u will need to pick a higher final gear number (instead of just 3/4 of the way to the right) before u put the max speed all the way down and put the final gear full left as well.

I don’t have a setup for drag racing specifically, but I have a setup for cruising on Tokyo East with a 360km/h top speed. I run it on Sport Soft tires, but the launch is still really good.

If you want to adjust it for drag racing, there’s a lot with the suspension you can do to get the best launch possible. You then also have to dial in the gears for the length of drag racing you’re doing.

For the R32, it makes max power at 7500 rpm. In cockpit view, it’s the first red hash mark on the tachometer (not where the tach turns solid red at 8000). For gears 1-4, you want to shift at around 8000rpm, and have your rpm drop for upshifts be as low as possible. For really short length drags like 1/4 mile, you can set the gears so close that you don’t need to go all the way to 8000rpm, you can shift slightly before to stay closer to peak power at 7500rpm. For 5th gear, to get the most top speed, you want the rpm to sit right at 7500rpm at your top speed.

Latest Posts

Back